November 28, 2014 | 1833 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ronrt86

I had a reaccuring dry flaky spot under one eye and this got rid of it in 2 applications, so I was very excited. Initially. Turns out I traded a dry spot on one eye, for horrible milia/red bumps under BOTH eyes. Keep in mind, I'm extremely sensitive and cannot use any eye creams because I always have this same reaction. This review is only to say that this eye cream is no different from others to me. If you have issues with milia, or breaking out with eye creams, do NOT think this one will be any different. I put it on for the first time Monday morning and had my first bump by wednesday night. Thursday night, both eyes were surrounded. Not for people sensitive to eye creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by beauty888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have purchased this in the US. So it was relatively priced. The cream is a thick creamy texture and it was still the same texture in winter. It is a good eye moisturiser. It is not a wrinkle cream just a moisturiser for dry skin. I have used this in winter and summer time and I dont have any complains about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

this feels no different from applying my daily / nightly moisturizer under my eyes. as far as i can tell, there are no special properties (such as anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, depuffing) to set this apart from a normal moisturizer. the consistency is thick but goes on easily and doesn't cause milia. my biggest gripe is that it some times seems to cause my eyes to feel tired / dry about 10 minutes after application. i only apply this right before bed so it's not a massive inconvenience, but i do wonder if it could be slightly harmful to my eyes. overall, meh product. i got a sample packet which has lasted me about a month (you only need the smallest amount each use) but will not be purchasing the full size when i'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

Very very moisturizing eye cream. I was experiencing extreme dryness around my eyes this winter and this saved me. I tried layering eye creams and oils at night and tried eye serums along with eye creams. While it didn't increase the number of fine lines that I was developing, the dryness didn't go away. But this product saved the dryness in my eye area. I noticed a lot of reviews that this product is hard to blend in, and I agree. But this product doesn't need to be blended, and I don't think it is formulated for blending. I dot on quite a lot of the product around my eye areas, leave it on for like 10 seconds and then lightly tab in into the skin. Within 5 seconds of tabbing, the thick creamy formula changes the texture into something watery that keeps the eye area very hydrated. It leaves a thing layer of the product, but it is not irritating or oily. II sometimes put some oil on top at night. In morning time, it helps the eye make up goes smoother as well. Yet, I wouldn't give a full five star, cuz it didn't improve the amount of fine lines I see on my eyes. It is still there, but less noticeable due to the hydration it provides though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 3

Price: 2 ($35/0.5 oz)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to bring down the ratings guys, but hear me out. I am new to Kiehl's, but I am so far in love with the brand. I got a sample of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado to try out when I bought the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion (love this! Buy it!) and I thought it would be a great replacement for my beloved Clinique All About Eyes Rich, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Packaging:

Packaging isn't a huge factor for me, so I don't care that it's in a plain looking white tub; very standard looking. All eye creams are packaged this way.

Performance:

Ok, so here's where this cream baffles me. I LOVE the texture; it's smooth, creamy, but spreads easily, so it's quick to apply. Upon first contact, the cream feels very rich and it absorbs quick, maybe about 3 mins and then eye makeup application can commence. I initially found that it hydrated my under eye area decently (much like Clinique All About Eyes Rich), but when I got to about halfway through my day (I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital) I noticed my under eye area starts to feel dry. At the end of my shift when I get home, my eyes definitely look dry.

I normally have oily skin, and the under eye area is probably the ONE dry area I have, so I need to have a cream that hydrates. I tried to play around with it, like applying more, but I always found that the moisture didn't last.

So, all that said and done, I love Kiehl's, but I just didn't love this eye cream, so I'm going to have to take a pass.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover917

Well I'm a little bummed out MUA. I got this based on the good reviews here! Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

It didn't blend in properly. It was just so thick that it wouldn't spread. It also didn't hydrate much and it somehow caused a zit under my eye. That's a first. This is not a repurchase for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by PufferfishVl

I have some little, almost invisible, bumps on my dark circles under my eyes and they are bothering me. I heard of this product from a friend, who says it's great so I thought I should give it a try. It turned out pretty good! I have been using it for around a week and i can feel the skin around my eyes smoother and the bumps are gradually disappearing. I have never used any other eye creams before but this one is doing a great job since my dark circles are going away too! I use it morning and night as the last step of my skincare. The only downside is that it is difficult to scoop out using the lid and I don't like my fingers going in and touching the whole thing. But I can still manage. Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by trae

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

don't think it does much for anti aging, but I like it for its richness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

I heard this product from Michelle Phan the youtube guru. I went to the kiehls store to get samples of it to try it out first to see if I would like it to actually purchase full size. The lady was generous and gave me a lot of samples. I put it in a container to use it for a long period of time. i really liked the consistency and smell of the cream. I especially like the formulation and how natural it is. Since I am still young I am only looking to hydrate my under eye. And this product did its job. Its unfortunate how expensive it is. Im using a different eye cream right now, but if I am unable to find any other cream to do the job, than this cream will suffice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eye cream. It sinks in quickly which is good. Also it does not migrate into the eyes like some creams I have tried before. Overall, a good buy.