November 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

This is my FAVORITE cuticle cream!!

I love the quality, scent and price... This product stays in my purse and goes all over the place with me. Such a great thing for when my nails are professionally done, helps preserve the nail longer and that is great on the wallet. On my natural nail it keeps them hydrated and they look pink and healthy!! I usually use enough that I can work it up my fingers and slightly over my hands and then I follow with lotion and never feel sticky.

Great gift for somebody too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I got this maybe 2 yrs ago, but stopped using it b/c I didn't like. Turns out, this was not the problem. I recently got into taking better care of my nails and decided to give this another try with my new found knowledge. I must say, my cuticles have not looked better (altho they were pretty awful before, so my standards aren't very high). This can be a bit greasy and I'm not a fan of scented products, so I usually just use this at night before I go to sleep. Smells like frozen lemonade, so it's really not bad. This is so affordable, effective, and easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cuticle cream, but I wish it still came in a jar. Other than the packaging, it's moisturizing, and I like the lemon scent...makes it enjoyable to use. Still, I would not say it is the best ever. Simple shea butter does the same thing, and some brands even have the same exact waxy texture - stays where you put it and melts into your skin. So I probably won't repurchase, because I can get 5 times the amount of shea butter for the same price. And it won't be in a ridiculous tin that is often a pain in the butt to open.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my old review - This is for the old formula product. I like this cuticle cream. Love the scent of lemons. I had bought a tin some years back and it lasted a while. This was before BB got acquired by the giant c/o. Wouldn't buy the new formula cream.

Update - Well, i did buy a new tin. This cream is good for healing the skin around the nails and cuticles. I have a bad habit of peeling away skin around any nicks or cuts on my finger. This causes those areas to bleed and hurt. Using the cuticle cream results in a soothing effect on the cut areas. However I still like the older formula.

Of course, the cream is super expensive...Opening the tin can be exasperating and troublesome at times and that puts me from using the cream.

Maybe there is some technique in opening the lid.....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty80

I've been using this for about three years, and I think it's a really good product-definitely a 'gateway drug' as far as cuticle care is concerned. I have a mini tin on my desk at work and a full size on the coffee table at home. A tin lasts a very long time.
I find the tin pretty easy to use and don't really have trouble getting the lid off. It also stays clean inside and survives in the junkgle of the handbag quite well. A lot of people don't like the smell, but it doesn't bother me at all.
I find myself experimenting with oils and other balms a lot more, but Burt's still has a place in my heart. It's thicker than most, so I use it overnight or if I know it will be a long time until I can moisturise my cuticles. I also use it to seal in lighter oils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For those of you who don't remember....this used to come in a jar with a screw on/off lid. It's true! I still have my jar to depot the product from the tin. The jar was a full ounce...wish they'd bring it back! I want to say that what comes in the tin may be a different consistency but as far as cuticle care, I love this! My cuticles are so ratty looking without it despite buying every product known to women...this has been the best. I use it every night and my cuticles look great! I do apply a few times a day as well after washing my hands. For winter, this is a must have but I will add this is the only Burt's Bees product I actually like.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by DagnyEvelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The tin! It's so hard to open, even after the redesign. If you already have the cream on your fingers, look out. It's never coming open again.
Well, maybe it isn't that dire. The product its self is pretty good. It does not absorb as fast as oils though, so it's better for nighttime/bedtime use. If you are sensitive to smells, steer clear. After years of using this, the smell has gotten on my nerves.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Lounge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a ritual nail biter since childhood, and now being 21 I have a reason to not bite them.

I'm not suggesting this will work for everyone to deter nail biting, but I found that by taking the time to take care of my nails that I didn't want to ruin them by biting them any longer.

I always had the bad cuticles and my nails were just overall gross... but now they're growing out nicely. My cuticles aren't frayed and my nails are shinier than they've ever been. They're actually so nice that I don't even want to polish them. It sort of looks like there is a 'clear coat' on yours nails after using this product from the very first day. After a while using them you actually feel your nail get smoother...

AWESOME product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

This is my stand by cuticle treatment. I love the scent and it's super mositurizng! It is a thick balm that is kind of wax-like but turns liquid upon touching it. I feel like you get quite a bit of product for the price and it lasts me quite a while because you really don't need a whole lot. I use it every evening before bed and let it sink in my cuticles overnight. This is my second purchase and I will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by fadingdreamland

This is a winter must-have. The balm is thick and moisturizing. It keeps nails from cracking and cuticles from getting ragged. The lemon oil makes it smell absolutely amazing. It's a little sticky, since it's so thick, but I find that this is not a problem if you just dab a little on your nails and work it in. Or, I smooth it on my hands right before bed, which gets rid of chapping.