October 23, 2014 | 1035 users online

Liquid - Jane - Oil Free foundation [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2003 12:03:00 AM More reviews by hIkky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

sad to say that, being a jane-freak myself, i just cant seem to get along with this foundation. the consistency seems so thick & creamy, applying it feels like rubbing hard butter on my face. the coverage is very thick and turns chalky / cakey if you try to layer it on. the color also turns abit orangy on me. but dear jane is still the love of my makeup life. i know its cheap in the states but i cant get it where i am, so its still a keeper to me. sometimes, i'll mix this in with my normal moisturiser and dab on my face with a moist sponge for a soft tinted look.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2003 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Noahsmom

This did not control the oil for my combo skin. It looks great when first put on, but after an hour or two it looks greasy and the coverage breaks up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 6:19:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

its cheap, matches my skintone perfectly, covers well and doesn't leave me feeling dry/oily or any other extremity. I've come back to this foundation a lot over the years, it has rarely let me down and doesn't cause breakouts. The only downfall is I can't use it in winter, when my skin is extremely dry. But for times when my skin falls into more of a "normal" balanced state, tis great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2002 8:38:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought a tester of it. The tester was a good color and the full size product was a different color. The colors in the batch vary a bit which I don't think is good. It was a nice liquid over all. It did make me break out though and left a tugging feeling. I wouldn't buy it again. It had that cheap feeling to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2002 8:39:00 AM More reviews by crisco_123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this is "bisque" after reading many excellent reviews on it. The quality of the foundation is very good. I bought this before I started Accutane, and I had oily skin. It was just alright then. Now that my face is clear, I find that the foundation is so much better with my new skin texture (normal/little oily), especially in the summer. The coverage is excellent since I just need it for a few acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2002 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Emily

I think this is one of the best oil free foundations, low end. It provides nice coverage without being too heavy. The price is amazing! I also love Stay Calm foundation for days when I don't need as much coverage. Jane, as a line, is just the best drugstore line in my opinion. The eye shadows are my favorite low end, the lipsticks are nice, and the foundations get thumbs up too. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 7:11:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Possibly the best oil-free foundation I've used in a long time! Doesn't make my skin break out...good coverage! Washes off well but stays put otherwise. Ivory matches me exactly!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2002 11:53:00 AM More reviews by gypsychick6

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was very disappointed with this because it felt heavy and was very hard to get out of the bottle. i would never repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2002 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this was good for emergencies--but only for here and there coverage. for a complete face--it looked too masky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Anne

I like this foundation a lot better than the "Stay Calm". I have it in Ivory, and I especially love the small trial bottles that are so perfect for bringing on trips. It gives great coverage and really evens out skintone.