November 22, 2014 | 937 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by squared3017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never had such success with an eye shadow primer. The texture if a little bit different than others I have used, but that is fine by me because IT WORKS. My eyelids tend to get oily as the day goes on (gross, I know) and I always end up with creases. If I'm not wearing primer, it'll crease in a few hours. With primer, my eye makeup will hold out against creases for 6 hours, maaaaaybe 8, depending on the primer. I have tried cheaper primers, more expensive ones, ones with a wand, ones in the tube, and all kinds of tips and tricks to help your eyeshadow to last, yet NOTHING has worked as well as this.

I wake up in the morning, put on my makeup, use a dot of this for each eyelid and then 12 HOURS LATER when I'm taking my makeup off and getting ready for bed, my eyeshadow is still creaseless and fantastic. This would be a bargain at twice the price, for me. And I love that it is widely available. I don't have to order it online or go to a special store, it's right at my local Wal-Mart.

I don't know how girls with normal or dry eyelids would like this, it really almost felt powdery and dry once applied, but if you have oily eyelids, spend the 5 bucks and get some of this, it has been a MIRACLE product for me!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. I have VERY OILY and hooded lids, so everything either smears, fades or creases. I've tried UD, Lorac, Elf among many primers to see if anything would help. Nothing lasted longer than lunchtime. Even my stay all day waterproof stuff faded and creased by day's end. Then along came Fergie and her primer from Wet & Wild. On day 1 my eyeshadow (Bare Escentuals and Maybelline) stayed put, just as when I applied them. My eyeliner didn't transfer into the crease either. Day 2, same thing into this weekend when I put on an Elf eyeshadow and used a eyeliner pencil (which would have died in a hour before). That night, it was all still there and just as I had applied it. I am in shock, but beyond happy. Now I can experiment beyond the heavy duty waterproof stuff I had to use before (just to get it to last through most of a day). Now please Wet & Wild, just don't discontinue this product. It's AMAZING!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one was a very pleasant surprise. I prefer it to UDPP and TFSI. I have used this exclusively for a little over a month and can honesty find no reason to go back to UDPP, my preferred primer. This primer is a little bit thicker than UDPP but it spreads very easily. I have not noticed any dryness. It does a pretty good job of canceling out any discolorations on my lids before I add my shadows. I'm getting the same type of long wearing results I've enjoyed with my UDPP and TFSI.

This is a great buy....I'm glad WnW finally decided to sell these.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. It's very economical, you only use a tiny squeeze per eye, and it comes with quite a bit of product. I think I paid $4-5 for this, so that's really a steal for how long it will last.
This formula is thicker and drier than UPDD or ELF primer (other primers I enjoy). It isn't sheer, but also not opaque. It lightens quite a bit of my veins and other discoloration on my eyelids, but doesn't correct it completely (which is fine with me). It is slightly lighter than my natural eyelid color (and I'm pretty pale, I could see this looking odd or ashy on much darker skintones).
It did make my eyeshadow last quite a while and prevented creasing. Colors went on pretty vibrant, too. It dried fairly quickly & didn't leave much of a tacky finish, which is why I think colors aren't quite as vibrant as with some other eye primers, though it made blending shadows easier.
My only complaint about this product is that it is very drying. I know this probably doesn't affect many reviewers, since most are looking to avoid oily eyelids to keep shadows from creasing, so it's probably a benefit for many. I don't have oily eyelids, and I have very dry skin, so this can make my eyelids look crepey if I'm not careful. Also, a tiny bit got in my tear duct when I was applying to the inner corner of my eye, and it completely dried it out and was painful. I know, I know, I shouldn't be getting product near there, but it just reinforced how drying this formula is for me. Again, this probably isn't an issue for most, but those with dry skin, be sure to moisturize well and don't overapply.
I would still repurchase (though I may not need to, with so much product & so many other primers at my disposal) because it's a good product at a fair price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by kfcoffey21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To say that I love this product would be an understatement. I've tried eye primers by ELF, Urban Decay, and Too Faced. The ELF primer was good for me at first, but I found as time went on my shadow was still creasing. As far as UD and TF, I just couldn't justify spending so much on such a small amount of product. I heard great things about the NARS primer, but again, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much. ANYWAYS, to the product that this review is actually for:

Once I used this for about a week I knew I'd never turn back.

PROS:
-Affordable (I believe around $4.99)
-DOES WHAT IT'S MEANT TO DO - I've been using this for many months now and it hasn't stopped working or doing less since the first day I used it
-Packaging is nice; no doe foot applicator (it's in a tube) so it's probably more hygienic PLUS you can actually get all of the product out unlike those bottles
-The amount of product - like I said, I've been using this for months and I still feel like I have so much more product left
-Thick consistency, so you don't need to use as much product

CONS:
-I'd say the only somewhat con for this is that it doesn't make my eyeshadow as pigmented as some other primers have, probably because it's a thicker consistency. It's not a big deal, just a slight thing that I've noticed.

I honestly don't think I'd buy any other eyeshadow primer ever again. This product is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing to add to the positive reviews, but this is definitely a dupe for UDPP Original, minus the price tag. I happened on a review just as I was finishing up a double size tube of UDPP. This is a MUST HAVE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product is a true game changer for me after years of shelling out $15+ for eye primers. I have it in "A little party," a shimmery, rose-gold shade that's slightly cool on my nc25 skin but very wearable. Truly keeps my shadows on the entire day with minimal fading and I don't experience any creasing until the twelve-hour mark, which beats my beloved UDPP that creases after 8ish hours of wear. Overall, ill repurchase for sure, my only gripe is it takes a minute or two to set before applying shadow! Fergie's wet n wild line is hit or miss with me, but this one's a mega hit and the best primer I've found:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All i can say is WOW! I got this at walgreens ovio cuz the reviews are frickin' awesome! My shadow lasts ALL day no budging,flaking! I even got the new shimmer one similar to the Sin by Ud. I HATE the UDPP they are super expensive for some Sh*t that does NOTHING! I compared both of these i put a small dot of each on my leg and topped it with shadow i put on leggings and went to bed 3 hours l8r the shadow on the UDPP was COMPLETELY faded while the Wet' n' Wild was still going strong and visibly there :) For reference i got the Anti-Aging UDPP so maybe that has something to do with my infinite hate (jk) but i lost the recite :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you normally buy UDPP in the original formula, this is good. I prefer Sin and when I use this it blends invisibly (which is perfect if that is what you want) but I miss the sheen of Sin so when my eyeshadow wears off I still have a wash of color on my eyes. If you like original formula primer or want an invisible base this is perfect. They do make a shimmery primer in this brand, but I have not been able to find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this primer! It doesn't make my eyeshadow or eyeliner flake. Before I used the elf primer but I think I will definitely be purchasing this again once I run out! One of the things that bothered me was when I opened it, a lot of clear water like liquid spilled out but other than that there was no other problems! Definitely recommend this product for oily skin!