Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

4.1

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 6/6/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SELECTED SHADE: medium tan (NC37 for reference)
APPLICATION METHOD: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium - full coverage
- satin finish
- long wearing
- lightweight when applied with a sponge
- little goes a long way
- does not cling to dry spots

CONS

- packaging
- feels heavy when applied with a brush
- scent
- no oil control
- settles into fine lines
- shade selection

COMMENTS: Full coverage, long wearing foundation with a semi-matte finish at a low price. This will initially feel heavy, especially if you apply this with a dense brush. It's lightweight when applied with a sponge.The packaging could be better as product tends to keep being pushed out even when you're not squeezing the tube. A little goes a long way with this stuff - coverage is great. I don't like the scent, though. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'm glad it doesn't linger. There isn't any oil control. It stays put, though. The shade selection could be better and I find that this does settle into fine lines pretty quickly. It looks aging, so this is a no-go for me.

Will not repurchase.

on 6/5/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in medium and it was a pretty good match. The product is nice, covers well enough and gives a nice finish. However, according to Paula Begoun, there is an ingredient in this product which is not good to keep on skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Wow, I don't think it gets any better for the price! It gives true medium coverage, so I still need a concealer for bad areas. It glides on like butter and stays for about 10 hours on me. It promises a satin-matte finish and it certainly lives up to its claims. You might get more wear if you use a primer/setting spray/powder. I have it in the shade "Fair" which has neutral to yellow undertones on me.

on 6/3/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Most certainly a diamond in the rough!

I usually stay far away from "really cheap" drugstore foundations, because if they don't break me out, they are orange. If they're not orange, then they have 0% coverage. If they have coverage, they don't last at all, etc. But not this one!

The colour selection is great -- they have about 3 different shades per "type" of skin tone -- I use the colour "light" (second from palest), and it matches my skintone perfectly -- no dreaded line, no dreaded orangey-ness. I usually apply it in spots all over my face with my fingers, and then blend it out with a flat-top brush. Since I have oily skin, I always powder over foundation, although I feel like I might be able to slip under the wire with this one -- it's not greasy in the slightest, either.

My only two complaints would be, first off, the smell is kind of strange, but really not terribly strong or nauseating, and it's only noticeable right out of the tube. The tube claims that it is "medium to full coverage", and well, I would say that it is a solid medium. Great coverage, but I wouldn't really call it a full-coverage.

Great product, either way -- and so cheap! My HG!

on 5/28/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT 6/6/2014: This product ended up breaking me out. These tiny bumps that I never get unless some product is clogging my pores. Also, the scent became very cloying. However, I did really like the formula and wished it worked out for me - it was so creamy and covered all the redness in my face. Guess it's back to my beloved Clinique Foundation - I'd rather spend extra instead of breaking out! However, this is an amazing bargain of a foundation if your skin is not sensitive to it!:)

Creamy and dreamy! I love it when I find a new drugstore gem! I didn't think this was going to be that good, but it is very smooth, has medium coverage, and feels comfortable. I like to apply this with a makeup sponge instead of fingers. When I do, it looks so dewy and fresh.

The price ended up only being $1.50! It was BOGO free and I had a $1 coupon on top of it. So that's why I decided to try it. I like the packaging - makes for easy travelling. I purchased this in the fair, and the color looks very neutral. There is no perfume-y scent either, but a fragrance that I don't really notice anymore. It doesn't seem as if it has oxidized. I had tried the tinted moisturizer, but my skin itched and I developed rashes (most likely the sunscreen it that one!)

Very inexpensive and performs great. I like the packaging for travel. No more having to worry about a glass bottle breaking! They do need to make the opening smaller as I feel too much product comes out - so I have to be really careful. Limited range of colors, but cheap enough that you can buy two and custom blend your own shade. I did purchase the matching powder and really like it as well. WnW has improved so much since my high school years... it's like a whole different cosmetics line! Check them out for when you need a cheap and cheerful pick-me-up!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

These are so cheap but have high end foundation coverage. Its medium to full coverage. It evens my skin tone, covers my acne, acne scars and the redness. The only problem but it's a big problem for me is that this does not last long. I have oily skin and it only lasted about an hour or so. It completely disappeared from my skin even after I set it with powder. This foundation has potential, I probably just need a better setting powder.

I really didn't expect much from this inexpensive foundation, but this is my new go-to foundation. The buildable medium coverage looks smooth and even without looking cakey or unnatural. On its own, it's a satin-matte finish, but I wear it with a setting powder to keep my oil at bay. With a setting powder (I use Ben Nye Neutral Set), this foundation lasts through my eight hour workday without separating, wearing off, or separating. It even stays put and doesn't smudge all over my phone (something every other foundation has done). And best of all, Fair matches my NC10 skin pretty darn well (it's slightly more neutral than I am), and doesn't oxidise into an orange mess by the end of the day! I've already purchased two backup tubes.

But there are downsides: This foundation can be a bit streaky if I apply it too quickly, so I have to take the time to gently pat this into the skin. And the packaging leaves much to be desired. It's very easy to dispense too much product (especially if you foolishly open it on a pressurized aircraft - blame jetlag). However, these are minor concerns in my book. I don't think I'll be switching foundations any time soon.

6/25/14 Edited to add: I've found that this foundation looks even nicer when I apply it with my fingers rather than with a brush. I've tried several different brushes and application techniques, but something about my fingers just makes this stuff apply like a dream.

on 5/18/2014 11:31:00 PM

I this is a good foundation. It has good coverage and texture. This is a rather thick foundation I wouldn't recommend it if you want something low coverage. The packaging for this foundation is cheap. It comes in a plastic tube that if you squeeze even a little too hard a lot will come out. The price of this foundation is amazing it is $2-$3. I haven't found a good cheap foundation except for this one. I think this works better with dry skin because its thick and moisturizing. If you have oily skin it might be an oil slick. A foundation to try.

on 5/17/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This might be good if you:
*) like soft matte finish & medium coverage
*) have normal, combination, slightly dry or slightly oily
*) can find your shade match

I am currently living in a country where it's hot, humid and sunny all year round. Sadly I have to report that Coverall just doesn't perform on my super oily and tend-to-flake skin. It gets patchy and streaky within 4-5 hours (this complain is the bane of my life!) then it will do the slow fade out onto oblivion. For sure it is nowhere near the power of ELDW/L. To be fair it may perform better in cooler surrounding and it's soooo lovely and give my face a soft focus before my oils destroy everything.

I can understand other girls loving it though, but it's not HG for me.

Fair is around NC15-20. I find the best way to use this is to tap using a wet sponge for the 1st layer, followed by fingers for the 2nd layer on necessary areas, again by tapping. The combination of Coverall and a dry foundation brush (of whatever kind) only exacerbate my flakiness.

on 5/11/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit 2: wow this destroys my skin every time i (with trepidation) attempt to try it out again. down a million stars. my skin is covered in tiny bumps and big pimples, from using it the past couple of days, and my normally good skin is my pride :(
edit: down a star. I might be sensitive to an ingredient as I'm noticing bumps and under-the-skin pimples.. Paula's Choice says: "This contains a small amount of the preservative methylisothiazolinone, which is known to be sensitizing and generally is not recommended for use in leave-on products." Therefore not for everyday after all! :(

I promise you that this is an amazing excellent med (can be built to almost full) coverage foundation. As long as you can find a colour match (if not, i've heard great things about Maybelline Dream liquid mousse). Medium is spot on for me. It comes out smooth. It glides on and covers well but NOT geisha/clown/extravagantly cakey or full coverage. With a concealer used sparingly--and the ACCOMPANYING pressed powder from the same line--you get the most lovely smooth realistically perfect, amazing skin. With the powder pressed and smoothed on top with a sponge, then buffed with Ecotools kabuki brush--it lasts hours!! Not bad. Perfect for everyday wear when you don't want to waste the stuff that costs 30 dollars or more (I've even used a 100 and smthing dollar base--this one is BETTER), but look like you have! i tried it on top of another foundation too just to see if it would get cakey/gross but it didn't. Stock up if you like it! They better not take this off the shelves!!!