September 1, 2014 | 970 users online

Pressed Powders - Laura Mercier - Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice finely milled powder! So for so good with controlling my t-zone which is a plus. Also this sets my foundation and doesn't transfer onto my cloths! Another good thing is that on my dark brown skin, Toffee Bronze/NC55 it doesn't make me look ashy if applied lightly! Lastly, I don't care what anybody says it's better than MAC blot powder!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by glossycandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is very nice. Finely milled. It takes a little work to know how to use it, though. It takes very little to mattify the face, and I just touch the puff to the surface of the powder and pat on the face. The makeup artist that used this on me told me that a brush picks up *way* too much of this, and you must use the puff. It looked great over the tinted moisturizer, so I was sold. I really like it now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good pressed powder and I always keep it in my bag. It's really good for touching up. However, I don't like the sponge that comes with it. Instead I use Tarte's Kabuki Brush to apply it with. I love this powder because it's very lightweight and doesn't add any color to your face. This is much better than MAC's Blot Powder... less cakey and more natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

The translucent pressed powder is a great way to keep skin matte during the day. Its very light and mattifies the skin without looking cakey. Doesnt look ashy on my NC30 light olive complexion. Its oil free so doesnt break me out either. Powder comes in a slightly boring brown compact with mirror and sponge and retails for $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 2:12:00 AM More reviews by green72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep this in my purse and use during the day to reduce shiny t-zone. Since it is non-tinted, it doesn't intensify my foundation color the way applying more tinted, loose powder would. It does not look cakey and isn't drying the way clean & clear oil reducing pressed powder is. Also, I use all over when I don't need much coverage - sets concealer well. It's just right. Sturdy compact. I find it best to use a brush - not the sponge to apply - you don't need to concentrate the product the way the included sponge does if used.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lucidbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I use this as the final touch on morning makeup. It is very finely milled and is less cakey than MAC "blot". What I dont; like is the cheap plastic compact and the puff that comes with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 10:40:00 AM More reviews by goodlaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been a Bare Escentuals aficionada for several years and swear by Mineral Veil. I got a sample of the transparent setting powder as an extra in a swap and was instantly hooked. This is amazing stuff -- particularly in the heat and humidity of NYC summers. No funky, shiny look for me any more. Apply with LM's velour powder puff and all's right with the world! This is a great find for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 11:55:00 AM More reviews by aggie00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Laura Mercier products. This rarely gets much use from me. My LM foundation and powder stay on so well, that I only use after lunch to touch up. Another great product from LM!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by michele0730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started using LM products. So far, so good! Love the foundation (after being a DiorLift fan for years, they discontinued and I was on a MAD search!) Got the foundation and loose powder first, then went back last week for the pressed compact. I'm with others on the boards here...the sponge is not good, so today, I used a brush for my touchup and I love it! The jury is still out for me on LM concealer...but the foundation and powder...SUBLIME!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 2:09:00 AM More reviews by stellaluna2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder is works great on me! It keeps me looking "flawless" by giving my face a "soft" look. I have oily skin and although it does not keep the oilies away entirely, it does keep it in check.

I keep a compact in my purse at all times for touching up during the day. I love the compact, it's brown, simple and classy.

The only thing that I don't like is the sponge application - it's hard to use. I don't like sponges in general anyways. I need to find a purse brush to apply this while I'm on the go. Does anyone have a good one in mind?