April 18, 2014 | 902 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

I heard a lot of good things about this foundation so I decided to give it a shot, but I wasn't impressed with it. A bit about my skin: I have combination skin that leans toward the dryer side (dry winters don't help!). It applies nicely but it settles into my face in a very unappealing way. It really emphasizes my pores and makes me look like I've put on a lot more foundation than I have. It also feels very heavy. I'll keep using it because it's definitely not the worst foundation I've tried, but I wouldn't spend money on it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I had run out of my fave (Chanel VA) and needed something to hold me over. I had heard so many raves on YT too. The texture is slightly thick, yet feels light weight on the skin. It feels dry to me (if that's possible for a liquid). It can be a little difficult to spread, but it all seems to work out pretty well. I did find that I could layer this as long as I did it in thin layers rather than trying to use one thick layer all at once. The pump is nice as I could pump out just what I need without it being wonky. The color slightly oxidizes on my face causing it to look slightly pink/orange which I hate. I do like the staying power and it's a pretty decent foundation, but I won't be coming back to it. I missed my VA so much and was finally able to order another. Overall I'd actually give this a 3.5.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by paddlepops

Mixed feelings about this one. I was super excited to get this as it was raved on Youtube. But can I say I like it? Hmm not really.

The color I bought seemed quite neutral-yellow in the tube but on my face it had a pink undertone which I was disappointed about. The smell is quite chemically it does smell like a 'foundation' but I guess I've been using non-scented foundations for too long. Anyways the packaging is great although the lid can be flimsy.

This has a habit of becoming streaky when trying to blend, since I prefer paddle brushes it takes a bit longer to work into the skin. It's also terrible with dry skin. It's a nightmare trying to even out. People were raving about the coverage but I found it quite average. I have acne scarring and this barely covered it. I was surprised. I gave this 3 stars because despite the color I can always balance it out with powder. Despite having dry skin I can always moisturise. But most of all this has amazing staying power. AMAZING. It lasts so freaking long.

I wouldn't buy it again because I don't really enjoy an overly matte finish as I have dry skin. The coverage wasn't high enough either. But I can see this working for so many men and women who have the 'typical' oily, bits of redness type of skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Liz5823111

Great foundation. Gives just the right amount of coverage and looks smooth on skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Laurie2989

Best foundation I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Ariana4091

Ok let's start with the price. This foundation can vary from store to store but I picked mine up at CVS and it cost me about $13... Pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation... Nevertheless, it's the product quality you're paying for right? The packaging is extremely convenient specifically because of the pump. The pump is very easy to handle and you can control the amount of product you want. Now let's talk the product itself. The formula is actually very strange.. It's thick enough to the point where it won't just leak off your hand, but liquidy enough to feel light on your skin. The color range is very wide, but I feel like this product was mainly aimed for warm undertones. Many people say this foundation oxidizes which is the reason I was a little skeptical on getting it, but hey it's worth a try. I have to say this is hands down the best foundation I've ever tried. Great job CoverGirl!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Nizula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been picky with foundation, I've tried many and I really hated them, honestly I'm more a BB-cream, tinted moisturizer kind of girl because I don't need that much coverage, I'm into sheer-light coverage, lightweight feeling and SPF , but I wanted to find a good foundation for especial occasions and such.
I've read so much about this foundation and when I saw it had a good pice (Like 8 bucks or something like that) I said "Why not?" The color selection is very good, I had a hard time picking a shade because they were so many options, my skin is very light but not pink, more like a yellow tone and some foundations look pink or orange on me, if you have yellow undertones maybe you understand my struggle, but I was able to find a good match, my color is Nude Beige, some people say this foundation oxidized but that's not my case, it didn't oxidized at all.
The coverage is buildable but I prefer just one layer, is easy to apply, doesn't have a smell, the pump is really cool also.
And... for oily-combo skin like mine this is really good, I still apply some setting powder over this but is really good, and with a primer this stays on and looking good, without shine like forever. I've used this foundation on weddings, parties, etc and does a good job. This is the only liquid foundation I have liked so far and I've tried both drugstore and high end before, I think it says a lot ;) and has SPF! I love it, I don't use it daily but I really like this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I got this for 40% off at my local drugstore, so I only paid around ~$7 for this foundation in the shade Nude Beige. I was pretty satisfied with Revlon ColorStay, but I wanted to try out more foundations since I have been avoiding them for a long time. If you told me to identify this foundation versus Revlon ColorStay blindly, I probably couldn't tell the difference. I think I have to put on more product with the Cover Girl one in order to get the same results with one layer of the Revlon ColorStay, so I wouldn't say it has the coverage of a concealer as it claims. However, this foundation is still really good. It doesn't make me too oily throughout the day. It blends well and does last for a decent amount of time.

The one thing about this foundation that makes it a million times better than Revlon ColorStay is the pump packaging. I hate Revlon ColorStay because I have to shake the bottle vigorously for anything to come out. The pump on the Cover Girl foundation is so easy and sanitary to use!

Overall, decent foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOW. I have used this foundation for months and always loved it, but was beyond impressed with it the other day. I put this on (with a primer and setting powder) at 7 am. I went to 6 hours of school, and went about my day. All in all, I did not end up taking off my makeup until about 3 am. I got about 20 hours of wear with this foundation and it did not fade away, oxidize, rub off, or break up. I definitely got shiny and had to powder multiple times throughout that time, but who cares! So long wearing! And when I did get shiny, I didn't look like an oily beast. It was more dewy looking. Love this foundation. The only one I like more is Make Up Forever HD Foundation because there is a color that matches me better, and it is slightly less coverage, but I could not ask more from a drugstore foundation. 100% recommend. I'm a medium skin tone and mix colors 840 and 845 for a perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

This foundation stood out to me beacause I heard so much about it being long lasting, matte and full coverage (or at least medium to buildable) My issue is not with any of the above claims but the fact that it accentuates dry skin and dry blemishes. I found myself patting more over my trouble areas hoping the moisture from the product would soften the harsh dry patches. It did no such thing. I expected something similar to Revlon Colorstay.. No where near sorry. The only way I can wear this product is when my skin is dry acne free and just after an exfoliation. I mist over a setting spray to get away from that cakey powdery look that this foundation tends to give me.. Maybe it's just not good for dry or winter dry skin. I'll try it again during the summer.