Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 6/16/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is awesome!! Better than many of the high end mascara's I've tried - and for the price of $4.99 you can't go wrong. Try it!

on 5/27/2014 10:04:00 AM

I love this mascara! The only reason I'm not giving it a five is because it tends to pick up too much product on the brush so you need to wipe off a fair bit before you use it. Other than that, fab! If you want enormous, thick lashes with a lot of volume this is the mascara for you. The price and cute packaging isn't bad either.

This is a great mascara . It's my first mascara from Essence and I am really impressed . The reviewers here have described it beautifully , so let me add some pros & cons I have noticed myself :
Pros :
- One coat is enough for a rather dramatic look if you have good lashes .
- Good formula which is neither runny nor thick , dries quickly .
- 12 ml. Tube which is much bigger quantity than most mascaras that are either 8 ml or 10 at most .
- Great price , though not cheap in my country but still good .
- Very easily removed without any annoying "Panda eyes" residue .
-Feels comfortable on the eye .
- Lengths , gives a decent volume and the best part for me EXCELLENT definition and holds a curl .
- Didn't flake or smudge though I live in a warm country .
-If you have rather small eyes , you have to practise a bit with the wand .
- Not volumnising enough in one coat as it claims but no biggie for me as I have thick lashes which I need to define more .
Very good product that I will buy again for sure .
Update : 5 lippies for standing heat & sweat for more than 8 hours :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this mascara for 5.00 which is a steal! The packaging is typical mascara packaging. The brush is easy to use. I have nothing bad to say about this mascara. It made my lashes pop. I've tried so many different mascaras low end all the way to 50.00 Chanel mascara and couldn't find anything that have my lashes length. This mascara isn't great for volume but it made my lashes so much longer. I used one coat and was happy. It didn't smudge, it didn't run, it didn't clump, it didn't flake. I will continue to buy this. I may have found my HG!!!!

on 5/19/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have recently been burned on cheap/drugstore mascaras (NYX Doll Eyes, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex), so I was incredibly reluctant to try this. I know it's less than $5, but I was really starting to think I was throwing my money away with cheap mascaras. I am so happy I gave this product a try! This is an impressive mascara by any standards: lengthens, volumizes, separates -- all without a clump in sight! I was super impressed with its staying power as well. It was a little difficult to remove: I would recommend an oil-based cleanser or eye makeup remover.

For the price, I firmly believe you cannot do better than this.

on 5/16/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Love it. Gives you crazy huge lashes and it's only $5. It does dry out pretty quick ime and if you put on too many coats it will clump. But you shouldn't need more than 2 coats ime.

on 4/18/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite mascara!! Thick, tons of volume and separating. Dries quick on eyes (unlike the Jordana one) but product does dry quick in the tube. One tube lasts about a month for me but I have to buy online since my local Ulta never has it in stock. I tried the one in the black tube but it has a much bigger brush and not great for bottom lashes.

on 4/17/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have tried so many mascaras, both high-end and drugstore. I've been hunting for a drugstore one that performs as well as Benefit's They're Real because as a college student I can't spend $25 on mascara every three months. Plus, mascara is that one makeup you need to buy often and I want something cheap.

This is my HG mascara. I like this Essence mascara better than Benefit's They're Real, Diorshow, Benefit's Badgal, Smashbox Full exposure, Too-faced Size Queen, Lancome Hypnos Drama, Maybelline Colossal, Maybelline One-by-one... Basically all mascaras bow down to this one.

++Extremely cheap! At $4.99 it keeps my wallet happy. Drugstore mascaras are usually $8-10 so I'm really happy with this price. (You can buy this at Ulta or Walgreens)
++Gives crazy volume and thickness! I have sparse, thin, asian lashes that are hard to see without mascara. This is my HG mascara as it gives that dramatic lash look I like.
+Cute packaging. At first, I wasn't that impressed. But it's grown on me a lot! It has a sort of 80s feel to it.

-Smudges a bit onto the bottom lash line. Not a big problem for me because most non-waterproof mascaras do this.
-No waterproof version
-The wand is large, but I don't mind it. I find application easy, although sometimes I do get mascara behind my eyes.

Note: If you want mascara that holds great curl, I do not know if this mascara is good or bad because my lashes hold curl fine naturally.

I highly recommend this! For $4.99, you aren't risking much. Try it!

on 4/14/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have barely there sparse, short and limp lashes. I have been on the look out for a mascara that would actually add volume. Nothing worked for me, until this came along. The first time I used it I was clearly blown away. So much so, that for the first time in my life , I bought a back-up for a product :D The only down fall, it doesn't hold the curl up . Rest all good and for $4 you can't go wrong with it. It's my HG product.

on 4/9/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'll start off by describing my lashes as: medium-length and straight. Because of this, my lashes work best with waterproof/dry formulas, so it's a shame this mascara doesn't come in a waterproof version. I tried it anyway because this mascara has received so many positive reviews, and it is also very cheap to buy.

It holds true to its name, it really did give me amazing volume. It is a very black mascara (which I love), so it defined my lashes as it thickened them. However, it really weighed down my lashes as the formula was so wet for my already straight lashes. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara, and after applying this particular mascara, my lashes just fell straight.

The brush is humongous as many people have already mentioned. The opening also allows too much product to come out with the brush, so you have to wipe the brush at the tip to eliminate the amount you don't need. I didn't really find flaking, but it is really easy to remove!

Overall this mascara gives great volume, but no length or curl for me, whatsoever. Maybe if they had a waterproof version...

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Top Rated Essence Products