Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 8/13/2014 9:25:00 PM

I bought this for days when I wake up late and in a hurry. Just some quick swipes and blending with fingers and I would be set. I also hoped it would help my oily t-zone. It really didn't help me stay shine free at all and I also didn't like the feel of it. It's not as heavy as other products but you definitely know it's there and it feels as if it'll rub off if I touch my face. The color payoff I did like. I wasn't looking for something full coverage just something that evened out my skin and this did that. It helped erase my pores and it covered my dark circles extremely well, better than any other product I've ever used actually. I can deal with it not keeping me shine free but the feel of it I can't ignore. It feels as if it'll rub off and it does rub off when I blot which I've never had happen with other products. I would not repurchase. And may I add, I have tried setting it with powder. It does keep it a bit more shine controlled, but does not help with the rubbing off.

on 8/12/2014 12:40:00 PM

I've bought this when I ran out of my usual matte foundation. It's alright - better for contouring than anything else in my opinion. Despite how it says there is no 'shine' I did see a shine after a few hours of wearing.

on 8/12/2014 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So far so good ladies!
I've been looking into contouring lately and I've tried powders but honestly for me, it doesn't work. I feel like when I use powder, whether its bronzer or contouring it lasts for a couple of hours and that's about it.

Looking at videos on youtube I noticed a lot of people were using foundation sticks or creams to contour so I knew it was the best choice for me. I fell on Maybelline Fit Me foundation and I decided to try it. I was a happy camper because it was on special for 5.99 SO I got the foundation in GOLDEN BEIGE and one of the darkest colors is CAPPUCINO to contour.

I just tried it for the first time this morning and I ABSOLUTELY love it. I normally use highly priced foundations such as Laura Mercier, Urban Decay however this really does the job.

I have very good skin but i'm prone to dry skin. The finishing is matte, light weight and flawless. I love how it's a stick because you can really work with it, especially for contourning.

I apply golden beige all over and blended it with a stippling brush. I've had it on for a couple of hours and it still looks pretty good. Just remember, it's all in how you apply it and what brushes you use.

I'm exicited to use this over the weekend to do the whole contouring routine and see how it turns out. I did it a bit on my cheeks and it looks great.

I applied my blush and then put a bit of shimmer powder on my cheeks and I really liked the overall results.

I suggest it to everyone, for a drugstore product it's worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin which sometimes can get flaky in areas. I had a feeling this wouldn't work for my skin type, because I have heard that most stick foundations tend to be thick and cakey. This foundation was very hard for me to blend, and emphasized my dry patches more than anything I have ever put on my face. I got this in the colour ivory and it had a very strange pink tone to it, which looked ridiculous against my olive skin. Price was fairly cheap ($13au on sale). In my opinion, this foundation could work well for combo/oily skin, but for dry skin girls... avoid this foundation at all costs, save your money for something worth buying.

on 8/9/2014 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've been using this foundation stick for quite awhile, i still do. My first impression of this foundation stick were very doubtful but as soon as i started to use and then ran out, i immediately had to go buy it again! It's amazing since i have medium to mild oily skin, it doesn't look cakey and keeps my face looking matte all day. It was very warm here in New York City I would say about 85 degrees and it didn't seem to be melting or fading away. Although, one con of this foundation stick would be sometimes my face appears shiny but its not the bad kind, unless you like the dewy look. Lastly, I would definitely recommend this stick foundation to those with oily skin, it has a very great matte finish and a variety of color selections!

on 8/5/2014 11:45:00 AM

This foundation fit my skin tone perfectly! I love how easy it is to apply, thanks to the stick. In my case this stick had medium coverage, and sadly only stayed on for 1-4 hours. This foundation clings to dry spots, and can give you a scaly look in well moisturized places. I would suggest this foundation if you have trouble finding your tone in others, or if you want a cheap price and a satisfying product.

on 8/3/2014 2:18:00 AM

Personally I really don't like this product. I bought it thinking it would be good because of their advertising. When I used it it was very very cakey on my skin and had a horrible feel to it when on my skin. It felt very thick and heavy on my face and it shows off every little mark on your face in full detail. I will not be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I've had this product for a few months now, but I've been so on the fence about it that I've been putting off writing a review.

I've really been using it as more of a concealer than a foundation except on days when I get really oily, then I use it on my entire T-zone. It doesn't last through a school day though. Maybe 3-4 hours at best, even after setting with Neutrogena's translucent powder. Either that or the shade (#220 for me) is just so perfect I don't even know whether it's there anymore. I'm not a huge fan of the way the cream dries either, but it might be because I'm lazy and I blend with my fingers and not a brush or something.

It's not the worst thing out there (it's actually very convenient in terms of the twist up stick design and it's portability, especially being a high school student who doesn't always have time to do her makeup in the morning...) but I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

on 8/2/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Firstly, I want to give this product three and a half stars, which you cannot do, so just be aware. It is better than a three, but not quite a four.

This product has a lovely creamy consistency to it, without being oily. My skin is oily and this product did not react badly to my skin. For those who have tried the liquid foundation they will know it is runny and even slightly oily, but this product is very different in that sense, and has a lovely creamy finish.

The colour range is also great. I have very fair skin and bought this in 115 Ivory because I also like to give my skin some colour - and the product was not orange and suited my skin great. I like the liquid foundation but I've noticed the colours do not match as well as this product.

I do have acne prone skin, and I do have pimples and scars which need covering and sadly this product does not cover acne and scarring alone. It is a very nice light to medium coverage foundation, and you will need a decent concealer if you want to cover your imperfections.

This product has not caused further break outs as of yet, but if it does I will provide an update. Also, this product is very cheap in AUS, about $16. I would recommend.

on 8/2/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in 120 Classic Ivory. I like how this stuff feels when it goes on, but it starts to feel oily after a while. I also had an issue with it oxidizing and turning orange on my forehead and simultaneously getting cakey.

The packaging is very convenient.

Currently I don't think I would buy it again but I'm going to keep playing with it, to see if there's a better way to use it on my skin.

Popular Stick Foundations