Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 8/2/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Firstly, I want to give this product three and a half stars, which you cannot do, so just be aware. It is better than a three, but not quite a four.

This product has a lovely creamy consistency to it, without being oily. My skin is oily and this product did not react badly to my skin. For those who have tried the liquid foundation they will know it is runny and even slightly oily, but this product is very different in that sense, and has a lovely creamy finish.

The colour range is also great. I have very fair skin and bought this in 115 Ivory because I also like to give my skin some colour - and the product was not orange and suited my skin great. I like the liquid foundation but I've noticed the colours do not match as well as this product.

I do have acne prone skin, and I do have pimples and scars which need covering and sadly this product does not cover acne and scarring alone. It is a very nice light to medium coverage foundation, and you will need a decent concealer if you want to cover your imperfections.

This product has not caused further break outs as of yet, but if it does I will provide an update. Also, this product is very cheap in AUS, about $16. I would recommend.

on 8/2/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this in 120 Classic Ivory. I like how this stuff feels when it goes on, but it starts to feel oily after a while. I also had an issue with it oxidizing and turning orange on my forehead and simultaneously getting cakey.

The packaging is very convenient.

Currently I don't think I would buy it again but I'm going to keep playing with it, to see if there's a better way to use it on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The foundation itself does not wow me. It has medium coverage and a nice texture, but it needs to be reapplied every 3 or 4 hours, even with a good primer underneath. I am lucky, though, because it happens that the Fit Me line includes my most perfect color match ever--I got this in #220 "Natural Beige" for reference--which makes this foundation stick THE most practical, convenient product ever. I can swipe it on during my morning commute and blend with my fingers and know I won't have any obvious lines. However, because I know color match isn't something to rate the quality of a product on, I'm taking off 2 lippies.
Bottom line: the stick makes this a great product to keep in your purse for touch ups, but this will never be my go-to foundation since its staying power is horrendous.

EDIT: I forgot I had this. I started using it again the other day and I think the stick itself must have oxidized because it is NOT the same color as it was when I bought it. Threw it away.

on 7/22/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my 2nd tube, I like this a lot. the packaging is cute and simple and is so easy to apply. The only downside I see is that it fades pretty quickly. This foundation is so light and perfect for summer.

on 7/10/2014 5:18:00 PM

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Sheer to medium coverage unlike many foundation sticks which provide full coverage.
2. Matte but still very natural looking.
3. Wide variety of shades so you could own some to contour and highlight.
4. Very easy to blend with fingers or a brush.
5. Reasonably priced
6. Portable and convenient for touch ups.

I use the shade 220 for my NC30 skin and it looks great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this product was amazing for my super oily, acne prone skin. it stayed all day (even in heat!) and kept me matte for a long time. it is a great foundation, I love it!

on 7/3/2014 8:39:00 AM

I have suffered from Rosacea for 40 years and have been searching endlessly for a foundation that does not make me break out, and ladies, this is it. This product stays on, doesn't clog pores, no breakouts. I am sixty years old and its been a long time coming. Stay away from all powders, bare minerals, Cover Fx etc they will make your rosacea crazy. Bismuth oxycholoride is in most of these products a known rosacea irritant, the makers of cover fx ought to know better they are dermatologists.

Thank you Maybelline.............

on 7/2/2014 10:47:00 PM

UPDATED: I love how its really creamy and easy to blend it my skin :) really enjoying this foundation :D

Update : So as much as I like this I hate how it just broke in half

==============================================================

I got the Maybelline stick foundation in 220 , I like that its in a stick because it just glides on my face is and is easy to blend . its really good for traveling . its light coverage if you apply one application but it you add two layers then you get med- to full coverage . I apply mine with powder so leave it less shinny . I would maybe buy it again if it would make me look oily

Pros -
Glides on easy
Good for people just starting off with makeup
Last long
Covers redness really well

Cons -
Makes you look oily or shinny
Needs to be set with powder
Makes dry skin look oily
Shows pore

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation didn't break me out! The first of a few I've used. My skin is seriously acne prone (I think especially to titanium dioxide- an ingredient found in majority of foundations and powders) and this foundation didn't give me any acne! This has medium to full coverage (depends on how you apply) and is easy to blend. I don't think this kept me 'shine-free' but it didn't make me oily either. The price was reasonable ($15 Australia) but the packaging seemed a little tacky. I found my broke at the base when I brought it out with me :/
Overall I recommend this foundation and would repurchase.

on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is one of my holy grails. The actual product is great because it's the perfect amount of coverage for me (sheer-medium) and is very build able. I only have this product 4 lipsticks because I wouldn't say this is a shine free foundation because I still have to set it with a powder so I stay matte, but to me, it isn't a problem since I always set my makeup with a powder. The price would be one lipstick, but it makes no sense to me that the liquid foundation is cheaper then the stick form, even though there is less product in the stick form. Lastly the packaging isn't the greatest because the cap cracked and now the product doesn't close securely, unless I tape the cracked part. Although there are some problems with this foundation, it is still my HG because of the actual foundation.