Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 9/13/2006 6:26:00 PM

This is a great translucent powder for setting make-up and also for touch-ups. It has a nice texture and mattifies the skin without looking cakey or adding color. You only need the lightest pat of this (I use it with my LM Velour powder puff) to kill any shine and excess oils. I have a travel size from a GWP that I always keep in my bag. The compact isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it does the job and has nice sized mirror. The compact has plenty of powder left, even after months of use.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent powder. I'm very fair and oily and have a hard time finding powders that don't darken on my skin. This is one of the few that I can use with no problems. Controls oil very well (close second to MAC blot) and never looks cakey or dull. In fact, it gives my skin a lovely glow, which is why I prefer it to MAC. My only gripe with this powder is the case. I think it's pretty hideous, especially for the price. But the product is exceptional so an ugly compact isn't such a big deal.

on 7/5/2006 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very nice finely milled powder! So for so good with controlling my t-zone which is a plus. Also this sets my foundation and doesn't transfer onto my cloths! Another good thing is that on my dark brown skin, Toffee Bronze/NC55 it doesn't make me look ashy if applied lightly! Lastly, I don't care what anybody says it's better than MAC blot powder!!!

on 6/13/2006 7:25:00 PM

This is very nice. Finely milled. It takes a little work to know how to use it, though. It takes very little to mattify the face, and I just touch the puff to the surface of the powder and pat on the face. The makeup artist that used this on me told me that a brush picks up *way* too much of this, and you must use the puff. It looked great over the tinted moisturizer, so I was sold. I really like it now.

on 3/6/2006 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good pressed powder and I always keep it in my bag. It's really good for touching up. However, I don't like the sponge that comes with it. Instead I use Tarte's Kabuki Brush to apply it with. I love this powder because it's very lightweight and doesn't add any color to your face. This is much better than MAC's Blot Powder... less cakey and more natural.

on 2/21/2006 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The translucent pressed powder is a great way to keep skin matte during the day. Its very light and mattifies the skin without looking cakey. Doesnt look ashy on my NC30 light olive complexion. Its oil free so doesnt break me out either. Powder comes in a slightly boring brown compact with mirror and sponge and retails for $30.

on 10/24/2005 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I keep this in my purse and use during the day to reduce shiny t-zone. Since it is non-tinted, it doesn't intensify my foundation color the way applying more tinted, loose powder would. It does not look cakey and isn't drying the way clean & clear oil reducing pressed powder is. Also, I use all over when I don't need much coverage - sets concealer well. It's just right. Sturdy compact. I find it best to use a brush - not the sponge to apply - you don't need to concentrate the product the way the included sponge does if used.

on 8/19/2005 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I use this as the final touch on morning makeup. It is very finely milled and is less cakey than MAC "blot". What I dont; like is the cheap plastic compact and the puff that comes with it.

on 7/18/2005 10:40:00 AM

I have been a Bare Escentuals aficionada for several years and swear by Mineral Veil. I got a sample of the transparent setting powder as an extra in a swap and was instantly hooked. This is amazing stuff -- particularly in the heat and humidity of NYC summers. No funky, shiny look for me any more. Apply with LM's velour powder puff and all's right with the world! This is a great find for the price.

on 6/23/2005 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love Laura Mercier products. This rarely gets much use from me. My LM foundation and powder stay on so well, that I only use after lunch to touch up. Another great product from LM!!!