Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 10/18/2009 5:59:00 PM

My brows are wide, but a little on the sparse side. I searched high and low for something to fill them in that looked natural, but most of the things I tried were completely the wrong color and looked very artificial, especially anything that was a powder. (My hair is very dark brown). I picked this up and thought I'd give it a try for $4 and am so glad I did! I use charcoal, which is a mix between a chocolate-chip brown and black, and smudge it in with the side of the pencil every day to fill in where my brows need help. I think it makes my makeup look more finished.

Update--this product is discontinued. Maybelline Define a Brow pencil in Dark Blonde is a good color replacement. Not so crazy about the packaging though.

Best eyebrow pencil ever!

The blonde shade matches my dark blonde brows perfectly. And it's much easier to apply than any other brow pencil I've used!

on 9/18/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this as a brow pencil. I have black hair and I use the dark brown color. I have to put it on lightly because it can look a little off or fake because of the color difference. Sometimes, I apply a little soft charcoal-black powder over it. The pencil is pretty good as an eyeliner. I usually line my eyes with black liner, though, so I mainly use this pencil for my brows alone. I will definitely buy again because it's cheap and works for me. I have no major complaints.

on 7/28/2009 10:16:00 AM

Quite possibly the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Ok, so it was only $5.99 but it just doesn't do anything for me. I purchased the Dark Brown shade and on me it is RED. My eyebrows look sore whenever I wear this, and it looks quite ridiculous. As an eyeliner it is soft enough not to tug, but it is way too red to be attractive! For brows I found the formula to be too soft, and pieces of the product crumbled onto my brows leaving them lumpy (and red). Blending the lumps away only left my brows looking waxy and stained. Not purchasing again! continued >>

on 7/25/2009 6:48:00 PM

I love these. I have been using these pencils since I was a teenager and have never been tempted to stray. They come in a good assortment of colors (for eyebrows and eyeliner), are long lasting and very affordable. I use these in dark brown for my eyebrows, so when I see them in stock at the store I buy several because, I cannot be without them!

on 7/10/2009 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These are a great basic for brows. They do an excellent job filling in and shaping. They're nice and affordable and reliable. I have used both blonde and auburn for years. I just wish the auburn hadn't dissappeared, forcing me to find other brands to replace this, as that is the color I really need. I do recommend this product for neutral blondes and brunettes, and it comes in a two-pack for great lasting power.

on 6/12/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I used this eyebrow pencil for many years. I used the Auburn shade until it was discontinued, then moved on to Medium Brown. It has a reddish cast, so it worked well for my reddish brown hair. This is a hard pencil, and I eventually switched to a softer pencil (an auburn pencil by Just for Redheads).

I love these cheap little things. They are easy to find at any drugstore and you get two in a package! I use the Blonde shade to subtly enhance my eyebrows. I was cursed with light brows which you can barely see and these pencils help me to define them without the hassle of a shadow brow liner. I just barely touch the pencil to the hairs and give them a wash of color. I do not draw on my skin beneath the brows. I find they last all day and are an awesome bargain find!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this eyebrow pencil~ It's cheap and it gives good colour :)

Although... I have mine in Light Brown and the more strokes you make, the more orange it will show - I just don't like that 'golden' colour.

I probably won't buy this product again though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm so glad I found this product! It's cheap and it's one of the only brow pencils that doesn't make my brows look orangish/reddish. I have this is blonde and it is perfect. *edit: I don't like how hard the pencil is. I find that it makes the skin around my brows red because of that.

Popular Brows Products