April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

It looks like death, and it's drying. The only way I can wear it is when I swipe pink gloss over it. It think it looked better when they put it on me at the counter, but I'm still not sure what I was thinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is fantastic on me, an amped up version of my own lip color, a muted pink-beige color with a slight lavender cast. The formula is very creamy, but a tad drying. It dries to a matte finish which I love. I just recently discovered MAC lipsticks, and so far this color and Cherish (a peachy-nude color) are my favorites. I like the color, but it doesn't quite satisfy my need for the perfect pinky-nude, so I'll keep looking... Until I find it I'll keep buying Viva Glam II.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Elif89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick without even swatching it.. Just because Makeupbyleinabaaaby on youtube seemed to love it and it looked very good on her. We have the same skincolor so i thought it would look good on me too.
I was hoping it would be my go to nude lippie, but it really washes me out and its a really unflattering and dull color in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this color is ok but not a favorite. i love the texture/consistency/staying power of satins. i prefer faux to this, which is pinker, so when i run out, i will stick 2 that instead. i would describe it as a nude pinkish/brown & i can see it lookin like death on some people but with my skin tone i can pull this off as a nude. goes good with whirl l/l.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by TEERIBS

This was my first MAC lipstick and I was so excited when I saw how beautiful the color look when swatched on my hand. It was a cross between a nude, pink with mauve undertones--so I assumed it would be just the right NUDE-y natural shade I was looking for, perfect for everyday use, AND easy to play up.

I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. While the color payoff IS intense, it ends up washing me out. For some reason, it looks completely different swatched, as it does on my lips. I have a medium, olive complexion, so it's a struggle to find a good natural looking nude. But I can't imagine this color would look flattering on ANY complexion, even people with fair skin.

Also, this formula, like most others have said, is incredibly drying.

I find that using rose salve, or gloss as a base and topcoat for this color is enough to mute the harsh greyness of it, but then totally distorsts the color which defeats the purpose of buying this lipstick, which I FOR SURE won't be doing again.

So disappointing.
But like most of you have pointed out, proceeds go to charity, so I'm glad my $14 wasn't a total waste.

I am currently in the process of DESPERATELY trying to use this all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I really like this color. Is just a perfect light color for those days you don't exactly want a neutral nude but a light color with a little light plummy tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Miratira

Colour comes out ashy on my lips, I think it's the plum undertones, also it's too dark for me...I wish there was a lighter colour in the viva glam collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaM

I understand how people can like this lipstick. As with most nude lipsticks, your skin tone and natural lip pigmintation are heavy factors in the undertones you pull from this color. I am an NW 25, and this looks grayish pink on me - mostly gray. I have not woren this much. On bad days I catch a glimpse of myself and think, "I can't believe I bought this." On my brave days, I wear it with nymphette or Viva Glam VI gloss and smoky eyes and try not to dwell on what I look like. It's just not a great shade on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam II swatches looked lovely on my hand, a muted rosy pink. It does have some subtle shimmer, which isn't really noticeable. However, when I applied it to my lips, I looked too pale for my liking. Also, it's satin formula can be quite drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just doesn't work with my skintone--I'm a fair NW15 with pigmented lips. Just turns greyish brown on my lips. I'm using it up, slapping some gloss over it.