August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by eebalch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this better than Everyday Minerals and many others I have tried. Need to use moisturizer or it looks chalky. Otherwise, it's a nice sheer coverage. I use a concealer under it for undereye area and any blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this during a 50% off make up event at The Body Shop, based on the excellent re-buy score here.
Texture & Finish: I really like the texture. It's very smooth, light/medium coverage powder. It's sufficient to even out minor redness and discolouration, but you'd need a separate concealer to cover up anything more than that (eg. acne). Quite matte, which I like, but it has enough of a sheen so that you don't look completely powdered up. It feels light and nice on the face, and always very very natural. I use the included sponge and pat it on dry. It is a little drying for drier skins. I have to moisturize well first. Wears well throughout the day.
Colour: yellow toned asian, NC 20. [UPDATE: The shade numbers have been changed since my review. I now use shade 03.] I've been wearing it daily from morning until night and it does not oxidize on me :)
Repurchase? Yes, next time a sale rolls around... (update: I have repurchased :D)
SPF:The packaging does not advertise it, but this foundation contains octinoxate, a UVB sunscreen filter (a.k.a. ethylhexyl methoxycinnammate or octyl methoxycinnamate). If you wear sunscreen under your foundation, be aware that this ingredient is not compatible with avobenzone, a UVA filter, so that the UV protection could be compromised. But the extent to which the little amount of powder you apply can affect it, I don't know... continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Sour

When I first bought this foundation I thought it was a dream, being an all-in-one foundation thingy. I have to say, it does even out my skin tone and it makes my face look more uniform in general, but I find it to be a tad drying. Even when I moisturize before hand it is still way too drying for me. Im content with using this for now, but Im still definitely on the look out for the REAL all-in-one foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by serrahccentric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG face base aside from MAC! I consumed 4 pans of this! I have started buying this ever since a Makeup Consultant from TBS (my makeup artist too!) introduced me in this powder. I love the silky feel which is comparable to Chanel! If you feel you dont want to use makeup and feel that your skin looks tired and blah - - try using this! You can even try this alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by plasticwh0re

I wrote that I wouldn't buy this again because it does not stay on for long! Even with primer. :( The coverage is pretty good but it's a shame that it's gone by mid day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by penguin21

HG! I love how this has foundation and setting powder all in one so it makes applying makeup quicker. It evens out my skin tone providing medium coverage and has a soft matte finish. Just make sure you moisturize well beforehand otherwise it can look a bit flaky. I apply this with the sponge it comes with, I think it works perfectly. I'm currently using the 05 shade, which was perfect during the summer, but I'll be purchasing the 04 for the winter months when I'm more pale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by boogs77

THIS IS A HG POWDER FOUNDATION!!!! I love the fine texture finish this foundation gives.The coverage is buildable and beautiful! If you love powder foundations then TRY it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product seems to have alot of good reviews, but I was disappointed with it.
First of all, it shattered before I ever used it. Just carrying it home in the bag it broke somehow, and I was not rough with my purchases. So I would definitely not recommend carrying this around in your purse.
As for the actual product, it's average at best. I applyed it with The Body Shop mineral foundation brush. The coverage is medium and kind of chalky looking. I have semi-oily skin and I found this powder to be drying. I bought the lightest shade, but I found it to be too yellow. The next shade up was too dark for my very fair skin. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the best compact ever, i love it as a foundation and as a setting powder, it controles my oils, does not get me dry, does not brake me out and maches my skintone perfectly, i use no.4

i work in a kitchen and swett a lot, i blot my face and reapply my powder once, about 12:00 and thats it.

if i am not working my make up stays all day and without a primer, so i am satisfide. i will definatly buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by aggiemaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I have very oily skin I usually stick to liquid foundations, simply because I've never liked the finish of the powder foundations I've tried, but this is an exception.

The range of shades available is not brilliant, however, they do cater for light, yellow-toned skins, which is pretty much a miracle (I wore the lightest shade 02, for the winter and autumn and 04 for the summer, because 03 seemed too pink). However, anyone with very very pale pink-toned skin, or a really dark skin tone can have problems finding a good match (at least in the UK), as the shade range is rather limited.

The coverage is light to medium, but still more towards light, however it did cover redness around my nose well enough. It is buildable, but anyone hoping for a full coverage this will be a letdown.

It blends very well, it is quick and easy to apply, and this goes both for using a sponge or a brush, good for everyday school/work run. It feels very smooth and soft on the skin and does not look powdery, and did not accentuate the dry patches on my face due to acne treatment, so it might also be suitable for dry skins.

It does not oxidise, streak, but at the same time, don't expect it to survive extremely long days: on my skin it would stay on for about 7 hr (without primer, but with a touch up using transluscent powder). The staying power is better than many foundations I've tried but not spectacular.

The packaging is okay: a plastic, rather bulky compact with a 'flap' mirror with a compartment for a sponge. Nothing too exciting, but it's good enough; could be smaller.

Overall I would most likely recommend it to people with combination to oily skin, looking for a light coverage, everyday foundation. This did not break me out. One thing that bothered me about it was the smell of the product, however it dissappeared after application.