October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

m just using cetaphil as face wash and this as toner. Wow! I wasat first hesitant to buy this but when I started using it and tonight's been my third day, all my breakouts are gone.i can't believe something this cheap would really be able to clear my skin up in no time. I think I'm gonna purchase more of this when I run out.thank God :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Catka06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is really fantastic if you have normal to oily skin with complexion issues dealing with acne or dark spots. Otherwise, it BURNS US.
I used it once in the morning and once before going to bed every day for about 10 days. I have a super sensitive nose, as in I can't have garbage sitting in my house for more than a day without getting a migraine, so the scent was a little too much for me. That being said, I definitely did see an improvement in my overall complexion rather quickly. I have about 5 days of much better looking skin with smaller pores and an overall glow to my skin that was amazing. But then around day 10 I noticed my face felt awful, like almost chapped all over. It hurt to laugh or even talk at points. I suspected it was something to do with the Witch Hazel so I stopped using it and used a moisturizing mask made from Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense Hydration Whatevermajig about 2 times a day for 3 days until I had my face back to normal. Long story short, I have absurdly dry skin and this made it so much worse when I used it as recommended. I could see possibly cutting back to once a day and not having an issue, but I won't be trying that for quite some time. But all of that said, I do really think it can works miracles for folks leaning towards the oily side of the face texture spectrum. Dry skin? Use with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used many toners in the past, loreal, Clinique, neutrogena, Olay witch hazel does not even come close to this one... So far this toner has been the best I've used, it cleans and freshens your skin so effectively. I don't get a tight feeling, or feel dry after applying. The smell is a bit strange I admit, but it doesn't bother me at all, it goes away fast. Plus I'm used to putting all kinds of treatments in my face that I don't really mind. I was a fan of Cliniques 3 step system but I wanted to find something more affordable for my daily skin routine, this toner has an awesome price. I also use Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and its an awesome product as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Alys5

I've started to use Witch Hazel again after finding this same bottle in our cabinet. I have fewer break outs and the smell doesn't bother me. Yea i still have at least one blemish once in a while, but the witch hazel helps with redness so its not a big deal. I have oily skin and it has helped so much to not have that extra shine. I always apply it after washing my face and after i use my face lotion on a cotton ball or application sponge. Or before i put makeup on. So if you have OILY skin or REDNESS TRY IT !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by oresvesk

Bought this at Walmart (Dickinson's brand) for $4 for a large bottle after reading the stellar reviews. I've honestly used it for six days now and I can notice a difference in my skin.

Though my complexion has mostly cleared up (especially around my forehead/eyebrows/hairline), my skin has definitely softened and feels a lot smoother than the last time I can remember.

It doesn't dry out my skin or smell all that bad personally. I apply some onto a cotton pad and apply it all over my face and neck after washing my face with either my Neutrogena face wash or with my tub of raw honey from Trader Joes. After using the witch hazel as a toner, I apply a spot treatment and very little of my Olay moisturizer all over my face, both morning and night.

So far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Jane21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been able to clear my skin and foundation is no longer necessary. I can now go with only powder but chose not too. Im sooo used to my foundation routine. Witchhazel has def cleared up my skin and i occasionally get a spot here and there. The smell is not the best but you will get use to it after a while. I def recommend this product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Maria12977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually have used the one from Target, it's way cheaper, $1.97 (16 FL OZ.)! Basically, it does work but it seriously purges your skin if it has tons of clogged pores like from heavy makeup over the years. My skin just broke out in tiny bumps along temples and jawline at first and then they grew to horrible and painful bumps. At first I thought I was allergic to it but turns out this is what is supposed to happen. Problem is that while I applied it morning and night, it felt nice on the skin, the smell does not bother me at all, probably due to the fact that I'm so used to disinfecting breakouts with alcohol and that really stinks! So while the hazel did not irritate my skin as I applied it, the reaction of my skin to it was too much to handle and my family was not too pleased with the results (my mom even said to me in disgust, "I don't even recognize your face anymore", so after 1 month and a half and 1 used-up bottle, I stopped. However, on the last night I began to notice an area of my skin, probably 2 inch square, completely clear, pore-less, and no more of my usual tiny bumps. This is when I realized that witch hazel does work, but the time it takes to clear the skin varies for everybody depending on the severity of clogged pores one has. For the time being I have switched to baking soda and water mask, and that works without the embarrassing and painful purging, but I need to be careful not to over do it to avoid possible irritation to my skin. So when I do have the time at least after my internship, I will return to witch hazel, which will help to finally clear my skin completely and continue to use it to prevent new breakouts from forming (then I'll give this product all 5 lippies)! Good Luck! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a week or two and at first I thought it was too gentle to have much effect on my spots. But after a couple of days, even my stubborn acne was starting to heal. I have found that I now rarely get a new spot and if I do its as a result of now removing makeup or something. I read lots of reviews before I bought it and saw that a lot of people only use this and with good results. However, I think for most people, especially those with severe acne, this would need to used as part of a 3 step routine in order to take effect. I use after cleansing with cetaphil on a morning (also a new product as I'm trying to get rid of perfumed and chemical filled face washes) and apply a small amount of jojoba oil after to moisturise. At night I use Ultrabland from lush to remove makeup then tone and moisturise as I do on a morning. It's simple and effective, I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Cilla2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! It drys out the pimples and leaves your face without shine which is great. You just put this on a cotton ball after you wash your face, or put it in a spray bottle and spritz throughout the day and before applying make up! This stuff is unbelievable and for the price? It doesn't get any better. Not to mention it's 100% natural which I love. Guys please try this you don't understand how great it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

was is this really supposed to do? i apply after my cleanser, and before moisturizer and/or benzoyl peroxide treatment. yes ill admit i do feel a tad bit cleaner afterwards, but it hasnt cleared up any acne or reduce surface redness. it has a weird smell, difficult to describe. i have a big bottle from cosco and i dont think ill repurchase.