August 30, 2014 | 1786 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a product I have repurchased in the past and most likely will purchase again. I use this product after cleaning my face. It goes on thick but creamy. It is fairly easy to spread, but just make sure you spread it evenly or else it will take a long time to dry. It is green and has a minty smell. It does have a slight tingle when you put it on but nothing uncomfortable. It says to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I usually just leave it on until it dries completely. I remove it with a warm, wet washcloth. It reduces the size of my pores dramatically. It also helps dry out acne. The mask is also very cheap and widely available. This is a great product for the price. I just wish it was in a jar instead of a tube because it's difficult to squeeze our of the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Two things to note: 1) I have dry, non-sensitive skin. I anticipated a slight stinging sensation upon application, as those with dry skin should since this is a pore minimizing, tightening product. To avoid this discomfort, use only in areas that you are oily or get blemishes. You can even use it as a spot treatment. If you have oily skin, you should be able to use this all over without issue. If you have sensitive skin, or have ever reacted to a face product, just don't buy this mask; chances are you won't like it.

2) This is a cheap product. You get what you pay for. It's fine! It's not miraculous, but if you know your skin type and use it appropriately in the ways mentioned above, you should have some positive results. It also smells delicious, if you're into mint, and happens to be my favorite color (whatever, judge me!).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It helps a little with acne and leaves a real clean, tingling feeling after you use it. It's not amazing, but it does make somewhat of a difference. For the price, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rerelove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BEST MASK EVER! I've been having issues with breakouts around my chin, blackheads, and enlarged pores while trying to find a new cleansing routine for my super oily skin. I tried a host of different masks none of which gave the results this $3.99 mask did! I saw it working immediately sinking into my pores where I was having the most issues: around my nose and inner cheeks. After washing it off my face felt immediately better! So much softer, and my pores were noticeably smaller and my blackheads gone! I can't wait to use it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I'm big fan of masks in general and been using them for few years now. I don't have super oily skin so I don't see the need to use face wash every day, especially twice a day, instead I use cleansing milk and toner and that's enough for my skin, since I don't wear makeup every day. So since I don't wash my face every day, I need something stronger for the days when I do. Usually I do it every 2-3 days, when I wash my hair. So for those days I need some good deep cleaning masks. I start with peel of mask and follow up with this mask and I LOVE how my face feel afterwards.
I love the consistency of this mask. I usually used clay masks with that doubled as scrub too and compared to those, this mask was super creamy and smooth, also it smell very nice and fresh too. I personally love mint and slight minty smell was just another plus for me. It says that you have to let it dry for about 15 minutes but it dries much quicker. Also, little goes a long way. I'm still amazed how amazing this mask is considering how inexpensive it is. The only thing I'm not crazy about is packaging. I like the tube itself, feel like I can squeeze the last bits out when I finish it, but I don't like the fact that you have to unscrew the top instead of just popping it open.
I also read somewhere that if you have potential zit on your face a.k.a. angry red bump, if you put this mask over it, it will soothe and reduce the appearance and redness. I tried it once but i didn't let it overnight so I wasn't wowed by effects.
Anyways, overall this mask IS amazing, also very very affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by crissy42o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this mask as a spot treatment for three weeks now. It has good and bad points. It's good because it definitely helps to bring down inflammation in cystic pimples. It sucks all the junk out of your skin (provided you use it every day). It can bring pimples to a head, and then heal them once popped. All good stuff. The bad points: It looks ridiculous. It crusts off easily. If you put it on a part of your skin that has a blackhead there you didn't know about, prepare for it to get angry and sprout a cystic pimple (which you will then spend 3-4 days trying to treat with this stuff all over your face). I'm lucky because I work from home, and therefore can wander around with crap on my face with ease. If you are clogging your pores with makeup all day, cleansing your face, and then expecting this to work over night, you are going to be disappointed. So while it does work with regular use, it's a lengthy and time consuming process. I will update in another three weeks once all my triggered blackheads/cystic acne starts to heal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mask is a MIRACLE.
The Mint Julep masque was recommended to me by a friend when she heard me complaining about my most recent bout with hormonal acne (i.e. painful, cystic acne across my cheeks and chin, which were prone to leaving post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). I started using it once a week, and not only did it help clear up the acne that was there, it has since helped PREVENT any reoccurring breakouts.
It brings any cystic acne to a head MUCH faster, which means that they're a bit uglier for a bit but they do go away quickly. It also helps control oil production in the oilier areas of my face without being drying on the drier areas and reduces pore size significantly.
It smells great, it washes off easily, and you can actually feel the mask pulling impurities out of your skin as it dries.
I love it!

**Edited to add: Upon starting a new tub of this stuff, I realized that my old tub got a lot drier over time (gradually enough that I didn't notice). It was still workable, but it pilled on the skin really easily. My new tub is perfectly creamy and spreads really nicely. Be sure to cap this stuff really tightly to prevent moisture from escaping!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by stuipdfellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome product. I don't see how this don't get swipe off the shelves or being priced at some exorbitant price for such a great product!

I typically add it to my face after bathing and leave this overnight. It absorbs the oil from my face, allowing me to go shine-free the whole of next day. Since I have oily skin and stubborn clogged pores, I religiously do this for 3 consecutive nights each week and it gives me the most radiant complexion, as if all of the dirt and stuff in my pores are removed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by GallardoGlam

I have always been afraid of masks...for the most part when I use them I get more breakouts than when I don't! But for us super oily/acne prone girls...I know it can help our situation. I have heard so much about this mask...I decided to try it. I love the way it smells and feels! I feel like it has helped control my oily skin and it has helped unclog pores. However, I did get like...minor breakouts after the first couple times....but like i said they were visibly clogged pores that the mask helped bring the the surface. I'm going to keep using this 1-2 times a week and will update if anythign changes, but so far I'm liking it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great mask for the price. I have a lot of redness and I can tell it goes away after using this mask. Only bad thing is the packaging makes using this mask a little messy but I cant complain too much considering the low price! If you're on a budget, I would say try this mask over Mask of Magnaminty from Lush.