July 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

This is an actual lifesaver. Ever since I started using it my skin has cleared up so much, its unbelievable. I used to break out quite often, now I just don't. Since its summer my skin is oily and this helps control that too, if you're contemplating getting this, do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Okay firstly this may do a good job.. But it STINKS and it feels so rough on delicate face skin yuk

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Izthemermaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I have very very oily skin and recently had a nasty breakout due to hormonal issues [but I have mild acne to begin with] and after just a couple of uses this is clearing up my breakout and making my skin so soft and feels refreshed and clean. I highly recommend this product if you have acne, and want a nice natural way to clear it FAST. Go buy this!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the toners I've tried this one has giving me great results without overly drying, or irritating my eczema prone skin. I tend to get occasional acne around my jawline and chin. Just swabbing a squirt of this on those area's solves the problem in a day or two. Many of times I don't even have to apply any other form of acne medication. I have even used this in the morning to cleanse my face without soap. It's super refreshing and has a slight cooling sensation when applied. It comes in such a large bottle that it has literally lasted me over a year, and for around $2-$3 for a natural product, it's a steal. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. It's just that great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix this with water, lemon juice, and a small amount of grapeseed or sunflower oil to use as a toner. It works great! I have had issues with acne for years and most recently a LOT of redness. It has been so bad that it looked like I had a sunburn all winter. I used to use so many products with chemicals to try and get rid of acne that I'm pretty sure I ruined my skin and now it has to heal. I use Burt's bees intense hydration or sensitive cleanser, this toner, and a natural based moisturizer such as desert essence that is oil and plant based. If I wear a full face of makeup I will even precleanse with OCM and then continue with my cleanser. I see improvement in my skin everyday, it is finally healing and the redness is fading. I can use this full strength as well and haven't had any problems. Any zits that do pop up with this routine go away in a day or two. I recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kitkatkate1013

I really wanted to like this product but was disappointed. I have combination/dryish skin and I'm always looking for natural products and was excited to give it a try. The first week I used it, my skin was pretty good (a bit drying but with moisturizer I had no complaints) But on the second week I BROKE OUT. Badly. I usually have one or two small pimples but I broke out in small bumps on my forehead, all over my chin going up onto my cheeks, and around my nose and upper lip. They were mostly clogged pores. I think the reason I got them was because the alcohol dried out my skin, making it produce more oil, and clogging my pores! I really wish this had worked after all the good reviews but i guess it's just not for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by tdawgz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! About a month or so ago I decided to bring a toner into my skin care routine and now I can't believe I hadn't used one until recently! This one is especially great because it's natural (I hate putting harsh chemicals on my face). It's amazing at reducing redness/irritation in the skin, whether it be pimples or even redness in the cheeks, which I have personally always struggled with. The thing I like most about this product is that it helps with clearing away pimples and fading scarring from previous ones, and I've also found that my skin has been super clear since I've been using this. It does everything it says on the bottle, it was such a great purchase and I'm so happy with it! It has a really strong smell but I don't find it unpleasant, I'm not super sensitive to that sort of thing. I will definitley repurchase, I can't imagine my skin care routine without it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I really like this stuff! I did not really give it a fair chance in high school because I found it smells too bad, kind of like wet dog. Since there were so many good reviews, I decided to give it another shot.

This works really fast to reducing acne. After the first night I used this, my face was so much smoother and less angry. My pimples were reduced.

My only issue is that it is quite drying for my dry acne-prone skin so I am limiting its use to only once a day quickly followed by moisturiser.

Update: I stopped using this for a while because it was too drying but my skin became worse than when I started using it. Then I used it again with initial improvements only to follow the same destructive cycle again. So I don't want this stuff to ever touch my face again, unless it is for a cleaning a cut. Definitely not good for long term use. Probably ok for teenage skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by glittereyes007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin: combination oily, acne-prone, EXTREMELY sensitive and hyperpigmented. What a great combination, huh? Not.

I bought this product three days ago, after getting fed up of spending so much money on acne products that won't irritate or cause my extremely sensitive skin to break out. It seemed like no matter what I did, it just kept breaking out from the products I used. Anyways I was at CVS and saw a $2.00 off coupon wrapped around the cap of this stuff, so I grabbed a bottle to try out. I've heard good things about witch hazel, and have even tried a store brand of it which didn't do anything for me at all. But I've heard praises about Dickinson's so I gave it another go. I am so glad I did! My skin isn't breaking out any longer, and it feels so soft and smooth! I love this stuff and will definitely be repurchasing. The only con is the lid doesn't seem very secure, and I'm afraid it will spill because I travel a lot. If this stuff doesn't leave your bathroom, though, you don't have to worry about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by DanaCheryse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about using witch hazel as a toner. I have normal/oily acne prone skin. I stopped using it many year ago because I thought it was pointless. I was wrong. I started using the Boscia toner but my friend suggested using witch hazel. I instantly fell in love. My skin has never felt so smooth. It has definitely helped to decrease the number and intensity of my break outs. If you're acne prone or just want to make your skin clearer I would look into this. For $5 (USD) it's worth a try!