The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/10/2006 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this brush because I use liquid foundation. This is my first foray into brushes for the face and so I didn't want to shell out the $38 CDN for the MAC brush for something I wasn't sure if I would even use. This brush was $20 CDN, by the way. I like the size and the handle of this brush. I think that it works well about 90% of the time but sometimes it gets a little streaky, which is why I rate it 4 out of 5. If I could give it 4.5 on 5, I would because it is a good quality brush (for example, I've had mine for a month and a half and the hairs never fall out, plus it is quite silky). It is perfect for foundation newbies such as myself. If I ever did need another brush, I'd probably shell out for the MAC brush (ie. if I ever started wearing makeup everyday) but for right now (I use it maybe 2-4 times per week), this is great.

on 11/9/2006 6:55:00 AM

For the price, this is definitely the best foundation brush in the market. It's fantastic. I don't know what I'd do without it.
I get really shocked when I find out that other girls don't even know what a foundation brush is! Usually they use a sponge or their fingers. All I can say is that once you move to a brush you never ever go back! :)
Leaves a flawless finish!
Highly recommended...especially if you invest heavily in a quality foundation!

on 11/9/2006 6:02:00 AM

This is the first foundation brush I've used and while I love it (it definitely works so much better than my fingers or a sponge!) I don't think it's as good as MAC's one! Unfortch, MAC's brush is a bit on the exy side ($79 AUD) so I had to settle for this one instead ($23 AUD). It's not terrible, it just isn't as broad as MAC's one, and is slightly floppier (I could tell the difference when the SA at MAC used her brush on me and when the SA at The Body Shop used their brush on me). I'll probably save up to get a MAC brush the next time around!!!

on 10/28/2006 2:47:00 PM

I love this brush to bits! The customer service assistant at The Body Shop used this on my face when she did a foundation match for me. I never realised that brushes weren't actually supposed to lose their hair all over your face when you did your make up in the morning! I was so glad to be rid of my extremely pricey brush that came up a very poor second compared to this one, flawless!

on 10/16/2006 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My first foundation brush and quite pleased with it. Gives you a flawless finish. Although I find that I still have to blend just a teeny bit more using my fingers, which I thought maybe I'm not using the brush properly but after reading the previous posts, maybe it's just the quality of the brush itself. Still, a great tool for beginners like me switching from fingers and sponges and an alternative to high-end brands.

on 7/19/2006 1:02:00 PM

I love The Body Shop's brushes but I really don't "get" this one. For a foundation brush I found it to be too soft and floppy, and also too thick/too many bristles. It soaks up product but leaves a streaky inconsistent application to the face. it is a synthetic brush; the best for applying foundation, but the style of the brush does not acheive it's goal. This brush could almost be a blush brush based on it's lack of firmness and it's plushness.

on 4/27/2006 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sorry Body Shop, this is a terrible brush. The head is large enough but the bristles are flimsy and sparse. I now know that stiff bristles and a tightly-packed brush head make for the best foundation brushes--for me anyway. The Body Shop brush flops around too much to do any good. Applying foundation becomes an endless chore and forget about blending. If you want good brushes without shelling out all the money, try Japonesque brushes instead. The Japonesque travel foundation brush, though very short, is excellent.

on 3/31/2006 8:38:00 AM

I bought this brush after having a MA apply foundation with one (Armani, in case anyone's interested). The Armani one was 28 and this was 9 but if I could go back I'd save up and get either the Armani one or the MAC one.

I've only used this a couple of times as it doesn't signficantly improve the look of my foundation at all.

I think overall the bristles are too firm and consequently left streaks!

Lesson: you get what you pay for!

on 12/5/2005 5:00:00 PM

This is my first foundation brush, and i wonder why i never got one sooner! it gives a flawless, professional finish like nothing fingers can achieve. When i bought it the sales lady told me not to apply the foundation directly to the brush, but swish it on a little plate, (or any hard surface) first. Then apply to the face using small, quick, forward and backward swipes. I find this method enhances the look. its a bit of a pain to have to clean brushes at the end of the day, but its so much more hygenic, i will never go back to using my fingers.

on 11/11/2005 11:04:00 AM

This was the first time i've ever used a foundation brush. Its a bit tricky to get the hang of but i think the trick is not to use too much product - a little goes a long way with this brush! I dont use it for every day, still find my fingers quicker but using the brush creates a more professional long lasting finish so would use this for nights out etc

Popular Makeup Brushes