September 17, 2014 | 1707 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Melissa19f

I lovvvvvvveeeeeeee this perfume. It is my all time favorite! Its just so expensive that I don't always get to replace it as quickly as I might like. i have about 1/4 tsp left fo the Eau de Parfum. I will save it until I'm sure I'm getting another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Naty1209

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Chanel and everything Chanel has to offer. But Allure is by far the BEST perfume I've ever had the pleasure of smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Allure is a very sophisticated smell! Very classy and elegant! But it gets a bit too much for my nose when I first spray it. I think I need to wait for my smelling senses to mature a bit more and then I will love it. The smell lasts for a very long time and it is quite strong, strong in the way that you don't have to smell your wrist close to get a whiff, this perfume will be noticeable for everyone around you but in a good way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I think this is an incredibly wearable scent, one of Chanel's lightest and prettiest and youngest. For me this is a daytime scent, classy but casual, understated but lingering and memorable. This is one that the fellas seem to appreciate.
I will repurchase this again and again, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it. I'm almost tempted to say this is my favourite Chanel scent, probably because I wear it so often and it suits any occasion the other ones I have I tend to pick up with an occasion, place or outfit in mind - this goes anytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by BNoel45

I really really wanted to love this smell. It was a gift from my mom. I find it a bit too strong for me even if I just use a tiny little bit. It gives me a headache. I much prefer Coco Chanel for some reason. This is just too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu101

this is the most wearable elegant scent. it is very subtle but never forgettable. for me, i wait until after the pungent almost tart opening to the glorious creamy vanilla drydown of the EDP. i've tried the EDT, but i just don't think it's me. one of my top 5 and definitely my most used chanel besides eau premiere.
highly recommended, if it works with your chemistry you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

One of the rare Chanels that I can actually pull, which means that it is perhaps geared towards relatively low-key audiences that look for comfortable sensuality rather than the edgy million dollar look/smell. Nevertheless, it oozes quality as the soft, fluffy sensation it offers is unique. It is almost linear on me, but in such a way that I wouldn't like it to develop into anything else anyway. It's creamy, very slightly flowery, and kind of bright without ever becoming screechy or super-perfumey - this is often my trouble with Chanel. When I wear this, I always think of white. A whitewashed black and white Maine cottage, a white fluffy blanket on crisp white sheets, a white silk robe. Not so bad sillage and long lasting. I don't have a signature perfume but I feel kind of uncomfortable when I run out of Allure.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was/is one of my fave perfumes. I'm sad because I ran out and I've never really stuck with one scent for longer than a run or two but this will definitely be re-added to my collection. the scent is so intoxicating and classic. Its a bit strong but I love it for those special occasions. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most mature fragrance in my collection. The warm scent simply evokes class and sophistication. It is a really beautiful scent to wear in the night. A little of it goes a long way, so don't over spray or everyone can smell you from a mile away. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I originally had the EDT, and then I bought the refillable purse spray which was EDP and I'd asked someone to buy me the refills dutyfree and they bought me the parfum.

I think I like the EDP better (I liked the effect of the light spray application) but the parfum is a very close second.

This maybe is not going to be a useful review because I'm not sure exactly what the notes of this are on me. Its supposed to be a floral oriental? Well usually I can only wear florals, but occasionally an oriental will work on me, which I really enjoy because sometimes I feel perfumes no matter how they are supposed to smell just turn overly sugary sweet.

Allure is a beautifully complex fragrance that just becomes one with my skin. There apparently is a bit of a 'powdery' feel to this for others? This doesn't come through at all on my skin.

I have smelt this on other people and have not liked it at all... As with all fragrances this is one where individual chemistry will really make or break it.

IMO the sillage isn't overpowering, not where I walk in a room and someone says "oh, you're wearing allure" more the type where I keep enjoying the fragrance all day with the occasional appreciative comment from others.