October 22, 2014 | 918 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre product especially for the price. The color honey is spot on but I do find it a little tedious to blend because the texture is a lot drier than I had anticipated. I've been using Erase Paste for a long time and love how creamy and easy it is to blend but I can only use it under my eyes. I needed something a little more light weight for redness around my t-zone. This is longer and lighter wearing and the coverage is decent but around the eye I have to apply it over a thin layer of First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Concentrate for a smooth application and to prevent this from settling into fine lines. I may try to mix it with primer and see how that goes. This doesn't brighten as well as I'd like either so I end up putting a little Photo Op eye brightener on top. I do like it better on other areas of the face. While I don't love this I won't return it because the color match was great and I'm able to finally find a use for the Photo Op. It had been collecting dust under my bathroom sink forever. I won't go out of my way to repurchase but I can definitely make this tube work until it's finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Before buying this I had been happily using my YSL Anti Cernes concealer, which always creased a bit after application. So when Wayne Goss said liquid concealers did not crease as much as cream concealers, I went and bought this from Sephora. I have NC25 skintone and I intentionally bought this in the shade vanilla, which is about two shades or so lighter than my skin in order to highlight my under eye area. This concealer has a lovely creamy texture and is rather easier to blend with either fingers or brushes. I generally blend it with a combination of fingers and brushes and I apply two layers with this method. Then, I put a small amount on whatever spots of dark circle is still shower and I tap the concealer on with my fingers, no rubbing or buffing with brushes-tap,tap,tap...until its blended it, which usually doesn't take long. The concealer is in itself between medium and full in coverage, but doing the 3 layers helps me get full coverage. I have moderate dark eye circles and this concealers covers 90 percent with the three layer method I use. Even with the three layers, this concealer manages to crease less than the YSL Anti Cernes. Yess!!!

I generally look for full coverage concealers and my only complaint about this concealer is not enough coverage. I suspect that if I used the matching shade of concealer to my skin tone, I would get better coverage because under-eye circles are darker than skin, so a same shade or slightly darker concealer would conceal better than one that is much lighter than skin. I have also found a dupe for this, okay maybe an 80% dupe in the drugstore-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I bought it in the shade Fair i order to highlight the center of my forehead, top of nose, cupid's bow and chin in order to balance out the under eye highlight. I didn't want to use my Nars concealer for all this highlighter because its more expensive. Out of curiosity, I tried using it in my under eye area and found that, hot damn its pretty close to the Nars Radiant Creamy! I find that the Fit Me has a bit less coverage than the Nars and also the finish of the Nars is a bit more satin than the Fit Me. But the Fit Me concealer is more moisturizing than the Nars concealer. So if you're looking for something that is 80% similar to this an a hell of a lot cheaper, look to the Fit Me concealer. The shade Fair in Fit Me is close to the shade Vanilla in Nars Radiant creamy, I just went for Light because I didn't want so much of a highlight on other parts of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love this stuff until I found Hard Candy's glamouflage which works better and is way cheaper.
This stuff used to settle into my fine lines and I'm not a fan at all of the packaging. It's completely unhygienic. I love NARS and their products, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Skin is weird, I guess. I have it in Chantilly and this concealer was perfect for me. And you might not believe it, but this concealer is borderline orange on my hand but my face is a little darker so that's okay. It gives medium-full coverage that didn't cake with a second layer on me. My dark circles are 75% gone with this. Chantilly has yellow undertones which is perfect for me.

Edit: This primes my eyelids! Saved me 20 dollars =D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by scm240

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade: Chantilly
Uses: blemishes, little spots of redness (acne scars? I don't even know but I have pretty good skin), undreyes
skin: normal, sensitive, very, very fair

Thoughts: I had put off buying this for a long time but the color is perfect for me.

I'm part of the small handful of people who were disappointed with this product. Despite the word "creamy" in its name, I found it dry, hard to blend with my fingertip (always a huge plus for me and my busy lifestyle and something I really value in a product), and once it set, it looked cakey and splotchy. Those attributes were even more pronounced in the underye area and I used a primer there and I have normal skin.

I was so excited to use this because CHANTILLY. I MEAN LOOK AT IT. You look at it and think, no way that's even a human skintone; who wears that? With shades like that, my eyes light up and I snatch it up.

Great, great color and I wish shades *this* fair were easily available.

I scoff at what drugstore products call "fair." If Maybelline made the Fit Me concealer in Chantilly, that'd be my holy grail. I returned this concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the last year I have been on a quest for a great concealer that offers coverage for dark circles and also will not fall into fine lines or crack or look drying. This Nars product is it! I purchased this in custard and it conceals and much more. This also highlights and brightens under your eyes. Application is very easy, packaging is great. Just a dab will do. Application with a sponge or finger works fine. This is creamy and light and blends well but still offers maximum coverage. I have used MAC, Bobbi Brown and YSL concealer in the past and there is no comparison, this is my HG. I would definitely repurchase and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by albs

It took me a long time to fall in love with this product. For one thing, I find the shade range to be a little bit of a pain. I initially purchased the shade in Custard because I thought that Honey was too peach and that Vanilla would be too light. On my skin, especially in the winter, Custard is just too dark. I eventually purchased Vanilla and I find that this works fairly well. I would prefer a shade somewhere in the middle, but for times when Vanilla is too light I just mix the two. I use this under my eyes and on blemishes/redness on my face, and I really like it for both purposes. When I apply it under my eyes I ensure that I've moisturized well, I tap some concealer under my eyes and blend it with my Real Techniques sponge or Sephora Airbrush concealer brush. I do think it looks best with the help of some sort of blending tool like a sponge or brush (use gently of course). I also blot with one ply of a Kleenex after I've let it set for a little while and apply a small amount of powder such as the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

i've already repurchased this bad boy. i use the shade chantilly (sp?) - not the best color for under the eyes (yellow based concealers make me look sickly) but it's an excellent spot corrector and is good for highlighting down the bridge of my nose and my forehead. the formula is not too liquid-ey - it's creamy like the name states, and it's best to work quickly with it. it doesn't settle in to my lines or anything weird like that. overall i think NARS did a great job with this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jnicolemurray

Best ever! I have tried so many for under eye darkness. This has great coverage, no drying or wrinkles. No creases. Truly incredible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by elles143

This is a great overall concealer if you don't need crazy coverage. I use it for hyperpigmentation marks, redness in my cheeks, and for under eyes (sometimes in conjunction with an eye brightener- the maybelline dream touch lumi).

It's not too thick, more creamy like the name implies. I use custard and I would say I'm NC20-25. It was a little dark for my winter skin but now that summer is approaching, it matches well.

Most days I'll just use this and powder and I'm good to go, although I don't have super problematic skin to begin with.

At first, I was hesitant of spending the money on this product since I really enjoy using the dream touch lumi but when you compare the cost of product per ml/oz, this is actually a bit cheaper than the dream touch lumi and is more multi-purpose.