Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche†

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 1/22/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't get on with this. My skin reacted to it and I haven't a clue why seeing as I am okay with most Avene products. It may be the fragrance? It made my skin red and I didn't find it very moisturising. I have very dry and sensitive skin.

on 1/11/2007 2:13:00 AM

So far, this is the best moisturizer i have ever used. Alot of the middle range to expensive high end product, doesn't really do as promise nor that it received good rave here on MUA but in the end on my face, the result achieve by others that i desire of, always seem to play reverse role upon my face. As usual, i had headache when my moisturiser finish because i had to search here on MUA for a good one and the brand must be available as well but then it usually need some time and miracle to find one, luck really. As again, usual, i look upon moisturizer after finish CD moisturiser without gd result, i give up. I come across this brand and thought i give it a try. I know it would be kinda expensive but not as expensive as CD one. I had tried their cleansing gel wash before but wasn't impressed. I don't think it's that clean enough, well at least for me. But i think i wrote the cleansing review. I am quite fussy on moisturizer. This one smooth my face after using, i like that. Though it's a cream and i'm oily and acne prone skin, i don't think it's that oily yet but though there are a little tiny bump now and then...but since i like the performance that much and not as expensive as a CD, i will continue to get this but i heard about the lighter version, probably used that during day, instead of this. This would be fantastic for nightcream. I hope that Avene won't ever pull of SG or else i would have to search again. Unless i come across a better one, this, for now is my HG moisturizers! Update: Break me out. But it make my skin smooth, oh well! Nothing special when applied in the long run.

on 1/6/2007 11:22:00 PM

This is a great moisturizer when I need a little extra. Normally I can use skin recovery but sometimes in the winter I need more. This sinks right in and doesn't cause any irritation. Your skin really feels well moisturized.

on 12/6/2006 2:59:00 AM

I love this moisturizer! I have problem skin, with occasional flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis. Since my skin is oily, I usually avoid heavy moisturizers, but now, with winter, I had to go back to my derm because every moisturizer I've tried for the past two months has done absolutely nothing for the ultra-dry, chapped skin on my nose and general dehydration of my face. He prescribed Hydrance Optimale Riche, and I love it. It has a very creamy consistency, very comforting for cold weather. I've been using it for two weeks and the overall appearance of my complexion has improved. This moisturizer doesn't clog pores, feels very light (even with the creamy consistency) and does wonders in protecting dry skin from a cold environment.

on 11/23/2006 5:53:00 PM

Great moisturiser. I have problem skin (now improving, thankfully, largely thanks to MUA advice) which is prone to oil production and clogging. Yet I successfully use rich moisturisers and oils. This cream absorbs well and my skin is less affected by temperature fluctuations, dry airconditioned air, etc. and produces less of its own oil as a result.

on 11/15/2006 1:54:00 PM

I must say that I only have compliments for the Avene skincare range! I have been using the skin recovery cream and now this rich hydrating cream. Both are great! They seem to instantly calm the skin and skin feels soft and smooth for hours on end AMAZING! It might just be my imagination but they seem to have fadded a few blemishes,maybe it is because the overall condition of my skin has improved ;-)

on 10/29/2006 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great basic hydrating moisturiser. A nice thick cream - which i love! I find that it does do a great job of moisturising,leaves a nice velvety semi matte finish and has caused absolutely no breakouts or irritation. But now that the colder weather is a coming, my skin is getting a bit more drier and I find i need an even richer cream after cleansing to feel super duper suppleness. So i will repurchase, but after the harsher colder months.

on 10/29/2006 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my favorite moisturizer.

it's thick and hydrating. perfect for dry and cold weathers. perfect for day and night use.
i like the light version as well. i use the light one in hot humid weathers. it's perfect for my skin. i also mix the light version with any thick sunscreen, and it's good. continued >>

on 8/29/2006 6:30:00 AM

I can think of lots of great things about this product - it calms my sensitive skin, doesnít cause pore clogging or breakouts, hydrates and moisturises, has a very subtle scent, doesnít cost much, the packaging is convenient and hygienic.

And cannot think of one bad thing.

Iíve been using Darphinís Hydraskin and occasionally Dermalogicaís Intensive Moisture Balance but this is just as good and a fraction of the price.

Iím yet to find an Avene product that I donít like. Itís rapidly overtaking Darphin as my favourite skincare brand and my bank account is loving me!

on 5/28/2006 9:06:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favourite moisturizers. It's a nice, basic no-frills hydrator that glides on beautifully and keeps me hydrated all day or night. It's over $30.00 Canadian, which isn't cheap, however, it does hydrate my very dry skin well, so it's worth it. It has a nice, light smell and absorbs quickly. Another winner from Avene!