December 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product but I can see why some may not.

Firstly this product is not designed for dry skin so if you do have dry skin you should make sure to exfoliate regularly to prevent flaking skin as well as moisturize prior to application.

Typically I use a beauty blender to apply foundation however due to the thick mousse like texture of this foundation I elected to use my hands. The warmth from your hands helps the product blend into the skin and I find application with hand ensures an even fuller coverage. You could probably also use a flat top brush to apply the foundation but it would take a lot of time and blending.

This product is thick and heavy. As a result you get a beautiful and absolutely flawless finish but it is normally noticeable you are wearing makeup. I find I don't have to use a lot of concealer when I use this foundation. Also due to the thickness you can feel the product on your face although not heavily. In addition I believe the thickness can cause some shininess throughout the day which can easily be combated with a bit of powder of blotting.

This is a long wear foundation. I keep my makeup on some days for 16 hours and it is still fully on by the time I have to wash my face. It wears really nicely aside from the bit of shininess I previously mentioned. This is a matte product and it goes on matte. It stays matte pretty well for the most part aside from the shiny bits that pop up in the t zone.

If you have fair skin and have difficulty finding a color light enough to match I find the lightest shade matches my face extremely well.

This is an inexpensive product which is one of the best things about it. I purchased it for around $5 which I think is an amazing deal. I will say that I found I went through it rather quickly though. I don't feel bad about it since it's so cheap to repurchase but I though it was worth mentioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's full coverage. Keeps you matte and and only $4.99! It last all day and stays in place. A little amount goes a long way since it's thick, I use my fingers to blend and set it with stay matte pressed powder (also my hg) the only thing though is the color selection, the darkest color is sand, which is not very dark, I'm using true beige which is the color above sand, I have medium skin tone with warm to neutral tone, and this foundation is a little bit on the pink side, true beige is not too much but I've seen the other ones are more pink undertone. I went to Florida and got tan so I can't use this foundation right now, I will have to wait till fall since I'm lighter during fall and winter, and also I make sure my face is moisturizers when I put this on since it can be drying, I have normal skin but I've never looked dry when I use this, my skin looks flawless, I highly recommend this product. I love it so much I already bought a back up! I hope they don't discontinue :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by londonn21

When I had first heard about this, I was skeptical because it's a thicker formula. I didn't want something that would clog my pores and make me breakout. Turns out, this is probably my favorite of the Rimmel foundations. I find it's best applied with fingers and a little pea size goes a LONG way. It gives great coverage and it keeps me matte. I put on the stay matte powder (which is the only powder I use or always go back to) and I'm set. Even though I'm almost always warm/sweating, this does a great job go keep me matte. And it's very affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible variation for skin color. I picked the darkest color and it was still way too light for me. Hated this product it was a waste of money. Ended up throwing it away. Would not purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have given up all other foundations, from department store to drug store, for this stuff! I absolutely love it! My face has stopped breaking out (not sure if that's hormones or the makeup) It stays put all day and no cakeyness here! I do have to dab a small bit of moisturizer under my eyes after I put my foundation on and that keeps it from settling into places I would rather keep hidden from the world ;-) I have had sweat running down my face, been tossed in a pool and fell asleep in it ... It doesn't bugde! My skin is combo and I've had a few dry patches that it WILL accentuate, so watch for that. Otherwise, I'd rather trade my hubby, my dogs and my kids before giving up my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation! OK, not really, but you get the idea! HG status here! Plus, its on sale on the Ulta website right now, so I bought several (I mix the two lighter colors to get my color) I believe its buy one, get one half off or some such thing. Anyway, it was cheap. So yeah, I highly recommend!
K, last thing...I put a small line of each color on my CLEAN fingertip...mix them together with my other CLEAN fingertip....dot it all over and smear it like it's sunscreen. That seems to be the best way to keep it even and streak free. It is very opaque on me but doesn't look like I've slapped 10lbs of junk on my face. LOVE!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been in denial about my true feelings for this foundation for months now. MONTHS.

I have post inflammatory marks on my face (mostly pink and red), along with active acne, so I figured I have enough to hide to warrant using a full coverage foundation. I also have skin that leans more towards the dry side, and some pores that like to make their presence known, but I figured that it wouldn't be a big deal when using this foundation.

I guess I was wrong. I have never successfully applied this foundation where it DIDN'T look like a hot, cakey mess on my face. I've tried heavy moisturizers and light moisturizers under it, I tried primers galore. And NOTHING helped. I have come to accept the fact that this foundation and I are just not meant to be, no matter how much I want it to work.

So why was I in denial for so long, trying to make it work? because it is the only...and I mean ONLY...drugstore foundation that has decently matched my NW10 skintone (I bought it in 010). So disappointed that I can't use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethWilson

I really liked how this product looked on my skin. But I have 2 main problems which have driven me away from buying the product. 1) Its very thick and it rubs off on everything! Clothing, tissues, blankets, you name it. 2) WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN!!! I read reviews saying to not buy it if you have dry skin but, guess what? I did it anyways. Bad idea, if you have the smallest patch of dry skin it will enhance it. And coming from somebody who ALWAYS has dry skin, dont buy it if you do. It makes your skin look pretty disgusting. And it makes me break out afterward.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by rheamango

I'm being generous and giving this three stars because I used it for college interviews. It was a pretty big let-down for me as it was extremely thick and came off cake-y. I felt like it covered everything on my face, but it sunk into my lines and just came off as looking like I was wearing "too much" make-up.
Honestly every time I put it one it was just too much, too heavy, too thick. It wasn't light coverage or medium. I'd say it was almost full coverage for me, but just felt like it was too much. I had so much trouble applying it and I just want to love it because I have a full tube of it that I don't know what to do it.
I guess I'll keep trying it and trying to figure out a better application method,but until then I'll avoid using it in public.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit of a let down. The foundation matched my skin tone perfectly and looked flawless and matte after application, but throughout the day it start to sink into creases and transferred on to anything my skin came in contact with. By the end of the day my skin looked very blotchy,uneven and far from matte. As I said.. it was a let down, but hopefully others will have a better experience!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by erinxz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation does what it says, it definitely makes your skin matte most of the day. I have oily skin, so the texture and finish is perfect for me, but I'm not sure if people with dry/combo skin will like it. I picked up a shade too light and cool-toned for my skin tone, so I'd probably like this foundation more if it was in the right shade. Pros: Light-medium coverage. Creamy and easy to blend. Lasts fairly well. Cons: Can start to get cakey if too much is applied. The shade I have (Light Ivory) is extremely pink based. Smells kind of funky...