April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I didnt find this product to be anything special. This is a light weight non greasy body exfoliator. the smell is a faint minty one but it doesnt make my skin feel tingly. tthe beads in it arent too big nor too small. Its a nice scrub that doesnt leave you oily. But now there are so many similiar drugstore products, that this is nothing special. I personally prefer an oily scrub for more moisture or my st ives apricot for more scrubby beads. This i felt, didnt exfoilate enough but it is nice and light for someone with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a GWP size from a lovely swapper and I plan to buy the full-size soon. This is just what I've been looking for in a scrub, but no, it's probably not for everybody (I personally don't like oily sugar or salt scrubs). This a is a very thick cream/paste with tons of tiny grains, so you really feel like it's doing something. I use this pre-cleansing and it works better on skin that is not super wet. Yes, the smell is a sinus-clearing menthol-eucalyptus type of smell. Not "yummy" but I like it because it is invigorating and head-clearing and it leaves a cooling sensation that will be great in summer. This is the best for feet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It expoliated my skin nicely and had a fresh smell. I like the the clear packaging and it didn't clog any pores. I am most likely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Vivrant

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes your skin soooo soft!! i love it! it doesn't leave any film after rinsing and it is very gritty (which i like)i personally like the smell, it's supposed to be non-scented but it still has sort of like a mintyish smell to it (very minimal though)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2003 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Parisgirl

My favorite shower exfoliator due to texture (really heavy scrub!), frangrance of grapefruit, camphor, and herbs, and suds level, which is perfect. It really smooths skin, and is a perfect wake up ritual for a rough morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 7:10:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great exfoliator, nice sudsing action, pleasant scent, travels easily...love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2003 12:12:00 AM More reviews by christinekerry

Can I just say YUCK?! Who came up with this horrendous scent?? It seriously smells like Vicks VapoRub and rubbing alcohol. My lungs and eyes burned while using this. Horrible stuff! The scrub itself was ok. It was a thick gritty paste. Did a decent job, but nothing amazing. I can not get past the scent or the price tag. $17.50 for this stuff? Please!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by kimbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great fresh scent. perfect sized scrubbers. left my skin feeling really soft! lathered just a tiny bit. i have the yellow tube packaging - got it off ebay for like $3.99. i think it might be an older packaging style? bcause the ones on clinique.com now are clear. anyways, love it just the same! great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2003 1:55:00 AM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clinique products for a number of years now, and was really happy with their quality/effectiveness.
Sadly this was not the case with their Sparkle Skin body scrub. I bought this scrub along with a Clinique lip palette during a Christmas promotion last year. The lip palette was fantastic, the scub, regrettably, was dissapointing. 'Sparkle Skin' has a lovely minty fragrance, and the packaging was clean - and thankfully unbreakable so I could store it in my shower caddy.
I used this product for around three months and it didn't really seem to do much to help the condition of my skin. I didn't really notice any improvement or difference after using it over the three months. And the price - AUD$37.00 - was really that much too pricey to consider purchasing again, even if it had been a raging success.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2003 8:54:00 AM More reviews by candacej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty nice sloughing gel - I like the minty scent and it's gritty enough without being abrasive. My other fave is Aveda's Smoothing Body Polish.