December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in the search for a good BB Cream and after doing some research I decided to give this one a try.
The availability of this product is great. You can find it at pretty mush any drug store/market.
I bought the lightest shade available in this product, but it was still far to dark for me. It oxidized on my skin and became very orange colored. Though, my skin is more pale than most, the level of oxidation was surprising. It was unwearable due to the coloration difference.
Also, this BB Cream caused my skin to break out, which was a complete deal beaker. If you have sensitive skin, use caution.
In the end, I found a BB Cream from a different brand that is much better suited to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to decide on 1 bb cream to buy, this had the highest review so I decided on this. It is the perfect colour maybe a little bit dark (I bought the light) but during summer it will match my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Andtaylorr

Love this bb cream! I have really oily skin and I wore this all day in the sun and had water misters go onto my face and it didn't streak, smudge, or rub off! It looked amazing. The coverage is build able to sheer to medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by juliackendall

I recently stopped using foundation. It was a huge change for me. I decided to swap my foundation for some kind of BB cream, and kinda bought this product on a whim. It's gentler on my acne and doesn't make me break out. In fact the texture of my skin has improved. The coverage could be better, but with a good concealer it's perfect. Before this product I was using a foundation that supposedly was good for acne. I noticed a huge difference in my acne once I used this BB cream. This product won't get rid of your acne, but it certainly won't make it worse, and it gives your skin a little boost I think. All in all this is a great product!! So happy I made the switch!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to the store to buy more of the regular Dream Fresh BB, and saw this one. Salacylic acid? Since I'm an adult with the skin of a 13 year old, I figured that could help me out, and I tossed it in my basket without a thought.

However, heartbreak at home: I realized this didn't have sunscreen in it. Bahhhh, isn't that one of the biggest selling points of these BB creams? I loved the original Dream Fresh BB because I could carry it in my bag and use it as my face sunscreen for summer days. Dream Pure BB doesn't offer that ease of use; I'm back to having to layer multiple items (sunscreen and Dream Pure BB). To me, this product defeats the purpose of a BB cream--ya know, only having to put one product on your face (other than powder, if you want). UGH.

Other than that problem (which to me, is a deal-breaker for repurchase), the formula is good. It is definitely thicker than the original Dream Fresh BB, and--in my opinion--has better coverage but still feels like happy nothingness on my face. I saw some reviews saying this was orange, but I did not have that problem...then again, I don't use a whole bunch of this product. Maybe if I slathered a lot on, I'd have a problem? Dream Pure BB lasts decently for the day (6~8 hours) as long as I'm inside; I haven't tested it outdoors for long amounts of time, but it did fine during a 40 minute afternoon walk in the Texas summer heat, so there's that. I'm not entirely sure it's helping with any acne I have, but I will say it's not hurting the problem, either. My face has continued with its own mildly hateful agenda, irregardless of the product.

If it were wintertime and the days were stuck in perpetual cloudiness, I'd probably have no problem with this. To me, however, BB cream = lazy day make-up. An included SPF is essential for lazy summer make-up here. If you are the type of person who has ill reactions to sunscreens, though, then this is a stellar product to use! For my personal uses, it just didn't fit the bill, though. Not at all a bad product, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best BB's I have ever tried! I bought the shade medium which was still somewhat light. Not a very good selection of colors and I'm not dark at all. Any-who, the coverage is pretty darn good! I dab it on with a powder brush and it creates a nice natural looking finish. It's not sparkly at all which is a plus. The wear ability is pretty good for a bb cream. Of course I apply a loose finishing powder along with a makeup setting spray. I fell asleep with it once and I didn't wake up shinny or broken out which is what usually happens when I fall asleep with any other make up. I haven't noticed any new breakouts which is great! I actually see preexisting drying up. A bit of flaking where the old blemishes are. I'm very satisfied with this product! I like it a lot. I've discarded my old foundation and decided to stick to this for now. I've been using this for a week now and it's been wonderful! Very happy! I've also noticed that it does a nice job concealing some of my problem pores. Covers some ol acne Scars as well. I really enjoy this product

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by makeupobsessed9

I loved this product when I first used it, because it had an amazing coverage compared to other BB creams and still felt really light on my skin. But what I wanted was more of a natural finish, which I feel this doesn't have. I set it with a matte finishing powder and I was angry when it only lasted about 4 hours before I turned into an oily mess. But well, it's a BB cream after all. I was okay with having to touch up every few hours. And then, after a week of using it I realized that my skin was breaking out everywhere. I'm so angry because it matched my skin tone perfectly, and I haven't found any BB creams that match so well. And it has this weird smell, which my little brother named "a combination between alcohol and cat pee". Which was exactly what I was thinking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first BB cream, and I'm hooked! I don't wear a lot of makeup because I have acne prone skin. I figured I'd try this for some light coverage because it's supposed to help with acne. I haven't notice any great reduction of pimples, but then again, I do use 2 prescription acne meds for that. It goes on evenly with fingers or a brush. I prefer a brush for minimizing the look of pores. It really does a good job of covering redness and evening my very uneven skin tone. I use the "Light to Medium" shade, and I set it with e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder (mostly on the t-zone where I usually get shiny). Then I add some color using e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Brozer (in St. Lucia). It's a quick and inexpensive beauty regimen that I'm happy to add to my morning routine! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by angelica03martinez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the coverage it gives and the texture and overall how well it feels but I wish the color matched me better it does have a variety of colors but I wish they were warmer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kategrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't fault the product. I have very oily cheeks and forehead, but my nose and chin are very dry. This kept my oils at bay (without using a powder) and didn't dry out my dry areas throughout the day! It is a light comfortable coverage and dries to a semi-matte finish, it does't feel like you are wearing anything at all! It doesn't hurt that the packaging is also super cute :) I don't really have any blemishes so I cannot say if the salicylic acid had much effect. Over all a flawless every day, super cheap bb cream.