October 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

My right hand was noticeably soft after spraying the Avene Thermal Spring Waters, while my unsprayed left hand was squeaky and leather-like which led me to a conclusion that Avene Thermal Spring Water is not a waste of money after all and delivers all that its distributors claim. So i decided it would perfectly treat my face well and better than chemically derived harsh products. It has been humid and hot, i got some breakouts here and there that tap water only seems to dry out more. I did my Manuka UMF15 Honey Facial Mask and finished off with the Avene thermal spray and my skin wonderfully cleared up in as little as 2 days where as prior to that i was dealing with this unwanted breakouts for five days. I got more than a couple back up bottles. Yes its that good! Feel free to visit by http://www.vividsavvy.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My derm recommended this to me because I was on Roccutane and had dry, red flaky skin. now my skin has recovered and is combination, but i still use this regularly, 2 x a day. Once after a shower and once before my makeup. This helps to sooth the skin and is great when you are having red spots. Get the largest bottles for good value. I have also tried LRP and Vichy sprays but I prefer the fine mist of Avene. I think it spreads out better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I've been getting into French beauty products lately, purely because a lot of them come in sleek packaging and often cater for dry and senstive skin, which is what I have. I wasn't 100% sure what exactly Avene Thermal Spring water was going to do for me, but it was on offer so I decided to try it. Firstly, I love the fact it comes in a can, it is convenient to store, use and makes it more refreshing when you spray it on the face. It reminded me a little bit of Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic, which I also love. What this product seems to do is act as a little bit of an uplift for dry, irritated or sensitive skin. I like to use it right after I have washed my face, just before applying a moisturiser. It seems to make my skin less tight and was good on the sensitive skin around my eyes, because they become a little bit irritated around the time I remove my eye make up. I also love how multi-purpose the product is, you can use it all over the body for anything like sunburn, razor burn, to cool down, rashes, facial redness, irritations, pretty much anywhere you would need it. The reason I would only give this product a three is because it is basically an expensive water. Whilst it definitely benefits sensitive skin sufferers it doesn't get rid of dry skin areas, it hasn't got any anti-aging or toning properties as far as I am aware, it really doesn't do much other than calm irritation. However, having said that, I would still buy it again as it is very refreshing for the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an expensive water. It's good just for refreshing, the only thing I like about this is the feeling when I spray it in my face in the summer, that's it! I don't think it does anything for my acne prone skin, really. And also I've seen too many dermatologists and people saying that thermal water actually dehydrates the skin, and I think it makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes Avene. Yes. This is just a little dry skin refreshing canned miracle. I went away for one week for work and as soon as I got back I practically ran for my bathroom to see my thermal water again. I use this after removing make up to get rid of that filmy feeling micellar water can leave, and again as a sort of toner after cleansing. I always wipe it off with a cotton round. It just does wonders for giving a super clean but not tight feeling. Is also really refreshing. I know how crazy it sounds because arguably it's just water in a can and yet it feels like so much more! Surely we're not all going mad and it actually is a great product. I always have a giant can stashed away!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried lots of water sprays but this one seems to work the best for me. I have really bad rosacea and when my skin doesn't feel right I just mist it with this spray. The bottle is huge so for the price it is not bad, plus it last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know sprays are often used as toners or makeup setters but this one is strictly special occasions-only for me. I don't need it often, but for a few short weeks when spring accelerates into summer, my skin gets itchy and it is time to give my usual regimen a rest. During seasonal transitions I use nothing but this and an ointment from my dermatologist at night. A thorough spray after the shower staves off dryness without causing further irritation, and even the light mineral scent is calming. Let the ointment do the rest of the work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by jrh917

A-mazing mist spray.

Whenever I get burning or irritating skin from using a product that doesn't suit me, I spray this on my face and my skin will 'listen' to it... It calms down immediately and redness reduces.

I don't use it all the time, but when I had too much sun exposure or when I have irritating skin problem. It's a must have item on my powder desk!! Love it love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I bought it today at Shoppers Drugmart, after a great makeup advisor told me that it'd be great for my dehydrated skin! I use this after my face wash and Clarins Exfoliating Brightening Toner and before my moisturizer. I can't stop spraying this, I've been doing little spritzes since I applied my moisturizer, though I haven't tried the "patting it dry" technique which I'm sure would make the hydration more long-lasting. So far I am impressed, it seems to have evened out my skin tone and it is definitely nice for sensitive skin. I bought the medium sized bottle to test this product out and I feel like this will become a staple in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Mir80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

being a dermatologist, I prescribed it 2 my husband who has an acne-prone, oily skin. it did wonders on him. silica in it, also known as beauty mineral or anti-aging mineral improves skin elasticity and also detoxifies it. silica has lots of other health benefits too on bones, brain and immunity etc. well, i started using it too.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No