November 21, 2014 | 1809 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bekakerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin doesn't tend to be too picky about what foundation looks good on it so I normally don't have to try very hard to find a half decent foundation. So far, most of my foundation looks a tiny bit cakey on my combination, acne prone skin and rubs off around where my glasses sit on my face, but this foundation is amazing! It's so smooth and is so blendable. It's not the highest coverage foundation but with a good concealer and a second layer, it covers everything. It makes my skin look even and beautiful. My only complaint is that it does dry out the drier parts of my face so don't smother it with powder if you have dry skin. Otherwise, I love this foundation and would totally buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Oooooo

When I first bought this, it was my first time trying liquid foundation, so I was kind of a newbie. When I first used it, it felt kind of heavy and you could clearly see I was wearing foundation. I bought some primer and it looked a little bit better, but it still looked caked and my face got a little bit oily. Then I mixed some face lotion with it, and it finally started to look good! When I use it like that, it becomes so much lighter. It's a great product even though I had to make some adjustments

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

WOW! Okay,I haven't used CG,since they changed drastically.I was walking by their display when I saw a picture for this product & grabbed my attention.There was only one of each color displayed.I was looking through to find my color match.I found my color.Tried this on the following day.The results amazed me.I've already had this product on since 5am,now almost 12:30pm..no budge,no cakiness,& still looks great.I would say this has a *Medium coverage.It works for me & very glad I purchased this with only one try & didn't have to return it =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Combo, dehydrated, ultra-sensitive, very acne-prone skin.
    NC15-20/very yellow/olive, Almay Buff, Revlon CS Buff, Lancome Teint Idole Buff 2 (W), MUFE HD 117

This is decent, especially considering the price, but definitely not for me. I got this in 305 and it would be a great match in the winter but I do a little summer color right now so it looked a little ashy.
    The texture is very silicone-y, which I don't really like. I prefer something a bit creamier as that slick powdery texture just doesn't do it for my dehydrated skin, it just slides around and looks streaky. Coverage was very light but this probably has something to do with my dehydrated skin also, it's hard to cover anything when the makeup won't stick where I put it.

On the plus side, it didn't irritate my skin or start to look gunky in my slightly oily t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by riandawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my hg foundation :) i can be somewhat oily, but this lasts throughout the day (with my elf face primer & elf hd powder) giving me the perfect natural finish. the texture is amazing and the coverage is medium/buildable for my skin. i hope covergirl keeps this one for awhile, i think its their best product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Paola620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very tricky itself. Yes it gives a nice coverage and it feels nice but the only issue is that my skin is sometimes dry which makes my face seem flaky since the consistency is not liquid but mousse. It does last up to 5 hrs which is great for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really digging this foundation. I bought it on a whim at my local CVS for around $10. I've had a love/hate relationship with mousse foundations in the past, but I've been using Cover Girl's Aqua Smooth cream foundation for years (for days that I feel I need more coverage or a matte finish) and Classic Ivory matches my skin perfectly, so I figure I'd give this new mousse foundation a shot.

It comes in a nice glass pot with a plastic lid. It's definitely not a foundation that you can just throw in your purse for touch ups throughout the day unless you don't mind toting around a heavy glass pot.

The texture of this foundation is very whipped and creamy. I was afraid that it might do that "pilling" thing where the foundation kinda clumps up, however it doesn't do that at all. I dab my (clean) middle finger into the pot and apply a small dab to my forehead, chin, cheeks and nose and then begin blending it in.

For such a thick, creamy foundation it blends flawlessly without looking heavy or caked. The finish is a really nice light matte that looks really natural and fresh. It really is a dream to blend and the coverage is surprisingly more of a full coverage. It's really nice to find a full coverage foundation that doesn't make me look older. Also, I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines and it really smooths out the appearance of pores.

The wear is also really good. I set it with a translucent powder on my t-zone and under my eyes and Im good for the rest of the day. I haven't worn it during workouts or anything so I don't know if it would hold up, however it survived an entire day at Disneyland.

Since a little bit goes a long way it'll prob be awhile before I need to repurchase, and I definitely like it enough to do so. I hope it does well enough for CG to keep this in their line for good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall a good foundation for the money. I wear Color 355 Soft Honey but I think I could go to the tan shade but the local Walmart was sold out of it. Blends well with a make up brush. I have normal skin with some dry patches so in some places it dried too matte and others perfect. It lasts all day for me using a primer with it. For the money, it's hard to beat for the money ($6.94) & I'm usually a foundation snob? I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by claudinepalalay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product but not enough to buy it again.

The feeling when you touch the mousse like texture is really cool and it's SUPER blendable too. The colour selection isn't too bad for a new product. I was able to find the perfect match for my skin tone which is a plus!

However I didn't like the fact that it felt really oily while I was applying it onto my skin with my fingers. I don't know how to explain the texture but I didn't like it. When I was waiting for the foundation to set I noticed it gives better coverage after setting than while you're still blending it. Even when I add powder to my face it still feels like it's not fully set when it should be. I get kind of oily around my nose and I feel like this foundation makes the oiliness around my nose even WORSE!

I do have dry-normal skin (except my nose area) and it just seems that the foundation just doesn't stay on my skin throughout the day.

For the price I paid for this product ($5.95 CAD) wasn't too bad. However I expected the quality to be much better since everyone raved about the 3 in 1 foundation I had high hopes for this to be just as great.

I wouldn't buy this again. I do regret buying this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, warm toned skin and purchased the shade 305 Ivory.

What I liked: The packaging made it easy to pick the closest shade to my skin tone as possible, and it applied very easily with every method I tried. Coverage was acceptable, and it has a pretty natural finish. Not too matte, not too dewy.

What I disliked: It felt like it never really "set" on my skin. Even when powdered, it still felt tacky. I noticed it transferred a lot onto the phone at work. I think it's just too moisturizing for my skin this time of the year. In the winter it might be ok. After wearing it for a few days, I had quite a few clogged pores on my forehead (where I'm usually quite clear-skinned). The color was also a little bit too dark and orangey for me.

Overall: I didn't really like it very much, and I will not be repurchasing. I think it would be a nice option for dry-skinned people though, as it felt very moisturizing. I'm a huge fan of Revlon's whipped Colorstay makeup, so I had high hopes for this one but it just didn't work out for me.