April 20, 2014 | 1820 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It's very versatile and I use it for a wide variety of things. I use it every day to set my makeup, I use it to refresh my skin during the day, I take it travelling and spray to hydrate my skin on flights, I spray my eyeshadow brush with it when using loose eyeshadows or glitter and I spray my foundation brush or beauty blender before applying foundation if my skin is a little dry or irritated. I love the smell and the formula doesn't irritate my acne-prone sensitive skin. I find this product lasts a long time even though I use it twice a day every day. The packaging is really clean and hygenic. I will continue to re-purchase this product! The only negative thing is that it's a bit pricey in Australia but I travel to USA every year so I stock up which is lucky for my but for someone who has to buy it in Australia and uses it as much as I do it might start to add up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by tlc96

I bought the fix plus because of the high reviews. At the time of purchase, i had oily acne prone skin. I tried it and it did not work for me! It had a sticky feeling as a setting spray. I tried using it after I take a shower to prep my skin for a moisturizer, did not work! I wanted to throw it away. A couple weeks later I tried the Cerave PM moisturizer. Huge mistake. It made me break out. Clogged my pores and literally dried my face out, with red patches and flaky dryness! I tried the fix plus and it did wonders for my extremely dry skin that I'm slowly nursing. Overall I think it's good for dry/combination skin. It really moisturized the dry patches and prepped my skin for makeup and did wonders as a setting spray.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by wendytancl94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know who else does this but I actually use this as a toner after I cleanse my face. Makes my thick face creams and all go on so smoothly and adds to the hydration my moisturizer already gives. Been using it for 2 months. My skin improved sooo much after using it as a toner/refreshing mist just after 2 weeks, no more acne, dry spots and tiny bumps all over my face. It's crap as a setting spray though. Makes my incredibly oily skin super oily in just half an hour with my Revlon colorstay foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think Mac's Fix+ is a very confusing product, I was very confused on what it truley did until I bought it. I bought it thinking that this was similar to Urban Decay's All Nighter (which I did purchase later after realizing the Fix+ wasn't what I was looking for) and that this would make my makeup stay on longer, I soon realized it wasn't made for that and my only use for it now is to de-mattify my makeup after I powder. Of course Fix+ still has many uses but I don't use it for those reasons so I don't really know how well it works in those areas, but for a finishing spray it isn't the best.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by woaifobs

It's not bad but there are a lot of other products that are much more effective in creating a more natural, more airbrushed look. The spray nozzle also doesn't distribute the product evenly on your face. The spray is too concentrated.

This also does nothing for the staying power of your make-up. I'll use what I have but, to potential buyers, I would definitely urge you to look somewhere else for something more cost-effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jessie5135

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product.
I have acne-prone skin with some superficial scarring and so I use high-coverage makeup followed by a powder and have a tendency to look 'powdery'. I find this spray helps to create a more natural finish without compromising coverage.
I haven't found that it contributes to break-outs.

The bottle is convenient to use (handy for travel) and after a bit of practice you can get the hang of knowing how the mist will spray out.
In the world of cosmetics I think the price is reasonable value for the amount of product you receive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

My hope for this product was to give my makeup an airbrushed look and I think it delivers. It prolongs the wear of makeup and feels refreshing to put on. I usually spray it on after primer, then again after all my skin makeup including powder. I don't really like spraying this after I have eye makeup on, there isnt much of a reason for this, I just find that it feels weird for me. I've been using for about 2 years now and it's a holy grail for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure this really prolongs my makeup, but it does give my makeup a very natural finish. It flattens all the layers out, takes away the powdery look, and my skin looks like my skin again. I haven't found another product that works as well as Fix+ when it comes to taking away that heavy, powdery look.

Compared to Skindinavia finishing spray, this does nothing. But as a product that makes your makeup look natural again, this is really great.

One thing that really bothers me about this spray is the scent. It doesn't stink, I actually like the scent, but it's strong! It's like adding perfume or body spray, it's a green tea and cucumber-like scent. I imagine that the scent alone could keep some folks from liking the product.

Actually, one of the things I really like to use Fix+ for is making liquid eyeliner out of pigments or eyeshadows. Fix+ works great for lining and foiling with eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

I thought this product was to help makeup stay on all day?? Don't think it is! From the reviews iv read it just seems to be for making your makeup look less cakey if you wear powder. Was disappointed by this product. Wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this -- not as a setting spray -- but as a dewifier (if that's a word). I will usually spray Evian on my face to bring some dewiness back to my face, or even as a makeup refresher. I bought Mac Fix+ in the travel size to try this out. First, I LOVE the smell. I just spritz it on after applying my makeup. If I'm wearing powder, this will dew it up a bit and I feel fresh. As far as setting my makeup? I'm not sure of that, but this will definitely make your face feel fresh and a bit dewy.