Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 PM

I have found a foundation that gives me the medium weight I want, FULL coverage, PERFECT colors for my skin and a price tag that can't be beat! I have combination skin and it has taken me forever to find ONE that didn't cause my skin to react if I wore it too many days in a row. I was constantly changing products. All of which I didn't love. Then I found this. At $5.49 for a 1oz tube I said "what the heck". I am SO glad I did. My skin feels and looks amazing. My fiancee' actually said to me that my skin looked amazing lately. I have bought a ton of these in the color that is what I call my "winter skin color" which I have most of the year. As my luck has gone, every company usually stops selling something by the time I get around to discovering that I love it.

on 10/1/2014 8:18:00 PM

I got a sample packet to try. I tried about twice and got the same effect. My skin is oily/comb and found after I applied it - it came off like a slippery snake. Yuck! I even put mattifying powder on top to set it. I'm not happy with the product. Not my cup of tea.

on 9/29/2014 11:33:00 PM

So I'm on the fence with this one. I like the way it looks right after I apply it. But I still get just as oily as I would have if I wasn't using a foundation that is supposed to help mattify. And I get really oily. That makeup slides off your face, wish I could use this oil in my gas tank oily. So I'm not impressed with the wear of this. I will go back to my Covergirl 3-in-1 or Revlon Colorstay. Don't even know if I really want to finish this. Sad, really.

*Update: So I decided to stop using this. I put it on this morning and 2 hours later, oil was starting to peek through. Eh. So I will probably use it mixed in with moisturizer on days when I'm just running errands but that's it. Went back to my Covergirl 3-in-1.

on 9/27/2014 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago mainly because I absolutely love the Stay Matte pressed powder. The foundation was very thick, but it offered amazing coverage. My skin had been breaking out and picture day at school was soon. I loved how my face looked with it. The only downside is it comes off very easily, for example if you hug someone some might come off on their shirt, very awkward. Other than that it was a good foundation for the price it was.

I really love the Stay Matte powder and Stay Matte concealer so when this was released I went and bought it straight away. I was a lot younger then and had oily teenage skin that really agreed with the foundation. The other day I bought this back out again after using the Wake Me Up foundation, also from Rimmel, for a long time. I tried it for a day at work and all I got was a cakey, powdery look. It caked up in areas like around my eyebrows and the bridge of my nose and was just not a good look. I think I'll leave the mousse foundations for the more oily skinned people now and stick to the liquid formulas.

I used to really, really love this foundation but now it's a bit much. I do like the fact that it's a mousse foundation in a tube and not a pot though.

on 9/25/2014 1:15:00 PM

This foundation is HORRIBLE. I have combination skin, and was looking for something that would "stay matte", and I haven't found a good drugstore foundation (other than Sonia Kashuk TM) so I figured I would just throw it out if it didn't work out. It actually made something on my cheek look like a pimple that wasn't. That was a first for me. It dragged over my skin, covering nothing but highlighting dry patches and pores along the way. It was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to wear it all day. I wasn't planning to go out, but I felt so self-conscious wearing it, I had to take it off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am also surprised at the bad reviews for this foundation. It's a great, full-coverage, cheap drugstore foundation that covers beautifully, doesn't clog my pores, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, and blends well. It's like a less-messy, lighter version of Revlon ColorStay Whipped (and cheaper too). It does cake up a bit around my nose but a lot of foundations do this. I find this long-wearing and that it does keep me matte all day (I just lightly powder my T-zone because I typically do get shiny). It doesn't sink into my pores or accentuate dry spots either.

Edit: I will no longer support this company as they test their products on animals. My feelings on the product itself haven't changed so if you aren't interested in cruelty free products please read on.

I'm almost out of a tube of this so I figured its time for me to review it. I love the coverage and consistency of this foundation. You only need a tiny amount to cover your whole face and it doesn't look or feel heavy. I apply this with my real techniques beauty blender dupe and the result is flawless. It covers my acne scars and any breakouts I am having without needing concealer. I set this with the ELF HD powder and it stays on me all day. It does give you a matte look without being drying. My only con with this is the color selection. I am using the shade 103 and it is a bit too light for my NC-20 skin. The next shade up appeared to be too pink for my skin. I just use a bit more bronzer when I wear this so it doesn't wash me out. Overall an excellent foundation if you have normal/oily skin and you want medium coverage. I love the squeeze tube packaging also. I believe I paid about $5 or $6 for this so the price is great also.

on 9/20/2014 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Honestly, I'm amazed at the bad reviews for this. I'm not sure though by the review pictures if there have been different formulations. The one I have is in a matte white plastic tube with a purple cap in shade Light Porcelain 010. I like the packaging in the squeeze tube, plus it's lightweight and easy & durable to travel with.

The color matches my warm, pale complexion without a problem. My skin is combo in the colder months, oily in the summer. This gives me medium coverage & lightweight feel with a matte finish that lasts very well on me, much better than most, especially for the great price - $4.50 USD on sale. I use face powder over my foundation always, and this one is no exception. Throughout the course of the day I do have to touch up with blotting and a dusting of powder at least once or twice (depending upon the heat/temperature of the day, which corresponds with my oiliness), but I've certain never found any foundation that I don't - and I've tried LOTS of them in all prices ranges.

Bought a backup tube of it as well, just in case it's discontinued!

on 9/18/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A major con is there is no color match for yellow-toned skin. I am NC 20-25 and I've tried the shades 103 True Ivory & 200 Soft Beige from this line. They are both extremely pinky-orange toned. Since this is a thick mousse foundation, I applied it with my fingers. I have acne and it didn't didn't cover my spots or redness very well even after two layers, I had to layer even more product on top of my breakouts. So if you've got a lot to hide, I don't think this foundation will do you justice as it will start to cake up. It overall looks very makeup-y. I have combo-oily skin and it didn't really even control my oil, it's just like any other foundation after less than an hour so the mattifying effect doesn't stick around for me. I might get better coverage by stippling it on with a brush, but it's not even a good color match and ugh, it just doesn't't look good if you've got acne. It'll look unnatural and start to break down. Not a good one, very disappointed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials