August 20, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

HG primer. I really hope this doesn't get discontinued (although sadly I think it is limited edition being part of the Fergie collection). I bought this at Walgreens (Retail $4.99, coupons are available in their flyers for $1 off WnW frequently).

My eyes: I have slightly hooded eyes, so everything creases and most liners disappear in minutes.

I'm beyond impressed with this primer - I own a lot of different primers: L'oreal Decrease, Guerlain, 3 Urban Decay primer potions (Sin, Original, Eden), NARS Smudge Proof Base, Clinique all about shadow, TooFaced shadow Insurance, MUFE eye prime, Smashbox photofinish, Benefit Stay don't stray (AWFUL!), MAC Prep+Prime Eye, Milani, plus more that I can't even remember the names of. So I'm a bit of an eyeshadow primer whore :) But this really stands out in my book - I tried this first with a few eyeshadows I had that were destined for the bin: one neutral quad from Rimmel and also Maybelline, I just couldn't get them to show up on my skin nevermind stay on for more than 5 minutes, they were too sheer, dusty and chalky. The minute I put this on my eyelids, they all went on darker, richer and VIBRANT. The matte colours weren't flaking off or dry. It stayed all day till about 1am when I washed my face before going to sleep. Crazy. And I had tried these eyeshadows with several other primers thinking it was no use, the eyeshadow was just too cr*ppy, and then this $4 primer blew all the others out of the water.

Since I got this primer, I haven't been using any others. I'm paranoid about this disappearing, so I even went back to Walgreens and bought all 4 packages left on the display. It's great even underneath the eyes before concealer to prevent any creasing, and I use it underneath blush or under foundations too when I have to work long hours. It dries quickly to a sheer, non-sparkly slightly nude (similar colour to UDPP original) shade that blends in perfectly, lasts all day, can make even the poorest quality shadows worth using, and it's cheap - what more could you want? I wish WnW would make this in a big bottle or a primer version for the face that's just as good as this.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mleavey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. Paid $5 at Walgreens in VA vs. $20 for high end products and it's awesome!! I am shocked at how much I like this...even better than UD but maybe that's because I know I paid $15 less! But seriously, a must buy primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

4:15am wake up. Makeup at 4:25am. 7:00am flight (2 hours). Meetings. 4pm flight (2.5 hours). 7:30pm home. 8pm removed makeup. Eye makeup and concealer were PERFECT. No fine line settling. Concealer lasted. Eye shadow did not move. Pencil liner wings in place. Some minor mascara smudging under one eye. I am beyond impressed. This outperformed Lorac, UDPP, UDPP anti aging and NYX - which also is a great primer.

PROS:
- cheap & good amount product
- thick but not too thick
- tacky enough for product to cling but dry enough to blend
- did not dry out my undereye and we are talking 2 flights in 1 day
- filled any fine lines under eye making this oldish lady happy
- sanitary (no doe foot - looking at you Nyx) but rather tube
- dried quickly (again looking at you Nyx)
CONS:
- really none it's quite the gem

Well done WnW - love the game you bring to my eyes between this and your shadows.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a gift from my skin twin. Wow. I cannot get over the quality. I have 5-6 primers, mostly HE and this one out performs the most expensive, which is probably the Laura Mercier. The foruma is creamy and soft, it does not dry out the lid or lower lid, shadows glide on with no skidding. It's so light and the texture almost like mousse. It dries veyr quickly, makes shadows and liner stay put. Lately I've been using it over an eye cream during the day on my bottom kid to keep my consealer from moving around. Superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is an answer to all my prayers. I have been using Urban Decay's primer for years, and it's always been my HG, but I've always felt it was ridiculously expensive! I would continue to purchase UD's primer because I knew it worked, and I NEED primer like I need oxygen. My makeup will not stay without it. But I ran out recently and started to panic because I really couldn't afford to buy UD's primer. I looked up reviews and this one was rated the best, and I was shocked it was only $5! I work at Walgreens, so I purchased it with my discount. I am so happy this product exist! It surprisingly works BETTER than UD's primer, which I can't believe I am saying! At the end of the day with UD's primer, my eyeshadow would still be present, but I would have a slight oily finish. I didn't mind so much as long as my shadow stayed put, but since using Wet n Wild's primer, my eyeshadow hasn't look oily at all! I didn't realize how much I actually appreciate that until I changed primers. I will never buy UD's primer again after discovering this product! It's amazing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by DivaLipstick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Outstanding product! In my small town it's best to stock up because it goes quickly! A little goes a long way and my make up looks so fresh at the end of the day that I hate to have to take it off! So i either look at myselfnfor a while...take a selfie or go out and smile at someone! I've found other purposes for it as well! Definitely an item that I list as a Christmas gift/stocking stuffer/birthday gift! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by andrea34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im so excited to have finally found a drug store primer that works as well as my UDPP! I have very oily lids and the urban decay brand was the only primer that worked for me..It was my HG for years until now. I have tried about evey single primer from high end to drug store, nothing else works for me. I picked this up a month or so ago on sale at CVS kind of on a whim..Im so glad I did!!! I have already gone back for 2 back ups (Im afraid the Fergie line might be limited edition or something)..Give this a try, Im betting you will not be disappointed!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

im in love with a drugstore eye primer. it works just as well as the udpp. i also like the consistency of this as well. its nice and thick yet easy to blend. my eyeshadow stuck on till the next morning. like i said im in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by thegre3nfairy

This primer is just as good as my UDPP or Nars primer at a quarter of the cost! I found this at Walgreens and have already purchased a back up. I use eyeshadow primer everyday and this is my new HG! No creasing and lasts all day & night! I use the matte primer "for my primas", I have not tried the shimmer one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I Am in love with the Wet N Wild Eyeshadow primer! Not only does it last all day but it brings out your eyes!! The price is great I payed $4.99 at walgreens totally worth it!!