August 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Treatments (Face) - Biore - Pore Cleansing Strips - Nose

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I have one of these babies on right now as I type.

I love these things! Before using these, I could never understand with how often I wash my face (twice a day), exfoliate, use face masks, you know, the works, how my blackheads on my nose were not going away. It was so upsetting. So after watching a night time routine on Youtube where a beauty guru applied one and then talked about how they had helped her, I decided that I needed them. And I am so glad that I did.

Even though I use two of these a week, I am always surprised by how much gunk they are able to remove (nasty, but so worth it). Before I use a pore strip, I wash my face (Mario Badescu Botanical Facial Gel with a Clarisonic Mia 2), apply a mask (I rotate between LUSH Love Lettuce and Mario Badescu Flower and Tonic Mask), rinse my face off and apply a warm wash cloth over my nose a couple times, add hot water to my nose, then smack one of there puppies on and let sit for about ten to fifteen minutes. They are truly amazing.

After I got used to them, I don't feel like they really hurt all that bad. I just grab the strip below my eyes on each side and pull. It's over in a couple seconds. Once I get it off, I wash my nose and cheek area with soap and warm water just to make sure that no sticky residue is left behind to sit in my pores. Because of how great they are, I really do not find the price of them to be all that terrible. I think that I paid $6.49 USD for a box of eight strips from Target which is not all that bad. Especially since you can save the "Prove It" cards in the box, enter the code on their website, and earn points to redeem on products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have a problem with blackheads and somewhat large pores on my nose and decided to try these out. Despite all of my time prepping my skin by first doing a mask and then steaming my face to open up the pores and draw out the impurities, I dont get the same results as some of the other reviewers. The stuff that the Biore strip pulls out is really really short and theres not a lot of it on the strip, so its very disappointing. I'm not sure if my pores are really deep or what, but I doubt how I prep my skin is the problem. If you know of another good method to remove blackheads please message me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupbymaddie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love these but boy, they are expeeeensiiive! I make a point of using one every month or so, because I don't want to waste my money. But using them so little sort of defeats the purpose of a cleansing strip. They are really good though, don't get me wrong and they take all the junk out of my nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by SkinMasquerade

these take out all of my black head, BUT they just come back :(
I don't whether the like or dislike this product, it just gives my mix feelings.
*these sometimes give me white head ( I don't usually get white heads)
there are also quite pricey
if you want to get as many black head out as possible do this
1) exfoliate your face
2) steam
3)rinse with warm water, pat dry
4)dampen wear you are applying the pore strip
6)apply strip,
7)wait bout 30 sec then massage strip for about 3min or more
8) keep on for an hour(its long but worth it)
9)remove how it tells you on the box(do it slowly)
* eyes will water but its normal, just keep a tissue around(u wont tear up bad)
if u don't have many blackheads don't bother using it, it will be a waste of time
good luck!!!:)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These ended up pulling out mostly tiny face fuzz and harmless sebaceous filaments rather than actual blackheads. A less harsh alternative to tape and manual squeezing for me has been oil cleansing. I massage cold cream for about 10 minutes and feel all the gunk in my pores come out on their own. It feels gritty like bits of sand. I wipe the cream off with a wet washcloth and use a foaming face wash to get rid of all the residue. My face feels soft and smooth and best of all, my pores look cleaned out and smooth. It takes time but the results are what I wished these pore strips could do and I'm giving myself a gentle facial rather than peeling duct tape off my face. I realized that my blackheads and clogged pores came from using sunscreen and any face makeup, so the cold cream has helped me remove all traces of it at the end the day and prevents more blackheads from forming. Just FYI in case you're stuck in a love/hate relationship with pore strips, there may be better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by edenlauren

It's great I love how it takes out all the grossness out my nose! I have no cons about this it's great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Is it just me or are the prices for these strips just sky rocketing? haha. I feel like every time i go to buy them they have increased by $2-$3. On another note, i buy these strips every 1-2 months when my nose feels very congested and i can start to see blackheads forming. No amount of washing or masks will truly clean out my pores and that's when i like to use these pore strips. After using them my skin feels clean and refreshed. It does not extract all blackheads and built up sebum in pores but i would say it clears about 70% and i'm just fine with that. I am satisfied with the results and will purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the life of me, I cannot get these to have any effect on my nose. I've prepped properly and even used Mario Budesco silver powder on my nose before (which drastically opens the pores), but still, nothing :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it is soo good.. it works very well...among other ones it is the one works for me..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really enjoy these strips but they can be a hit or a miss, depending how well you prep your skin. Yes, in order for these strips to be used at its full potential, you have to do couple things to your skin before you slap these things on. Otherwise, these things won't work as well or work at all. Below is a regimen I use to whenever I use these strips:
1. Exfoliate. You need to rid of the top layer of the skin so the strips can get in contact with the blackheads and clogged pores. Instead of using a scrub, I like to use an aspirin mask because it's effective as sloughing on the first layer of skin and it makes your face feel baby smooth! I leave the mask on for 20 mins. Brand doesn't matter but fyi, I use the CVS brand.
2. Steam your pores. This step is super important because you need to open your pores to loosen the blackheads/sebum. There a few ways to steam your face and the way I do it is placing a hot face cloth over my face. I run hot water in the sink, soak the cloth, and lay the face cloth over my face for a few seconds. After repeating this a couple times, I then just do this on my nose area for a few times because that's where I'll be putting the strip (duh lol).
3. Wet your nose. Pat water on your nose so it's damp but not dripping wet. I made a mistake once of putting too much water on my nose and the strip never hardened.

I just did all this before writing this post, and boy, am I satisfied! It's gross but satisfying to see all that gunk on the strip. It's summer so my skin is oily and literally all my pores on my nose are clogged.The strip helped rid of a TON of blackheads but not all, so don't exepct that the strip will unclog all your pores if you have a ton of blackheads/clogged pores. Nevertheless, Biore strips help me immensely.

Though these strips are known to be pricey, you should get them on ebay. Instead of paying $8+, I can get them for $6.50 on ebay.

Overall, I recommend these and would purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No