October 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Eternally Nude.and it is a great take on MLBB. I'd call it MLBT - My Lips But Tawnier. This formulation reminds me of a Paula's Choice product (Constant Color?) from years ago (liked the formulation - couldn't get a color that worked for me). This goes on very slippery, gets into place easily, and then dries down slowly leaving occasional patches that are more sticky. I don't detect much stain, but that may be because this color matches mine so closely. The effect is very pleasant, but subtle (which is what one should expect with a color that has 'nude' in it). This also plays well with liner. I would try this in another color, but none of them spoke to me. In fact, I don't usually go for nudes because they wash me out, so if you have that problem, too (or have very pale lips), this might give you a very natural look

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally an actual lip stain, not just a product claiming to be a lip stain when it's actually a full in lip color, so this product offers a sheer color to the lips and a glossy finish, some shades will make your lips look naturally pink while some will give your lips a boost, I have pink rebellion and i believe a red one called eternally red, both are great i mattify them sometimes with translucent powder to make them more natural looking, and you can even use these as a CHEEK stain, they don't feel too drying and last for about 3 hours, if i would compare this to another Product i own i would compare it to my benetint with the exception of the glossy finish. Great lip stain !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

I have this in Rose On & On and Eternally Nude. I really, really like these! I've never used the YSL stains, so I can't really compare them, but for me, this was a departure from the norm!
The product comes with a tear-shaped, doe-foot applicator and applies very similarly to a gloss. (Be sure to coat your lips evenly, though. I think that's the key to making the color fade more evenly throughout the day.) However, it really does stain the lips. Even if I try to remove this (particularly Eternally Nude, which is a orange-tinted brownish color), it leaves a stain behind. Even after the glossiness fades, though, the texture isn't totally matte. It's a wearable satin-ish finish.
I think the key to these are getting colors that suit you. The lighter colors (like Rose) come off as a bit more sheer and on me, aren't quite as flattering. The darker colors definitely have more of a staining quality to them. I'm an NC25 in Mac and I adore Eternally Nude. It may sound a little scary, but it's a kind of "my lips but better" color that is pleasantly surprising.
The packaging on these is also gorgeous. They're the kind of pretty you love to display on your vanity. They have a slight floral scent, but no taste, and the smell fades as soon as you apply.
Personally, I haven't found these to be drying on my lips. I usually use a lip scrub and balm before applying any other products, so that may make a difference.
Overall, at $10 each (and obviously, less with BOGO at the drugstore), these are worth a try. I love the overall affect and I'd buy again for sure. Yay for pretty spring colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice lip gloss stain. The gloss doesn't last though, and it's not very sticky when it sets either. It comes in a nice arrange of colors and goes on smoothly. I love the sleek and gold packaging. The applicator is doe foot and makes application easy. When applying, the product feels light and wet with a cool touch to it, but not at all cold. This does last for quite a bit. I highly recommend this to anyone! It's definitely worth it's pricey amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product and a great (affordable) dupe for YSL's version.

I bought Rose On and On, but will be going back to purchase another shade or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in #184 Rose On and On. I was really excited to try these as I've heard they compare alot to the YSL Glossy Stains. The color I chose applied easily and smoothly. I did one coat on my lower lip, one coat on my upper lip. I kept my lips apart, making sure to NOT smoosh them together, then applied a 2nd layer. I kept my lips seperated for about 30 seconds after the 2nd coat, and again, did not press them together. I was astounded by the amount of shine these have! It really did look like my lips were coated in glistening water, and this shine held up for the 5 hours I wore the product. My lips felt extremely hydrated upon application. The product did not slip around my lips at all despite being very, very, glossy looking. Around hour 4 of wearing the product, when I pressed my lips together, it felt a little tacky...like it was going to ball up on my lips. When I did a mirror check, my lips still looked great, the product just *felt* a bit different.

My only issue comes from how my lips felt *after* I took the product off. I thought this might be a little hard to get off, so I used a lip scrub to remove. It came right off, but my lips felt a little...strange. They didn't feel dry, per say, but they felt tight and shiney. Like I had a coat of liquid latex on my lips. Lots of lip balm and the morning after, my lips seem to be fine. This just makes me weary of wearng this a few days in a row.

With the mixed reviews on these, I was pleasently surprised. I could see how the darker colors could get patchy/uneven, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I really want to like this but it fell under expectations. Sheer color dries out your lips. Gloss does last longer but fades patchy color. Not sexy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jorates

Okayyy... so I really liked the colours (Lilac ever after and Nude, sheerer, and Coral tatoo and Red, more opaque and bright) and the effect. It wore for a great decent amount of time. But, after wearing it on nude lips for two full days in a row, my lips are more than dry, they seem downstraight burnt. Today is the second day I am treating them with lots of moisture and wearing a Juicy Tubes clear gloss on top, and I only begin to feel them coming back - they've peeled a lot this evening. So beware. Are these gloss stains worthy a place in my makeup cupboard? Totally. They look gorgeous. I just won't wear them two days in row. As for the burning part... I am taking a lippie of a(could be...) 4 lippie product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by boyscubed

Noooo. Did not like this. It did not last at all. I expect at least a little staying power from a stain. It also has a weird watery consistency too and felt weird until it dried. After it dried it did not feel natural. The color was "ehh". I purchased this in "Lilac Ever After". I will not waste my money on this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've had my eye on this lipstain/gloss since it first came out. But the ten dollar price tag was a lot to me, since the tube is so small and I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this. My Mom and I finally got coupons for CVS, so I picked this and a few other things up. The color I ot this in is rose on and on. It's a really pretty pink rose color in the tube, but once on my lips it becomes a darker pink that's really pretty. I think what I like most about this lipstain/gloss is the texture and look on my lips. It's difinitely a wet shine stain. It's pretty wet and slippery, but sets in around a minute. I can build it up to really dark, or put on one thin coat for everyday and have it look really nice and natrual. The shince stays on pretty much all day along with the color. I really like this, and may pick up pick resistance. Not sure if I will though, because rose on and on was really the only one that caught me eye.
UPDATE 3/11/13: This stuff lasts forever on my lips, without drying them out! And it definitely looks 'wet', as the name implies, but more of a wet stain vs a wet gloss. It feels comfortable on and looks really nice. The color actually oxidizes a little to a vampy dark pink boardering on a pink-red with a hint- and I mean a HINT- of violet in it, nothing too visible or scary (I can't rock purple lips), but enough to make my lips look, well, vampy. If you're looking for something longlasting, I cannot stress how long this lasts on my lips! It lasts for at LEAST six or seven hours, then it begins to gradually fade. But I think you could get away for wearing this for ten hours without needing to reapply. I only apply one coat of this, and I'm good for the day. Definitely a must have in my collection- I have nothing like this. And the packaging? Adorable. Oh, and also, it stays shiny all day. Unlinke those glosses that loose their shine after an hour or two and leave behind a stain, this keeps the shine for as long as it keeps the color. Awesome product!