April 19, 2014 | 1695 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I think this is an incredibly wearable scent, one of Chanel's lightest and prettiest and youngest. For me this is a daytime scent, classy but casual, understated but lingering and memorable. This is one that the fellas seem to appreciate.
I will repurchase this again and again, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it. I'm almost tempted to say this is my favourite Chanel scent, probably because I wear it so often and it suits any occasion the other ones I have I tend to pick up with an occasion, place or outfit in mind - this goes anytime.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by BNoel45

I really really wanted to love this smell. It was a gift from my mom. I find it a bit too strong for me even if I just use a tiny little bit. It gives me a headache. I much prefer Coco Chanel for some reason. This is just too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tiramisu101

this is the most wearable elegant scent. it is very subtle but never forgettable. for me, i wait until after the pungent almost tart opening to the glorious creamy vanilla drydown of the EDP. i've tried the EDT, but i just don't think it's me. one of my top 5 and definitely my most used chanel besides eau premiere.
highly recommended, if it works with your chemistry you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

One of the rare Chanels that I can actually pull, which means that it is perhaps geared towards relatively low-key audiences that look for comfortable sensuality rather than the edgy million dollar look/smell. Nevertheless, it oozes quality as the soft, fluffy sensation it offers is unique. It is almost linear on me, but in such a way that I wouldn't like it to develop into anything else anyway. It's creamy, very slightly flowery, and kind of bright without ever becoming screechy or super-perfumey - this is often my trouble with Chanel. When I wear this, I always think of white. A whitewashed black and white Maine cottage, a white fluffy blanket on crisp white sheets, a white silk robe. Not so bad sillage and long lasting. I don't have a signature perfume but I feel kind of uncomfortable when I run out of Allure.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kysma03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was/is one of my fave perfumes. I'm sad because I ran out and I've never really stuck with one scent for longer than a run or two but this will definitely be re-added to my collection. the scent is so intoxicating and classic. Its a bit strong but I love it for those special occasions. Loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most mature fragrance in my collection. The warm scent simply evokes class and sophistication. It is a really beautiful scent to wear in the night. A little of it goes a long way, so don't over spray or everyone can smell you from a mile away. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I originally had the EDT, and then I bought the refillable purse spray which was EDP and I'd asked someone to buy me the refills dutyfree and they bought me the parfum.

I think I like the EDP better (I liked the effect of the light spray application) but the parfum is a very close second.

This maybe is not going to be a useful review because I'm not sure exactly what the notes of this are on me. Its supposed to be a floral oriental? Well usually I can only wear florals, but occasionally an oriental will work on me, which I really enjoy because sometimes I feel perfumes no matter how they are supposed to smell just turn overly sugary sweet.

Allure is a beautifully complex fragrance that just becomes one with my skin. There apparently is a bit of a 'powdery' feel to this for others? This doesn't come through at all on my skin.

I have smelt this on other people and have not liked it at all... As with all fragrances this is one where individual chemistry will really make or break it.

IMO the sillage isn't overpowering, not where I walk in a room and someone says "oh, you're wearing allure" more the type where I keep enjoying the fragrance all day with the occasional appreciative comment from others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first Chanel!!!!!! And I'm 30!!!! Allure is a pretty pretty thing!!!! I didn't make this purchase lightly. I sprayed a card with the EDT (they only had EDP on display so I had to ask the SA to take out the EDT from behind the counter so I could try that because I thought the EDP may be too strong, seeing as this was going to be my first Chanel, lol. The SA seemed unimpressed, telling me they were the same thing, one was just stronger-but we know that's not always the case, don't we ladies?) Anyhoo, I tucked the card in my shopping bag. It seemed strong. When I got home the shopping bag smelled VERY strong of warm flowery powderiness. I thought to myself, Oh it's good I didn't buy this, way too strong. However, i couldn't stop smelling the shopping bag. MMMM it smelled sweet,flowery, pretty- perfumey but comforting. I still wasn't thinking I would buy it, but the scent was growing on me. So comforting and rich smelling. Smells classy and inviting. But is it too strong? Will it dry down into old lady on me? I kept sniffing that bag until Allure ultimately 'lured' me in. I wanted to smell like that, but I would have to be VERRRYYY careful not to overdo it. I own the EDP and the EDT. I prefer the EDT because I find it a bit easier to wear, although the EDP smells very similar, just a bit deeper. I also have the body lotion, which is lovely. As long as this is applied lightly, I find it gorgeous. It's the only Chanel I really like. Give it a try, but beware.....once you smell it it's hard not to buy it!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's pretty soon to post, as I just received samples of this in a swap, but I love this scent. Initially I liked Coco Madmoiselle as I thought it was lighter, but it dried too floral for me. I spray just the tiniest bit on my wrists, dab on my neck, and am instantly surrounded with pure gorgeousness. I'm not good at describing fragrances, but it smells very womanly, musky, but still natural. Allure almost becomes part of your skin. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous perfume. Very warm and sensual. Perfect for fall/winter. One of my favs!