October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by JamieAnnJellyBean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have pretty much non existent lashes so when I saw this product I got super excited. It took me a few times to get it figured out and I have read a lot of reviews that say a lot of problems with clumping, loose fibers, and the length of time it takes to apply these. For me I would give the product all positive comments except I wish it was waterproof. I don't lIke that it smudges at all. For those of you that have a hard time with the clumping, loose fibers, and time here are some tips for you. When you apply your initial coat of mascara make sure it's not a voluminIzing mascara and you apply a thin coat and let it dry completely before you put on the transplanting gel. Have your bottles open and ready. Do one eye at a time. You don't need to cake on the transplanting gel. To keep your eyes clump free and free of loose lashes when you pull out the fiber wand gently slide the extra fibers back into the bottle. Remember that you have to be quick so the transplanting gel doesn't dry. Apply the fibers from the middle of your lashes to the end. When you apply them from all the way on the back of your eye you tend to clump more. Apply another light coat of your transplanting gel to seal the fibers. Wait to separate any lashes that you need to until the gel drys so you don't pull off all the fibers. You can repeat as many times as you wish but I never have to even though I have practically non existent lashes. So hopefully this has helped someone. I really hope they come out with a waterproof version cause then I'd be ecstatic!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by araffinengo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ABSOLUTELY love this product!!!!! I will never buy another mascara. I feel like the ones who are giving it a bad review is because they are not doing it properly or they are not buying the real mascara from YOUNIQUE but instead they are getting from ebay which sells the imitation. I only put the transplanting gel on my lashes then I follow it with the fibers but just on the tips of my lashes and they I seal it with the transplanting gel, my lashes never look clumpy. I TOTALLY recommend it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So as with most people, I'm sure we all saw the hundreds of Instagram picture of girls with giant tarantula lashes and thought "I NEED THAT!" Well, I ordered this and the concept is simple enough: One coat of your favorite mascara, followed by one coat of the Transplanting Gel, followed by one coat of fibers, and then sealed again with the Transplanting Gel. Now, this only gives you one TRUE coat. After this first coat, you do see a little bit of a difference. But if you want your lashes to look like those crazy After pictures, then you will need to do at least 5 coats. And with three steps each time, you're looking at 15 steps, and close to 20 minutes, if not more, spent on your mascara alone. I would recommend practicing with some strips of false lashes. They'll save you a bunch of time in the end, and look twice as good. Not to mention, by the end of the day, my eyes were red and irritated, either from fibers falling in to my eye, getting under my contacts, or some chemical in this mascara. I would not recommended for $30+.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by sunnysnowflake2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this 3D mascara!!! It's amazing! I do not sell this. I am merely a customer. I have no trouble with flakiness! I use an eye lash comb so the lashes are nice and defined. It just looks like I have eye lashes! I use Dior Maximizer underneath. I like that o can make my eyes bold or understated. I was truly amazed when I had a massage and left with NO raccoon eyes! I typically leave a meds on her sheets and on my eyes. With 3D lashes, not a flake was left behind. Sold!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by carolyanyan

I received my 3d lash mascara about a month ago and my first impression wasn't what I expected. But because of all the positive rave about this product on Instagram, I decided to give it a chance since I did pay a lot for this mascara. Sadly, I am still VERY disappointed in the results... I have never used a mascara that made my lashes feel so clumpy AND heavy!!! Not comfortable at all. But the worst thing of all, was that those tiny fibers kept falling into my eyes! I am actually a makeup artist and I am pretty aware on how to apply mascara, so this was just really disappointing. I am upset and confused because all the pictures I see on Instagram look so perfect, almost as if they are false lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My little sister sells this and really loves it. I bought a set from her and was very excited. I read the directions and tried it the very next morning. Application does take a little longer versus regular mascara, but you are applying different coats, so that's why. My lashes appear much longer, but my complaint is that they seem very clumpy. I have tried brushing them out, but it doesn't seem to do much good. I will definitely use this on special occasions when I'm out at night and when mascara is supposed to look dramatic. The tube is pretty big, so it'll last quite awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Yoshthestylist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is AMAZING!
First of all, you must read the instructions.
Complete one eye at a time, and be sure to use an eyelash comb to keep the gel and fibers from clumping, and seal with a coat of transplanting gel.
The fibers are all natural green tea fibers, and if used properly, can look quite natural. The directions state to use your regular mascara first, however, my sales rep explained to me that you must not use a volumizing mascara, as this will surely cause clumping of the fiber lash mascara.
Personally, for an everyday look, I don't use a base mascara. I find it unnecessary. For a more dramatic look, begin with your defining mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by daym17

I am typing this with red, irritated, burning eyes. Why? Because this mascara is awful :( I had high hopes and was really excited to try this but I am very disappointed. I already have long lashes and this did nothing to make them look longer or more full. Instead my lashes looked dry, clumpy and "fibery" not to mention my eyes being bloodshot all day. I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off (which was also a pain). I will stick with my $7 Maybelline Falsies mascara. These reviews truly seem to be love/hate and I'm happy for the people who love it. Unfortunately it did not work for me and my sensitive eyeballs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Tzvolanek

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I lost some of my lashes after chemo and they didn't come back. This makes them look long and full.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Beu2yfun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I freaking love this product! Because I have sparse lashes I was really disappointed when I got extensions because they can only do lash to lash. So my lashes were longer but that's about it. With this I get thickness and length. I got fibre fallout the first time I used it :( I didn't seal with the gel. so I watched a tutorial on YouTube and found a few different ways to apply. I love makeup but not usually to the point of obsession BUT I really love this!