August 20, 2014 | 2117 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have this in Macadamia-Vanilla and omg...the scent is so addicting. It does moisturize as well as my HG lip-balm, Palmer's Coco-butter Stick and pure Shea Butter. The scent just gets me with this one. I can't get enough.

I put this on at night and morning time my lips are super soft and repaired. LOVE this stuff! I want to try them all now, but I KNOW this will always be my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ilovebutts23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT. I suffer from dry skin and very chapped lips all year round and this is the only mainstream lip product I've tried that has made them smooth and moisturized. It's seriously magical. EOS, Babylips, and Burt's Bees pale in comparison. Pretty much everything about Nivea Lip Butter is awesome.

I bought this lip butter in raspberry and it smells/tastes great. It's a nice creamy texture, not too waxy or sticky. When I have extremely chapped lips, I apply it once an hour for about half the day and they are instantly better.

I use it every day. I'm tempted to buy like ten of these so I can have one on me at all times. It is so great for the price. The only thing bad about it is that it comes in a tin, which is not the most sanitary packaging. This doesn't bother me way very much however.

BUY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by hellotherex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously swear by this lip treatment! It moisturizes my lips and I've tried a bunch of lip products that doesn't work just as well as this one :) I think everyone should totally try this. After all, it's really affordable. The only thing I don't like is that you have to use your fingers and I find that unsanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by eunnikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. Can I just say, the scent of this in the tin is intoxicating. It smells just like melty white chocolate, and once I start smelling it's hard to stop. It's almost like I'm consuming it through smell. But, once applied, it mostly fades; so it doesn't clash with perfume.
The packaging is the typical annoying lip balm tin, but fairly easy to open. No using teeth here. I don't even have to use nails, so this is post-manicure safe.
The texture is very creamy, like butter. Because butter is solid cream. Creamy. Anyway, it leaves your lips feeling very buttery, in a good way. There's no taste either, so it would be inoffensive for kissing.
Some people say it leaves a white cast, but I haven't noticed anything. I mostly use this indoors, so maybe in colder climates, it can't melt into the skin as well.
Because it is very buttery and not waxy, it doesn't last a very long time, but it doesn't leave your lips feeling dried out the way waxier balms can. They just feel smooth and soft.
I like to use this at night a bit after applying Carmex (for exfoliation/soothing) to replace the moisture.

To sum it up, I'd say this is a good, basic lip butter that smells really yummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

These lip butters are very good at moisturising the lips. I love how creamy and buttery they are always softens my cracked and chapped lips - this is a holy grail product during winter but not during summer as the consitency is far too thickening and buttery for the humid months.

The only problem it presents is that the Vanilla version of this tends to leave a white sheen and has a tendecy to be too thick on my lips especially during the warmer months, I don't like having a thick lip balm on. Also, sticking my fingers into a pot doesn't float my boat so I just apply the product directly onto my lips.

The Vanilla one smells like icing - very sweet and sugary. I can not taste it on my lips which is good. There is no colour payoff so works great as a simple lip balm. By the way, it lastes forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the one in Vanilla & Macadamia with high hopes. I'm am living in England right now and I am not used to these kinds of cold winters! I skin and lips are constantly dry. This honestly hasn't done anything for me. I have to constantly reapply, I hate that it leaves a white-ish cast on the lips, which is really bag then your lips have dry patched and are peeling.. It just makes them worse then before you put this on. And its not even moisturizing or repairing enough to use as a nighttime lip treatment. I don't even think it smells very pleasant, if I'm honest. It smells a bit off to me. I even tried it as a cuticle balm for my very dry hands and it sucked at that job as well. I think the only thing about this that is good as that the packaging is cute, but other then that I think this stuff is really over-hyped! I ended up buying the Vaseline coco-butter in similar tin packaging and I LOVE that stuff, Id suggest you go that route if you want a tin-style lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have the rasberry rose, vanilla and macadamia, and the caramel cream. The first one i tried was the vanilla and macadamia and i was impressed with the scent, as it was not too strong, yet still present. This lip balm is really good as a night balm as it leaves white colour on your lips if too much is applied. The tins contain a lot of product (19ml), therefore it last a long time. I have too say that it is definatly worth the money, and i would repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by katy24

5 STARS!!I do not know how I lived without this lip butter.I always thought all I needed was Chapstick to keep my lips soft&protected but I was so wrong.Nivea Lip Butter gets my vote for the best new lip product I tried in 2013!!The packaging actually keeps the lip butter from drying out,the scents are lovely,it has no actual taste on the lips& the consistency of the butter is smooth,not sticky.There is no color added to the lips so anyone man,woman,child can wear this.A+++++++++++

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am obsessed. I like it in a pot actually. It's cute and wouldn't be able to have the exact same consistency if it were tube form. Which is the biggest reason to purchase. I use this before bed and wake up with the truly softest, and still moist pout. I've never had a lip product last all night. And I use it during the day too. I like the jelly look on my lips. I am nw 10 and the 'white sheen' is hardly noticeable on me and looks nice. I have the vanilla &macadamia nut scent and LOVE the smell. Can't wait to get Raspberry Rose next

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

CHEILITIS SUFFERS - BUY THIS PRODUCT! Read for more.

I suffer from cheilitis. 6 months ago my lips were inflamed, oozing clear liquid, flaking and peeling every single day. I went to doctors and several pharmacies to find a cure. I ended up taking antihistamines every day in order to relieve the pain but it would not go away. Every single day I had to deal with the inflammation and constant peeling.

I am a lip balm fanatic. I am always carrying a lip balm with me. I have been using all different types for several years. My lips were however reacting to products I had been repurchasing/using for years... Nothing would work! Lip balms would cause a more severe reaction - it was doing my head in! I tried organic, everything! I also discontinued wearing lipstick for about 6 months during the healing process.

Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream ended up being my cure to the symptoms. (Found it in the chemist... for $12. Who would have known? I spent thousands of money altogether visiting different dermatologists!) Every time my lips were inflamed, I would apply this on and take an antihistamine.
The only lip balm that will work for my lips now - Lucas Pawpaw Ointment - HOLY GRAIL.

I read on MUA that this lip balm also worked for someone else who suffers from cheilitis so I purchased Caramel and the Vanilla flavour also. I cautiously applied a thin layer of vanilla on my lips. It made my lips supple and smooth. But the real test is the morning after, if you suffer from sensitive lips, your lips will feel tight/tingle and dry if a product does not agree, BUT my lips felt amazingly smooth the next morning. Provides such a luxurious plush texture. Some lip balms are waxy, other are slippery. This is buttery (haha, duh! Says the name).

I don't have a problem with the white cast - I do not overload my lips with product! I can only speak for the two flavours above though.

THIS MAKES A WONDERFUL BASE FOR PATCHY LIPSTICK! Previously I could never wear Rimmel's Nude Delight because... it would sink into all my lip's lines and apply unevenly, even though my lips were smooth. This lip balm primes my lips wonderfully. I apply 2 EXTREMELY THIN layers. Leave it whilst I do the rest of my face make up. When it get to my lipstick, it applies flawlessly. It doesn't make my lipstick slip around (Lucas Pawpaw/Vaseline/Burts Bees!)

Cannot recommend this enough! I bought this product in Priceline for $2.40AUD (RRP is $5-6) when it was on sale. I have also seen it at various chemist/pharmacies. Raspberry flavour isn't available here. Won't complain about the packaging. I cannot imagine it being in a tube or other packagings due to the consistency of the product.
Fantastic value in my opinion, 19ml should last you a long time, even with everyday use!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No