Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 6/24/2014 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I'll admit that it is beautiful as you apply it. The color selection is great and it was a perfect match for my very fair skin. As many have said, it's super convenient to apply because of the stick form. It left my face looking natural but perfected... for about twenty or thirty minutes.

I do not have overly oily skin, and I usually have good luck with foundations lasting all day, but for some reason this formula just slides right off my face. I've tried it so many ways, looking for one to work - with moisturizer & primer, just moisturizer, just primer, and completely alone - no matter what I do, the staying power just isn't there.

I do live in the south where it's ungodly hot and humid, so I'm not sure if the climate would have something to do with it, but I've even tried it when I know I'm just going to sit around the house and it STILL doesn't last.

Also, I started to see some breakouts forming the last few times I tried to use it. Something to note if you're acne-prone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

A piece of crap. For those with already oily skin that is, nope never buying again.

on 6/20/2014 7:04:00 PM

I used to use the older version of Maybelline stick and it was a lot thicker than this. But my skin is dry and it would always settle in and look beautiful after a few hours.
This one seems just as good. Not as thick in consistency for dry skin so I added sunscreen first.
The most awesome thing about Maybelline stick is that it's soooo easy! And I always get gorgeous results! Just beautiful, don't know why I ever quit using?
First I add sunscreen and blend. Then I roll this all over and finish off with my foundation brush to smooth it out and finish up. I cant go back to regular cream makeup.
I would say for dry skin people to use a sunscreen under or moisturize first.

on 6/20/2014 3:04:00 AM

So I bought this product a few weeks back, Maybelline fit me foundation stick in porcelain. It is pretty easy to apply and blend to the face, but it was so bad on my face. It went all oily and patchy after I applied a light brush of matte powder, I tried some different powders, all look gross with this product. It went all grainy on my face and didn't last at all. It runs out fast too, I only put it around my jawline, forehead, cheeks nose and eyes and only have about 2 cm left, not much for the price, and bad quality, I wouldn't buy it again... (And yes, I've applied moisturiser and no moisturiser different times, still grainy.

Overall this is a GOOD (underline good) product, not great, not horrible. It works, but for $9 you could probably find something a bit better PROS- creamy and easy to blend easy to find your color Natural finish and light coverage the packaging is nice and easy to use quick CONS- clings to dry patches can become patchy during the day It does cling to dry patches especially if you have combo skin. it does look very natural and light on the skin which is why I like it (I don't love it however) and its also very quick and easy to put a few lines on your face and blend. Its very creamy. Again overall good, by I probably won't repurchase. And I still use from time to time

on 6/18/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible. I have aging, very oily, acne-prone skin. I do quite a bit of travelling, so this "no shine" foundation stick was a product I really wanted to love. Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations.

The foundation goes on fairly well but it feels somewhat greasy and left my face a lot dewier than I expected, even after powdering. The color match was fantastic, but within two hours I was shiny and had to blot, and by five hours it had completely disappeared. This "no shine" foundation not only was shiny, but it melted off my face almost completely before the end of the workday.

I've tried it with a primer, without a primer, and with an extra powder application. Nothing works. The coverage is barely medium, and it fades so fast it was as if I'd worn nothing at all. While this foundation stick sounded fantastic, if you have very oily skin my advice would be to stay away. It failed in both it's promise of "no shine" and in coverage.

on 6/18/2014 4:34:00 AM

A great product love the packaging and how compact it is. It easily fits in any clutch or purse. Not too pricey I purchased mine for around $17 and it's lasted me quite a while. It glides on smoothly and blends easily. This product also specialises in matte finishes and soaking up oil so it's great if you have problems with oil.
The only problem is that this products seems to soak into my skin even with primer meaning that it doesn't last long and it has a sheer coverage. Still great for a day out or lunch.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone as it has such a large range of colours and once you are matched up to a colour number it makes it easier to buy other products for the Maybelline Fit Me range.

on 6/9/2014 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The packaging on this is incredibly convenient, as I travel a lot. Unfortunately the product just doesn't work for oily skin, it seems suited for dry to normal skin types. It slides off of my face after only 2 hours, even with a primer. Color matched well though.

I bought this in the darkest shade available to use for contouring. It works amazingly for this. So well that I'm considering buying my normal shade to use it as foundation. It blends seamlessly into my skin, leaving no obvious signs of brown on my face.

I've heard it works well as a concealer as well so I may pick up a lighter shade for this purpose as well. But for now, it makes for an incredible contour!

on 6/7/2014 1:11:00 AM

I love this stuff! Works better than my benefit playstick and is waay cheaper. My new favorite foundation!