April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok eyebrow pencil. Good color and lasts long but I think this looks to harsh on my brows. I've tried many different ways in trying to use this but I prefer powder now over pencils, so up for swap this goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lmao205

bought this for the first time the other day and i'm in love!
had a mishap w/ one of my eyebrows (hairs just kind of fell out) and this is working wonders! def a new staple for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Honestly, one of my staples.
I have been using this for 10+ years. Since then, I've tried different eyebrow things like anastasia, and benefit, smashbox, wax, powder, brush, etc...
I ALWAYS come back to this.
Sure it's nice to change it sometimes, (right now I have 3 different brow waxes, powders, penciles going) but MAC spiked is something I'm never ever without.
It's pencil but it looks so natural (I have dark brown hair) and the formula goes on well, stays on all day, never looks harsh or shiny.
I think this should be in everyone's make up pouch.
Anyways, I think I'm on like the 30th pencil (I've been using this for more than 10 years daily) and I'll keep buying happily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so i always used eyeshadows to fill in my eyebrows, but wanted to try something different so i got Mac eyebrow pencil in spiked, and i have to say i am in love, Its the perfect color for my dark eyebrows, one negative thing about this pencil is that you can't twist it back down, but i have tried the maybeline define a brow and you can't twist those pencils down either. I will def be repurchasing this eyebrow pencil in spiked again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by mihnea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Maybelline Line Stylist in Espresso is an exact dupe and 1/3 the price. Same color, texture and packaging. It even wears longer. As an eyeliner it's awful but for the brows it's king. If you're on a budget this little pencil is the way to go :)

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by briii

i use this everyday. my eyebrows have always been light and all i really need is a little bit, but it looks great on. and this is the only eyebrow pencil i have found that lasts all day. so i dont think it is overrated at all. you can find a shade close to spiked, but nothing will last as long as this does and it doesnt smudge either. i love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

IMO: I think spiked is a bit overated! Don't get me wrong, it is a great dark brown/black with NO hint of red in it for brow pencil, but there are many dupes out there that are almost the exact same and way cheaper than this. After years of only using powder (more natural brows) brow fillers I wanted to try something different and decided to get this. I found that my brows almost look unatural to the point of them looking as if they've been painted on (which I hate!) and it comes off a little too dark for my liking. I've also noticed that you don't a lot of product out of this and it runs out quickly. With that being said, I only use this on occasion and not for everyday use. However, I did find a brow pencil that comes very close to spiked that isn't too over powering nor is it as black in color. It is.....Wet n Wild Kohl Brow - Eyeliner pencil in Dark Brown. I stumbled across this gem from my eldest daughter!!! It really is a nice natural looking dark brown (could possibly have a hint of reddish) without any black to it, which btw I prefer. Oh and it only costs $.99. So all in all, it looks like I may have found a fav. and -- it's not spiked!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Mandim508

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brow pencil... I tweezed and bleached my brows to basically nothing in high school, and now I have a tiny little line of hairs to work with. MAC's Spiked crayon looks great on my skin color. The shade of brown is dark but not harsh -- my hair is black/brown and this pencil doesn't make me look like i sit down with a sharpie and draw my brows on. The only issue I have with it (if any) is that there isn't any kind of sharpener included in the pencil. I know that it's a wind-up, and it's very thin as it is, but sometimes I really just need a superfine point to get into difficult areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Sockknitter

Overall, this is a great brow filler. It's a creamy medium, warm brown color with a super fine twist up tip. It's easy to use but it's also easy to put too much on. If you fill in too heavily, the color is much to dark (on me). The packaging is great because it will qualify for a B2M when it's empty and you don't need a sharpener. The only downside is that apparently it will not twist back DOWN so if you twist it up too high, you're in trouble. That shouldn't happen though because it clicks up and you know how much you're twisting out there. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by muddysheep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG brow pencil. My brows are sparse (from shaving as a young Goth - don't do it kids!) and also grow in a weird downwards way - hard to describe but what it means is that if a pencil is too soft, it smudges on the hairs and looks messy, but if too hard it means the line is too visible and looks harsh. This is neither. It's precise enough to make a very defined arch, but soft enough so you can smudge it as much as you need to without the whole thing fading. This is unique in my experience and I've had many complements on my brows since I discovered this product - something that has *never* happened before.

Spiked (described as 'bottle brunette') is a good deep brown, and was the perfect colour to match my chocolate-brown coloured hair (level 4). I'm hearbroken that it no longer works with my newly reddish-blonde hair, but will be trying other shades to see what works and will definitely re-purchase.