September 16, 2014 | 1988 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard all the buzz about these on YouTube and since I do enjoy the Revlon Balmstains I figured I'd check these out as well. So far I only have Cranberry Crush but I truly do love it. It feels great on my lips, not dry or sticky. It's just a very comfortable feel. In addition I think the color is beautiful and I'm headed to Walgreens tomorrow to pick up another color or two. My only complaint would be that I do notice more transfer with this than with the Revlon Balmstains, but it's less than a gloss or a lipstick would be so it's something I'm totally fine with. I waited for about two weeks for Cranberry Crush to be in stock and I honestly I think it was pretty worth the wait. The gloss does fade as does the color, but it still leaves you with a hint of a beautiful cranberry color. Not too much for a minimal makeup day look but pretty enough for a night out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I purchased this in honey love. Its become my everyday MLBB shade. Its sort of a mauvey dark pink color. What I like most about this is the color stays true, it doesnt get darker or brighter like the revlon balm stains. Its very easy to apply and feels comfortable on my lips, not too drying and not too thin. It lasts a few hours with normal eating and drinking. For $3.00 you cant go wrong with these.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two of these at my local Walgreens recently and thought I'd share my impression. Let me start by saying that it is extremely rare to find these items in stock at any of the three Walgreens in my town and I can see why. These balms are awesome! The colors I picked up were Rock n Rouge and Cranberry Crush. Rock n Rouge is a very bright red- think popsicles or Icees. One coat is enough to give you a sheer wash of red. Two coats gives you a "look at me" pop of color, which I love. Cranberry Crush is a darker, berry red. It's a great color for a night out. Wear time is about average for a balm- you'll probably be reapplying every few hours. Now, the moisturizing part of this balm stain is not to be outdone by the color. These balms provide amazing hydration. My lips have been getting very dried out lately and my Jordana have helped keep the cracking to a minimum. They also provide a slight sheen to the lips when initially applied. Honestly I can't say enough good things about these products. Best part is they only retail for $2.99! The only thing that may turn some people off is the scent. There is a very strong artificial fruit scent when you first apply that takes a while to go away. If anyone has ever owned a Strawberry Shortcake doll, that gives you a good idea about the smell. I don't mind it personally, but it's something to be aware of if you're sensitive to smell. All in all, I'm really liking these and will definitely be getting more. I want to get my mitts on a Candied Coral haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by tweetyli1

I wanted a peachy balm-like lip color and saw these at Walgreen's. I'd never seen them before so only tried the 04 Candied Coral for starters. It is so moisturizing and easy to apply. My lips are quite dry and flaky this week so I was surprised at how smoothly it went on. Some of the other lip stains I've tried are dry like a marker, but not this brand. I didn't notice a smell or taste. It is a light stain and won't last forever but for the price (under $3 I think) is a great buy. I am finding that the older I get the more youthful my lips look with a balm vs. lipstick. The pencil is easy to hold and draw on the lip line too...a winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by aonusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I REALLY wanted to love this product. I mean, REALLY.

The colors that I got (Terra Crave and Honey Chic) each turned a completely different, unflattering pinkish-peach color on my lips a few seconds after application. On my hands, the swatches look fine, but on the lips was another story.

The same thing happened with the Revlon balm stains. I've never had a problem with the Clinique Chubby Sticks, so maybe it's just something in cheaper products like this that mess with the pigmentation in my lips.

However, I really did like the price and the packaging. Even if I had to return mine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked three of these up today at Walgreens. I have been wearing sweet pink for a couple hours now and although the lip balm is gone the color is still there. These are amazing! And highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

For the price and quality, these are such a great value. I've heard that Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are a great dupe for Tarte's Lip Surgence and I have all of those, but these are better because they don't have the drying peppermint and feel a lot more like a balm. Just wish they had SPF. I also like the colors of these better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 4 of these and I LUUUUUURVE them! (The other 4 shades were out of stock and I have them on order).
The kid in me rejoices at the crayon like appearance and as a geek, I adore the twist up base mechanism - no waste either, which is always a bonus. The formula is a dream; slick, smooth, not waxy, moisturizing and smells faintly like fruit candy. Yum.
The stick of balm itself is quite firm, you can use it several times before the point even begins to blunt and you only require a small amount for each application. You can layer it to intensify the colour or just swipe on lightly for a gentle tint. The colour lasts really well, especially if you've worked the colour into your lips a bit - it's 2.30pm as I write this and there is still faint colour left from my initial application at 8am this morning. It lasted OK through eating lunch, though it has faded quite a bit (evenly at least) and could do with refreshing. For a $4 product, that is amazing performance and value!
Honey Love - a pinky mauve shade, very wearable, a bit more intense that MLBB on me
Cranberry Crush - a gorgeous plummy berry, probably my favourite!
Tropical Frenzy - vivid, cool coral pink, quite bright
Rock N Rouge - clean, sheer red
All apply evenly and semi sheerly and can be layered for added intensity and lasting power. Light, inoffensive sweet fragrance, no taste.
My only (teeny, tiny) little gripe is that the lids don't "click" shut - they seem to stay on OK in my makeup bag (so far, touch wood) but the lid just seems to pull on and off without actually snapping shut completely securely, like a lipstick would.
Will be ordering these for all my close friends as well, they are just so fun!
More colours please Jordana!
EDIT - got the other shades!
Terra Crave is a natural, russet based neutral, not too peachy or brown with just enough pink in it to look flattering.
Candied Coral - the tube is very neon, the product itself is still bright but wearable. Lovely corally pink, very vivid.
Sweet Pink, medium, bright blue based pink, with a slightly dusky tone.
Nude Chic - great neutral toned nude, the colour itself has amazing depth but this also has fine silver shimmer and I'm not sure why... am undecided on whether this is a good thing or completely unnecessary as it appears to be the only shade in the range with shimmer.
Overall, I love these!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love these. I have the red, nude, honey, terra crave- great shades for me. They are super easy to apply, moisturize and give a hint of color. The red (rock n rouge?) is a great shade for those who are dipping a toe into the world of wearing red lip color. It gives a wonderful suggestion of red color on the lips, but isn't "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY RED LIPS!".

I would highly recommend you pick these up and I will buy some backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Breana529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I happened upon these suckers when I was perusing my local Walgreen's make-up counter. I hadn't heard of these products before or even knew if they would be decent, but for $2.99, I had to try them out. I have small lips and so often times I am slightly disappointed with how different lip products look like on my lips. So, I have been staring at the Revlon kissable balm stains every time I walk into a drugstore, but I can never bring myself to spend almost $10 on a lip product I may or may not like. That being said, I tried the Jordana Twist and Shine moisturizing balm stains, and I have to say, I LOVE THEM. I want all of the colors. These are super pigmented and really do leave stain on your lips, hours after one application. The one thing I will say is that these can be a little drying (like all lip stains), so I like to apply a lip balm before I apply these to my lips and then carry a lip gloss in my purse for any time I feel my lips are getting a bit dry. These are perfect for working women. Your lips have color all day and Jordana has great colors! I have Candied Coral and Sweet Pink. I love them both! Sweet Pink is very work appropriate. Ok, that was long winded; I know. Now, go out and get you some!