September 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I was pleased with this bb cream at first but after using it daily for two weeks, my opinion changed.
PROS:
1. Good medium coverage. I thought this bb cream gives a nice solid medium coverage. It even gives a nice natural coverage over blemishes and dark circles. Granted, I wouldn't use this for going out but it is nice for daily routines and running around doing errands.
2. Good oil control. This is the only bb cream that stays matte all day long even without setting powder.
3. Good color match. I'm NC40 olive and Medium/Deep matches my skin tone.

CONS:
1. Staying power is poor. Even though it stays matte, it will fade off in spots making my skin look very blotchy. This is the main reason why I wouldn't repurchase it.
2. Can appear too matte and flat. It does remind me of 90s makeup.
3. This actually breaks me out. After wearing this, I get a few new blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Jabelley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product a few times and I really like it. The coverage was a lot better than I expected. I have pretty bad acne, so I just wash and sanitize my hands, then apply this product with my fingers. For places that I have big red blemishes, I just dap it on and pat it in for better concealing. Even better coverage when applied with a beauty blender. It does show dry patches on skin, but once I powder and use a setting spray, it looks a lot better. This is a good drug store product for people with acne that want just a light makeup day. I got the shade medium and it looks good with some bronzer. I will probably need to get the shade medium-dark when I get a tan. If you have just oily skin with not a lot of dry patches, you will probably like this product. Love that is has salicylic acid in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the shade light medium and am MAC NC20 right now. My skin is dry most of the year but in the warmer weather my t zone has been getting a bit shiny so I was more interested in the matte finish of this BB cream as opposed to the dream fresh's more dewy finish. I do get a few blemishes around my chin area, but since I have been using this product I haven't seen much improvement in the blemishes, however I have been alternating BB creams/foundations and not using this every day.

Over all I like this BB cream because its easy to put on quickly if I need to go out the door fast, and its also nice for the gym when set with a light dusting of powder. I don't like to go completely barefaced to the gym when I'm weight training so this gives me a nice even complexion. It is a sheer coverage and doesn't do anything for my under eye circles and some blemishes need concealer to be completely covered because you can see the redness.

I have to say this is a nice option but it leaves kind of a wet/balmy feeling for a few minutes after application. I would never wear it without setting with powder or a light dusting of bronzer. The Garnier Fructis BB cream in the combo/oily version in light to medium is superior to this Pure BB cream. The Garnier has a nicer finish, absorbs more quickly and leaves skin feeling more fresh and clean, and the coverage is better. I wouldn't repurchase not because its a bad product, for younger teens it would be very nice, but I am curious about other BB cream options over this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good BB, matches my skin well (Medium shade), definately smooths my face, and gives nice coverage. I would say the foundation is perfect for summer, it is very sheer and makes skin matt. The coverage could be build up too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lilyotvalley21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first bb cream to match my pale skin, it matches my skin perfectly. The texture is nice, very creamy, it gives a nice medium coverage. My skin is very oily, this is the only all over face product I put on my face, in warm June weather, by the end of the day my face had a slight shine. I have already purchased a second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by shay1995

First off the smell of this product is horrible! I can't quite put a name to the smell but it isn't very pleasant!
I also don't like the packaging of the lid, it is a screw lid and can be quite frustrating opening it and having to put the lid back on. It would be muct more convenient if it just had a flip top lid.

Anyways on to the good stuff! I got this product on sale for half price!
It can be applied very lightly for a very natural Finnish or it can be build able which I like.
The consistency of this product is great.
It is a little light on my skin (I fake tan) however I don't mind as I usually sit it with a slightly darker powder, and when I tested the other maybelline bb cream in the darker shade it came of as muddy.
It lasts fairly well, overall if this product was on sale again I would buy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

Really nice bb cream. Covers redness and blurs my acne scarring. I have really oily skin and after a few hours of wearing this it doesn't disappear or sit on top of my skin. Feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by andreaaraiza

I buy this over and over again, works perfectly for everyday makeup and gives a natural feel. My favorite bb cream and matches my skin tone very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this product so much! I'm currently on my third bottle and I use it everyday! I have quite oily skin, I always put on some concealer, a bit of this all over my face and finally pressed powder and all my makeup stays on all day! This does everything it claims to do. If you have oily skin I'd recommend using a powder on top of this, even though it's oil free I sometimes find my skin looking and feeling a bit oily during the day. -Anyasreviews

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This is probably my favourite BB Cream that I've tried. It doesn't look that great when I first apply it but it seems to make my skin look better throughout the day and by the end of the day my skin looks glowy and clear. This helps to absorb oil in my T-zone and does help to clear up blemishes as it contains salicylic acid.

Even though I love this a lot, I don't know that I would repurchase straight away as I have quite a few BB creams to get through but I'll most likely repurchase this in the future.