November 24, 2014 | 1724 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by TickyBox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After my hairdresser told me I had a decent amount of build up in my hair, I went looking for a clarifying shampoo. This stuff was on sale for only 77 cents and the shelf was nearly bare, so I figured I'd give it a try, and I'm very glad I did. Like others have said, don't be fooled by the price tag. I have very fine hair that's easily dried out by certain products, and, much to my surprise, this left my hair feeling soft and not dry at all. All of the gunk was out of my hair, including the heavier, wax based pomade I used on the ends of it.

On top of all that, it's even gentle enough to use everyday. I was using it once or twice a week, but when I ran out of my other shampoo and couldn't get to the store right away, I had to use this for a few days in a row. Again, much to my surprise, I had no drying. I also only use conditioner once a week, so there was no added moisture to my hair.

I've used this on color treated hair as well. I dyed my hair a vivid ruby/auburn around three months ago with a semi-permanent color, and while it faded like the color is supposed to, my hair is still quite red.

Give this stuff a shot. If it doesn't work for you, at least you haven't lost out on a lot of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bootmunchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WHAT. A. DEAL. It's like ordering shampoo off the dollar menu. I always buy high end shampoos but I depend on this one to use once a week to keep the high end ones strong and effective. It gives me a clean slate and its good to switch up shampoos, and this one is a perfect one to rotate with being that it is clarifying and will help your high end shampoo perform. It lathers super easy and the scent is clean and fresh. I've reviewed it against other more expensive clarifying shampoos and everyone said this one is the king tut!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by r9blondie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cheap and works great! I had very oily hair and massive product buildup, used it last night and today my hair is fabulous and silky! I recommend the matching conditioner as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I get this great smelling stuff at my local Dollar Tree and it works SUPER! Smells great and cleans great! Everyone uses this in my home and we all smell so nice! It's a pleasant unisex scent. I wish there was a body wash and a lotion, too! Did I mention that I LOVE the smell of this stuff? Works wonders for oily hair. It can be drying, so I sometimes use a moisturizing conditioner(and leave it in). My hair is less greasy since using this that I could skip a day of washing! Like this much better than Suave's Clarifying. GREAT STUFF for a buck! And we, too, had itchy dry scalps, but using this has helped A LOT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by holymell

I LOVE this shampoo!

I never saw the need to spend more than $1.50 for a clarifying shampoo, and thanks to Vo5, I don't have to! This stuff cleans SO much crap out of my hair, it's unbelievable. I use a lot of leave in conditioner, serums, oils, rinse- out conditioner, spray, etc., and I never have to shampoo my hair more than once per session to get all of it out, so this is fantastic for that.

I will pay more for other shampoos, but for a clarifying shampoo, this is perfect,cost efficient, easy to dispense, it lathers very well, and it cleans all the gunk out of my hair. Great stuff. Oh, and I love the scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by prcsillusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have nothing bad to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by gabby112409

BEST SHAMPOO, smells amazing!! After washing, your hair feels so silky and light, and for 1$ ?? i wish i would have known about this shampoo years ago, and of course after spending so much money looking for a great one that doesnt leave your hair sticky or weighed down - aaamaaazing !! (i wouldnt have known about this shampoo if it wasnt for the great reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail shampoo. I use it 3 times a week and my curly 4a hair stopped breaking off, became stronger and smells amazing. My scalp feels clean. This shampoo is better than most high priced salon brand shampoos. I haven't found anything that works better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ailasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo! It smells great and has a nice lather! My hair is untreated (no color, no perm, no straightening, i hardly ever even blowdry) so I really don't need any special shampoo. But this shampoo always leaves my hair clean and happy. And I LOVE the price: 99 cents!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by rapunzelfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My Hair: I have thin platinum blond hair, which I bleach/lighten that lacks moisture.

I use quite a bit of product in my hair almost on a daily basis, especially hairspray so whenever my hair starts feeling dull or flatter than usual I use this clarifying shampoo. I probably use it no more than once a month, if that. I absolutely love this product, its dirt cheap and does what its suppose it. Also, unlike many other clarifying shampoos I've used this one did not leave my hair a tangled mess! I use a hot oil treatment after I use this though, since it is a bit drying for me. It smells pretty delicious as well. ;D

Overall: I would definitely repurchase this. Why spend $20+ on a HE clarifying shampoo when this one does the same thing, for a fraction of the price. Can't beat it. ;)