November 27, 2014 | 1498 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am truly in love with this product! I got it at Kmart for $6 or $7. I got this in Bare To Be Bold first. It's a sexy, light nude. Shiny and moist, just totally yummy. It doesn't last outrageously long but I have no problems reapplying. I recently got this in Go Nude and it's definitely nude! These are the only 2 colors I'm interested in at the moment. They aren't very moisturizing or last longer than an hour or two but I don't care. They look amazing! I do wish they were a couple dollars cheaper though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE! They are sheer, but still nicely pigmented. I wouldn't say they are moisturizing, but they are definitely not drying. They are glossy at first, but when they dry on your lips they leave a nice stain for a while longer. For the record I hated the Revlon Lip Butters-blaspheme I know. I hated them because they were not quite pigmented enough and more importantly, I had a reaction to them. I had a rash on my hand where I had swatched them for a month and my lips got sore and swollen. I really liked the idea of the lip butters, but all the similar products at that time were also very to not at all pigmented. The makeup gods pretty much answered my prayers with these lipsticks. I also like the packaging better than the lip butters-they are sleeker and slimmer. I currently have five colors and they are all quite pigmented (even the pale ones) and buildable.

Lust for Blush-this is a muted slightly cool toned mauvey MLBB pink for the fair skinned. This color seems to be the most popular and my local stores as it's usually sold out. It's my I-don't-have-to-think-about-it color.

Coral Ambition-very pale bright peachy pink. I have be careful what I wear with this one because it can look to young for me. I tone it down with a gloss sometimes.

I typically wear relatively muted light colors. Because these are so sheer, I'm braver about trying colors that normally seem to bright for me. It's a great way to take baby steps towards trying brighter or darker colors.These next three are all in that category for me.

Petal Rebel-light cool toned bright baby pink. So gorgeous. It's my second favorite after Lust for Blush. I wear this as an every day pink.

Pink Possibilities-this is a warmer pink, and more fluorescent and a shade darker than petal rebel. They are pretty similar, this one is just bolder and brighter. I personally prefer petal rebel on me, but I think less albino skinned people will like this one a lot.

Rose of Attraction-this is a darker, redder pink/rose. This is a more mature color but still pretty bright. In the tube it looks like there is some glitter but I don't see or feel it on my lips.

Overall, my favorites on me are definitely Lust for Blush and Petal Rebel. In this picture, left to right is MAC creme cup for reference, Lust for blush, petal rebel, pink possibilities, rose of attraction, and coral ambition. The swatches are very true to color.

Edit: 05/13/13 Clearly, I have a problem...I bought three more. Pinup peach, Faint for Fuchsia, and Made it Mauve.

Pinup peach-this is a medium reddish peach color. It's an easy to wear every day color. If you don't want actual red but in that family, this is a good one.

Faint for fuchsia-this one is like Petal Rebel's big brighter sister. It's that same cool toned pink, maybe with a dash of purple, brighter and darker by a shade and more opaque. I love it. It might be my second or third favorite.

Made it Mauve-this is a medium rosy brown and an ideal fall color. It's quite opaque like faint for fuchsia. Think of colors like MAC twig or cosmo-it's no dupe but the same color family and more sheer. Most of the colors I tried are quite bright (partly due to me trying to venture into brighter lip world); this is the most muted of the colors I tried, followed by pin up peach. I will LOVE this one in the fall.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by surrealkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture is melting, not heavy, very slightly slippery and extremely comfortable. Cool-toned colors like Mad For Magenta give the highest degree of translucence with a good pop of color. Warmer colors like Orange Attitude are fine, but as with all yellow-based sheer colors the pigment has a tendency to streak and settle into lip lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I like the Revlon LB's better than these...These are moisturizing but I do find the one I have to be a bit oily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

ehhhh....I'm not sure if it's too early in the game to report but I just don't see the hype. I went crazy and decided to try every "balm" out there, although not classified as a balm, it's trying to follow the lip balm/butter trend. I bought these in coral ambition and pin up peach, I wore pin up peach yesterday and it was very pink and not very peachy. I had to reapply it on several occasions and when I couldn't, (I was shooting a short film) it had made my lips very dry and tight. I don't know, compared to Revlon's lip butters, which is pretty moisturizing, this stuff kinda blows. I will update if things change, maybe it's different colors? And I think the stick itself is really skinny and you don't get a lot of product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by amk1095

I have this in petal rebel, and it is a perfect pink color. I have naturally very dark pink lips and this glided over them and leaves them with a very sheer pretty pink color. You do have to apply over and over again to get the color desired but once its on it stays on for a good amount of time - few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE these things. I have three so far, in Coral Ambition, Oh La Lilac, and Lust for Blush. all the other reviews here pretty much sum up everything that is great about them and I completely agree. They are so low maintenance and I believe much more wearable colors than some of the revlon lip butters! Also Lust for Blush is almost an exact dupe for Mac's Creme cup. Would buy again 100X over.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product could probably best be described as grainy and drying. The color I chose was some kind of nondescript pinkish plum berry that neither looked good nor bad on me. It just looked like I was wearing a grainy lipcolor in the pinkish plum berry family. It may have also looked like my smile was strained the day I wore it, but that was not because I had a bad day or don't like you. It's because this Color Whisper was drying the life out of my lips and made smiling feel like stretching a rubber band a little too close to its breaking point.

I prefer almost every over tinted lip balm style item to this one. None of them are truly as moisturizing as a real lip balm, but many of them are at least equivalent to a sheer, comfortable lipstick.

One of the awesome things about a sheer lipcolor is that, with less pressure on packing in pigment, there is room for the formulators to add things like moisture. Maybelline forgot to do this, probably on purpose, probably just to mess with us.

They did not forget to add 1,000 lbs of scratchy glitter particles that don't contribute sexy sparkle so much as irritation. If you ever feel like your boyfriend could benefit from exfoliating his lips you could just kiss him while wearing this gritty Color Whisper. Except then he would go ahead and break up with you for wearing something so gross on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I have all the products from the color sensational line and this is a welcome addition. It is sheer enough to apply without a mirror but imparts a nice sheen. I have a pinkish nude shade and I love it for daytime wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. I have two colors and hope to get more. They're a balm-like lip color that offers a pop of nice sheer color. Recently I've been into color balms (i.e. Revlon Lip Butters) because I want a pretty lip color without the heaviness of a full lipstick. I do have to touch up after a few hours but nothing major.