July 24, 2014 | 1966 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

A nice alternative to makeup, when I only need to cover a little. Recently bought it. I'm NC 15 and bought the Fair one. Dries quite matte.

- spf 15, not high enough but at least something
- contains salicylic acid
- covers a little
- quite easy to spread out
- cheap

The cons are:

- you can't use it around the eyes cause of the salicylic acid
- too low spf if you have hyperpigmentations like me

Still not sure if it will break me out, Dimethicone usually does and this contains it high up in the list! I can stand cyclopentasiloxane.... but Dimethicone is harder.

Will update.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly I think the packaging looks very cheap.
How ever the price is cheap so I thought it's worth a try.
Unfortunately coverage not good enough for my slightly blotchy skin, I still felt I needed 'something else on' which defeats the object of a bb cream was they are supposed to be a one coat wonder which you can wear alone.
Will not buy again, there are a lot of really good bb creams for a similar price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tay10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For everyday use this product is great. I never leave for work without face powder (when I am lazy) or foundation. I was sceptical about BB creams in general, I mean there's foundation so what's the need to another product. Well I got this at a stock clearance and have had great results with Maybelline's wonder finish foundation. However, I don't know whether they have stopped manufacturing "wonder finish" or it has been replaced by something else but I can't find it anywhere. So I thought let's try this what's the harm and it's from a brand I can trust.

Pros:
- Light weight on face. (seriously it's like putting moisturiser)
- Little goes a long way (a small amount of product can cover most of the face)
- Great for everyday use
- Evens out skin tone
- small package so can carry anywhere

Cons
- Doesn't cover spots/ pimples/ marks..etc

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kjelin01

This bb cream is thin and have a light coverage,which i like. I am very fair,but it suits me.
I haven´t noticed that it would be good for acne, but it doesn´t matter,because I only want a "daycream" coverage for a good price, nad that´s what i got.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by bumblebemz

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream definitely isn't as good as it's cracked up to be. The Asian BB creams are so much better. I have combination/acne prone skin and it's not very good at controlling the oil - in fact, my face gets oilier when I wear this than when I am wearing no makeup. It works ok as a base for powder, but combined with liquid foundation, it's a disaster.

Also note that it's quite pinky purple toned, really not well suited to those with olive or yellow toned skin like me. While it claims to be colour adjusting, I can't wear it by itself because it give my face a weird purple tint, so I have to wear powder too. Not good. This product really isn't anything special!

I have just purchased a Korean BB cream instead - Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream - and it's so much better! More matte yet still moisturising, SPF 42, and comes in a much wider variety of colours - AND it actually does adjust to your skin tone.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the bb/cc cream I've used that has the best coverage yet. but it still wasn't able to cover all the pimple's redness (though it did cover a little) but if you're far away you won't be able to see the pimples. the color is my skin tone as well! I really like this and would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by katenorman17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a few weeks ago on Amazon for around £8 because I had heard amazing things about it from various places. It comes in a tube, and honestly it doesn't contain that much, but I was surprised because it turns out you do not need much. Its moisturising and I really like it. It holds my powder really well, and the product doesn't irritate/break out my skin.

Obviously, its a BB cream, so not maximum coverage at all, but is very good for general day to day school use; it gives my skin a glow and some colour. I also wear it under foundation when I go out, it acts as a base and works really well. Also, it contains salicylic acid which helps fight spots - I found that it does help spots that are already on your face but it doesn't stop new spots... Well, I didn't have any new spots but I am not a particularly spotty person, so I don't really know about that bit. But it does contain SPF 15 which is always a good thing!

When I take my makeup off in the evening, its all still there which is good, however the oil control isn't amazing, I haven't noticed anything drastic happening; I still have to re apply powder at lunch time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sthompson0109

I've had problems with BB creams before where I would break out after wearing it. Even with regular face washing and care this product, as with other BB creams had made me break out. I thought that because I use Fit Me concealer I wouldn't have a problem, but I did sadly. Other than acne I did like this product, the colour concealed well enough if I didn't have breakouts, and my skin had felt great. Sadly there is just something in BB creams that isn't great for some skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emilymakeupuk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this!
I have oily skin and can never find a bb cream that matches my skin colour and type until I found this! It stays on really well and combats greasy skin perfectly!
My old bb cream what rimmel and I found their colours were really orangey for my skin and wouldn't rub in well. It would just sit on my skin in patches.
It smells sort of chemically (which is normal for maybelline products) but not in a bad way and blends really well.
The coverage is perfect as it smooths out my skin tone without being too thick or heavy. It works really well with my maybelline baby skin primer and helps cover my blemishes.
Overall I would definitely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by SineadJamii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this BB cream!

MY STORY:
I have pale, oily skin that is prone to break outs. It is normally really hard to find skin products that match my skin tone and colour, that give enough coverage without looking cakey or making me look pasty or orange. Also since I am oily I need something that will either combat the oiliness itself or last through it. Also TBH, this is the only BB cream I have ever used. The reason I wanted to try a BB cream was for every day use, so that I didn't have to use a foundation. I was also sick of trying out foundations that claimed to be lightweight but felt gross and heavy. Or pale colours that oxidized on my skin and turned orange-y. Or made me look washed out and even more pasty (think halloween paint).

THE PRODUCT:
I have this BB cream in both light and medium. The light colour matches my natural skin colour perfectly. It doesn't oxidize at all, it isn't orange in any way at all and it doesn't look cakey. The coverage is amazing! It makes my skin look so perfectly natural. It doesn't sit in my pores or make them noticeable at all. I do use a primer which helps as well. The salicylic acid also helps control, treat and/or prevent any break outs. It also doesn't cause break outs itself.
The BB cream is also really easy to use and blend; you also don't need a lot. I use one squeeze, dot it around my face and blend it out/in with a damp beauty blender. There isn't much of a smell, not a noticeable one at least. The finish is 'natural'; it isn't matte nor particularly dewy. I do set it with a powder since i am so oily, and prefer this look and help but drier skin types may not need to do so. When wearing this BB cream it doesn't look heavy nor cakey. The medium colour is what I use when I wear fake tan. It is a smidge too light sometimes when I do fake tan but with bronzer it is sorted.

THE PACKAGING:
I like the ease of having a squeezy tube; it is so convenient. The package can be stored without fear of leaks or it breaking, you can also get to all of the product easily. It is also very easy to travel with.

THE PRICE:
Since I am in Australia the price is at a medium point. It is just under $20, which for a BB cream I at first thought was a bit expensive. However, it is almost always on sale and lasts a fairly long time. I do think it is worth the price.

SUMMARY:
I love this BB cream. I use it every day. I love how lightweight it is, how soft it is on my skin, how long it lasts and how flawless it makes my skin look. If you have oily skin you will need a primer and to set it with either powder, a setting spray or both. It wont last as long without them. It is quite a good coverage but not nearly as much as a foundation, obviously. But I don't mind, since it's like your skin but better. You could wear it all by itself and also as part of a full face - it can hold its own either way. I am now on my third tube of the light colour and will continue to repurchase this. I would also recommend it to people with fair skin; once they have it in darker shades then I would recommend it to all.