Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 10/21/2011 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this. Absolutely love this. I must admit, my hair is not very damaged. I don't colour, bleach, straighten, curl or blow dry it. My hair has suffered the most damaged while travelling, because I often had no access to warm water and often only to a bucket of water (and no shower), so rinsing my shampoo was a challenge, and using a conditioner was out of the question. My hair is quite long, oily at the roots, but dry at the ends and it is very, very fine. When I went back home, my hair was very dry, damaged and it kept breaking off and falling out. This product saved my hair. At first I used it once a week in the shower. After washing my hair I apply this to my hair, comb it through with a wide tooth comb and put on a shower cap. I continue with my shower for about five minutes and then I rinse it out and follow up with a conditioner. After a few weeks my hair stopped breaking off and it definitely felt a lot stronger. Now I only use it once every two weeks and that's enough. It doesn't moisturize, but it does strengthen. I also feel that this product gives me a LOT of volume and thickness, which I love.
Edit: after reading some other reviews, I would like to add that the bottles has already lasted me for 7 months, and I still have about 1/4 left. However, I have to emphasize that I have very fine hair so I won't use as much as someone with severely damaged or thick hair.

on 10/15/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just recently started using this along with the Joico K-Pak conditioner and shampoo. This products is great, just wish it wasn't so expensive for a 5oz tube.
It smells like bananas, which is awesome; but it also separates in the tube so I shake it up before using. I usually shampoo, apply this product, wait 5 or so minutes, and follow with the conditioner right on top of it. Than I rinse it out about 10 minutes later. My hair feels amazing and it's really easy to comb out afterwards (this is usually not the case).

I have chemically treated hair (bleached and toned), which dries out super easily. This product keeps it nice and moisturized. I used it about once a week along with the shampoo and conditioner and found that this became too much for my hair. After washing my hair with it last time, it felt really dry and brittle. I think I over did it. I now use it about once every two weeks. It's much better to alternate with other products. My hair needs the protein so I plan on using this once every couple of weeks from now on. It works well but it is not a miracle product. If I style my hair with heat too much I still end up with a lot of breakage and split ends.

It's overall a good product and I will continue to use. I will repurchase if I find it at a reasonable price (Walgreens has it online for about $5 cheaper than other places).

on 10/15/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My hairstylist told me to use that. I have ombre highlights and hair straightening, and I must take care of my hair a lot so it don't look dry or too damaged. I already had pink hair, green hair, black, blond, red... all the possible color, so my hair is a little weak, after many years searching for the perfect hair product my hairstylist show me the K pak line. I wash it 2 or 3 times a week (and I use dry shampoo too!) and once a week I use Deep penetrating and Intense Hydrator. Deep penetrating alone already does the job, but to intensify I like the Hydrator a lot! I wash with a clear(transparent) shampoo, after I use Keune Cool Blond shades shampoo, rinse, then Joico Deep penetrating, let it for 5-10 min, rinse and then use the conditioner or the Hydrator, more 5-10 min, rinse and done.
My hair is always soft and shiny! Can't leave without it! Totally worth!
The smell maybe strong for some ppl, looks like banana or some sweet fruity tropical something, the texture is totally like 'soupy oatmeal', 1st time I used it I thought it was rotten or something! At the beginning you may thing that your hair looks like heavy and kinda hard, but try using the conditioner after the deep penetrating, it works.
Well, I just love it and recommends for everybody to try! I also use the Smoothing Balm and the Leave-in Protectant, both Joico K-pak line!

The best deep conditioning product I've used. I've always taken good care of my hair but over the last year, as a result of highlighting and blow drying my hair regularly it became uncontrollably damage. I tried Bumble & Bumble Deep, Redken Real Control, Aveda Damage Remedy and Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Estrem; all are good, but not good enough for my level of damage or as good as this. It's allowed me to have shiny, bouncy, elastic hair again. (Though I do try to minimize the amount of blow drying I do so I don't go back to having frizzy, lifeless, broken overly bleached hair.

on 10/12/2011 5:02:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I have curly hair, which is naturally dry. I got this as a freebie from Ulta, and I noticed results after my first use: My hair was immediately shinier, less frizzy, and had beautiful curl formation. I use this product a couple times a week (which is on the high end of how often it should be used), and I am always pleased with the results. Just be sure not to use it too often, as the protein can build up in your hair. I bought some for my mom too. I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Definitely does smell like old bananas. It's texture is like a soupy oatmeal. When applying it, it does tangle my hair into knots, and makes it really dry. I rinse it out for about 7 minutes to ensure it's all removed, since it causes breakage if it's not completely removed from the hair. I follow it up with a deep conditioner for about 45 minutes. I would not repurchase this product again.

on 9/20/2011 8:17:00 PM

One of my favorite products! It's one of the few haircare products that I always go back to and use on a regular basis. I work at a hair salon and have an endless supply of products to choose from but this is still one of the best in my opinion. My hair is baby fine, colored with a high lift blonde, and then highlighted with 40 volume bleach. I shampoo my hair almost everyday (terrible, I know) and blow-dry/flatiron on an almost daily basis. I switch up my shampoos but still use this product every week or 10 days and follow immediately with Joico intense hydrator. You cannot overuse this product!! It has a strong protein and can cause more harm than good when overused. If you continue to layer protein on protein, it will dry the hair out and cause more breakage. It is also extremely important to follow with a condioner. A protein treatment is not meant to moisturize the hair. If you don't follow with a conditioner, preferably a deep conditioner, you will likely be left with dry, crunchy ends. Another plus to the reconstructor is that my hair is not plastered to my hair like it is with some others. My only fault with the packaging is the lid can snap easily if dropped. The smell is nothing great, but is mostly pleasant. Only use this product if you need it, I wouldn't recommend it as a preventive measure. It is a reconstructor for a reason. Overall, a great product with a decent price that I will continue to use and recommend!

on 9/14/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is honestley one of the best hair treatments.
From the first time i used it it made my hair so smooth & healthy . My hair was dry so i bourght this & it was amazing . It helped with my ends and made it smell so yummy . Ive had this for quite a while & notice it dosnt do as much help as it used to but i love this (:

on 9/2/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is honestly the best ever.
i am so happy with this product it is amazing.
and this product deserves a five.

i have thick hair and it is dry and weak from the ends anyway my routine is..

before putting this product on... i soak my hair with hot or warm water and i put this

product on .. after 3 minutes i rinse it because i am bored in this shower anyway i rinse

my hair with cold water so the moisture of the product can stay in my hair. After using

this product i seriously cut down on the leave ons and other things i am really happy and

relieved to have finally found my number one product.

on 8/31/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

well TALLY ME BANANA! hehe. there's not much i can say that hasn't already been said. clarifying shampoo, k-pak, deep condition. love it. (smells like a bananas foster which i liked but can see some people hating) I had results after one use.