Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 12/30/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have sensitive skin and this is great and so gentle on my skin...it does have a bit of refreshed to almost tingling sensation but it is doing its job. I don't really like the smell...but it is something j deal with because of its benefits of controlling oil on the tzone and I've seen much improvement in my husband t(oily skin).... Another thing is the price!!! I've seen toners that are maybe like 10x the price! Super inexpensive and very effective!

I love this!!! This is the most affordable, natural toner you can find and it works so well! I gave it four stars because I can't really use it in the winter when my skin is much drier. I do love to use it during the warmer months when my skin is much more oily. I find that it does a great job of removing any excess oil or grime on your skin and it helps to prevent and sooth any acne you may have on your face. Overall I highly recommend this to people with oily skin. Not so much to people with normal to dry skin.

I first heard and about this product about 6 years ago from someone on youtube. I have been using it on and off since. I have only ever used this and Lush's toners and I prefer this one. (I felt that the Lush ones did nothing for my face.) For reference, I have very sensitive dry skin. I use it as a toner and to remove makeup. This does not irritate my face at all and I find it refreshing. I put some on a cotton bad and gently wipe. It costs about 5 USD for a big bottle so it is a great value. The smell is a little odd, but it's very faint so it does not bother me.

on 12/22/2013 6:45:00 AM

i absolutely love this toner! it is very cheap ($5 for a bottle), helps my oily skin, very refreshing, it has an odd smell but this doesn't bother me, and it has helped clear up my pimples! this product is my HG!

on 12/14/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've heard about witch hazel's acne-fighting benefits, so I picked up a bottle for $4 at Walmart. I've been using it for about a month or so, and I don't see a difference in my acne yet, but my oiliness hasn't been so bad lately. I wouldn't say it's because of this product alone, but it definitely helps. I switch off between witch hazel and my SkinFood Tomato Whitening toner, and they both help with oily skin. The only thing I don't like about witch hazel is the smell. It's a strange smell that isn't exactly pleasant to me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been working in the beauty industry for quite some time now and always find myself using witch hazel instead of the more expensive brands that promise miracles. By far this is the best solution out there for acne-prone skin and women who are simply attempting to get a beautiful glow. It's inexpensive, works great and will beat any toner out there.

There's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. This is the best toner I have ever used and my skin has never looked better. Love it

on 11/27/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

5 stars across the board! I really love Witch Hazel. I have oily skin and moderate acne (black heads and a few cystic bumps). I actually got the off brand Witch Hazel oppose to Dickinson's because even though the bottle says 100% Natural, the ingredients on the back only list as 86% Witch Hazel. The off brand was the same way with the other surprise ingredient being alcohol.

I actually use this as a make up remover before I cleanse since make up wipes are way expensive, and then after I cleanse as a toner. I have seen a gradual improvement in tone and softness of my skin since using. This stuff is dirt cheap and works. Use it.

on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely an HG product for me! I use it for everything!! It is super inexpensive which is great because I go thru it so fast! The main reason I got it of course is for my face! Best toner ever! Best part is it's natural. (Every toner you get has witch hazel in it anyway, just mixed with a bunch of crap!) Witch hazel has amazing effects on the skin. Dries up pimples, brightens my skin tone, tightens pores, removes oil, and I swear it even helps with black heads on my nose. It is drying so be sure to moisturize after! My second favorite use for this is to apply to my bikini area after shaving. It helps to reduce razor burn!! Works amazing for this use! Helps to also moisturize so that it doesn't get irritated from the shaving! Buy this stuff!! I have been using it for a couple years! You won't regret it!

on 11/24/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Dickinson's witch hazel is a staple in my skin-care routine. I always use witch hazel after cleansing my skin. Witch hazel helps remove tiny bits of makeup from around my hairline or from behind my ears after I've washed my face just at the sink. Any time I wash my face, though, witch hazel gives me the feeling that I'm really coming clean. It's light, doesn't dry, smells slightly medicinal, yet herbal, and most importantly, I feel that it removes any slight residue that may remain from my cleanser. I love to use witch hazel, as well, after I've plucked my eyebrows when I'm planning to wait a while before I bathe again. Sometimes I'll use witch hazel before I pluck my eyebrows to remove excess oil. For any minor abrasions that may occur on the skin, witch hazel really soothes and cleanses them. I also feel that witch hazel is a powerful antioxidant (perhaps I read that somewhere), so I really love to soak my face with it after a wash to really purify my skin. At least I feel that the witch hazel helps to purify my skin along with my cleansing routine which precedes my use of witch hazel.

*Please see my review of Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

Popular Face Skincare Products