August 27, 2014 | 1735 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Lillex

So i am about an NW-30 in the middle of my face and an NW-40 on the outer portions. I have acne prone (occasional mild cystic acne) and an oily t-zone. I was extremely excited when i first saw this product because i first saw asian you tubers sharing pictures of it from their country but obviously maybelline hadn't released it in the states yet. So finally when it came out I went to my local CTS and purchased the shade Medium-deep which was my shade in the original dream bb cream. unfortunately the color is too light on the outer sides of my face. i figured if my original maybelline dream bb cream was medium-deep this one would be the same but nope! so i trailed this product for a week and came to the conclusion that it is a little to high coverage and feels heavy like a foundation which totally defeats the purpose! i have applied it with a beauty blender, flat top kabuki, stippling brush and my fingers and yet nothing makes it less heavy. I also bought this product because i heard that it was great for the oily gals out there but even with my MAC oil control lotion, mattifying primer and a translucent powder i was still oily after about 3-4 hours ! I'm going to try this product out again soon and hopefully it will grow on me and i can learn to work with it since i don't want to waste my money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Rerreguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff. Feels like I'm not wearing anything. I'm not so familiar with the light coverage/ bb cream stuff and hate my skin (biggest insecurity) but with you can build this up as much as you want and it still feels so light. Super blend able!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by LizPennington

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cos I tried the dream fresh bb cream and it broke my skin out, left me oily and had very very little coverage! I'm very sceptical about western bb creams as I've always used Korean/Asian brands and they are allot different. I was absolutely blown away by this bb cream! It has light-medium coverage and lasts all day on my very oily, acne prone skin (set with rimmel stay matte transparent powder)! I liked the packaging the squeeze tube was quick and easy and didn't get overly dirty. Ill definitely be repurchasing this bb cream! I don't usually like maybelline foundations etc as they're usually too pink toned/ orange for my skin, but this is definitely up there with Asian BB creams! Definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

A fairly standard drugstore foundation. It is not the worst by far that I have tried, but it is not the best. My favorite drugstore BB is Sleek's BB cream and normally I wouldn't even bother trying another BB cream, but I saw this one contained Salicylic acid. So I decided to buy it because I love salicylic acid for my acne. It works great.

As far as the foundation itself the color range is small, but I was able to find something that worked. The color range is pretty light, which I think is funny because summer is gearing up to start. I am pretty pale, but I was able to get a decent color match with the color Medium. There is only one darker shade from my knowledge. So this wont' be very friendly to gals and guys of deeper skin colors, which I think is lame.

The coverage is on the lighter side. It can be buildt up to about medium coverage, but does not completely cover any acne scars or discoloration. It blurs things a bit and makes the skin looks more polished. I know most BB creams are like this and for summer when it gets hot I don't really mind having a lighter coverage foundation. My one complaint is that this seems to melt into my skin after a few hours (2-3 hours) and disapear. I have to reapply quite often. The tube is small so it is easy to carry, but it is sort of annoying to have to reapply so frequently.

The bottle also collects debris, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but definitely something to note.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by missmopar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have acne, but I bought this because I thought the salicylic acid would help control the oil. I've been using rice paper to blot every hour to every other hour. Here are the product claims:

•Clears acne – I don’t have acne, but I didn’t have any breakouts .

•Conceals imperfections – this is light coverage. Not a bad thing if you plan on setting it with a powder or powder foundation. It didn’t do anything for dark circles or redness. I still had to use a concealer for that.

•Minimizes look of pores – did a really good job at minimizing the appearance of pores. My pores are HUGE, so that it quite an accomplishment. It made my skin look soft and smooth.

•Reduces appearance of redness – As I previously stated, I don’t have acne, but I do have redness. It didn’t do anything to diminish or eliminate that.

•Adjusts to skin tone – The color “light” was a great match. It did seem to "adjust" to my skin tone.

•Hydrates and smoothes – Why on earth they would want this product to hydrate is beyond me. I bought this hoping it would keep oiliness at bay. I would assume that anyone who bought a foundation for the salicylic acid and acne fighting properties didn’t need or want a moisturizing product.

•Enhances and clarifies skin – I can’t review this aspect, because I didn’t have any skin troubles other than extreme oiliness.

•Is oil-free, with a lightweight feel – It feels greasy when rubbed between fingers, and has an almost dewy finish. It felt tacky for at least 30 minutes. Again. Those of us with oily skin sure as hell don’t need any more shine. I have to wait too long before I can set it with powder. It’s not lightweight. I’ve tried to wear it with and without powder and I can still feel the tackiness on my face.

Overall, not as good as I hoped it would be. The coverage is nice, but it feels tacky and wears off fairly quick. I had to blot and retouch way too often throughout the day. The salicylic acid did nothing to control the oil or keep the shine at bay. It feels exactly like a tinted moisturizer. This would probably work for someone with acne and normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Maria1926

Absolutely love this product! I've tried the expensive brand bb creams as well as the pricey foundations and nothing comes close to this bb cream! It erases all of my blackheads and blemishes that are visible without it. I use it over too faced primed and poreless primer and I'm set for the entire day! Will definitely purchase again! I like this better than their regular bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite BB cream I've tried and the only one thats been a match to my very fair skin. I have this in the lightest shade and its perfect. The product gives a very moisturizing feeling to the skin and I love how it has break out fighting ingredients as well cause I am acne prone. It can cling to dry spots but as long as you use a good moisturizer you'll be fine. Its a great product for the summer though because it gives light coverage and a dewy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Note that I have only used this once since buying it yesterday. Feelings may change over time. As for now here is my review.

I am very impressed overall. The coverage is feels lightweight on my skin and very buildable to a nice medium coverage. I've been looking for a BB cream for a while and this one really grabbed my attention when it said it had salicylic acid in it. I was so excited because I've been sweating more and my face is breaking out more.

I think it did a pretty good job in evening out my skin tone and I find that hard to do since I have lots of redness and uneven skin tones. I applied it with a small stippling brush. I have a keloid on the side of my nose and I like to try to liberally cover it and it does an OK job on covering the redness of it.

I bought this in light/medium and it's a little dark but I bought it for summer so I'll darken a bit and it will match. I didn't want to get light because it looked too pink and I didn't want to be pink faced. I have a problem with Maybelline foundations doing that.

So far this BB cream has worked wonders. I don't know if it really clears blimishes but I hope it does.

I don't really know my skin type. My T zone is the only thing that gets oily so I really can't tell you what my opinion is on skin types it would work with best. Good luck ladies. I loved this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by fbags1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was good to start with but now I seem to be getting alot of blackheads on my forehead and clogged pores. This is the only thing I can put it down to. Colour is good and keep me matte for most of the day. Smells ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by chelseea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does everything it claims to