November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

feels good going on, but creases up like crazy. also, i have fair/light skin so i bought "light", which is still way to pink for me. it looks good when applied, but 2 hours later it looks really pink/orange. pretty sure it also gave me under eye milia, which cleared up within a week after i took a break using the product.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rsrph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Before buying this product I had tried 3 other bb creams trying to find the right one for me. They were mostly greasy and the color was always way off. To make them work I would have to mix them with untinted moisturizer to adjust the shade, blend like crazy and then remove most of the product I put on in the first place. It just was not working.

I bought this one based on the reviews (not to mention the reasonable price and availability.) Success! The limited shades might be an issue for some but the light one was perfect for my skin. I just squeeze a little at a time on the tips of my fingers and dab it in, it is not greasy at all, and by layering it over a gossamer thin layer of Africas Secret multipurpose skin cream (it is a little like Vaseline) my skin looks dewy all day. A dab of concealer where needed, and I am done, a simple, confident face all day long. I really like this bb cream and would buy it again and again. If you are working your way through all the bb creams trying to find the right one for you, this one is definitely worth a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive acne prone skin...I break out regularly (mostly hormonal) and when I attempt treatment of my acne (salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide) it dries me out and I become flaky. I was using Dermaquest Skin Therapy Breathable Coverage SPF 30 which I bought from my esthetician after explaining to her that I really only ever trusted Bare Minerals but I was looking for liquid coverage to hide my acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. I really loved everything about the Dermaquest "foundation"/full coverage moisturizer, but $60 every month or so is just too expensive as a college student. So I went drugstore hunting for a NATURAL, medium-full coverage, dewy, less than $20 BB/CC cream. I tried Almay's CC cream and hated it, and I didn't really trust any other drugstore brands (chemicals, fillers & gunk! OH MY!). I have often stopped and read the backs of Lumene products, but as a 20 year old I'm not really that concerned with aging...yet! So I bought this in shade 1 (c'mon guys, only TWO shades?!) luckily it is pretty close to my natural skin tone. It is a little pink for me, but I blend well. It has the slightest citrus scent that fades quickly (it's very refreshing like orange juice for your face in the morning). I am OBSESSED with its consistency: it goes on creamy but doesn't stay creamy it quickly sinks into skin. This creamy phase gives me enough time to blend it into my skin, but then it STICKS! I have oily skin (if it's not all dried out from products) and I prefer a glowy healthy look, this could be set with powder but I like its slight sheen. I still use cover up, but the coverage is pretty phenomenal for a BB cream. It has not made me break out and I think it's helping my scars/dark spots! :) I would absolutely repurchase this...I wish they would make more shades- I'm worried I won't be okay to wear this dark shade in winter :( I am curious to try their CC cream now...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinT

I recently bought this BB cream after reading tons of reviews for a lot of brands. This one smells very nice, is SPF 20, and hasn't made me breakout yet. I bought it in "Light", and it would probably be too dark for most fair/pale people. I am slightly tan this summer, so it works for me, but it might be too dark in the winter. I haven't found it to be drying at all, and the coverage is definitely light. It doesn't replace foundation. It's basically a nice tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this BB cream every day for over a year now, and I'm only on my second bottle. One bottle definitely lasts a long time! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Looks really natural (gives a warm, healthy glow)
- Anti-age (SPF 20)
- Lasts forever
- Worth the price because it lasts such a long time!
- Stays on all day, though requires setting with powder and blotting during the day.
- Nice package (it's possible to get all the product out!)
- Covers really, really nicely

Cons:
- Only two shades and the lighter shade is pretty dark.
- Very thick consistency, has to be applied very fast. Using a beauty oil underneath helps with the application.
- Doesn't feel moisturizing enough, but beauty oil fixes that problem too.
- Illuminating, so without powder it looks a bit greasy. Needs setting up with powder.

The beauty oil I use for the extra moisture and easier application is Lumene Intense Recovery Beauty Oil. It works really well together with this BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using this BB cream (& I have many!) My favorite BB cream for a couple of years has been the Missha Signature Real BB cream from Korea. I decided to go mostly cruelty free several months ago & wanted to find a cruelty free BB cream to replace my beloved Missha (still have my backups!) This BB cream by Lumene fits the bill quite well. I've used Lumene skincare in the past with good results and after further investigation found out this Finnish company is cruelty free. I'm on my 2nd and 3rd tube now! I went through an entire tube of light and now I'm mixing light and medium for the summer. It provides just enough moisture (over my daily moisturizer) & a decent amount of coverage, leaving my skin looking more even and radiant (not sparkly though!) It has a mild orange scent that dissipates quickly and the lasting power is decent when set with a light dusting of powder. I'd say this provides light-medium coverage with a satin-glow finish. It sets after a few minutes and feels nice and light on my skin, not heavy or greasy at all. I still love my Missha, but I'm so glad I discovered this product, I really love it too!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

I've been really enjoying this bb cream, especially since summer has arrived. This gives light to medium coverage but looks natural. It gives the skin a healthy glow and i do feel my skin has improved since i started using it. It smells of a light citrus scent, which doesnt bother me at all! It also comes with 1.7 fl oz which should last me a while. If you are oily skinned like myself, i do suggest using a powder to set. The only downside is that there are only 2 colors - light and medium. At $15 a tube, its a bit more than your average drugstore bb cream, but it beats all the other drugstore ones like loreal, garnier, etc. Higly recommend!! (:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by heidiem

I really like this product. I sometimes hate the feeling of foundation on my face especially in the summer when it melts off. This bb cream makes my skin look really nice and even. It feels light on my face and it blends easily. I top this off with a pressed powder. I have seen improvement in my skin since I started using it, my pores seem smaller and there's less redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

I am of East-Asian decent, 38-yrs old, live in Southern Cal. (I think all reviews should start like this so the reader can get an idea of the reviewers complexion, environment, etc.) I just got a sample from CVS so I really don't have an opinion about the packaging, but after using this sample one time, I'm sold. It's just as good as my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer at only about 1/4th the price. It gives me light coverage, but enough to smooth out my skin tone, cover imperfections, moisturizes my skin, and has sun protection. It leaves my skin feeling dewy, but I usually finish with a powder to matte up my skin anyway, so that's not a problem. Also, i have dry skin so I welcome the moisture. I normally use SAND for Laura Mercier. For the Lumene BB cream 02-medium is my color. I'm so glad i didn't buy a new product before trying this BB cream. I'm not so sure about the brightening affect. I can't tell, but it does everything else it claims. I love it! Also, it has a nice citrus-y scent when you first put it on, then fades away quickly. I will be using this instead of foundation.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In theory, this product should be fabulous. It's tinted moisturizer, SPF20, and a little heavier on the base for concealing. For summer--great idea but as others have reported, this turns orangey and I've had that experience with other cheaper foundations, Too bad because if someone could get it right, I would pay more for this type of product. I paid $14.99.