July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this BB cream every day for over a year now, and I'm only on my second bottle. One bottle definitely lasts a long time! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Looks really natural (gives a warm, healthy glow)
- Anti-age (SPF 20)
- Lasts forever
- Worth the price because it lasts such a long time!
- Stays on all day, though requires setting with powder and blotting during the day.
- Nice package (it's possible to get all the product out!)
- Covers really, really nicely

Cons:
- Only two shades and the lighter shade is pretty dark.
- Very thick consistency, has to be applied very fast. Using a beauty oil underneath helps with the application.
- Doesn't feel moisturizing enough, but beauty oil fixes that problem too.
- Illuminating, so without powder it looks a bit greasy. Needs setting up with powder.

The beauty oil I use for the extra moisture and easier application is Lumene Intense Recovery Beauty Oil. It works really well together with this BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using this BB cream (& I have many!) My favorite BB cream for a couple of years has been the Missha Signature Real BB cream from Korea. I decided to go mostly cruelty free several months ago & wanted to find a cruelty free BB cream to replace my beloved Missha (still have my backups!) This BB cream by Lumene fits the bill quite well. I've used Lumene skincare in the past with good results and after further investigation found out this Finnish company is cruelty free. I'm on my 2nd and 3rd tube now! I went through an entire tube of light and now I'm mixing light and medium for the summer. It provides just enough moisture (over my daily moisturizer) & a decent amount of coverage, leaving my skin looking more even and radiant (not sparkly though!) It has a mild orange scent that dissipates quickly and the lasting power is decent when set with a light dusting of powder. I'd say this provides light-medium coverage with a satin-glow finish. It sets after a few minutes and feels nice and light on my skin, not heavy or greasy at all. I still love my Missha, but I'm so glad I discovered this product, I really love it too!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

I've been really enjoying this bb cream, especially since summer has arrived. This gives light to medium coverage but looks natural. It gives the skin a healthy glow and i do feel my skin has improved since i started using it. It smells of a light citrus scent, which doesnt bother me at all! It also comes with 1.7 fl oz which should last me a while. If you are oily skinned like myself, i do suggest using a powder to set. The only downside is that there are only 2 colors - light and medium. At $15 a tube, its a bit more than your average drugstore bb cream, but it beats all the other drugstore ones like loreal, garnier, etc. Higly recommend!! (:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by heidiem

I really like this product. I sometimes hate the feeling of foundation on my face especially in the summer when it melts off. This bb cream makes my skin look really nice and even. It feels light on my face and it blends easily. I top this off with a pressed powder. I have seen improvement in my skin since I started using it, my pores seem smaller and there's less redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by frugal2

I am of East-Asian decent, 38-yrs old, live in Southern Cal. (I think all reviews should start like this so the reader can get an idea of the reviewers complexion, environment, etc.) I just got a sample from CVS so I really don't have an opinion about the packaging, but after using this sample one time, I'm sold. It's just as good as my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer at only about 1/4th the price. It gives me light coverage, but enough to smooth out my skin tone, cover imperfections, moisturizes my skin, and has sun protection. It leaves my skin feeling dewy, but I usually finish with a powder to matte up my skin anyway, so that's not a problem. Also, i have dry skin so I welcome the moisture. I normally use SAND for Laura Mercier. For the Lumene BB cream 02-medium is my color. I'm so glad i didn't buy a new product before trying this BB cream. I'm not so sure about the brightening affect. I can't tell, but it does everything else it claims. I love it! Also, it has a nice citrus-y scent when you first put it on, then fades away quickly. I will be using this instead of foundation.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In theory, this product should be fabulous. It's tinted moisturizer, SPF20, and a little heavier on the base for concealing. For summer--great idea but as others have reported, this turns orangey and I've had that experience with other cheaper foundations, Too bad because if someone could get it right, I would pay more for this type of product. I paid $14.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loving this so far. I wanted something lighter than traditional foundation for the summer months. The shade medium seems to warm up nicely to my tan skin tone. I do go over this with my glominerals pressed powder foundation to set it & matte my t zone. Together it's perfect coverage without feeling too heavy. I have some acne scarring & dark spots & it covers them very well. I will say it doesn't hold up well in heat. I wore it out in the heat & it completely melted off where my sunglasses were. It was totally obvious, and that's my only major complaint.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll start with the one not so great thing about this product, it can feel tacky on your skin. However, a light dusting of powder takes care of this. On my combo skin, this adds great luminosity without looking greasy at all. It also blurs my imperfections and I only need a little concealer on acne, but no concealer needed under my eyes. The coverage stays in place for quite a few hours which is good for a BB cream. I also noticed that it looks pretty natural in daylight. I have the light shade and even with my summer slightly tanned skin, this is adjusting nicely. I really like this and will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this bb when I ran out of my Skin79 VIP Gold and the US website was sold out of evvvverrryy size of it. I didnt want to wait til my VIP Gold came back in stock so I started looking for a good drugstore one to tide me over. Based on the reviews, Lumene's seemed like a good fit. It was 15 and change at CVS which is cheaper than the one I was using by half but it also comes with a little less. The tube is fine, sanitary and doesn't glop up in the cap. The consistency is okay, seems hard to spead at first but once you have a coat if you need a little more it will melt on evenly. The color of the light one is a little to dark for me, and maybe not yellow enough but I use a little regular foundation mixed in and it's fine. The spf is a little low and not truly broad-spectrum but it's a chemical sunscreen instead of a physical one and since some people can't wear physical sunscreens it's a good option to have. The foundation I mix it with has better spf so I'm not bothered but other ladies might want to moisturize with something with a broad spectrum of 30 or better. Coverage isnt bad, can be built. It moisturizes well enough, i have no dry patches. I dont think it broke me out, i think horomones gave me a pimple or two at the same time i used it. In any event, it hasn't irritated me further. Overall it's the only western bb I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I tried Garnier, both versions, one too greasy and orange, the other too dry and cakey. Maybelline, tanned with it, not thrilled. L'Oreal, way too expensive for little product and orange. After reading the reviews here, I got this in Light and it is a perfect match for my skin. It was on sale at Walgreens. I like the smell and how it covers the brown spots under my eyes and it didn't break me out. I did get somewhat oily after 3-4 hours during our heat wave here but a little touch up with powder took care of that. I would buy again.