October 25, 2014 | 1684 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Jazalexa

I used to suffer from acne in high school and thanks to BC it's now under control. I rarely suffer from breakouts but every single time I use this I break out in cystic acne on my chin! Not worth it ! I'll stick to my hourglass mineral veil primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by terir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been here forever and rarely post reviews, but I had to weigh in on this product. I am so disappointed. The coverage is amazing, it feels great, the color is perfect, and it is the only thing ever to make me break out in blackheads and pimples, every single time I use it.

I do not have sensitive skin in any way, shape or form, and I wanted to be able to use this BB cream so badly (again, amazing finish and feel) that I gave it several tries and eliminated every other possible culprit. But each time I gave it a try, I wound up with a disaster on my face. I have no idea which ingredient is causing the issue, and I enjoy several other items from Tarte, but honestly, I would get a generous sample of this BB cream before investing in a tube,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It helps even out my skin tone but doesn't make my skin look made up. The product is costly and the packaging is looking a bit dirty, but I think it's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I was seriously impressed by this product. It feels like velvet on my face and blends easily. It does not feel chalky or look unnatural. It adds a subtle hint of color, but looks makeupless. I use the fair bb cream because I am very light-skinned and I can say it takes out the redness in my skin without making me look pasty. This is perfect for the summer or for girls who do not like to wear a lot of makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by jcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product. In fact so much that I am on my second tube. It has all of the essentials that I am looking for in a primer. However, it has wreaked HAVOC on my skin and unfortunately, I have just figured out that this was the culprit. Acne all over including monstrous cystic acne. A breakout bonanza on my face. So aggravating!!!!! Back to smashbox primer which is a great product. I am a fan of the Tarte tinted moisturizer (Smooth Operator) so I will continue using that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by alexperriap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is lovely. very smooth on the skin but it does a great job of evening out my redness. I probably will purchase this again. The only negative I have with this product is that when I look up close in a mirror I can see where the it settles into my pores which is quite nit-picky I know but other tarte products dont have this effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by amosina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wish this product weren't so expensive - otherwise I'd only use this brand. The coverage is good and it makes me look nice and tan without looking like I'm wearing makeup. On days when my skin is more oily than normal, I sometimes need to use a little finishing powder over the BB cream to get a more matte finish. Otherwise, I usually find the BB cream is enough coverage on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Lampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the sample in February and I knew this product would be really great for summer so I saved it for summer! I've been loving it. It provides light to medium coverage. Even for my oily skin this was a little drying in winter time so I would recommend for summer. I do not recommend this for people who have drier skin. :( Overall I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. It went on a like a dream. But it made me look shinier than I already am, and it caused lots of breakouts. Total bummer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MEH! Don't love, don't hate it. As a BB cream, not so great, as a tinted primer, much better. There is an asian brand BB cream that I love love love so this had big shoes to fill! Color selection is good, provides decent light coverage and is ok for days when I just want to even out my skin tone without a full face of makeup, I still have to powder to set it. Not a huge fan of the "silicon-y" feel that most people rave about, but that is why its a primer right. Really, I just wish tarte would have not tried to jump on the BB cream bandwagon and called it a tinted primer, having said that, I wouldn't have purchased it had it not said BB cream...but I do feel kind of mislead. I'm not sure that calling it a "treatment" is accurate either, there are no other good-for-your-skin qualities other than the spf. Will I use it up? sure, but I will not repurchase it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No