October 30, 2014 | 1139 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche†

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2006 1:54:00 PM More reviews by stoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must say that I only have compliments for the Avene skincare range! I have been using the skin recovery cream and now this rich hydrating cream. Both are great! They seem to instantly calm the skin and skin feels soft and smooth for hours on end AMAZING! It might just be my imagination but they seem to have fadded a few blemishes,maybe it is because the overall condition of my skin has improved ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2006 2:44:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great basic hydrating moisturiser. A nice thick cream - which i love! I find that it does do a great job of moisturising,leaves a nice velvety semi matte finish and has caused absolutely no breakouts or irritation. But now that the colder weather is a coming, my skin is getting a bit more drier and I find i need an even richer cream after cleansing to feel super duper suppleness. So i will repurchase, but after the harsher colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lavanilo

this is my favorite moisturizer.

it's thick and hydrating. perfect for dry and cold weathers. perfect for day and night use.
i like the light version as well. i use the light one in hot humid weathers. it's perfect for my skin. i also mix the light version with any thick sunscreen, and it's good. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Meisje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can think of lots of great things about this product - it calms my sensitive skin, doesnít cause pore clogging or breakouts, hydrates and moisturises, has a very subtle scent, doesnít cost much, the packaging is convenient and hygienic.

And cannot think of one bad thing.

Iíve been using Darphinís Hydraskin and occasionally Dermalogicaís Intensive Moisture Balance but this is just as good and a fraction of the price.

Iím yet to find an Avene product that I donít like. Itís rapidly overtaking Darphin as my favourite skincare brand and my bank account is loving me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Boghopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my all-time favourite moisturizers. It's a nice, basic no-frills hydrator that glides on beautifully and keeps me hydrated all day or night. It's over $30.00 Canadian, which isn't cheap, however, it does hydrate my very dry skin well, so it's worth it. It has a nice, light smell and absorbs quickly. Another winner from Avene!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 6:53:00 PM More reviews by mariska

I've taken a note of this for my winter, dry, flaky, sensitive, yucky skin. This one really made my skin moisturized. The feel was great as well, smooth and well-absorbed. I took this with me skiing and I had no problem having it under my Avene Sunscreen Spray 50+. I felt this harsh, burning sensation on my cheek when it was 4 degrees out and this cream soothed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by RamaG

I have very dry sensitive skin and a the Canadian winter can wreak havoc with my skin. The moisturizer is very effective, absorbs fast and does not leave the skin looking greasy. I wear it during the day and apply a layer of sunscreen over it; no more flaky, irritated skin in the winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by fungh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the new Avene products! I never really liked this cream before because of the scent but now they have changed it! It's more of a refreshing, very light, soap scent. I love Avene products. I have very sensitive skin and their products work the best for me. This is nice for the Canadian winters but too rich for me in the summer. Overall, it's a nice, very moisturizing product that's great for sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2005 3:54:00 PM More reviews by priancag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I live in a cold, dry, rainy climate and my skin is prone to breakouts. This is one of few moisturizers that really hydrates my skin and does not break me out! It has a light texture and soaks right into my skin. An essential winter item.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I normally wouldn't use this in the summer, but it's good for the Canadian winter, lighter than their Cold Cream which is what I use when my skin is very chapped. It absorbs well. I bought this because it was on sale, $22, I probably wouldn't pay full-price $32 for the product. I found my partially-used tube and began using it after my recent chemical peel. It soothed the burn, even better than the Physician's Choice samples they sent home with me. You can stretch this by spritzing on Thermal Water first, then a light coat of Hydrance over top. EDIT Oct/07 No longer using this product, I find Complex 15 one third of the price and more effective.