July 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Having worn this foundation for two weeks, I am not surprised by its immense popularity - for the price, it is a great foundation, so long as the limited colors fit your skin tone (that is one limitation).

I did not have great expectations, but I am completely sold. It was a surprise how dark "light" shade looks in the tube, yet upon application it covers redness and, as another reviewer noted, looks like skin. It is very pleasant to work with and the cream texture is very economical. I used to have to use a primer for another liquid foundation, but with this one, I don't and it never runs or settles. In fact, I found that it is better to not wear a primer, as it makes my skin more shiny (I have normal-oily skin). Just a light moisturizer. I do use the setting powder with it, and it lasts all day without ever sinking in pores. No breakouts, and the color stays true all day. I am also in love with the squeezy tube and a size that is smaller than most foundations. It is only $3.99 and cruelty-free. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by simaagayeva

I have re-purchased this already. I really enjoy this foundation. I only use a pea-sized squeeze for my entire face and neck. Without moisturizer or primer on beforehand, this can look very thick, cakey, and can seep into dry patches. However, with proper exfoliation and moisturizing beforehand, this really looks great on my skin. I have gotten so many compliments since I started using it three months ago. Even after applying moisturizer and letting it dry, I still mix a little glob of moisturizer with the actual foundation and blend it all over. When I'm needing extra brightness, I use a tiny amount of highlighter mixed in and pat it into my browbone area, apples of cheeks, into my temples, cupid's bow, etc (wherever the light would hit the face). I never have a problem with this oxidizing or wearing off. It's a great product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by NadoChick17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation thick and does not blend will. It did nothing for my oily skin and and actually made it worse. Not that I was expecting anything amazing from $4 foundation but it's not even worth that price, spend an extra $5 and get the Covergirl outlast fabulous 3 in 1 foundation, my holy grail foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I'm blown away by the quality of this foundation for $3 and some change! The finish is natural/dewy but keeps my skin from turning into an oil slick and it doesn't oxidize or change color midday. New HG and it replaces my beloved Nyx concealer as you get more product for your $$ with wet n wild. My only gripe is shade selection..seriously wtf the colors are dark and mostly pink undertones! I have yellow toned NC 20-25 skin and couldn't find a match, so I mix the fair shade with medium/tan and it's perfect. Just a heads up you may need to buy 2 shades and custom blend it to match-medium/tan is the only shade I swatched which has a warm, yellow undertone so I recommend it for anyone with warmer tones. This foundation stays fresh all day long and my skin is very oily, no breakouts either yay! I apply with my finger tips then dust pressed powder on top for a natural, everyday finish. For days I need more coverage, I use a concealer and flat-top brush to swirl it onto my skin. Highly recommend for those who want a natural, medium coverage foundation that feels light and airy on skin, I forget it's foundation at all. HG:)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The price and the packaging for this product is great- can't go wrong with a squeezy tube. I think I got mine for around $3-4. Lovely finish and coverage. To me, it's pretty reminiscent of LM Silk Creme. It is slightly thinner, and not as much coverage as LM. It still has a decent medium coverage- build able to full. It has a funky smell, but nothing that can't be overlooked. Not perfumed, but just funny smelling. This line is very very fair, and also very pink! I took off a lippie for the odd color selection. This foundation is definitely beautiful, love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really surprised at how far just a little of this product went on my face. It comes out really thick! I have an oily t-zone and really dry cheeks so I always have to apply a moisturizer. It spread just fine on top of my day lotion. I have been wearing it every day for a week now and have experienced no breakouts.

Although I would prefer a pump, I found the packaging to be ok for something so inexpensive. I am a high school teacher therefore there is no time for touchups for me during the day so I was impressed it lasted through some grueling class periods. I have fair skin and freckles and the lightest shade did not leave a funky orange shade so overall this is a "will purchase again" foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by JerseyGyrl

I typically use mineral powder foundation (Studio Mineral Makeup) but, decided I wanted to wear something with more coverage in the Fall & Winter months.

I haven't worn a liquid or cream foundation in years and had no idea where to begin. I purchased 4 foundations to try. Revlon Nearly Naked, Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1, Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and Wet n Wild Coverall. I wasn't impressed with Nearly Naked because (and I shoud've known) as the name implies, the coverage was very sheer. The Cover Gril Stay Fabulous is a nice foundation. I mix Classic Ivory with Creamy Natural and it is a pretty good match for me. The Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse is way too pink for me. I admit I was skeptical about the Wet n Wild Coverall but, I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised! I mix the Fair shade with the Fair/Light shade and it is a perfect match! I do this on the back of my hand and apply with my Elf Flat Top Powder brush. The finish is a satin finish (not overly matte, not overly dewy). I set it with the Wet n Wild Coverall pressed powder in Light/Medium using my EcoTools Powder brush. Mid afternoon I apply a little more powder to my t-zone because I have combination skin but, all in all, this foundation is great! It does not oxidize on me. I am very pleased with it, especially for the price!

I will definitely repurchase. Wet n Wild has really stepped up to the plate with this foundation & pressed powder!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very surprised!
No strong odor, great creamy texture, good shade variety. Unfortunately it made my break out on my chin, where my skin is most sensitive. I like to mix it with a moisturizer because it can be a little think for daytime in my opinion.

The only problem with the packaging is it starts coming out before I even apply much pressure. I'm sure that will go away once I use up more though!

Definitely worth trying it out. Wet n' Wild has really stepped up their game!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by carpsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this foundation! found it at walmart for $4.97 canadian and I couldn't be more happy. i suffer from adult acne pretty bad (starting to clear up now after using equate acne treatment system) and this cover up completely concealed everything. I bought the lightest shade they have (#518) and it is perfect for my pale skin. I will update this once I've used it for a week or 2 to make sure it doesn't cause my to break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by bonnydoon

Love this. I'm a NC 20/25 and purchased the light/medium shade and its a perfect match. The foundation is creamy and blends very easily over my moisturizer. I squirt out a pea/chick pea size dollop that I rub between my fingers and blend from the centre of my face outwards. It looks amazing. The finish is matte but not dull and covers minor imperfections (mostly redness) flawlessly. It layers very easily so you can take this from light to full coverage and I also use it as spot concealer. It looks like skin!! T

I have combination skin and this product does not exacerbate either dryness or oiliness. The real bonus for me is that there are no sunscreen ingredients in this foundation (I've noticed that in other products, such as Rimmel foundation, octinoxate is listed in the ingredients even though the foundation is not spf rated) which is great since octinoxate can degrade avobenzone.

It holds up all day on me but I haven't tested it in hot, humid weather. The formulation is quite light and not oil based so I suspect it might wear off due to excessive sweating.

There are no negatives with this product for me. I haven't noticed a chemical scent.

I've had this now for 5 months and see no reason to switch.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No