July 25, 2014 | 1921 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ladybugsuzy

good foundation looks good with first application with a beauty blender and then throughout the day starts to oil up. love it but staying power sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I bought this foundation at Walmart because it was only about $6 and I have been wanting a creme foundation for events where I know there will be lots of photos and I thought "what the hay...". I used my real techniques stippling brush to apply and blended after with my beauty blender. The coverage was good as well as the color match (N20 in Mac and purchased second lightest shade at Walmart which is 310/Classic Ivory. I set the makeup with Mac Studio Fix plus powder and then finished with UD All Nighter Spray.

My skin is pretty normal and I rarely get oily but by the end of the day I definitely noticed this foundation was making my forehead and area around my nose grease up which I wasn't a big fan of. I think if you have drier skin this could work well but for me not so much (at least until the winter weather is back that is).

It did have a slight chemical/medicinal smell to it but it dissipated after a few minutes I found. The texture of the product is very nice--it is smooth and easy to blend and when it dries it feels like a really nice powder which was surprising.

I did notice that in photos it seemed to be a lighter color than just looking at myself in a mirror but I didn't see any SPF listed on the product however when I checked the ingredients list titanium diox was listed as the second to last ingredient so I think that must be the culprit which is too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Kimmybyers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail foundation. This is by far the best drugstore foundation. Covers well last all day! I have tried many many many foundations. I got several compliments the very first day I wore this. Applying well. There's I'd nothing bad about it. For the money it is a great value too. I hope covergirl never discontinues this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Felt like trying something new and I thought I'd give a whipped fdn a try. So far this is pretty nice. Its a water based Fdn so when applied its very moisturizing. Very sheer, to light med coverage. Fills in the pores and gives a nice natural finish when I apply with my fingers. I set it with my Tru Blend Pressed Powder and it stays set 6+ hours with minimal wearing. I do not have very oily skin but I noticed a little bit more wear on my nose by the end of the day. Color match for me (110) is pretty spot on so I consider this a whipped TM. The texture is nice and I only have to tap my fingers in to get enough coverage so the pot will last me a long time. I just hope the shelf life of the product lasts long enough for me to use it all.

So far a nice light fdn for summer. Wish it had a sunscreen but then it wouldn't be as hydrating. So just wear a good SS underneath.

**update**

Several weeks of wear later, I've come to think this is close to HG status for me for DS foundations. Still no breakouts, feels hydrating, and gives nice sheer-med coverage for me without looking cakey. Have to wait for it to set after applying but with a dusting of light powder it stays all day and hardly fades on my normal skin. Only downside is I wish it has some sunscreen but I have olay moisturizers for that. Nice to see CG finally coming out with a new set of products that are finally starting to step it up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice foundation, perfect for oily skin, stays matte and keeps your skin looking natural and let's it breath.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product's packaging is SO more compact and lightweight than Revlon Colorstay's Whipped Foundation. It is also cheaper, but since it is a whipped creme formula, it's not the cheapest foundation around. I gave this a 4 because it isn't the most natural looking foundation, and it also doesn't have SPF. One of the things I love about Covergirl foundations are that all of their foundations have the same shade range. If you know you're one shade in a different Covergirl foundation, you're also the same in another. I think this is a nice foundation overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

im admittedly not generally a covergirl fan but was intrigued by this product. its a great price and the packaging is sturdy.
i enjoy applied it with a foundation brusg...it was smooth and went on beautifully and my skin looked flawless BUT i noticed that throughout the day it was rubbing off on my hands (to the point where papers at work had foundation coloured fingerprints) and by noon it looked likei had nothing on. i used a primer and set it with powder. im willing to give it one more try but so far im not impressed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Glides on nicely, but to drying and made me look cakey. I will be returning this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this product is available in a panoply of different shades, it lacks the one most suitable for my skin (a light, cool shade but not as light as the typical Ivory). I am usually on the hunt for a shade that contains a hint of pink rather than yellow which has become almost impossible to find.
After deliberating over whether to choose a 305 or 310 (both ivory shades) I ended up with the slightly darker of the two which I thought contained a bit of pink rather than yellow hue. Truth be told, neither seem all that "cool" toned to me, which is too bad, because I really do like the consistency of this product and the way it applies on the skin. Once applied, the color darkens, unfortunately, and then begins to develop an orange cast.
Incidentally, I have some sort of L'Oreal primer on my face which came as a sample through the mail. I'm going to try the Cover Girl Whipped Creme foundation one more time without using the primer first since I have often noticed that primers affect the color of my foundation, darkening or "muddying" it and/or giving it an orange cast.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by NexttoMe

I'm giving this foundation a rating of four. It has a nice texture and I tried blending it with my fingers but a brush did better. The coverage for me was medium and I only applied one layer of it but it seems buildable as well. I only applied powder once today but I should also mention when I try a new foundation for the first time I never use anything with it to see how the foundation works itself. I saw that some are comparing this to Revlon's whipped crème but its nowhere near anything similar.