October 24, 2014 | 864 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this scrub for about 4 years and I love it. Have tried some others before (Biore, Clinique 7 day scrub, Neutrogena, Garnier) but this one seemed to be the best. At first it seemed little too harsh on my skin so have to massage it really gentle. It seemes to clean amazing and also the clean, fresh feeling afterwards is nice. This is my 2nd bottle only but it leasts for more than a year. You don't need much to use it. It has nice mint smell that someone might find a bit too strong. I just purchased St. Ives Apricot scrub and will see if I like it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by amyang

When i first used this product, it felt like an old layer of my skin was taken off, revealling new skin. Like my skin was breathing. It felt so good. The lady over the counter said to not use it on active pimples or it'd spread the bacteria, so be careful. Although i love this product and its really great, i wont buy it again and i dont use it as often. I am acne prone and this got to be too harsh for my skin. If/when i wasnt careful, it made my acne flare up or worse. So i use it sparingly on pimple free areas of my skin. Id suggest this to people with regular skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this well enough to come back to it after trying several different scrubs. i use this around 2-3 times a week. however, i've never really thought i had sensitive skin but the minty, cooling feel you get when you put this on your skin goes to a point to where it stings sometimes and i have to wash it off relatively quickly. maybe my skin is a bit sensitive but besides this product, has never been proven to be so..it leaves it reasonably soft and smooth. if the feel doesn't bother you then it is a cheap, effective scrub to use

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by 94020249

It feels very minty and refreshing afterwards, but menthol is apparently a massive irritant and something that should be avoided at all costs ("Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter without me")...also I find that although skin feels very smooth afterwards, the breakouts happen in the following weeks...I am convinced that scrubs only irritate acne prone skin and make the situation worse. This scrub is probably a bit too harsh for my liking anyway - the grains are pretty rough and kinda hurt when applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by gvb73

HG for me! I buy this off and on and have yet to find a scrub I like better. I've tried others, even their own 7 day scrub. That did nothing compared to this. love it. Will buy it forever. Yet Again, another product my husband uses too and loves. He prefers it over the mens version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I love this scrub so much it is def my HG. The scrubbing grandules are very small and round but it is packed with them so you get the most gentle but effective exfoliation. I hate bit chunky bits in scrubs b/c it makes my face red and I heard its bad for your skin. This stuff seriously gets all the dry bits off my face so my makeup goes on wonderfully and there is minimal irritation unlike other scrubs. The consistency is perfect. I wash my face w/ a cleanser, blot some of the water off and then put the scrub on and it works great. Has some amazing minty effect too, super energizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Jascha117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was anxiously waiting to get this product and I'm so glad I did!
The grains in this scrub are really tiny, so I don't feel as if I'm sanding my face :) The menthol can be a tad to much though, it's nice but for me personally they could have left that out.

I like the fact that when I've used this my whole face is extremely soft! I almost never experience this!
And the salicyc acid really gets to my impurities ( I love that)

Pricewise this could be a bit expensive (21.50 for 100ml) but I just bought a scrub from givanni and it was 15.80 euros for 50 ml, and to be frank, it sucks in comparison to clinique's :)
so I'm willing to buy it again, and again, and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this scrub and I've been using it for long time but this is my HG scrub ! There were a few times that I can't splurge on a scrub and ended up buying drugstore brand and it just doesn't give the same results. This wipes out my white heads (gross!) and all these little bumps here and there on my face. I have oily skin and my pores get clogged too often. This product is very gentle on the skin, no irritation or redness at all after usage. Will continue to repurchase for as long as it exists.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thought I'd try this scrub after all the great reviews and you guys are right this scrub is awesome. A nice fine milled scrub with a cooling sensation.Love it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Osgoode

After my beloved Clean & Clear Soft In-Shower Facial was discontinued I thought I could never love a scrub again, I even gave up on scrubs altogether for a few months. Then, after a rash of contact dermatitis caused by The Body Shop skincare products I needed something to clear up the last flaky bits of skin from the breakout. The lovely woman at the Clinique counter recommended this exfoliator and I haven't looked back. This makes my skin silky and smooth without upsetting my sensitive cheeks and used in combination with Shiseido Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam my skin looks as creamy and fresh as it did when I was a little girl.