April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by melisaRN816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

smells great, feels smooth, long lasting pigment, and you can build it up or blot it down. I have it in Amsterdam. I'll be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bargain! I love the Nyx line & really can't say enough good things about them! This is my favorite Nyx gloss. It's very smooth & buttery, not sticky or tacky at all. They also have great pigmentation and have a decent lasting power. They're a steal when they're on sale at Ulta! I just finally purchased the entire line because they were 40% off..that's amazing! Creme brulee & Morengue are my faves! I will always repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade I own is Creme Brulee. This one is the perfect nude for my skin tone. I like the texture of this gloss, its more soft than sticky but I recommend applying this on clean, exfoliated lips or it can get a bit messy. My one complaint is that even with no eating, drinking or kissing, this gloss wears off pretty quickly. if you're looking for an affordable, pretty gloss that goes with multiple makeup looks, this is a good find.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

I had read reviews of this gloss a couple of places and was curious to give it a try. I went in Ulta today and all of the NYX things were 40% off, so I thought I'd give it a go. It cost me all of $2.61, and I am pleasantly surprised! I bought it in Peaches and Cream, which is a soft pinkish peach. I'm not one for Barbie lips, and this is real-girl-just-want-to-perk- up-my-face good. It's a lovely little nothing-dramatic, just pretty color.

I can't speak for wear yet, but at this price, who cares? It's a perfect, wear-with-anything, everyday shade, feels nice on, not sticky or slimy. No ick.

May go back and get an extra to keep in the car when I need something quick and pretty for a touch-up. Might stick one in my travel bag too. And my school bag. And my purse. And...you get the picture.

Try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm not a huge lipgloss fan, but wanted to try these. I have creme brulee. From swatching other colours in the store, they seem quite pigmented for a gloss. They're not sticky, which I think is why they don't last very long (lasted about 1.5 hours on me). I'll probably get some of the other colours to try. They didn't amaze me, but they're a nice gloss.. I just wish they lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love these. Like, way more than I was expecting and way more than a large majority of my HE glosses. These are creamy, smooth, non sticky, add the perfect amount of color and smell amazing. Not to mention how blown away I am with Tiramisu being the absolute perfect nude for me when 95% of nude lip colors wash me out completely. These leave my lips feeling moisturized and smooth and last a decent amount of time for a gloss. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG this has become my favorite gloss! I own Guerlain, LancĂ´me, Dior, Chanel glosses, and this one is by far better (and 10 times cheaper!).

I got the Maple Blondie one, and it is a yummy shiny light pink on my lips. Not overly glossy, just enough glow to look natural. It feels silky and buttery soft while applying, and it stays feeling that way for a long time. I'm actually impressed with its lasting power, because it's not that sticky and I would have guessed it would last maybe an hour or so, but nope...it lasts 3-4 hours on me!

The scent is also subtle but candy-like and very appealing.

And best of all, my lips stay moisturized and soft! While Guerlain's glosses for example dry my lips out, this gloss acts like a balm and never lets any dryness creep in.

I will most definitely buy more, I have at least 2 or 3 other shades in mind :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Love these glosses. I find myself reaching for them whenever I'm looking for a subtle and fresh-looking accent to a natural look. These are true glosses, not a liquid lipcolor masquerading as a gloss like Revlon Colorburst (which I also love) and some others that are out there. But they are good, true glosses that feel light and moisturizing on the lips. So far, I have Maple Blondie and Cherry Pie, but I am definitely thinking of getting more. Maple Blondie is a nice light peachy pink that goes on sheer but still noticeable, might be a MLBB for some people, for me it's a bit lighter than my lips in almost a 60s-mod way, but it's glossy so of course it doesn't look that mod. I wish that I could find this color in a matte form actually!! But it's very nice. Cherry Pie is a sheer, juicy cherry red that is a very wearable daytime red for pretty much any skin tone. I'm very fair and I love it. It's bright but not garish. At only $5 I would definitely recommend these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I have all shades and every single one offers a nice amount of pigmentation and works well on my pigmented lips. The fragrance smells yummy and the texture does indeed feel super creamy.....like butter. I hope NYX plans on introducing new shades in the future. I definitely plan on being a repeat purchaser of these beauties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tend to stay away from lip glosses nowadays -- lately I'm all about moisturizing lipsticks or stains. However, because I heard so many great things about the NYX Butter Glosses, I decided to pick one up (and if I didn't like it, I was only out five bucks). The one I chose was Creme Brulee, a natural nudish pink. I thought it'd be more nude rather than pink because of the name and packaging, but the color appears as more of a baby pink on my lips. No biggie...it's still a nice color. The formula is comfortable and buttery, almost slick. Because of its thin formula, it tends to wear off within a half hour, which is to be expected for a gloss anyway. Coverage is semi-sheer but can be built up slightly -- don't expect full on color here. Also, the smell is wonderful, kinda like strawberry marshmallows. I'd repurchase.