April 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Treatments - Joico - k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jessii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is honestley one of the best hair treatments.
From the first time i used it it made my hair so smooth & healthy . My hair was dry so i bourght this & it was amazing . It helped with my ends and made it smell so yummy . Ive had this for quite a while & notice it dosnt do as much help as it used to but i love this (:

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by posey00

this is honestly the best ever.
i am so happy with this product it is amazing.
and this product deserves a five.

i have thick hair and it is dry and weak from the ends anyway my routine is..

before putting this product on... i soak my hair with hot or warm water and i put this

product on .. after 3 minutes i rinse it because i am bored in this shower anyway i rinse

my hair with cold water so the moisture of the product can stay in my hair. After using

this product i seriously cut down on the leave ons and other things i am really happy and

relieved to have finally found my number one product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well TALLY ME BANANA! hehe. there's not much i can say that hasn't already been said. clarifying shampoo, k-pak, deep condition. love it. (smells like a bananas foster which i liked but can see some people hating) I had results after one use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by beeettthhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really not sure what to think of this product. I have bleached hair and reconstructor is the best thing to put protein back into it. However I don't really feel much of a difference when using this, although I know it's not meant to make your hair feel soft it's meant to actually help the structure. I'd buy this again because I'm not sure if it may have actually stopped my hair from falling out- my hair is not shedding and snapping from bleach like it used to. I love the smell, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Dozhug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use this every now and then to give my thin, breakable hair a little love after a month of teasing, brushing and colouring. After shampooing my hair I massage it into the ends from the midlengths, then wrap it in a towell for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. It always leaves my hair feeling soft and gets rid of the dry, brittle feeling in the ends. Just be carefull not too use it too often or it will have a negative effect on your hair. Once a month works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was at Shoppers drug mart and I was looking for a hair mask, one that could strengthen my hair after I box dyed it after not dying it for 3 years I felt it was brittle and when rinsing the dye out some hair fell out which I now know is normal. Anyways the cosmetic counter lady said this is what people
Like and I trusted her even with the $ 20+ tag I only use it once a week on the weekend.I shampoo then rinse very well and put the k-pak in from tips to roots. Smells kinda like banana, very nice I enjoy it kinda reminds me of Hempz moisturizing lotion.. I wrap a dry towel around it and shave an then rinse it out with cool water. It has left my hair strong and smooth and has less fly aways. I know it is healthier than before I dyed it and I think it is from using this once a week! You won't immediately notice the smoothing results like some conditioners but it helps to rebuild you hair not detangle it. After I get out of the shower of it's tangled I use L'Oreal color radiance detangling spray, which is AWESOME and has a UV filter in it to protect my darker. Hair from fading in the sun. I can say this is a keeper and it's not a daily conditioner so I can live with the price tag because it will last longer than a couple of weeks.

*uPdAtE*

So just when I thought my hair was in need of a cut, I used this again (since its the weekend) and I blow dried it and than straightened it and its so soft. No cut needed yayy!! HGHGHGHGHG

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product for dry/split hair. I use all the K-Pak products at the salon I work at and its a miracle worker. Very expensive but worth it x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!!! Love that's it's PH balanced & smells so good too =) My mom has her cosmetology license so I actually get this super-discounted which is nice cuz I deep condition with it once a week & I majorly saturate my hair =) I use a plastic cap & go under my bonnet for 20-30 minutes (you can buy a bonnet @ Sally's, I got mine @ a beauty supply store for $35). Definitely see a much more dramatic difference when I use the heat! Joico also makes an intensive moisturizer that I mix with the K-pak. This is a definite must have, I haven't gone without in the last 10 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

I have processed platinum blonde hair that's been through the ringer and it had started to show bad signs of damage, and it seemed like everything I tried didn't make it feel or look any less dry...talk about a bummer! Anyways, a friend's cousin, who owns her own salon, recommended this to me. I went to Ulta and purchased the 5 dollar travel-sized version just in case I didn't like it. I washed my hair, ringed out the water and put this on, wrapped my hair in a bun and blasted the blow dryer on it for about a minute. Wrapped my head in a scarf and went about doing other things. 30 mins later I washed this stuff out and WOW, even as I was washing it out (with cold water) my hair felt different. Put on a deep conditioner and finished up. Usually when I blow dry my hair, I look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket...but not this time. My hair had almost no frizz and it was straighter than usual, not to mention super soft. I use this when I wash my hair, which is once a week. Let me say this, it has changed my hair. This is another staple added to my beauty routine. Def. worth every penny. Your hair CAN get a little dingy, but nothing dry shampoo can't fix ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3c/4a curly-kinky hair. I spent over $20 bucks(8oz) on this and my hair did not respond to this product.

So would I say this product is horrible....No, because my hair didn't feel any different (not better or worse) and I used it once a week until the conditioner was gone. Just an FYI, I had the same results when I used Sally's GVP version.

My hair LOVES Ion Reconstructor and Aubrey Organics GPB.
Both brands cost less and actually work!