NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/6/2011 12:04:00 PM

Thalia is a very pretty shade, it just doesn't work for me. It's a neutral pink that is just a little too mauve for my skin tone. I am pale and tend to wear warmer shades. Thalia is a cooler shade that I thought I could possibly get away with. I love NYX lipsticks ~ they are creamy, pigmented and so inexpensive that you can collect tons of them without feeling guilty. I won't buy this shade again, but I will try others from NYX...

on 5/13/2011 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product, especially since I got it for so cheap off TradeMe [NZ ebay site]. The lipstick goes on really easy, and doesn't even need a chapstick - quite moisturising. As far as pigmentation goes, this one isn't really up there. Then again, it is slightly like my natural lip colour anyway so doesn't look too shabby. I love the packaging too

on 5/5/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this lipstick today at ULTA and it is a great neutral everyday lipstick. I was suprised how pretty it turned out to be when I got it home and tried it on. It's prettier than some of my M.A.C. lipsticks. Definetly will have to get an extra tube of this.

on 5/5/2011 10:30:00 AM

I've been looking for a flattering nude lip forever and finally found it! They all were either too orange or maked me look like grey death warmed over. But this has just enough pink to be the perfect nude for my full, medium pigmented lips. Reminds me of a creamy version of a MLBB color, wonderful texture and nice slip. A touch of nude gloss on top and even I'm able to rock the nude lip look.

on 5/2/2011 9:18:00 AM

UPDATE: Ugh, this is why I review things, but I forgot to check and rebought this. I still hate it. It looks like perfection on the back of my hand. But, oy vey, when I gets on my lips it is this slightly mauve toned stone color...very stone like.

ORIGINAL POST: IMO, this is a 90's MLBB. It is a rosey pink brown lip color that definitely skews more brown. It looks pinky rosey on the lips, but muddier. The color itself, looks pretty. But when you step away, you feel like you are in an episode of 90210 when they were in college. Also, I have naturally rosey brown pigmented lips, so this just comes off as even darker and more muddy than my natural lip color. Not repulsive on me, but not my style any more (as it is 2011 :)

color is nice and awesome. really moisturizing :) staying power is great too!

on 4/23/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

TONE: NC 30

The color is quite dark, so therefore i wouldn't apply a lot or else it would overwhelm your face.

PROS:
-HIGHLY Pigmented
-XTREMELY creamy
-long lasting

CONS:
-quite dark if applied too much

I dont like this lipstick because it is too heavy and it feels like an extra layer on your lips

on 4/3/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

NYX rounds are my HG lipsticks. They're cheap enough that I can loose them (which I do) and its not an issue.
awesome everyday color

on 3/31/2011 12:35:00 AM

I have such a hard time finding lipsticks that suit me! Thalia is a perfect, slightly lighter than my natural lip color lipstick.
Really creamy and flattering.

And for the price? AMAZING! :)

on 3/22/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love NYX lipstick. It's cheap, applies evenly and makes my lips pretty smooth. This color, however, is sooo not for my skintone. I have paler olive skin and very pigmented lips. The color swatch online was gorgeous and not even close to what came out of the tube for me. It went on a greyish, pinkish purple. It reminds me of Angelina Jolie's signature lipcolor. Would probably look gorgeous on women with similar coloring.

Popular Lipsticks