October 20, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel products always intrests me, i love the packaging its cute. I love their lipstick, so why not try other products from them? I was so excited to get it, as soon as i got outside i squirted some on my hand to see the color outside and sorta smooth it on my hand to see how it would be. When i did that, my excitement bursted. I wasn't happy, it looked a bit grey and just didn't feel all that good. But i figured since it was on my hand it would be different. The next morning i got up and thought i'd try it out, it covered the redness i have around my nose and on my nose pretty well but no matter how little i used of it, it still caked up. it was a bit grey like and made me look pale and frosty. So dissapointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOPE. Nope nope nope. This was a horrible foundation. I used a different mousse foundation for years, so i know how it applies and how the coverage typically is, but this mousse foundation is just terrible. I have never used a foundation that is this streaky before. I must have spent 10 minutes just trying to smooth it out and it still looked awful. But the "best" part of this foundation you ask? How greasy it makes you look when its supposed to make you look matte. After that 10 minutes and finally realizing it wasn't going to get any better, i actually looked in the mirror and it looked like i had just gone for a 2 hour jog. I immediately took it all off, threw it in the garbage and went back to my MAC studio fix which i should just never stray from again. The price is great, you can't beat it, and the packaging is cute, but the product is absolute crap. Will never purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This foundation is a definite fail for me. So disappointed in it. First, as many have pointed out, the shade selection is very poor. I bought the lightest shade, becuase the others looked too orangey. It still ends up looking orange on my skin within a few hours. It gave me slight oil control, but not much. It feels greasy on my skin. And worst of all, it sits in every pore I have. I looked in the mirror in my car today, and I as horrified. My face has little white dots all over, where it is sitting in my pores. I was embarrased. I went home on my lunch so I could wash my face and apply something else.

I have tried several different application methods (fingers, sponge, a few different brushes) but all have left me looking a little too fake and caked.

It is in the trash now. If it works for you, I am glad, but I really hate it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by whimsicalcreature

I literally have no idea what to make of this.
It really does stay matte even on my oily skin, but its super cake-y.
I'm using Real techniques foundation blush, or sometimes my fingers.
I'm wondering if I'm applying too much or if I should be applying it with a sponge or something?

I can't even tell if it's breaking me out, or if it's my ADHD medication (which has made my acne worse, but not as bad as I've seen some peoples...)
Which on a side note makes me feel like a bitch for having somewhat bad skin (IMO) and freaking out about it all the time, but other people have it way worse so I should just not worry so much I guess.

This review kind of sucks, I guess I'm mostly looking for other peoples opinions.

I'll edit this once I use it more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check mine out on youtube, I think videos convey easier.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by saramitch86

I would buy again, just as somethig to wear as a substitute. I normally use Sphora's foundation, but I got some of this from my sister. I tried it, and it is a little ";cakey". I wasn't too impressed, but when I run out of the expensive stuff, it does okay. I keep some on hand in case I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. It's what I've been reaching for since I've added it to my stash. I love that it's matte and stays matte throughout the day and holds up in the heat. I don't get melt down face. It is a drier formula so I always moisturize with Cerave before use. It's buildable so you can get full coverage from this... and it's lightweight. It works wonderful on my skin. I have a touch of rosacea on my nose and deal with the oils breaking down my foundations and concealers throughout the day. With this foundation as a base I can use most any concealer on my trouble area and not have break down till late afternoon or early evening depending on the weather. It is easily touched up with a dab of concealer and a tap of Coty Airspun powder.

I plan on using this to make it through the hot and sweaty days of summer. Super affordable and works well for my skin type. I don't think it would work well for dry skin however.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Carliithaa

I've heard soooo many good things about this foundation that I decided to give it a try. I liked the package, very practical. Can't beat the price, of course. The color range is very bad. All of the shades have a pink undertone. When I first put it on it looks flawless (even though it doesn't match my natural color) Texas heat is horrible and having a job where i'm always running around I need something that will hold through the whole day. i only get 2hrs of wear. After that, I get VERY oily!! By the end of the day I end up being a grease ball!! It feels so disgusting on my face that as soon as I get home I wash my face. Defently not a fav for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marbels1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Initially I really did enjoy this foundation, but as I later came to learn I was blinded by the price and the promises of a matte finish. As someone with extremely oily skin and large pores I am always in the lookout for a matte foundation that doesn't sound like it will clog up my pores or break out my skin. While this did offer a matte finish at first and it didn't break me out, there will still some very large downsides. This sinks into my pores almost immediately, making them look even bigger. Also, it oxidizes and turns a light shade of orange on my skin. And no matter what it looks cakey within two hours as the oil form my skin begins to become noticeable. As I sit here wearing it, I'm also beginning to realize it feels very heavy on my skin and almost itchy a bit, but if I dare try to touch my face it'll transfer it'll transfer like crazy. Mind you, I always set with a light bit of powder and a mattifying spray which usually keeps everything from transferring and sliding around but this ridiculous. Overall, it was good at first but then the flaws began to outweigh everything I used to love.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by saml8080

I do not like this product at all. I bought this product after being a long fan of the maybelline dream fresh bb cream. A bunch of beauty gurus said it was good so I decided to try it only to find out that it is cakey. I tried this product thinking it would prevent your face from being shiny. This product is very thick and it takes a lot of blending/rubbing into your face before you don't see the specks of powder in the foundation. I wouldn't buy it again.