October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I was seriously impressed by this product. It feels like velvet on my face and blends easily. It does not feel chalky or look unnatural. It adds a subtle hint of color, but looks makeupless. I use the fair bb cream because I am very light-skinned and I can say it takes out the redness in my skin without making me look pasty. This is perfect for the summer or for girls who do not like to wear a lot of makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product. In fact so much that I am on my second tube. It has all of the essentials that I am looking for in a primer. However, it has wreaked HAVOC on my skin and unfortunately, I have just figured out that this was the culprit. Acne all over including monstrous cystic acne. A breakout bonanza on my face. So aggravating!!!!! Back to smashbox primer which is a great product. I am a fan of the Tarte tinted moisturizer (Smooth Operator) so I will continue using that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by alexperriap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is lovely. very smooth on the skin but it does a great job of evening out my redness. I probably will purchase this again. The only negative I have with this product is that when I look up close in a mirror I can see where the it settles into my pores which is quite nit-picky I know but other tarte products dont have this effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by amosina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wish this product weren't so expensive - otherwise I'd only use this brand. The coverage is good and it makes me look nice and tan without looking like I'm wearing makeup. On days when my skin is more oily than normal, I sometimes need to use a little finishing powder over the BB cream to get a more matte finish. Otherwise, I usually find the BB cream is enough coverage on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the sample in February and I knew this product would be really great for summer so I saved it for summer! I've been loving it. It provides light to medium coverage. Even for my oily skin this was a little drying in winter time so I would recommend for summer. I do not recommend this for people who have drier skin. :( Overall I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. It went on a like a dream. But it made me look shinier than I already am, and it caused lots of breakouts. Total bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MEH! Don't love, don't hate it. As a BB cream, not so great, as a tinted primer, much better. There is an asian brand BB cream that I love love love so this had big shoes to fill! Color selection is good, provides decent light coverage and is ok for days when I just want to even out my skin tone without a full face of makeup, I still have to powder to set it. Not a huge fan of the "silicon-y" feel that most people rave about, but that is why its a primer right. Really, I just wish tarte would have not tried to jump on the BB cream bandwagon and called it a tinted primer, having said that, I wouldn't have purchased it had it not said BB cream...but I do feel kind of mislead. I'm not sure that calling it a "treatment" is accurate either, there are no other good-for-your-skin qualities other than the spf. Will I use it up? sure, but I will not repurchase it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Asian bb creams, but was interested in trying a western bb cream and chose this bb cream in Light. This bb cream in great! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and feels so smoothly when I put it on. Coverage for me is light, which is great for summer. Not my HG bb cream, but definetly in the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I wish this wasn't so expensive, as I would slather it all over my body. I even like this alone with a dusting of mineral powder. I do pair it with the Amazonian Clay foundation, and love the results. I am very pale, and while a bit darker than my skin, it is not a deal breaker. Provides a nice natural finish for a no make-up look, or a smooth base to begin your makeup routine, I also have an oily t-zone, and this helps absorb oil and make my look last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on my second tube of Smashbox's BB cream when I decided to try Tarte's version. Why:
the Smashbox BB cream would oxidize to an unflattering grey over time and I wasn't very thrilled with the color match.
Tarte's BB cream started out wonderful but I had to discontinue because of chronic, persistent breakouts. I don't have sensitive skin so this was a real shocker for me. If it wasn't for that I would still be using it. I love the "slip", the finish, the color match (medium) and the lasting power.
Also the cap on my second tube broke within a week of opening; not good!