Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

PROS:

- Soft velvety texture

- Airbrushed finish

CONS:

- Leaves a pale cast on face

- NOT translucent

- Average oil control

- Expensive

Conclusion: I am a former Mac Blot user, but had to stop using it b/c it broke me out. I purchased LM’s translucent pressed powder hoping it would be a nice replacement. While this pressed powder gives a nice airbrushed look, the pale cast on my NC40 skin tone is way too obvious! IT IS NOT TRANSLUCENT! I tried to apply it (dabbing) and with a brush and puff but still—ghostly look on my face! No thanks. Plus, the oil control properties were just *ok*…I still prefer mac blot- if I could use it :(
continued >>

This is the second product that I purchase from Laura Mercier and I just love it!! The powder works awesome! Before, I was oily on my face by the time it was 10 a.m. Now, I don't need any touch-ups until 2 or 3 p.m.!! What I love about this powder is that it doesn't make me look ashy, and it doesn't dry out my skin. Most importantly is that it doesn't break me out. At first the white color scared me, but the make-up chick said it would never show on my skin--and she was right! p.s. it pays to apply in the dabbing manner that they show you. :)

This is a great translucent powder for setting make-up and also for touch-ups. It has a nice texture and mattifies the skin without looking cakey or adding color. You only need the lightest pat of this (I use it with my LM Velour powder puff) to kill any shine and excess oils. I have a travel size from a GWP that I always keep in my bag. The compact isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it does the job and has nice sized mirror. The compact has plenty of powder left, even after months of use.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent powder. I'm very fair and oily and have a hard time finding powders that don't darken on my skin. This is one of the few that I can use with no problems. Controls oil very well (close second to MAC blot) and never looks cakey or dull. In fact, it gives my skin a lovely glow, which is why I prefer it to MAC. My only gripe with this powder is the case. I think it's pretty hideous, especially for the price. But the product is exceptional so an ugly compact isn't such a big deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very nice finely milled powder! So for so good with controlling my t-zone which is a plus. Also this sets my foundation and doesn't transfer onto my cloths! Another good thing is that on my dark brown skin, Toffee Bronze/NC55 it doesn't make me look ashy if applied lightly! Lastly, I don't care what anybody says it's better than MAC blot powder!!!

This is very nice. Finely milled. It takes a little work to know how to use it, though. It takes very little to mattify the face, and I just touch the puff to the surface of the powder and pat on the face. The makeup artist that used this on me told me that a brush picks up *way* too much of this, and you must use the puff. It looked great over the tinted moisturizer, so I was sold. I really like it now.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good pressed powder and I always keep it in my bag. It's really good for touching up. However, I don't like the sponge that comes with it. Instead I use Tarte's Kabuki Brush to apply it with. I love this powder because it's very lightweight and doesn't add any color to your face. This is much better than MAC's Blot Powder... less cakey and more natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The translucent pressed powder is a great way to keep skin matte during the day. Its very light and mattifies the skin without looking cakey. Doesnt look ashy on my NC30 light olive complexion. Its oil free so doesnt break me out either. Powder comes in a slightly boring brown compact with mirror and sponge and retails for $30.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I keep this in my purse and use during the day to reduce shiny t-zone. Since it is non-tinted, it doesn't intensify my foundation color the way applying more tinted, loose powder would. It does not look cakey and isn't drying the way clean & clear oil reducing pressed powder is. Also, I use all over when I don't need much coverage - sets concealer well. It's just right. Sturdy compact. I find it best to use a brush - not the sponge to apply - you don't need to concentrate the product the way the included sponge does if used.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I use this as the final touch on morning makeup. It is very finely milled and is less cakey than MAC "blot". What I dont; like is the cheap plastic compact and the puff that comes with it.

Recommended for Normal Skin