November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine started selling these products and she really hyped this mascara. I was skeptical, even after seeing her pictures, which showed nothing amazing, but decided to bite the bullet to help her out. My overall impression of this product is that the end result is not impressive enough, especially considering the effort it takes to apply it. It is definitely not something you want to wear every day, unless you are very atypical and have that kind of time on your hands. This mascara also seems to work best when used with a volumizing type of mascara as your base coat -- and why should I even need a base coat of another mascara when I've just spent $30 on THIS one? The packaging, although very nice, is way over the top, IMO. I just want a great formula in a simple tube that works well, lengthening and separating. I don't have a need for an eyeglass case-type container for my mascara, really I don't. Now that I've tried this, fine. But I won't repurchase, that's for sure.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ljoudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just recently started using this product and at first I had it everywhere... I made a huge mess, but the second time that I have used it, it turned out perfect. I love this stuff and I am very picky about mascara. I will definitely continue to use this product. It works wonders for my eye lashes! As long as you take your time applying this product - your eye lashes will look amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by HBro

I tried Younique and got ok results but found it was quite gluggy and had come out of the tube when I opened packaging. It made a few of my lashes stick together so it looked like I had less but they were longer if that makes sense? The smell was quite potent and after wearing for only a little while found it irritated my eyes. It wasnt the fibers as they are natural green tea but I think the mascara as it was closer to my eyeball and nothing was in my eye. I have tried too faced and model co as well and hated the white fibers! I thought younique with black fibers would be better than it was. I tried Cherry Blooms as an alternative but paid almost double in price... I felt more comfortable wearing cherry blooms and it didnt make my lashes stick together - once it was dry it was dry all day and didnt move :) It uses beeswax so found it smelt alot better, no harmful ingredients and was removed easier. Younique gave me panda eyes in the shower where Cherry Blooms just slid off the lashes really easy! Would not buy younqiue again would rather spend more to get quality x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AmosJay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a mascara addict. There are very brands that I have tried. I have been on the quest for the perfect mascara since I began wearing makeup 20 years ago. I LOVE this mascara. My lashes are so much longer and bolder. I get the best results. The application is different than what I was used to.. I watched a few YouTube videos to get the hang of it. As long as I apply it correctly I get fabulous results.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Kristalbyron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use to buy Younique 3D fiber lashes but was totally turned off them after finding out the harmful chemicals like propylene glycan that are in this product. Not only did this irritate my eyes but I had heaps of fall out all day, by the end of the day I barely had any fiber lashes left. This product is very gluggy and if you don't put it on right then it will look horrible.
I recently bought a product called "CherryBlooms brush on lashes" and It was great! no nasty chemicals, the gel is made of bees wax and the fibers are vegetable based. CherryBlooms brush on lashes went on extremely easy and did not fall out through the day, in fact I even go to the gym after work and they look just as good as they did that morning. If you are looking or a good product I recommend trying http://cherryblooms.com.au/)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this stuff is horrible. It's messy and time consuming. My lashes looked clumpy and spidery and little fibers fell into my all day causing irritation. Pass on this one.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by winterishly

First, I should let you know that I am not a brand ambassador and I've only used this product once. A friend of mine is selling for Younique and let me play with her set of transplant gel and fibers this afternoon. That said! The difference between my usual mascara (Yes, They're Real! by Benefit) and Younique 3D Moodstruck was wonderful! I wore two coats of my Benefit stuff for a few hours (in awful, melty heat), then added one coat of gel, fibers as needed, and finished up with the gel, as directed by my friend.

Altogether, my lashes were darker, thicker and felt much "lighter" than when I wear multiple coats of thickening mascaras. The effect was so full that I might not wear it for daytime, but who knows?! I will buy my own set to give it a proper go. I've posted a photo set on my page to give you a better idea.

ps. I did not curl my lashes before or after the 3D application. ^.~

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by CompletelyMadforMakeup

I sell Younique but I don't care for the products. Actually, I won't be selling them much longer. I don't think that the 3D lashes are anything special. I have maybeline mascara that give me better results for 80% less of the price. The fibers are annoying. I feel like I'm rubbing lint on my lashes. It isn't easy to make it look good either. It comes out looking webby. It takes forever to get it smooth and to make it smooth removes a lot of the fibers hence, defeating the purpose. I've never gotten compliments from my younique mascara but always get compliments from my cheap maybeline mascara. It's a little expensive to buy it just to try it out but to each his own. Some women rave about the product.

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by PipHobbs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am going to be one of the first UK reps for Younique when it launches and I have been lucky enough to try the products! Yes the Fiber lash applications can take a few times to master but once done they look amazing!

As for sticking to your maybelline mascaras have you seen the HUGE list of ingredients in them?? Allow time as it will take you a while to read them! Compared to the gel..... That has a fraction of the ingredients! Everyone is different, everyone is unique (excuse the pun) therefore the product may not be suitable for everyone but that does not mean it's a "bad" or "dangerous" product! If you scrutinise every ingredient that is in your beauty products then you really do need to get a life!

Manchester UK rep

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ParksA2014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, these reviews swing from one end of the spectrum to the other when really this is an in between product.
First off, I don't sell Younique and I don't hate it. It's just another make up line.
The make up overall is simple yet complicated. You have to know how to apply make up and actually enjoy it. It's not for busy people or people who want to wear one thing and be done (like me).
Good things: the colors are pretty, I like the pressed foundation as well as the concealing powder. They cover well. The pressed foundation feels heavy and I don't like feeling like I'm wearing make up but I have received numerous compliments on it when I wear it saying it looks natural, like my skin. I usually go with the loose concealing powder because it is light and comfortable. I do not wear the pressed powder because I am allergic to it.
I am actually allergic to quite a few younique products. Being all natural does not mean people won't be allergic or sensitive to it. I am allergic to preservatives derived from salicylates. Salicylates are derived from plants. There is not a single make up line out there that doesnt make a product I am allergic to.
Everyone is different. The complaints about the propolyne glycol, while mostly true (some are a little exaggerated) are also unfair as it is used by all skin care companies. Some chemicals and irritants naturally occur in nature and some people will have reactions to some things while others won't.
Now, the mascara. It does not irritate my sensitive but it looks like crap on me. I've only put it in once where it looked great and even then I didn't feel like it extended or thickened my lashes any better than other mascaras. But, when my niece wears it, it's amazing. I've seen it with my own eyes and I think it's incredibly unfair that it doesn't do that to my lashes. So, once again it comes down to varying by individual.
I'd say try it. You might like it, especially if you like playing with make up. If you're busy and need simple, it's not the way to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No