BeneFit Cosmetics Moon Beam

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Sesame Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn Starch, Triethanolamine, Oleth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica.

on 11/8/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I was looking for a a perfect quick dry liquid highlighter. I have plenty of MAC MSF's and wanted something different. I kept hearing about Benefit's High Beam but when I went to Sephora it did not compliment my skin tone what so ever. Before I left the Benefit isle, this caught my eye. I tried it on and it was perfect, the ideal shade of an iridescent gold tone I was looking for. As it gets colder in NYC I like doing a matte face majority of the time but I wanted to switch it up this coming winter. The highlighter is ideal for just that, highly recommended.

on 11/4/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff. Unlike other shimmer powders, gleam creams or liquid highlighters this works for my light golden yellow skin. Most others are too pink, too silver or appear like a powder sitting on your skin with glitter. This just gives an amazing glow. If you have a warm undertone try this out. A little goes a long way and unlike others I like the nail polish applicator. I just blend with my foundation brush where i want it on my face. An absolute keeper.

on 10/26/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoy that this highlighter is more goldy/pinky/peach than silver/white. It adds that perfect something to your looks, day or night. The true test to me was when friends commented on my glowy skin, NOT my glowy highlighter!

The nail polish bottle and brush is okay, but I've found the trick to putting this on without smearing other makeup. Don't paint it on like polish, dot it on and then tap/blend lightly with your ring finger. My other makeup stays untouched, and the highlight looks fantastic by using this method.

on 10/17/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I'd give it a 5 but it is a rare product indeed that I give a 5 to. I love the shade (pinky/gold/peach)... and it has just the lumenessence I was looking for... I was looking for a pretty lumenessence that didn't have a lot of obvious sparkles... this fits the bill... you can perfectly well wear a smaller amount in the day because it is so subtle and wear more at night if you like... doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Don't love the brush applicator but that's no biggie. It's a bit expensive to me but I got it pretty cheap on ebay. A+

on 10/16/2010 4:33:00 PM

Pros: beautiful highlight color, gold-ish pink. Warms up the high points well

Cons: nail polish applicator is useless, when I use it over any liquid or powder foundation, bronzer or blush, it almost wipes off any makeup I've put on & looks smeared.

I really wanted to love this but the smearing look just ruins it.

on 10/6/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is something you buy once and you have it for more than a decade...good for special occasions, but it will take you a dozen tries or so before you figure out how to use it for your own face. I have a wide nose and have heard about putting highlighter down the center to make it look thinner. I tried to do that but I don't have it down yet.

I think this is not one of those instant-gratification purchases. You will have to play around with it to see what works for you, and IF it works for you. I have been in the market for a highlighter but I also have oily skin and visible pores so I have to be careful. I think I want to try to apply this on the very tip tops of my cheekbones under my eyes and in the corners of my eyes and maybe try the Cupid's bow suggestion below. I will update in a month and see how it goes! Tricky applicator!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product does not show up on my nc40ish skin tone. It leaves a sheen of glitter. However when I mixed it into my foundation it really makes a difference leaves an glowy effect. It's a little bit pricey for me, but this product will last a long time.

I don't think I'll be rebuying this.!

on 9/15/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is very creamy. It applies with a nail polish-like applicator. It has a golden shimmer to it with some pink iridescence. It isn't as highly pigmented as I had expected, and since it is relatively expensive, I don't find that it's really worth the price. It did give my cheekbones a lovely glow, but it is hard to apply to get an adequate coverage. It also doesn't apply well over heavy foundation, it just smears the foundation around. It also has a tendency to be streaky.

on 8/18/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This works better for me than highbeam, but not that 'wonder' highlighter i was looking for. I tend to dot down the bridge of my nose and blend and also use it under my brows. As i use powder foundation i find it difficult to apply to the cheekbones and so have abandoned trying! Overall a nice product but expensive. I think there are similar products available which are much cheaper. Will not repurchase.

on 8/17/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This just didnt show on me. I had to pack it on and my skin is oily and it just did not sit on my skin very well. It washed away after a hour. I hated this so much I through it in the trash. If I would have known about MUA I would have swapped it. It was def a waste of money.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products