August 20, 2014 | 1111 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 6:55:00 AM More reviews by enolf

For the price, this is definitely the best foundation brush in the market. It's fantastic. I don't know what I'd do without it.
I get really shocked when I find out that other girls don't even know what a foundation brush is! Usually they use a sponge or their fingers. All I can say is that once you move to a brush you never ever go back! :)
Leaves a flawless finish!
Highly recommended...especially if you invest heavily in a quality foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 6:02:00 AM More reviews by CarynNg

This is the first foundation brush I've used and while I love it (it definitely works so much better than my fingers or a sponge!) I don't think it's as good as MAC's one! Unfortch, MAC's brush is a bit on the exy side ($79 AUD) so I had to settle for this one instead ($23 AUD). It's not terrible, it just isn't as broad as MAC's one, and is slightly floppier (I could tell the difference when the SA at MAC used her brush on me and when the SA at The Body Shop used their brush on me). I'll probably save up to get a MAC brush the next time around!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Hitsumei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush to bits! The customer service assistant at The Body Shop used this on my face when she did a foundation match for me. I never realised that brushes weren't actually supposed to lose their hair all over your face when you did your make up in the morning! I was so glad to be rid of my extremely pricey brush that came up a very poor second compared to this one, flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first foundation brush and quite pleased with it. Gives you a flawless finish. Although I find that I still have to blend just a teeny bit more using my fingers, which I thought maybe I'm not using the brush properly but after reading the previous posts, maybe it's just the quality of the brush itself. Still, a great tool for beginners like me switching from fingers and sponges and an alternative to high-end brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by DillyDilly

I love The Body Shop's brushes but I really don't "get" this one. For a foundation brush I found it to be too soft and floppy, and also too thick/too many bristles. It soaks up product but leaves a streaky inconsistent application to the face. it is a synthetic brush; the best for applying foundation, but the style of the brush does not acheive it's goal. This brush could almost be a blush brush based on it's lack of firmness and it's plushness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Sorry Body Shop, this is a terrible brush. The head is large enough but the bristles are flimsy and sparse. I now know that stiff bristles and a tightly-packed brush head make for the best foundation brushes--for me anyway. The Body Shop brush flops around too much to do any good. Applying foundation becomes an endless chore and forget about blending. If you want good brushes without shelling out all the money, try Japonesque brushes instead. The Japonesque travel foundation brush, though very short, is excellent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2006 8:38:00 AM More reviews by pandoraboxes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush after having a MA apply foundation with one (Armani, in case anyone's interested). The Armani one was 28 and this was 9 but if I could go back I'd save up and get either the Armani one or the MAC one.

I've only used this a couple of times as it doesn't signficantly improve the look of my foundation at all.

I think overall the bristles are too firm and consequently left streaks!

Lesson: you get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by melsway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first foundation brush, and i wonder why i never got one sooner! it gives a flawless, professional finish like nothing fingers can achieve. When i bought it the sales lady told me not to apply the foundation directly to the brush, but swish it on a little plate, (or any hard surface) first. Then apply to the face using small, quick, forward and backward swipes. I find this method enhances the look. its a bit of a pain to have to clean brushes at the end of the day, but its so much more hygenic, i will never go back to using my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Iona_km

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first time i've ever used a foundation brush. Its a bit tricky to get the hang of but i think the trick is not to use too much product - a little goes a long way with this brush! I dont use it for every day, still find my fingers quicker but using the brush creates a more professional long lasting finish so would use this for nights out etc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 8:09:00 AM More reviews by buggeroff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

my first foundation brush. Not entirely cheap, but good value for money. It's softer than e cheaper ones you find at e drugstore (of dubious brands). Cleans quite easily too. Not sure if i'm repurchasing.. might wanna try a more exp, softer brush. Still, good 'intro' brush. =)