September 20, 2014 | 1749 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it two stars because I really like the concept and how lightweight it is. I enjoy efficiency. There's not a lot of waste. One drop has the ability to spread across the entire face area. I also like the wide range of colours. In the BareMinerals powder foundation, I wore Light. In the serum foundation, I can either wear the Cream or the Ivory. And those are the only good things I can say about it.

The bad: to get the right coverage, one has to layer the foundation, except it doesn't like to layer. After the first application, anything on top stops absorbing and mixing (even if I wait a few minutes in between). Instead, it starts to sit on the skin and feel greasy - not sure how it manages that since it contains no oils or silicones. Even just one layer dries very slowly. After about an hour, it starts to melt off the skin in patches. Not only that, it doesn't look very flattering on. The foundation loves to show off any dry patches on the skin, and it settled into lines and wrinkles I didn't know I even had. I've tried using it with different primers and BB's as base. I even exfoliated before application. It's slightly better with a moisturising BB, but still no good. At best, it looks all right - but only within the first hour - which makes it pretty pointless.

I really wanted to like this. I think the concept the ingredients are innovative. I liked the direction BareMinerals wanted to go with the skincare aspect. I just wish it didn't suck.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Finding a match was hard, #6 looks stright up yellow pigment
Its greasy but oil-free?
It dries down powdery and starts to disappear after 2 hours

My skin looks better without it on!

Its not worth the hassle, I've had better luck with drugstore brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this foundation/serum in shade 7. For comparison and reference I wear a 2.5 in Touch Eclat pen, BD20 in Touch Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals powder, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fiji in Nars, NC20 in Mac, and 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk.

Back to Bare Skin...not a fan. It really will cling to any dry patches on your skin, and it was horrible even though an hour ago I moisturized with Tarte Pure Marajuca Oil. It does make my skin look very healthy and bright, but not dewy, it's a had difference to explain but dewy can equal sweaty or oily if you aren't careful. This wasn't shiny, but also not matte. It's a great finish really but that's about it. It didn't cover even very light sun spots with 2 layers. I do use their special brush with the indented middle section and it's really soft and seems to blend well, but I don't like it any better than my Shiseido brush or my Beauty Blender.

Very gentle if you break out easily. That's the only other plus I can think of. It doesn't last very long at all and will highlight dry patches that you didn't know you had. It's also very thin and if you don't shake the bottle enough you just get a watery drop that absorbs right into your brush and vanishes. I hate the dropper style, but I'm really partial to pumps WITH covers over them, such as Armani Fluid Silk. I suppose I do like the dropper style better than open tops such as Estee Lauer DW (though a pump fits on that, not with the cap over it to prevent accidental pressing when travelling etc).

I've reviewed a lot of foundations, if you want to check my other reviews for comparisons.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I wanted to love this but unfortunately there was too many issues. It feels light on but it just takes to much to get any coverage. I feel that it makes my pores and flakes stand out even with primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mauraezg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very strange product, and it's unfortunate because I really did want to like this. It is a "liquid serum" foundation, which apparently means it is streaky and greasy all day, and lifts off your face with the slightest touch. HOURS after putting this on, it will come off under my fingernails or on my fingertips if i scratch my nose or touch my face! Disgusting!

Do not buy the brush. I put a few drops on the back of my hand and then apply the makeup using a foundation brush. Very streaky application. The lady at the Bare Escentuals store demonstrated the foundation on me when I bought it and told me that the more you buff, the more sheer the coverage. Um, I don't see how you can get anything other than sheer coverage with this because it takes a LOT of buffing to smooth it all out. The coverage is not enough for me when I have redness from a pimple or around my eyes due to eczema (but that's just me).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Skip the brush that you are suppose to buy with it, it takes forever to apply and goes on streaky. I found that it works best if I use it with the Urban Decay Karma brush or good old fashion fingers. It looks very natural but the amount of product I had to use to cover anything, I imagine I would be out in 2 weeks. Wear without primer was about 2 hours before my skin sucked it up and about 5 hours with a smashbox primer. It also made my face super dry and flaky on my cheeks. Also, ladies with bigger pores, definitely skip this because it will ball up in your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by mely10

I was dying to try this foundation, I bought the brush that they recommend you use (waste of money) I absolutely hate this foundation which makes me sad because I soooo desperately wanted to love it:( I tried different ways of applying it , I tried different primers and the end result was always horrible! I have combination skin really dry on my cheeks and really oily on my T-zone. Well with this foundation my cheeks look super flaky and my blemishes stand out even more and on my t-zone after an hour it looks super oily , it's horrible !! I had a difficult time getting full coverage , I feel like 5 drops do nothing for me , I'm so glad this foundation worked for so many other people unfortunately for me it was a disaster .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Gissprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hello everyone, my name is Gisselle and I only truly right reviews on things WORTH IT, & this my honeys is truly worth every cent.
**before we continue a back round on my skin: •I have dry/ normal skin (patches once in a while)
•discoloration on face (some redness)
•one or two minor breakouts (once in a while)

So if you have a similar skin type keep reading!!!...

I'm going to try to organize this review as best possible breaking it up into 1) coverage 2) lasting power 3) price 4) color shades 5) affecting skin 6) overall/ my experience

•1) HOLY COVERAGE! When I saw the consistency I was like no way this is going to cover anything on my face this thing is going to slide right off! We'll it proved me wrong. I personally use 2-3 drops on my whole face and neck! What? I know crazy but trust me girl that's all you need.
•it glides on smoothly; blends in so beautifully and it's different than anything I have ever used.
•I love the light weight feel it has to it (smooth and silky) IT LOOKS LIKE PERFECT BABY DOLL SKIN

•2) lasting power is SPECTACULAR! I have used it for about everyday this past week; I apply it In the morning at 5 and i get home around 3 and it's still on (no lie)

•3) price is a great happy medium for a higher end product, you don't use a lot of product so it's going to last a while! Worth a of 29$? Best believe it honeys! Stop spending and invest in this.

•4) they have a wide selection from light to dark and had many undertones. Talk about mega plus!!

•5) So far this foundation has not clogged any of my pores or made me break out which is great, because I have sensitive skin and usually break out on my chin and forehead. Good job bare minerals !

6) To conclude I have to say I have tried so many freaking foundations from drug store to high end and I have to give this one a lot of props. It is so hard to find a foundation for dry skin especially and this will deff, give a nice glow and satin finish. It honestly feels like skin and it's perfect (hydrating) I love a good hydrating formula. OF COARSE YOU STILL have to moisturize we'll (and prime, I rarley do) BUT OVERALL It has great coverage, lasting power, perfect shade match. I mean what else can you ask for? This is a great price and bare minerals is a very great company. I wish I would have payed attention to them more but I'm just not one of those powder girls. Feel me ?

I WOULD GO TO sephora or ulta TODAY OR SOON get color matched get a sample, test it and I promise you'll love it !!

Will i say I have found my holy grail? Yes yes yes so far!

Xoxox

I hope this review helped someone out there
Follow me on Instagram @gissprincess
for questions and more makeup reviews and advice

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation! I was worried it said brightening i thought i was gonna make my face look blotchy but it has really helped with the red marks around my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this product. Easy to blend, free of harsh chemicals, good coverage & actually good for your skin!