Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 9/2/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is just amazing. Before i found this i used Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light, which i liked but did make me quite oily by the end of the day. I visited a friend and she insisted that i try her foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) in True Ivory. At first, i was doubtful because i had never had much luck with foundations, they either would melt off after a few hours, break me out or just feel 'icky'. The best foundation i had tried before this was Rimmel Wake Me Up, but that broke me out after a few weeks of using. This foundation goes on wonderfully with my Napoleon foundation brush, and as it's so thick, you only need the tiniest bit and just buff it into your skin as much as you can before putting more on, its very easy to overdo and turn out cakey. True Ivory fits me perfectly, though my neck is paler than my face so i have to blend it pretty well, though what i find works well is using my BB Cream on my neck. The first time i used it, we hung around the house for a few hours, went to the shops, walked around a while and went home, then went out to dinner later that night, no touch up needed after 10 hours, and it gets fairly warm where i am in Australia (and humid!) I wore it every day for the last week of holidays, then the first few weeks of school and it always lasted perfectly, not even shiny at the end of a long day. I dont use moisturser, primer, setting powder or anything like that, just wash my face, then foundation, eye makeup etc. This foundation has only broken me out once, when i wore it to school and forgot to bring makeup wipes for our game. I'm in the Girls Rugby Union team at school and we catch a bus directly from school to the venue. So after an hour of rugby, which is a pretty full on game, running around sweating, and having my face mashed into the ground, understandably, i broke out a bit the next morning, but i can't really complain about that. Apart from that, no issues. It hardly even feels like im wearing foundation, it doesn't get heavy or sticky at all and it doesnt even have that gross makeup smell that you get sometimes after a few hours. Just a really great foundation

on 9/2/2014 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product and it really gave me a photoshop, matte finish that looked and felt smooth with medium to heavy coverage. There were just some problems that bothered me. The biggest was that it broke my acne out 100%. I am acne prone, but lately my skin has been glowing for some reason and I've been almost acne free with a clear complexion. When I used this product, by the end of the day I already had pimples coming in and the more I used it (four times to make sure), the more aggressive my pimples became. It took two weeks without using this to return to how I was before, and still now I'm working to get rid of a pimple or two. Thing is, I understand that it just wasn't compatible to my skin. It could be a great product, but it just wasn't compatible to the pores on my face and it clogged it all up, which is a real shame because this product was GREAT for oily skin (like mines). This isn't a product for dry skin. If you have dry skin, avoid this because it will sit on your skin and cake up and dry up. I know this because whenever I use cleansing pads to help my acne my skin dries up, and when I used this product the day after it was horrible and it just made my acne worse. So avoid this if you have dry skin, but give it a chance if you have oily skin. Your skin might be compatible with it and you might not break out. Every foundation is different and every skin type is different, so just goes with what works for you.
This is a thick foundation, so use it lightly. Don't pack this one on or build it up. Less is more here, or else it will cake up and it'll be obvious you're wearing a lot of makeup. Other than that, it's a real shame this product wasn't for me because I love Rimmel London products. Though their match perfection liquid foundation worked fine with me and I love it (I'm using it daily with no breakouts).

on 8/31/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would like to note I am extremely pale and excessively oily. I ran out of foundation and without any time to go to Ulta I quickly picked this up at CVS. At first I was so impressed with the color and the finish. However it wasn't long before I was chronically breaking out in large whiteheads especially on the sides of my nose, not to mention how blocked my pores were getting. Since I had family in town I was indulging more than normal so I thought this was the reason. Until no amount of sleep, diet, taking care of my skin etc. would make a difference. When I finally realized and stopped using the product my skin began to clear up again. I advise using with caution if you are acneic.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This would be an okay option if it didn't slide around so much. Initially I enjoyed the smooth texture and slightly more thick consistency and it was fine for the first hour. Then it just started to slide off my skin and if i even touched my nose my makeup would just completely come off onto my fingers. It didn't help that it made my breakouts worse and my nose was super oily after using it.

on 8/27/2014 4:48:00 PM

I like it. But the only thing I don't like is that it makes you feel like you have too much make up on. And the product is very thick. And when it says shine control it basically is saying thick foundation.

on 8/24/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
good coverage
easy application
doesn't break me out

CONS:
Doesn't stay matte (I only really get oily on my forehead, but it gets greasy on the apples of my cheeks even though this place never usually gets oily!)
'Shifts' on my skin (but every product seems to shift on my skin)
Leaves me looking like an oil slick after a couple hours, even in the middle of winter!
Clings to dry skin patches
Transfers

I've been using this product for about four months now.

I have acne-prone skin which can turn into cystic acne along my jawline.

I've put up with this product for a while now since I'm lazy, and only now after writing the pro's and cons have i realised how bad it actually is!
AVOID IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN. It cakes up around dry skin and makes it more prominent. However the overall coverage it good, and I guess you could use it as a spot concealer.

But tbh it's a quick and easy foundation for everyday use and if youre not that fussy or too lazy to go looking for a better foundation like me.

on 8/24/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've never been a big fan of Rimmel and it's the only brand I make an attempt to avoid so far.
This product however is okay, depending on your skin and how you use it. It's either going to be great (if you are trying to conceal anything), or awful (probably for anyone else.)
This is definitely a lot heavier than liquid foundations and is easier to cake on. I bought it for thst exact reason, my face goes red at the drop of a hat ever since someone pointed it out to me, so I do tend to pile on a tonne of makeup in a hopeless attempt to hide it.
I definitely think it works as a concealer, but it is also a bit dry, and I have open pores and a few wrinkles so it did appear cakey.
I now just use it on occasion to hide acne marks and under eye shadows rather than over my whole face.

on 8/22/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Avoid like the plague!
I'm on a search for my HG foundation. I have very pale Irish skin, with an oily t zone. So far the best foundation I've tried is Kat von D Lock IT foundation, but as I'm in the UK it's extremely hard to get and costs about £35. I'm after something a bit more budget friendly, and this is high street and costs under £6 so I thought I'd chance it. What a mistake!
I got the lightest shade, light porcelain 010. First impressions were 1) it's not porcelain (quite pinkish!) and 2) in no way liquid. this is 100% a mousse.
After putting it on let me tell you, not only would I not go out with this on, I wouldn't even wear it round the house. I have never used a foundation that looks so bad in all my 28 years. This cakes like no other and clings to lines and dry spots I didn't even know I had. Around my nose and upper lip.... I can't even describe how caked on this looked.
I'm afraid I can't tell you what the wear time is like, or even if it does in fact stay matte, as every time I tried it it looked so awful I immediately took it off again. Awful.

on 8/20/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would not buy this foundation again. I have an oily t-zone especially bad on my nose and slightly dry skin on the rest of my face.This foundation is very thick and dry, and can easily look quite cakey. It does not keep my face matte for more than 2-3 hours, and that's using mattying primer underneath as well.
What I also don't like is that after a couple of hours the foundation seems to disintegrate and slide off my face or wipe off with only a slight touch.
I would love to find a foundation that actually lives up to its claims, but I'm still searching!

on 8/18/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Yep. It brings matte finish for my supa oily skin even though I didnt apply primer and pretty good coverage. But It looks so unatural, cakey and I feel heavy too. Also easily melted off after 4-5 hrs at work.

Video Reviews & Tutorials