November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

I love this product so much that I am saving it only for special occasions!:-) This makes my skin look so plump and fresh. Flawless indeed!!!:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, since it by far had the best line up of ingredients out all of the brands in Ulta. My first problem with this is that I was not able to find a color match. My skin is fair with pink undertones. The lightest color was way too light on my skin, and the next color up was too orange/dark. Also, this had literally no coverage-completely sheer. I felt like it just say on my top of my skin and accentuated dry packages. It was also strangely unmoisturizing. For these reasons, I had to return this product. However, when I went back to Ulta, they had pulled all of their Tarte tinted moisturizers from the shelf and told me that Tarte was reformulating the brand and sending out new products soon. I have high hopes to try a reformulated version when it comes out. The only reason this product receives 2 lippies is for its great line up of natural/good for acne prone skin ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is SO nice and truly works well as a primer for my sensitive, sometimes combination, slightly acne-prone skin. I use the Fair shade and it's a bit too light for me but I know the next shade up would be too dark, and I don't mind looking a little more porcelain than usual. This actually has pretty good coverage but I like to add some mineral powder on top for extra coverage where needed. I've noticed I tend to reach for this when I'm having a bad, PMS skin day. That means it's good! It's more matte though, not dewy like Asian BB creams usually are.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by spicycherry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I went out specifically to find a BB cream that would be good for my skin while I wore it, while also providing a bit of coverage and some SPF. I went into this knowing I would be spending high-end prices because my skin is so fair and delicate, so I gave it four lippies: I knew what I was paying for, but it's still pricey. I looked at so many drug store BB creams and came to the conclusion that most of them either were way too dark for my fair skin, or lacked any nutritive qualities and were basically just sheer drugstore makeup. So if you're looking for something that it actually good for your skin, go the high-end route, even if you end up not choosing this specific product!

You get one ounce of product in a hygienic tube with a cute wooden cap. This product is very light, and matches my fair skin perfectly, which is saying a lot, because any time I go out looking for a base product, it's a complete chore because of my almost neutral fairness. I had a lady help me with several products, all of which were way too yellow or dark, or ended up discoloring after a few minutes. Then we tried this little gem.

The product has a very light, makeup-y smell, and feels silky smooth and velvety as you smooth it on with your fingers. You don't need much for a nice sheer coverage, and it's fairly buildable, so I added a bit more under my eyes and on a couple red spots on my chin, and it blended beautifully. I would recommend blending a bit down your neck as well, for ladies whose face tends to be a tad darker than her neck (me)! This also looks great underneath my PurMinerals 4 in 1 pressed mineral foundation.

This stayed on all day for me and looked great. I also have a tendency to get shiny at times (despite how dry my skin is) and I didn't notice this. Also, the next day, my face felt more moisturized than usual, and I even noticed while washing my face that several blackheads I didn't even know were there just popped right out, and my skin looked fresher and brighter.

So far I am loving this product, and I will add to this review after I finish the tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! I am not one to use a liquid foundation, as I try to take good care of my skin. I got a sample of this with a Tarte order & almost didn't try it. Well, I was really impressed when I put it on one day on a whim. Light, velvety, just enough coverage to even things out. Also works great under their Amazonian Powder foundation if you need some full coverage without looking too cakey...wore it like that to an Indian wedding (read: hours of dancing like a maniac + LOTS of makeup to keep up with the sparkly outfit) and my makeup lasted all night long! Also love to use this on my eyelids to even things out & give a good base to my shadow/liner. Keeps things from getting crinkly up there.

Applies well with a BeautyBlender or RealTechniques Expert Face Brush...however the first few times I used it with the RT brush it took a long time to blend as I used too much product. When I use that brush I only need a pea-sized amount for my whole face, and it blends beautifully. Also wears well under the Tarte pressed powder & Amazonian Clay setting powder.

No issues with breakouts or blemishes with this...Tarte's products usually treat me pretty well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jazalexa

I used to suffer from acne in high school and thanks to BC it's now under control. I rarely suffer from breakouts but every single time I use this I break out in cystic acne on my chin! Not worth it ! I'll stick to my hourglass mineral veil primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by terir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been here forever and rarely post reviews, but I had to weigh in on this product. I am so disappointed. The coverage is amazing, it feels great, the color is perfect, and it is the only thing ever to make me break out in blackheads and pimples, every single time I use it.

I do not have sensitive skin in any way, shape or form, and I wanted to be able to use this BB cream so badly (again, amazing finish and feel) that I gave it several tries and eliminated every other possible culprit. But each time I gave it a try, I wound up with a disaster on my face. I have no idea which ingredient is causing the issue, and I enjoy several other items from Tarte, but honestly, I would get a generous sample of this BB cream before investing in a tube,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It helps even out my skin tone but doesn't make my skin look made up. The product is costly and the packaging is looking a bit dirty, but I think it's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I was seriously impressed by this product. It feels like velvet on my face and blends easily. It does not feel chalky or look unnatural. It adds a subtle hint of color, but looks makeupless. I use the fair bb cream because I am very light-skinned and I can say it takes out the redness in my skin without making me look pasty. This is perfect for the summer or for girls who do not like to wear a lot of makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product. In fact so much that I am on my second tube. It has all of the essentials that I am looking for in a primer. However, it has wreaked HAVOC on my skin and unfortunately, I have just figured out that this was the culprit. Acne all over including monstrous cystic acne. A breakout bonanza on my face. So aggravating!!!!! Back to smashbox primer which is a great product. I am a fan of the Tarte tinted moisturizer (Smooth Operator) so I will continue using that.