July 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great nude color for me, as I am around an NC30. It's very creamy and I love how opaque it is. Normally the nude colors are to pink for me and make me look like a hoochie but not with this one because it's more beige than pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

For the longest time I was going to exchange this color for VGV and never got around to it. Last week I pulled it back out since it's just sitting there, I might as well use it. I like the color, it's a muted pink beige and the mac website says it has shimmer in it but there is none that I see. This matches my natural lip color dead on. This color is alot like VGV I mean alot like it. (on me anyway). If your looking for an alternative the new Mary Kay lip nectar in coconut is a very VERY close dupe. The price isn't much different ($1 actually) However the mk one is limited edition! Will possibly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are nc30 or darker and would like to look like a corpse this is the color for you. It not only dried my lips out but made me look like i was dead. I adore nude lips but this one more than washed me out, it made me look sickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by allsouldoubt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was originally turned off by this color. But I put this over Spice l/l & I really like it. Its a nude color on my tan skin w/ peach/pinky undertones. I'd wear this everyday. I don't think this color is for everyone, but the pigmentation is great, not too drying, and worth every penny...it's worth a try tho!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

It looks like death, and it's drying. The only way I can wear it is when I swipe pink gloss over it. It think it looked better when they put it on me at the counter, but I'm still not sure what I was thinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is fantastic on me, an amped up version of my own lip color, a muted pink-beige color with a slight lavender cast. The formula is very creamy, but a tad drying. It dries to a matte finish which I love. I just recently discovered MAC lipsticks, and so far this color and Cherish (a peachy-nude color) are my favorites. I like the color, but it doesn't quite satisfy my need for the perfect pinky-nude, so I'll keep looking... Until I find it I'll keep buying Viva Glam II.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Elif89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick without even swatching it.. Just because Makeupbyleinabaaaby on youtube seemed to love it and it looked very good on her. We have the same skincolor so i thought it would look good on me too.
I was hoping it would be my go to nude lippie, but it really washes me out and its a really unflattering and dull color in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this color is ok but not a favorite. i love the texture/consistency/staying power of satins. i prefer faux to this, which is pinker, so when i run out, i will stick 2 that instead. i would describe it as a nude pinkish/brown & i can see it lookin like death on some people but with my skin tone i can pull this off as a nude. goes good with whirl l/l.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by TEERIBS

This was my first MAC lipstick and I was so excited when I saw how beautiful the color look when swatched on my hand. It was a cross between a nude, pink with mauve undertones--so I assumed it would be just the right NUDE-y natural shade I was looking for, perfect for everyday use, AND easy to play up.

I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. While the color payoff IS intense, it ends up washing me out. For some reason, it looks completely different swatched, as it does on my lips. I have a medium, olive complexion, so it's a struggle to find a good natural looking nude. But I can't imagine this color would look flattering on ANY complexion, even people with fair skin.

Also, this formula, like most others have said, is incredibly drying.

I find that using rose salve, or gloss as a base and topcoat for this color is enough to mute the harsh greyness of it, but then totally distorsts the color which defeats the purpose of buying this lipstick, which I FOR SURE won't be doing again.

So disappointing.
But like most of you have pointed out, proceeds go to charity, so I'm glad my $14 wasn't a total waste.

I am currently in the process of DESPERATELY trying to use this all up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I really like this color. Is just a perfect light color for those days you don't exactly want a neutral nude but a light color with a little light plummy tone.