September 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by amk1095

I have this in petal rebel, and it is a perfect pink color. I have naturally very dark pink lips and this glided over them and leaves them with a very sheer pretty pink color. You do have to apply over and over again to get the color desired but once its on it stays on for a good amount of time - few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE these things. I have three so far, in Coral Ambition, Oh La Lilac, and Lust for Blush. all the other reviews here pretty much sum up everything that is great about them and I completely agree. They are so low maintenance and I believe much more wearable colors than some of the revlon lip butters! Also Lust for Blush is almost an exact dupe for Mac's Creme cup. Would buy again 100X over.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product could probably best be described as grainy and drying. The color I chose was some kind of nondescript pinkish plum berry that neither looked good nor bad on me. It just looked like I was wearing a grainy lipcolor in the pinkish plum berry family. It may have also looked like my smile was strained the day I wore it, but that was not because I had a bad day or don't like you. It's because this Color Whisper was drying the life out of my lips and made smiling feel like stretching a rubber band a little too close to its breaking point.

I prefer almost every over tinted lip balm style item to this one. None of them are truly as moisturizing as a real lip balm, but many of them are at least equivalent to a sheer, comfortable lipstick.

One of the awesome things about a sheer lipcolor is that, with less pressure on packing in pigment, there is room for the formulators to add things like moisture. Maybelline forgot to do this, probably on purpose, probably just to mess with us.

They did not forget to add 1,000 lbs of scratchy glitter particles that don't contribute sexy sparkle so much as irritation. If you ever feel like your boyfriend could benefit from exfoliating his lips you could just kiss him while wearing this gritty Color Whisper. Except then he would go ahead and break up with you for wearing something so gross on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I have all the products from the color sensational line and this is a welcome addition. It is sheer enough to apply without a mirror but imparts a nice sheen. I have a pinkish nude shade and I love it for daytime wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. I have two colors and hope to get more. They're a balm-like lip color that offers a pop of nice sheer color. Recently I've been into color balms (i.e. Revlon Lip Butters) because I want a pretty lip color without the heaviness of a full lipstick. I do have to touch up after a few hours but nothing major.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Nataliaxxbebe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! Let me tell you, I am NOT a lip gloss girl what so ever, so i was kind of skeptical of actually wearing this because it is kind of a lip gloss.. but i was wrong! I have never seen or felt such a beautiful ever so slight shine on my lips! They aren't sticky and over the top glossy, just the slightest prettiest shine and it really makes my lips look beautiful

Because I usually only stick to just nude/pinkish nude lips, it can get too matte or dry looking but when i pair The whispers with my nude lipsticks i love the outcome :) I never wore my revlon lip butters. They aren't nearly as smooth.. And i didn't like how glossy they looked.. By the way i have this in the color Lust For Blush.. Seriously a Beautiful color! I think I have finally found my "my lips for better color ;)"

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color whisper in lust for blush and a Revlon lip butter in berry smoothie. It's a pretty color, and goes on nicely but it really emphasizes any dry parts on your lips, while the lip butter covers them better.The lip butter is creamier while this one kind of feels like oil. Keep in mind I only have one of each. It defeats the concept of an easy product, will use up but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bini85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I love! I bought the Petal Rebel one today and it's honestly the best lipstick ever. It goes on so smooth and glossy.. It's a hot pink but subtle not opaque and cakey looking. Def going to get more colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by HannahAcruz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love These lip sticks! They are lightweight and are easy to apply! I have 2 and im gonna buy more of the colors!The colors and nice and the packaging is super cute:)after my mom tried mine she went and bought herself one to!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

I wish they had more of a color selection because the moisturizing, non-sticky formula is divine. I picked up the fuchia and the blush color, and they are both similar colors to what I already own.