April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by starapples

Really good basic cleanser. It removes all dirt and oil off my face, even really stubborn make-up like waterproof mascara, leaving my bare skin fresh and clean. It is gentle enough to use everyday; no stinging or irritation. This cleanser also smells sooo good! I love the smell. My only complaint is that it's a bit drying and I already have dry skin, so I've reserved using it only once a day at night before a more heavy duty moisturizer. Besides that, I definitely recommend! (It's also super cheap! $3.something at Target!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mshuynh

This product was sensitive on my skin, it did not remove makeup well for me (I do wear full coverage makeup). So I would use this after a makeup remover. The packaging works well. There was not as much lather as I would of liked. But my biggest issue with this product is that it is test on animals, and I'm afraid that's a no no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for sensitive skin and wanting to good makeup remover at the same time. It can burn the eye area a little. But great at removing face makeup. I have very sensitive skin and this was great for me, plus its cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lilyofavalon

This is a really good cleanser - in my opinion, definitely the best out of all of Clean and Clear's. It's gentle but VERY effective at removing non-waterproof makeup, and never leaves my skin feeling dry or tight like other cleansers have. True to its name, it's also great for if you have sensitive skin or rosacea. The pump also makes it super-convenient. At around $4.50 for 6.78 fl. oz. ($.66/fl. oz.), you can't go wrong with the cheap price tag. If you're a fan of the formula but not the packaging or the brand name, Olay's Gentle Foaming Face Wash, for Sensitive Skin with Aloe is basically the same thing in tube form. Hope this was helpful! :)

Ingredient list: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-10, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Laureth-10, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Dmdm Hydantoin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kelley76

This cleanser is my #2 option if my #1 option (Olay's senstive skin cleanser)isn't available.It gentle yet effective,removing all traces of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sassypants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hi, my name is sassypants and I'm a cleanser addict. HOWEVER...... This cleanser might just be my 12 step program, lol. I've rated a lot of cleansers highly because, as Paula Begoun often points out, there are a lot of good and very good affordable cleansers out there. ******* But even my former HG cleanser (R.I.P. Burt's Bees Chamomile Cream Cleanser... dang menthol!) wasn't perfect. This one, however, seems to be. I have had different cleansers perform well in different ways, but never perfectly in ALL ways. Until now. This cleanser: removes every last shred of makeup, not a speck of mascara to be seen anywhere; gets rid of all those annoying little under the skin bumps (not whiteheads) on my cheeks, cleans gently and thoroughly without any type of irritation or unpleasant smell, and leaves my skin feeling balanced (not tight, dry, etc) and helps rapidly clear up acne and fade scars, and it is pretty much dirt cheap (3-something at Wal-Mart).****** I would love to find an affordable cream cleanser that works this well, since I'd rather do without the detergents that make cleansers foam.... but I'm a broke student so if any of y'all know of an incredible, afforable cream cleanser please let me know. But until that day comes I'll stick with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by HotPink27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! It's gentle and foams easily. It's scented sort of like a typical plain liquid hand soap(it would be better unscented or atleast a fresher scent IMO but it's not that bad). It leaves my face clean and soft. I've noticed the tone and texture of my skin looks much better since using this, it doesn't strip my skin but it removes makeup so well at the same time. I also bought the matching astrigent and love that too! My pores have shrunk with it. I will continue to repurchase both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after having a huge breakout of chin acne after using cetaphil gentle bar!!! i've only used this for two days and so far it's done a nice job of cleaning and soothing my irritated face. my skin today looked better than is has looked since before the cetaphil fiasco. i'll continue to use this for a week and see how it works. I'm considering trying the astringent as well to help with my blemishes. i was originally going to purchase "purpose" cleanser but i compared these ingredients with purpose and they were idential. this one was cheaper.

*edit*: I've been using this since the beginning of Thanksgiving week. This stuff is under $4 and does the job of cleansing my sensitive face without being harsh or irritating! I can't complain about that. The price is great, and this basic cleanser is exactly what I needed. Now if only I could find an HG moisturizer and thing's would be all good!
*I used this everyday along with the sensitive skin astringent & this cleanser is HG status for me. It's very basic & gentle & REMOVES ALL OF MY FACE MAKEUP!! 2 thumbs up for being a multipurpose product.*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

Im a bit of a cleanser ho, but not in the sense that I use one morning, noon and night and then ditch it suddenly for another one , Its more that I have a small arsenal of different cleansers for morning or night and for how my skin is feeling and how lazy I am . foaming cleansers are great for nights when I"m tired or in a rush because they take off makeup and cleanse deeply fast but they can be drying and too foamy for my clairisonic also its difficult to find one thats non active for retinol use. For awhile i was using stress control foaming it was only saycilic acid so it didnt interfere with my routine and it wasnt too too drying but you had to use a lot I was buying a bottle like every 3 weeks plus slightly drying . Before that I used neutrogena fresh foaming and yeah that removed makeup and cleaned without breaking me out but it was so drying my skin was so tight after. This is just right its concentrated and foamy but not so much that it drys you out and leaves you tight/irrittes but enough to take off makeup and clean relitivley deeply. with some foaming cleansers my skin felt so dry and tight after i knew my skin would overcompensate and i would wake up increadibly oily, this leaves my skin pretty balanced after i cleanse all the way to the morning , not as balanced as spectro jel (slightly drier) but its a lot faster and easier to use, its probably as non drying as your going to get in a foaming cleanser without added pore clogging moisturizers . It could be a tiny bit less drying and maybe have some anti oxidant or anti redness/sothing ingridients , that would be nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ReeVee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne-prone skin and has mildly sensitive skin. I really, really wanted to like this cleanser, but unfortunately it didn't work out too well. After hearing such great reviews, and seeing how well it turned out for my cousin, i was pretty excited to give this a try. I've been using neutrogena for a long time and i was sick and tired of it. So i decided it was time for a change. After, more or less, 3 weeks of using this product, I have experienced break outs all over my face. I wasn't too sure if this was the culprit or not, however, since i STOPPED using it, my acne had decreased noticeably. Disappointment really does suck. I guess its back to using my stupid neutrogena...