Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 3/22/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I consider myself a mascara connoisseur of sorts, so after having about three pals selling the line. I decided to give it a try. Ok so the mascara does give you very long lashes, no doubt about it. The issue is that they are long AND clumpy. I have super long natural lashes so all I need is one coat, but it a messy and clumpy mess. It just looks really Tammy Faye Baker. Even if you look at the pics above the fibers are giving the lashes a kinda strange split end type look, which is really weird for eyelashes.

Also on some side notes. It takes a pretty long time to apply this. I take a good 10 minutes at the least to apply and no makeup product, sans foundation perhaps should take so much time. Then I think this brand loses major credibility by saying to apply another mascara first then start layering this one after. How many brands promote other company brands. It just didn't add up for me.

The fibers get in my eyes, & I want to claw my eyes out!! It's miserable. I follow the instructions exactly - gel, fiber, gel. (apply fiber before 1st coat of gel dries so it sticks & gel afterwards to seal it) I've even tried double & triple coats of gel to seal it. I also have fiber pieces under my eyes after about 30 minutes, if that, Which I could tolerate, but having it in my eyes is awful. Even after I remove it w/ makeup wipes, it still takes a while to get it all out of my eyeballs. I have to place my finger in my eye to get the fibers out & rub my eyelid over and over, hoping it'll collect in the corner of my eye so I can remove it. Eyedrops help, too.
I'm so disappointed in this mascara. I signed up for this site just to express this.
I paid about $40 for this mascara, & I've tried it multiple times now thinking the texture may change or something after a few uses, but I end up with the same results. I'm having a hard time throwing away $40 :(

on 3/17/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I see a lot of the bad reviews here consist of fibers in the eyes. I've been using this product for 5 months now and at first, when I didn't apply it correctly I had the same issue. You HAVE to apply the gel before AND after you apply the fibers. The gel sets it in place so they don't fall out. It says it in the directions. I love this mascara! I get many compliments on my lashes. It's not really expensive compared to getting the false ones at the salon and it's not bad for your lashes like falsies. My lashes have even seemed to grow some using this. I don't think I could ever NOT use this!

on 3/14/2015 8:15:00 PM

Worst. Mascara. Ever. I actually joined this site so I could share the misery I have just experienced as a result of trying this product today. My eyes feel like they are ready to BLEED. What a horror this stuff is. I followed the instructions and consider myself to be an intelligent, sensible, reasonable person.

First of all, the packaging of this product immediately gave me pause. It's make-up, not a piece of jewelry, not a fancy designer pen, and certainly after using it, not something worthy of such an ostentatious box. It's mascara, people. This company should spend more money on actually developing a decent product, rather than expensive boxes to clutter up the landfills.

But ok, if the product had been great, I'd have given the packaging a pass. Alas, it was not to be. The fibers started flaking into my eyes from the moment I applied this, and the flakes have been unrelenting for the remainder of the day; even continuing to the present moment, despite my having removed it. I want to scratch my own eyes out, it is so awful! All day, there were dark circles beneath my eyes, and I look as though I have pink eye. I've been putting eye drops in constantly, hoping to soothe the inflammation and redness.

The emperer is naked, folks. Move along.

on 3/13/2015 1:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. I don't use it every day, but when I have a special occasion, it's perfect. So much easier than false lashes and they look more natural.

I do understand some of the complaints I've read, because when I first started using this, I had some issues as well. But I have come up with a process that works for me and it's resolved the problems I had at first.

1. Apply a coat of regular mascara - I use Almay Triple Coat in Blackest Black.
2. Apply a coat of the transplanting gel.
3. Apply fibers while gel is still somewhat wet.
4. Apply another coat of the transplanting gel.
5. Run my eyeliner along the lash line to collect/remove any fibers that might fall into eyes.

Sometimes I repeat steps 2-4 twice, always ending with a coat of the transplanting gel. I line the insides of my eyes, so running eyeliner along my lash line really helps in picking up stray fibers and preventing them from falling into my eyes. I just wipe them off my eyeliner. Of course there's always a few fibers that have fallen onto my cheeks, that I just brush away. Using this method, I haven't had any problems and I don't even see any more on my cheeks the rest of the day like I did when I first started using this product.

I will never use false lashes again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Personally, i loved this product in many ways. The packaging was amazing nothing was damaged when it arrived but the only problem for me was i put my first coating of mascara on ( Rimmel london Scandal eyes) then added the transplanting gel and fibres. Like i was supposed to. Then my eyes became really irritated and sore and the fibres fell off, it stayed on majority of the day but it was just the irritation that put me off. So i would reccommend because i have heard alot of people say it irritates only buy this product if you can cope with a little irritation :) xo

on 2/27/2015 10:33:00 AM

I was given this mascara by a beauty blogger friend but I had researched it a long long time ago, went to pay and then had a little word with myself about the price and put my card away. Big mistake. HUGE. The packaging isn't as luxorious as it should be to justify the price tag but the actual product is phonomenal and I will never use another mascara again. For me to say that is crazy because I have tried every mascara possible I think and had finally settled on Benefit's Badgal because of the volume it gave. This mascara beats that hands down. At first I just used the gel as a mascara because it gives great definition and length just on it's own. Then my friend sent me a youtube tutorial of how to actually use it and after a bit of practise I found that I had my dream lashes. Not one fibre has ever fallen off, my lashes look like extentions, I have slept in this mascara and not had a single flake nor did it budge an inch and my ex boyfriend told me my eyes looked absolutely amazing- if those aren't reasons to buy this mascara then I don't know what is. To stop any spidery-ness apply the fibres just from mid to end of your lashes and be prepared to spend a little extra time on getting it right- I'm talking two extra minutes in the morning and doing one eye before moving onto the other. Everyone I have seen since using this mascara has commented on my eyelashes- I can't stress this enough, don't think about the price just get it. Hands down, best thing I have ever used.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I saw the newest hype over the 3D moonstruck mascara by Younique and after watching the youtube tutorial I was sold! I just had to have this since my eyelashes are long but very blonde. I saw the price and realized that this product is very pricey, but if it really lengthens my lashes and it works the way I watched it on youtube, this buy was a must!! After I received it, I immediately tried it out and to my surprise it worked like a charm. My lashes were longer and fuller. Yay!!!! After going about my business for about 2 hours it felt like I had little sand pebbles in my eyes and I could barely look out of my eyes, everything was blurry. My eyes were irritated like crazy. My husband then said to me that I have some black stuff under both of my eyes and I should look in the mirror to wipe it away. It was fibers falling off my lashes and into my eyes which made my eyes horribly itchy and painful and on top of that I looked like I have black rings under my eyes. When we got home I washed the mascara off, but I still had all kinds of fibers in my eyes for hours after I removed the stuff which drove me crazy. I didn't put 2 and 2 together yet. I applied the mascara again the next day and almost immediately the fibers fell off into my eyes and accumulated under my eyes. Hmmm, maybe I am applying this wrong, so I watched the tutorial again and applied the mascara step by step just like in the tutorial. Once again, a ton of fibers fell off into my eyes and under my eyes. Needless to say I discontinued to wear this product. I conducted some more research on this so called wonder mascara, just to find out that there is numerous complaints about the same problem from a lot of other users. I even contacted my consultant and was told that she has never heard of these problems, hmmm.... maybe she should do some research before telling her customers that this is unheard of !! One customer even had a cornea injury from this mascara. This mascara is not what it promises and it is extremely expensive. I will never buy this again and won't ever use this product again. I literally threw 35 dollars plus tax into the trash. Oh yea, you can't return it if you don't keep the original packing it comes in either. I do not recommend wasting your money on this mascara.

on 2/25/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is actually pretty great mascara, but you gotta have time for this. You also need to do one eye at a time. You apply your own mascara lightly and then apply the transplanting gel. Before the gel dries you need to apply the fiber product. TIP
Only focus this stuff through the mid to end of the lashes. LIGHTLY. Don't treat this like a regular mascara because it's not and you will be super disappointed and not to mention you many fibers you'll end up having in your eyes. Apply to many causes undesired results. So just apply it lightly and do it in a couple coats.

I personally had great results. My lashes are pretty sad to begin with and I even had a few compliments on them which is great because I've never had that. I didn't have any flaking either, which some people experience. Again, apply both products evenly and you shouldn't have a problem. They also recommend using the lash comb, but I don't think you need it. Also I find the fibers get stuck in the gel bottle and it can make it kind of clumpy but not too bad.

My only minor complaint is I wish this was more black. It's definitely alright though. I used my own mascara before application as well so that may have helped.

The price point of this sucks at $35 but it's not too far out of the price range for these types of mascaras. I do wish it was cheaper tho. If something like this interests you then I'd recommend this. It's really beautiful looking. If you hate it, I'm sure it can be sent back! I'm also not too sure about contact lense compatibility....xoxo

on 2/24/2015 2:07:00 PM

I like this product. I have tried twice and the first time I already had on mascara. So, I applied over the mascara. This seemed to cause more flaking of the fibers. The second time I just used the primer/mascara followed by the fibers and it produced good results. I have very short lashes and they looked so nice with the product on. Came off with Loreal eye make up remover. As with all mascaras, you need to be careful with application to avoid the clumpy look especially this one. I like the product, it is pricey but does deliver results.

Video Reviews & Tutorials