Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 1/15/2010 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this in dark brown I think. It works very well and last for a long time. I'll put it on at 8 AM and when I get ready for bed at 2 AM there's still come there. My only qualm is that the pencil is a little on the red side. But if you just blend it well and don't draw too thick you should be fine. It lasts through summer sweating and doesn't smudge at all. So yeah; this is good stuff.

on 1/13/2010 1:25:00 AM

I'm Asian with soft black hair and fairly sparse brows. Both the Blonde and Gray shades of these Maybelline pencils work great on me. I'm talking Shu Uemura Seal Brown great. When I'm in a hurry, I actually prefer the Maybelline b/c it requires less pressing to show up.

If you're Asian, don't bother with the Black (unless you like the Sharpie look) or Brown (too red). I tried those years ago. Like back in the 80s when I had to ride my bike to the Rexall to buy makeup. We considered these eyeliners back then (again, not recommended. way too hard and will tug at your skin). But I enjoy the reminiscing whenever I pull one of these out.

This wasn't too bad, but I prefer the ultra-brow powder instead in dark brown. The only reason I'd really buy this is if I couldn't get the ultra-brow.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

These pencils are HG status for me. I was loyal to the charcoal shade from the moment I discovered it in college. You could imagine my surprise when it was discontinued last year & the frustration it entailed looking for a reliable substitute. I tried a couple of DS brow pencils but they were either the wrong shade or too waxy. Anastasia's brow powder in med. ash was a good shade match but I don't have much luck with powders. I decided to give another shade from Maybelline brow pencil collection a try. Their black is just too harsh/dark for me, although I can imagine it being a decent eyeliner. Much to my shock, blonde is the perfect match. It's a "taupey" color (no red/orange undertones) and it is actually comparable to my beloved charcoal shade. Besides being the perfect shade, these pencils are the perfect formula for brows, not too waxy, not too hard/soft, great staying power. I will be stocking up in case Maybelline discontinues this awesome shade too.

on 10/26/2009 5:24:00 PM

I bought this in the color blonde after reading all of the rave reviews. Well.. I can say they're correct. I have struggled with my eyebrows for a long time. They're there, but they're a lighter blonde than my natural hair color even is (and I dye it darker yet), and on the sparse side. I had been dying them using a Roux lash & brow kit from Sally's, but still had to fill them in and arch them, which I was using Revlon Brow Fantasy to do, and then blending with an angle brush. The problem was, I was going TOO dark, because the only lighter pencils I could find were too warm for my very cool colored skin. And I didn't find the Brow Fantasy to build very well on my arch area, because it's too waxy. You know how when you color with a crayon, there are little white spots of wax throughout the color? That's what happened. It took 10 minutes alone just to do my brows, and they still didn't look very good.

This stuff is close to perfect. The pencil doesn't seem to be so waxy. Even after piling on a ton of it, it's blends more than adequately especially after I blend it with my angle brush. It's VERY buildable and the color is very natural looking. No orange tones like a lot of brown colors have, or nasty olive tones in it like I've seen in some taupe colors. I can see why a lot of haircolor ranges say it works for them. I wish I naturally had nicer brows, but since I don't, I am SO happy I found this.

Oh, and also, the price is very cheap. I got a two-pack for $3.50 regular price at Walgreens, so that's $1.75 per pencil.

Edit: March of 2010 and still love this!

on 10/18/2009 5:59:00 PM

My brows are wide, but a little on the sparse side. I searched high and low for something to fill them in that looked natural, but most of the things I tried were completely the wrong color and looked very artificial, especially anything that was a powder. (My hair is very dark brown). I picked this up and thought I'd give it a try for $4 and am so glad I did! I use charcoal, which is a mix between a chocolate-chip brown and black, and smudge it in with the side of the pencil every day to fill in where my brows need help. I think it makes my makeup look more finished.

Update--this product is discontinued. Maybelline Define a Brow pencil in Dark Blonde is a good color replacement. Not so crazy about the packaging though.

Best eyebrow pencil ever!

The blonde shade matches my dark blonde brows perfectly. And it's much easier to apply than any other brow pencil I've used!

on 9/18/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a brow pencil. I have black hair and I use the dark brown color. I have to put it on lightly because it can look a little off or fake because of the color difference. Sometimes, I apply a little soft charcoal-black powder over it. The pencil is pretty good as an eyeliner. I usually line my eyes with black liner, though, so I mainly use this pencil for my brows alone. I will definitely buy again because it's cheap and works for me. I have no major complaints.

on 7/28/2009 10:16:00 AM

Quite possibly the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Ok, so it was only $5.99 but it just doesn't do anything for me. I purchased the Dark Brown shade and on me it is RED. My eyebrows look sore whenever I wear this, and it looks quite ridiculous. As an eyeliner it is soft enough not to tug, but it is way too red to be attractive! For brows I found the formula to be too soft, and pieces of the product crumbled onto my brows leaving them lumpy (and red). Blending the lumps away only left my brows looking waxy and stained. Not purchasing again! continued >>

on 7/25/2009 6:48:00 PM

I love these. I have been using these pencils since I was a teenager and have never been tempted to stray. They come in a good assortment of colors (for eyebrows and eyeliner), are long lasting and very affordable. I use these in dark brown for my eyebrows, so when I see them in stock at the store I buy several because, I cannot be without them!

Popular Brows Products