December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Luvmynails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I try to keep my cuticles pushed back every time I dry my hands, I use the towel and rub around the area. I have done this for years, (can't remember how long!) so they are in pretty good shape. I bought this after reading the reviews. This stuff is great! I couldn't believe how much stuff I cleaned off my nails! I only use it once a week or so as it is a bit drying. I also use it to get rid of any nail polish that may have gotten on my cuticles when I change polish. After the polish is dry enough, I put this on, wait about 30 seconds to one minute, then use a soft bristled toothbrush and gently scrub around the nail. It works like a charm! I wish it wasn't so runny though. (It has the consistency and color of milk.) I imagine that is so it can be used as a soak during a manicure. I bought a 16 oz bottle for less than 4.00 at Sally Beauty. (I have a professional discount there) I can't see needing to get another bottle for at least a year. Good product, better value!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely fantastic! It has to be one of the best products that I own! I'm a reformed nail biter who has never taken care of her cuticles and they grow up onto my fingernails and are rock hard and impossible to push back. I've tried many products claiming to remove cuticles, but they never did absolutely anything! At first I didn't think this product worked very well because I would just put a drop on each cuticle and let it sit a few seconds and wiped off and nothing happened. So I tried the method suggested by a previous reviewer and poured some in a small cup and soaked each finger and I swear to you my cuticles came right off in a white gooey mess! I couldn't believe it! I used an orange stick while they were still wet and then wiped off with a paper towel and it looks like I just got a professional manicure! I will never use another product for my cuticles except for Blue Cross! This stuff is like liquid gold for your nails. Not to mention its dirt cheap for a HUGE bottle that will last forever!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Wow, this stuff is amazing! I bought and used it not thinking I had much dead cuticle, and was able to gently scrape away an amazing amount of gunk from each nail. My cuticles look 100% better and even the hard, dried cuticle I get in my side grooves is almost completely gone. I can't wait to try this on my feet.

For application on my nails, I put it in a wee spray bottle (also from Sally). This makes it pretty handy to use. It doesn't spray all over the place if I hold the nozzle close to each nail.

Someone commented that caustic potash is "harmful". Potassium hydroxide is actually a form of lye and is used in making liquid soap; it used to be used for whitening laundry. It's true that potassium hydroxide is caustic and in strong solution would burn the skin, but obviously this product is not a strong solution. The MSDS linked to is for PURE potassium hydroxide, and Blue Cross Cuticle Remover is a very weak dilution; it's been around since 1933, so I think if it were going to melt the flesh off our bones someone would have noticed it by now. This product is completely safe.

ETA 2011: I have used this in a pedicure and it's the bee's knees. It takes quite a bit but the stuff is cheap so who cares? I splash it over my feet in a shallow pan and keeps making sure the bottoms of my feet and the area around my toenails are saturated. 20 minutes reading a book or watching MythBusters blow crap up, and I can go to the bathtub and [warning, gross] the callus from the bottoms of my feet come off in a weird translucent jelly. Honestly, the best way to get it off is with my fingernails. It's kind of disgusting but it hasn't killed me yet.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hell yes I would repurchase, if I ever needed to! Thank you MUA for yet another recommendation - this stuff is the shiz. Especially for pedi's. I totally want to use this on my bf...not sure he will comply lol. It IS amazing, though!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I bought this after reading the great reviews and I was not disappointed. This treatment works wonderfully on my toenails and fingernails. My favorite to way to use it is on a pumice stone on my feet in the shower. It removes rough skin and callouses effortlessly and leaves my feet super soft. The bottle is huge and will last me a long time, but I will repurchase when I eventually run out. A must have treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Aquaticsazure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product inspired me to do my first review here on MakeupAlley! I actually went out shopping looking for the Sally Hansen cuticle remover which got great reviews here. I went to several stores and no one had it. I ended up in Sally's and this was on sale. I was skeptical about it because it was a huge bottle and dirt cheap. Not wanting to go home empty handed, and really wanting a cuticle remover to try I chose this randomly. I think I ended up paying about $3.00 for it because of the sale so I figured it was a safe choice! I'm so glad I went for this brand!

This stuff is amazing. I had never heard of cuticle remover before until browsing around MakeupAlley. I tend to pick at my cuticles and they always look ragged. I think this product is going to change the look of my hands for the better. It's a miracle worker! It preforms quickly with no discomfort. I push a q-tip into the squirt end of the bottle, saturate it, and then rub the product over my cuticles. I wait about 30 seconds and then gently scrape off my cuticles with an orange stick. My fingers and toes have never looked so polished.

My ONLY gripe is with the packaging. At first I didn't know how I was supposed to apply this stuff, but using my q-tip technique works great and there is no mess this way. It would be nice if they included instructions on how long to keep this product on for, and how often it can be used, but overall I'm totally happy with it. You get a LOT so I doubt I'll need to repurchase for several years.

Now I'm off to see if my boyfriend will let me use it on his toes!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing that after years spent fighting my ragged cuticles with lotion I ccan put this on and rinse the ragged skin right off! What a miracle :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cuticle scissors scare me. I would need 2 right hands to use them safely, especially on my toenails! I found a lot of reviews online for this product, and I believe it is safe when used as directed. One drop, and an immediate rub with a paper towel and dead cuticle skin is gone. I would definitely purchase again, but given the size of the bottle I probably won't need to for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by teramiko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cuticle remover out there (and hair color stain remover). Years and years ago it was also marketed also as a hair color stain remover. I think now, the package not for that particular use. I still do and it hasn't hurt me, best one I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by JetLilotai

I decided to check this out due to the awesome recommendations on here and I have not been dissapointed. My cuticles are the most managable they've ever been. Only 2.50 at my local Ricky's, I just brush this on with an old lip brush, wait a minute or two, and then push back. Then I immediatley rinse off and wash my hands. Dead cuticle skin gone! Wahoo! Also, the 6 oz. bottle is huge and will concievably last for years. Thanks again MUA.