November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by serena88

I love this as a brow pencil. I have black hair and I use the dark brown color. I have to put it on lightly because it can look a little off or fake because of the color difference. Sometimes, I apply a little soft charcoal-black powder over it. The pencil is pretty good as an eyeliner. I usually line my eyes with black liner, though, so I mainly use this pencil for my brows alone. I will definitely buy again because it's cheap and works for me. I have no major complaints.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Quite possibly the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Ok, so it was only $5.99 but it just doesn't do anything for me. I purchased the Dark Brown shade and on me it is RED. My eyebrows look sore whenever I wear this, and it looks quite ridiculous. As an eyeliner it is soft enough not to tug, but it is way too red to be attractive! For brows I found the formula to be too soft, and pieces of the product crumbled onto my brows leaving them lumpy (and red). Blending the lumps away only left my brows looking waxy and stained. Not purchasing again! continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by HelloKinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these. I have been using these pencils since I was a teenager and have never been tempted to stray. They come in a good assortment of colors (for eyebrows and eyeliner), are long lasting and very affordable. I use these in dark brown for my eyebrows, so when I see them in stock at the store I buy several because, I cannot be without them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Deedix11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are a great basic for brows. They do an excellent job filling in and shaping. They're nice and affordable and reliable. I have used both blonde and auburn for years. I just wish the auburn hadn't dissappeared, forcing me to find other brands to replace this, as that is the color I really need. I do recommend this product for neutral blondes and brunettes, and it comes in a two-pack for great lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I used this eyebrow pencil for many years. I used the Auburn shade until it was discontinued, then moved on to Medium Brown. It has a reddish cast, so it worked well for my reddish brown hair. This is a hard pencil, and I eventually switched to a softer pencil (an auburn pencil by Just for Redheads).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by shannlcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these cheap little things. They are easy to find at any drugstore and you get two in a package! I use the Blonde shade to subtly enhance my eyebrows. I was cursed with light brows which you can barely see and these pencils help me to define them without the hassle of a shadow brow liner. I just barely touch the pencil to the hairs and give them a wash of color. I do not draw on my skin beneath the brows. I find they last all day and are an awesome bargain find!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by DistortedDaytime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this eyebrow pencil~ It's cheap and it gives good colour :)

Although... I have mine in Light Brown and the more strokes you make, the more orange it will show - I just don't like that 'golden' colour.

I probably won't buy this product again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I found this product! It's cheap and it's one of the only brow pencils that doesn't make my brows look orangish/reddish. I have this is blonde and it is perfect. *edit: I don't like how hard the pencil is. I find that it makes the skin around my brows red because of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jogun11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently read in Elle magazine, that one makeup artist swears by this product in blonde for just about all of his clients! Elle magazine does a feature where professional makeup/hair artists talk about their favorite products. I always write them down. I was using a light brown cake brow powder for years by merle norman. Because this (double!) product is so cheap, i had to try it. It is the MOST natural my brows have ever looked...and I had to pencil in quite a bit for an overtweezing incident! There is no need for anyone to try another color because this one is pretty universal, unless i suppose if you have black hair. It has been around forever and right under my 48 yr. old nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so naive about makeup for the longest time... for example I didn't even know there were such things as eyebrow pencils! My mother, who thinks she is like this superstar always filled in her eyebrows with eyeliner... which I never knew was a no-no but it scared the crap out of me b/c it looked awful. (if you haven't guessed by now I never took makeup lessons from my mom) So one day I'm walking through CVS and I come across these little things, in the blonde shade. The other colors looked way too dark... so I bought them and have been hooked on them ever since. I bought the package about 2 years ago and just bought a new pkg yesterday! The color goes on very smooth, no tugging, looks very natural, and stays all day. I only have to apply it once and I'm good for the day which is great since my skin is so oily. I tried a Mary Kay one a few months ago but it was a very hard formula ($9) and much more expensive for something that doesn't work as well.

But anyway... this is a really good product for a great price!