April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by taylatot

I'll be updating after I've had this longer, but as of right now, I love this product!

I decided to buy this after the liquid foundations I was trying out left me an oily mess. I got this foundation in 240, which happened to be a near-perfect match for me. So far, it blends very easily, has pretty buildable coverage, and stays more matte than the liquid Fit Me! foundation. I use a stippling brush to blend it in and set it with a pressed powder afterwards. I wouldn't recommend using this around the under eyes, because it can cause a bit of creasing. I'm taking one star off for that and because it doesn't stay matte for very long (though I am an oil slick, so I can't blame that entirely on this).

Overall: 4/5, but I'll check back if anything changes.

PROS:
Blendable
Buildable
Nice texture
Fairly smooth finish
Decent Coverage
Portable
Great Price

CONS
Doesn't stay matte
A bit of creasing around fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lizzygee0

Pros
stick form
nice color selection
reasonable price

cons
it is not shine free
feels greasy
doesn't really set well

I really wanted to like this foundation more than i do. Its really nice that its in stick form and wont spill on your clothes which is the main reason i got it.... obviously foundation is really difficult to get out of your clothes. I purchased 115 ivory and it matches my skin perfectly when i first apply it.... and then it kind of turns a little orange... not so very very orange.. just a tad but still very wearable...i applied a very thin layer let it sit and then tried to set ti with powder foundation.... it looked really nice for maybe 2-3 hours tops and really did its job but only for a short time.... after about 4 hours maybe even earlier i started sweating through my makeup which never happens to me... it was really not flattering.... my revlon colorstay does not make me sweat like that... either way this foundation has some good points. its not terrible its good for if you run out of your regular stuff.... its a backup but as far as regular use... felt really greasy :[ but i will say it looks nice i just really hate the way it feels and they way it made my face bead up ... and it made me break out

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kizzram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The shade selection for darker skin tones was not great for this product. I can get it right by mixing, but then the finish is just off. I have dry skin so this formula is just not good for me-- cakes up wayyy too easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a stick foundation that comes close to my beloved, discontinued L'Oreal Quickstick - which had a lovely powdery finish and good coverage for my pale, cool-toned skin. I had all but given up, and then I tried this on a whim. It's not exactly the same, but this product does provide nice medium coverage and (as promised) it stays relatively shine-free and budge-proof all day. I top it with a light dusting of translucent powder, but after that, I can go all day without any touch-ups or fading. I tried using it around my eyes, but even with primer it left my mascara kind of smudgy -- but, beyond that, this has turned out to be a nice, portable, low-cost option for everyday use. I just draw a few stripes on my face, let it set for a minute so the heat from my skin can soften it a bit, and then I blend it with my fingers. I end up with a smooth finish that really does last through an average day. I haven't tried it for a busy marathon day or in warmer weather, so I can't vouch for how it would hold up under more heavy-duty conditions. But, for now, this is a welcome addition to my routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Mjmj1211

I love,love,love this foundation. Although I found it a bit pricey for the small amount of this foundation,it works better than anything else I have ever used. It is, as it says, shine control which is nice,it makes it easy to use alone or with a tinted moisturizer, which is how I use it. I LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by DebSchmidt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product I'm 53 years old and it covered all my issues. except I don't get it around my eyes but it makes my face look great! I buy it at Walmart it seems to be the cheapest there. I can just throw it in my purse to do touch ups later. it blends great but you do need to put a power on after

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by 37Chevy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stick. Classic Ivory is a perfect match for my skin. I don't have oily skin so have not encountered the problems with melting foundation. I like the convenience of a stick so I can carry it in my makeup bag without worrying. All in all a great product. I hope they don't discontinue it like all the other makeup companies do with their stick formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I would like to start with some of the positives about this product. First, I found a perfect color match in the 110 shade. It is perfect for my pale, pink-undertone skin. Second, this foundation is very portable and incredibly easy to use and to blend. Third, due to the ease of application and blending, this foundation does look natural on my skin. However, I found this product to be very drying and after a few days of use, I started to notice that it emphasized the dryness of my skin that it had created while I was wearing it. It also starts to make my face itchy after a few hours of wearing it. I would not recommend using this product if you have sensitive skin like I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Cappuccino (my real color), Coconut (contour) and Sun Beige (light contour). I liked the consistency as it didn't feel like I was smearing wax on my face ( like black opal's fdtn stick) but the lasting power was a joke. Around my nose and eyes the foundation would literally melt off after 4+ hours. I hate using powder & foundation for daily use but with this I usually dusted some translucent powder on my face which didn't seem to help. The coverage was light as I still had to use my concealer with it.

It is super quick & easy to put on, but unfortunately after a week of use I noticed little bumps on my cheeks & forehead. Not zits, but just what looked like irritation bumps (I have sensitive skin btw). When I washed my face at night & woke in the morning they weren't there, the bumps would only reappear after using this. I threw out the receipt so I'll be handing this off to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

I am an acne mess after this stuff. I am very very very acne prone but I never expected this to cause my skin to be so inflamed. After a good few months of amazing skin I am back to my pubescent skin woes :( and I am having to use my most extreme acne treatments again. Also this is the only new product in my arsenal so I can't blame this awful skin I have on anything else.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No