December 22, 2014 | 1497 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LilMizz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this, it's a staple in my daily make up routine and I could not go a day without it. Before this, I never cared much for my brows. I'm olive toned, C40 and I recently died my hair a burgundy-black shade. My brows are naturally full and I thread/tweeze regularly so they already have a decent shape without pencil (OR SO I THOUGHT). Anyway what this eyebrow crayon does for me isit just *perfects* them. It took me a while to get the hang of it because it's got quite a small point on the tip so you have to be kinda careful. Occasionally if Im rushing and not looking I make mistakes like draw a line OFF my eyebrow haha. I love the powder finish this gives, it can be forgiving unless you really scratch the pencil into your skin and make a deep groove. You might need a wipe then.... but generally you can remove it quite easily.

Anyway what I've learnt over the past 3 months (it has lasted me ages despite daily use) is that the best method IMO is to do a sort of light handed sketching motion. I just lightly sketch over the areas that need filling in, then I stand back and look at them, then adjust where necessary, sketching wherever I want more definition i.e. the arch. Don't press too much if you don't want scarily dark in-your-face brows. Once Im done, I just brush over my brows with an eyebrow comb to soften/blend it all a little. I dont really use any extra products (brow gels etc) but you can if you want. I really prefer this to the waxy formulas I found, e.g. Benefit, or the eyeshadow method which doesn't last as long on me. I'd say the eyeshadow method is good if you want a soft natural look. But for me, this eyebrow crayon is soo versatile you could make it look as natural as you want. It really depends on your application technique! Like I said, it will take getting used to.

On good days, which are a lot lately now that I have the hang of it, this can really change the way my face looks. It gives me that polished, done up look. I like to keep my make up very natural/soft, so when I do my eyebrows it sort of just plays up the natural aspects of makeup more, it makes me feel naturally pretty. When the MUA recommended this to me, I was a bit like "uhh okay whatever". So I started using it just because I happened to have it. 3 months later its like DAMN *panick* when I cant find this thin little pencil amongst all my other make up items. I literally wont feel comfortable leaving the house when I cant find it :-( its so small and well unremarkable looking that it gets lost with all my lipliners and eyeliners. But I put up with that.

This colour is perfect if you have very dark hair (not just medium brown, I mean, dark brown-black). Its probably the perfect shade for anyone who is brown/olive c40 and up for definite! It may work for those of slightly lighter complexion too. On me this is a deep chocolate brown colour with a warm tone.

Overall: Definitely worth a try, although unremarkable at a first glance, you may find you fall inlove with it too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Man o Man, this is the best thing that happend to me as far as makeup go. I arch my brows and been defining them with different brow stuff over the years, but never have I gotten as many compliments as I do with this pencil!!! I just got this pencil four days ago, and already compliments are flooding about my brows over and over. I was talkin to my brother, and in the middle of the conversation, he stopped and said "your brows look good, man they look tight" I told him it was Mac, he said "what?? Mac do that? well mac is tight then" I didnt even tell him about my makeup spree. He just noticed it. At first I said I would not spend that kind of money on brow stuff, but I changed my mind!! I will keep buying this to the end of time! By the way, its a pretty brown that last all day, I can even fall asleep with it on, and it will still be on intact as when I first put it on. The point is soooo tiny that you will get that precise defination point we all crave for on our brows, instead of tryin to squeeze the tip of the pencil point or rubbing our brows down to try and make that brow edge precise. All your troubles are over wit once you use this, you will fall in love as a matter fact. It comes with a sharpener but you really do not need to sharpen this and waste product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SweetDreamsBeautifulNight

When applied properly, it looks amazing. I learned to apply concealer around the frame of the eyebrow and once blended, it looks niiiiiiiiice. It's the perfect color, its not too dark and not too light. I have two.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Great brow pencil! I'd purchased the MAC brown pencils before, but I think I was matched with a color that was too light for me, so I never bothered to revisit them. However, now that I am growing weary of the brow powders not lasting the whole day, I decided to try this again. I was originally leaning towards Stud, based on the endcap and packaging colors of both, but after I awatched both, decided to go with Spiked. It is the perfect dark brown - no sign of redness or orangey-ness that is so prevalent in brown pencils. This pencil allows me to fill in my browns with little strokes while remaining opaque enough to give my definition. I have actually gotten compliments on my brows since using Spiked. Additionally, the color lasts all day, and it sets well with the Mink brow set (which is my HG, but has somehow never made it to MAC's permanent line.) Agree with others that this pencil will need to be replaced often, but it's so perfect that I will do it gladly. For reference, I have dark brown eyes and (dyed) dark brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this daily without fail. Matches my colouring perfectly. (NW25/30 with dark brown hair.) Easy to use and gives natural results. Only downside is IMO it doesn't last as long as a traditional eyebrow pencil so works out more expensive. Really like it though. Will repurchase.
UPDATE: just tried the same product in LINGERING shade. Spiked is a little bit too dark for me and lingering looks more natural on me. Still rocking this though, HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lgunt004

Love it! My brows never looked so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just had to buy this after I saw how great my brows looked after an MUA did them. It is the perfect brow color for my NW43 skin. I also use Wet N Wild kohl pencil in dark brown and Maybelline Define-A-Brow in dark brown because I run out of Spiked so quickly. But this is definitely the best brow liner that I have found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by bittersweetmoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After living for so long without a brow pencil and finding Spiked brow pencil by MAC I don't know what I was hesitating for! I would not live without this product now at all. It's application is easy and precise, it goes on creamy, and lasts all day. Recommend this 100%!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an ok eyebrow pencil. Good color and lasts long but I think this looks to harsh on my brows. I've tried many different ways in trying to use this but I prefer powder now over pencils, so up for swap this goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lmao205

bought this for the first time the other day and i'm in love!
had a mishap w/ one of my eyebrows (hairs just kind of fell out) and this is working wonders! def a new staple for me...