September 30, 2014 | 1619 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An SA had me try this on today. When I picked up my cell phone to take a call the foundation ended up on my screen. No thank you.

If you are looking for a foundation --- try Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush --- it won't make friends with your cell phone but it WILL stay on all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sandyteeful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the shade 05 and i think the coverage is amazing! Let me just say that i've been a huge fan of bare minerals forever, so i was excited about this product!

My first impression was that it was reallly waterly and thin! It really does feel natural and like nothing is on your skin! I have to apply at least 4 drops for a nice coverage. The best thing for me was the way my makeup applies to the foundation, it really made my makeup easily blendable and looked so nice with the foundation! Although i did like the coverage, id have to say i wont be repurchasing it again because I dont think this is a "Must Have" item. Even though it is nice, compared to all my other foundations; many of my foundations shine more compare to this foundation. However, I would recommend it because it is a good product for a light foundation, its just not the best foundation out there.

I have really dry skin, so normally; foundations do not make my skin feel oily or anything. I'd have to say that the only thing that i did not like about this foundation, was that it took a longer time to dry than other foundations. This is probably the only foundation that i MUST use a powder for because takes foreverrrrr to dry and using powder really sets it in. Once it sets in though, its really nice.

Make sure you shake well! Since theres no binders in the ingredients, shaking it is essential! Overally, i love the naturally looking coverage, how light it feels on, and the brightness it brings. Id give this product 4 stars!

Check out my FULL REVIEW here:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by xojmfxo

Love this :)

It's a pretty cool and innovative approach to a liquid foundation- especially coming from Bare Minerals. I used to use their Matte in Golden Medium mineral foundation until I started getting really tan. In Bareskin liquid I use Bare Honey 15 now because I'm a lot tanner.

I honestly think this foundation gets lighter when it's blended in and throughout the day. It's half a shade too dark when I first apply, set with powder and an hour later it's my exact match.

But I do love this stuff because it's so easy to blend, and one drop- goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

this foundation is so nice! I don't know what the problem is…the only thing I can say is that 1. I use a hydrating primer first and 2. I ditched the applicator brush to apply with a damp beauty blender sponge. It looks beautiful and covers without feeling heavy or cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it two stars because I really like the concept and how lightweight it is. I enjoy efficiency. There's not a lot of waste. One drop has the ability to spread across the entire face area. I also like the wide range of colours. In the BareMinerals powder foundation, I wore Light. In the serum foundation, I can either wear the Cream or the Ivory. And those are the only good things I can say about it.

The bad: to get the right coverage, one has to layer the foundation, except it doesn't like to layer. After the first application, anything on top stops absorbing and mixing (even if I wait a few minutes in between). Instead, it starts to sit on the skin and feel greasy - not sure how it manages that since it contains no oils or silicones. Even just one layer dries very slowly. After about an hour, it starts to melt off the skin in patches. Not only that, it doesn't look very flattering on. The foundation loves to show off any dry patches on the skin, and it settled into lines and wrinkles I didn't know I even had. I've tried using it with different primers and BB's as base. I even exfoliated before application. It's slightly better with a moisturising BB, but still no good. At best, it looks all right - but only within the first hour - which makes it pretty pointless.

I really wanted to like this. I think the concept the ingredients are innovative. I liked the direction BareMinerals wanted to go with the skincare aspect. I just wish it didn't suck.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Finding a match was hard, #6 looks stright up yellow pigment
Its greasy but oil-free?
It dries down powdery and starts to disappear after 2 hours

My skin looks better without it on!

Its not worth the hassle, I've had better luck with drugstore brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this foundation/serum in shade 7. For comparison and reference I wear a 2.5 in Touch Eclat pen, BD20 in Touch Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals powder, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fiji in Nars, NC20 in Mac, and 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk.

Back to Bare Skin...not a fan. It really will cling to any dry patches on your skin, and it was horrible even though an hour ago I moisturized with Tarte Pure Marajuca Oil. It does make my skin look very healthy and bright, but not dewy, it's a had difference to explain but dewy can equal sweaty or oily if you aren't careful. This wasn't shiny, but also not matte. It's a great finish really but that's about it. It didn't cover even very light sun spots with 2 layers. I do use their special brush with the indented middle section and it's really soft and seems to blend well, but I don't like it any better than my Shiseido brush or my Beauty Blender.

Very gentle if you break out easily. That's the only other plus I can think of. It doesn't last very long at all and will highlight dry patches that you didn't know you had. It's also very thin and if you don't shake the bottle enough you just get a watery drop that absorbs right into your brush and vanishes. I hate the dropper style, but I'm really partial to pumps WITH covers over them, such as Armani Fluid Silk. I suppose I do like the dropper style better than open tops such as Estee Lauer DW (though a pump fits on that, not with the cap over it to prevent accidental pressing when travelling etc).

I've reviewed a lot of foundations, if you want to check my other reviews for comparisons.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I wanted to love this but unfortunately there was too many issues. It feels light on but it just takes to much to get any coverage. I feel that it makes my pores and flakes stand out even with primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mauraezg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very strange product, and it's unfortunate because I really did want to like this. It is a "liquid serum" foundation, which apparently means it is streaky and greasy all day, and lifts off your face with the slightest touch. HOURS after putting this on, it will come off under my fingernails or on my fingertips if i scratch my nose or touch my face! Disgusting!

Do not buy the brush. I put a few drops on the back of my hand and then apply the makeup using a foundation brush. Very streaky application. The lady at the Bare Escentuals store demonstrated the foundation on me when I bought it and told me that the more you buff, the more sheer the coverage. Um, I don't see how you can get anything other than sheer coverage with this because it takes a LOT of buffing to smooth it all out. The coverage is not enough for me when I have redness from a pimple or around my eyes due to eczema (but that's just me).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Skip the brush that you are suppose to buy with it, it takes forever to apply and goes on streaky. I found that it works best if I use it with the Urban Decay Karma brush or good old fashion fingers. It looks very natural but the amount of product I had to use to cover anything, I imagine I would be out in 2 weeks. Wear without primer was about 2 hours before my skin sucked it up and about 5 hours with a smashbox primer. It also made my face super dry and flaky on my cheeks. Also, ladies with bigger pores, definitely skip this because it will ball up in your pores.