NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 1/29/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I live in Canada and it retails over $10 here at Rexall which is the downside but overall its a great product; the consistency is thick and very smooth and I don't even have to wear lipliner because the pigment of the butter gloss is great. The color swatch is darker on my skin in comparison to lips, the lasts less than 5 hours and it doesn't dry out my lips like most lip products do.

on 1/25/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased Tiramisu, in love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So in the beauty store with my girlfriend and I was mulling over which shade to get, I was torn between a bright shade and something more "vampy". I of course have a few brights already, so upon her suggestion I got the more vampy one which was Devil's Food Cake. I didn't try it on immediately since I was pretty intimidated by it, so it sat in my makeup drawer for months. I pulled it out for a little date in the evening, and I stand corrected - it's so pretty. With darker shades, I'm almost afraid of it looking too severe on me, but it was a warm blackberry shade that complimented my skin (NC 50 slightly redder) skintone quite well. Coverage was sheer, but buildable and no settling in any lip lines, very comfortable to wear and ohh definitely not sticky (I hate that). It does wear off, but I'm cool with that because it didn't leave my lips crispy which is a plus. Lastly, the smell which reminded me of vanilla cupcakes wasnt too powerful, but a nice touch to lipglosses aptly named after baked goods which I thought was cute. Very good glosses, it's a rebuy for sure.

on 1/17/2015 9:42:00 PM

Own quite a few butter glosses. Love these so much. Awesome price and extremely buttery and come in tons of colors. My favorites are eclair and tiramisu! Also the smell is to die for (in my opinion) but if you're not into sweet smelling things, they may not be for you.

on 1/17/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in fortune cookie which is a light nude pinkish color. Smells like graham crackers- sweet and not overpowering and flowery. This is the smoothest gloss I have- not tacky at all and it feels like I'm adding moisture to my lips. If this were clear I'd totally use it as a lip balm. With this shade I only use a dab on my bottom lip and smack my lips together and that seems to be enough to lighten up my super red lips. I use this all the time since it's not super shiny. Perfect for casual days. Would buy again.

Sooooo obsessed. Application is smooth and creamy, the pigmentation is amazing for a gloss like this, and they smell SO delicious!! Every time I wear this gloss I crave sweets. I love the great variety of shades available.

on 1/13/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lip gloss for a great value. It feels really smooth on my lips, no stickiness or goop. I'm almost 30 and I wear lip gloss sometimes and lipstick other times...I don't feel that lip gloss is a "teen" trend.

on 1/12/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love these glosses!! I have 3 neutral pinky type shades creme brle, apple strudel and vanilla cream pie. I typically use these alone with a lip liner and always get compliments on them.

They are a buttery texture and not sticky at all (hence the name). Of course they come off when you eat and drink but they don't claim to be long lasting.

Will definitely be buying again.

I haven't been big on lip gloss since I was young, I feel like lip gloss is more of a tweenage thing. But these butter glosses are like lip gloss for adults. They go on super smooth and creamy, and give your lips a great sheer color that isnt too super shiny like a lot of other gloss. They stay put pretty well and aren't sticky or gooey, but also not watery to the point where the gloss runs down your lip line on the bottom. These are great worn alone or with lipstick underneath.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm not particularly blown away but at the same time there isn't much to complain about. It goes on like a gloss, but looks like lipstick. For some reason I thought it would be matte, but it isn't. The color I have it in is Madeleine and its a nude color. And at six bucks it's a pretty good deal.

Popular Lip Glosses