April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by bliss70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every year or so, I break down and buy this, thinking that this will be the time that it works for me. So far, it has not. Like others have said, it does seem to get better after a week or so but right out of the tube it is wet and gloppy. The formula is too heavy for my long but thin lashes, which ends up weighing down the curl. I just can't seem to get it to work the way it does for other women here on MUA and on all the blogs. *Sigh*. I said I would not buy this product again but who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll be in a Walgreens a year from now and decide to try it ONE more time. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I'm on my second tube of this and I love it. It definitely gives volume and lasts all day until you get home to wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My holy grail go-to mascara. Great for daytime & night. Just add more coats for a night out. I've tried many mascaras trying to top this one but I just can't seem to find one. It's not quite perfect but it's the nearest to perfection I've found. No clumping, separates, lengthens, & volumizes all in one great little tube. My mom turned me onto this & I have been using it for about 15 years. Yes, it has been around that long, and there's a reason why - it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by pastelliazzurro

I adore this mascara. I have had no problems with flaking and the volume added to my lashes is amazing. The lengthening properties aren't half bad either. I like the packaging (I love simple and sleek packaging).

This mascara is great for a sexy look. If you're going to use it everyday, I would recommend using only one or two coats. This mascara adds drama quickly and adding too much will make you look like you're going out clubbing :) Voluminous Waterproof goes with smoky eyes like peanut butter goes with jelly.

It is moderately priced, I got mine for $8 from CVS and it is widely available. I will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by ChinaTouche

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BAD REVIEWS!
I have hideously skimpy,thin awful eyelashes- I'm 58 years old and have been searching my WHOLE LIFE for a mascara that would make my lashes look like they existed (ha-Ha)In my quest I've tried EVERY BRAND with varied results. I wanted a DAYTIME, NATURAL LOOKING mascara that didn't look like I had "fakes" on or spider-eyes. I decided to experiment with a new tube of "Lancome Defincils" and the Loreal Voluminous, I put one on each eye and asked my husband (Air Force Officer,no idea about "chick things") which eyelashes look longer, more natural fuller etc...Well.. he said (pointing to the Loreal eye "Those lashes look longer and fluffier, I can actually see the individual little hairs(!!!) The other eye (Lancome) well, the lashes look skimpy, thin and stuck together,honey sorry" I didn't need him to tell me which was better. NOW IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THAT "WEARING FAKES /FOR NIGHT-TIME WEAR MASCARA THIS AIN'T IT ,LADIES BUT.... if you want a natural looking long ,feathery,just plain pretty eyelashes THIS IS THE ONE!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by lupara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sorry, Lancome & Clinique. L'Oreal wins this one in my 20-year-long trials. I've tried umpteen brands from drugstores to Bergdorf Goodman's insanely-priced NYC counter, and Voluminous Waterproof mascara is still my favorite. When a new mascara comes out, I sometimes try it, but so far none have given better quality or staying power than Voluminous.
I usually curl my lashes gently before applying mascara, and this one holds the curl all day long. I usually only apply one coat, since I like a natural look and the one coat makes my lashes very thick...which I need, since I'm fair and my eyes disappear without it. Used every day with an occasional glorious no-makeup weekend, a tube usually lasts me two months or so.
I'm constantly on the move with my job, home life & exercise, and even when I glisten (per Grandma, "Pigs sweat; ladies glisten") the mascara stays in place. I remove it easily with baby oil on a cotton ball (horrors! you say it's still the best thing I've found to remove makeup, and my skin and eyes are in excellent condition).
Icing on the cake? Often drugstores will have sales on L'Oreal makeup, so you can get a tube for about $5. That suits my Jewish/Scottish sensibilities just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by pc1546

This is the only mascara that I toss out after the second use. The first time I applied it, I noticed it smeared quite a bit during the day. I had to remove the smudges under my eyes several times. Second time was on a particularly warm day. I was out running errands and didn't check the mirror. Came home and was shocked to find so much dark smudges under my eyes. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by FabulousFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the way this mascara separates and elongates my lashes, however after about an our or so the tips of my lashes leave black smudges under my eyebrows. I guess I'm lucky that I have long lashes, but I should at least be able to go a couple hours without my mascara smudging all over my face. I've even tried using primers and powders on my eyelids to prevent this, but it always manages to sneak its way onto my skin. On the other hand, I do like that it is very waterproof and does not come off with water alone. Hopefully this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This mascara quickly climbed itself to one of my top favorite mascaras and I was definitely impressed with it. It gave me GREAT volume and length. As for curl, it was good but could've been better and doesn't stay curled all day. Also, this mascara does tend to clump so you might have to be careful about that ... but other than those 2 small factors ... this mascara is great! Especially for it's price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great volumizing mascara. The brush is also easy to use.