July 29, 2014 | 2088 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice lip gloss stain. The gloss doesn't last though, and it's not very sticky when it sets either. It comes in a nice arrange of colors and goes on smoothly. I love the sleek and gold packaging. The applicator is doe foot and makes application easy. When applying, the product feels light and wet with a cool touch to it, but not at all cold. This does last for quite a bit. I highly recommend this to anyone! It's definitely worth it's pricey amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alwaysalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product and a great (affordable) dupe for YSL's version.

I bought Rose On and On, but will be going back to purchase another shade or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in #184 Rose On and On. I was really excited to try these as I've heard they compare alot to the YSL Glossy Stains. The color I chose applied easily and smoothly. I did one coat on my lower lip, one coat on my upper lip. I kept my lips apart, making sure to NOT smoosh them together, then applied a 2nd layer. I kept my lips seperated for about 30 seconds after the 2nd coat, and again, did not press them together. I was astounded by the amount of shine these have! It really did look like my lips were coated in glistening water, and this shine held up for the 5 hours I wore the product. My lips felt extremely hydrated upon application. The product did not slip around my lips at all despite being very, very, glossy looking. Around hour 4 of wearing the product, when I pressed my lips together, it felt a little tacky...like it was going to ball up on my lips. When I did a mirror check, my lips still looked great, the product just *felt* a bit different.

My only issue comes from how my lips felt *after* I took the product off. I thought this might be a little hard to get off, so I used a lip scrub to remove. It came right off, but my lips felt a little...strange. They didn't feel dry, per say, but they felt tight and shiney. Like I had a coat of liquid latex on my lips. Lots of lip balm and the morning after, my lips seem to be fine. This just makes me weary of wearng this a few days in a row.

With the mixed reviews on these, I was pleasently surprised. I could see how the darker colors could get patchy/uneven, though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I really want to like this but it fell under expectations. Sheer color dries out your lips. Gloss does last longer but fades patchy color. Not sexy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by jorates

Okayyy... so I really liked the colours (Lilac ever after and Nude, sheerer, and Coral tatoo and Red, more opaque and bright) and the effect. It wore for a great decent amount of time. But, after wearing it on nude lips for two full days in a row, my lips are more than dry, they seem downstraight burnt. Today is the second day I am treating them with lots of moisture and wearing a Juicy Tubes clear gloss on top, and I only begin to feel them coming back - they've peeled a lot this evening. So beware. Are these gloss stains worthy a place in my makeup cupboard? Totally. They look gorgeous. I just won't wear them two days in row. As for the burning part... I am taking a lippie of a(could be...) 4 lippie product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by boyscubed

Noooo. Did not like this. It did not last at all. I expect at least a little staying power from a stain. It also has a weird watery consistency too and felt weird until it dried. After it dried it did not feel natural. The color was "ehh". I purchased this in "Lilac Ever After". I will not waste my money on this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've had my eye on this lipstain/gloss since it first came out. But the ten dollar price tag was a lot to me, since the tube is so small and I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this. My Mom and I finally got coupons for CVS, so I picked this and a few other things up. The color I ot this in is rose on and on. It's a really pretty pink rose color in the tube, but once on my lips it becomes a darker pink that's really pretty. I think what I like most about this lipstain/gloss is the texture and look on my lips. It's difinitely a wet shine stain. It's pretty wet and slippery, but sets in around a minute. I can build it up to really dark, or put on one thin coat for everyday and have it look really nice and natrual. The shince stays on pretty much all day along with the color. I really like this, and may pick up pick resistance. Not sure if I will though, because rose on and on was really the only one that caught me eye.
UPDATE 3/11/13: This stuff lasts forever on my lips, without drying them out! And it definitely looks 'wet', as the name implies, but more of a wet stain vs a wet gloss. It feels comfortable on and looks really nice. The color actually oxidizes a little to a vampy dark pink boardering on a pink-red with a hint- and I mean a HINT- of violet in it, nothing too visible or scary (I can't rock purple lips), but enough to make my lips look, well, vampy. If you're looking for something longlasting, I cannot stress how long this lasts on my lips! It lasts for at LEAST six or seven hours, then it begins to gradually fade. But I think you could get away for wearing this for ten hours without needing to reapply. I only apply one coat of this, and I'm good for the day. Definitely a must have in my collection- I have nothing like this. And the packaging? Adorable. Oh, and also, it stays shiny all day. Unlinke those glosses that loose their shine after an hour or two and leave behind a stain, this keeps the shine for as long as it keeps the color. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very long lasting and refreshing plus it doesn't dry my lips out like other lip stainers like maybelline and vs. via covergirl. Very comfortable moistrizing. It keeps my lips very hydrating. I'm not usually a big fan of lip stainers, but in this case, Loreal makes good and new amazing stuff, and it hydrates my lips so well, and the nude colour is so for me and my skintone. I like the silver tube, it's very high class with a french-like name. It rocks, and it lasts for the eight hours that it promises........ i don't need a mirror to apply the gloss, I use the applicator and look through the lipgloss tube mirroe and BAM I'm readya nd to go!!!!! Well, on the downside sorry to say it's expensive, but most Loreal and revlon stuff is, a few more bucks with the tax and it would equal almost as much as non-drugstore lipsticks and lipglosses like Clinique and MAC. Thids lipgloss acts like a lipgloss so it's great for a night out for dinner and a movie or to an event like a show. Oh yeah the colour is very intense and long lasting plus the fragrances and smells rocks and this gloss isn't flavored or tasty that's teh good news about most lorealitems and products on the market that I've so far have purchased. high end packaging and high-end silky (satin and velvety-like) finishing touches

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

If I could I would give this product a 4.5 rating. The products scores the highest for the color selection. The pinks are gorgeous, and there are about 4-5 shades that I have tried so far that are MLLB. Not nude pinks, not bright or garish, but soft and pretty, nice for a daytime look.

I like 182, 183, 184, 185 and 191. I do find 185 a tiny bit on the dark side for me, but its still ok. 182 is practically the same color as my lips, but if I apply more than once, it looks better, I get more pigmentation.

182=pink perserverance, 183=pink resistance, 184=rose on and on, 185=lilac ever after, 191=stubborn plum

So far, they have not dried out my lips. The only downside is the lasting power is not all that great, I find I have to reapply after two or three hours. My lips do feel moisturized however while I am wearing the products. Overall, I am very pleased with the lip stain and plan to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by osuziex

I bought this color in Endless Red and I didn't like it. The scent is kind of strong (floral/perfume-y) but not completely overbearing, I actually liked it. For me, it was really difficult to apply just because it was hard to get it even. It felt really sticky when it dried and wore off easily. I don't think it's an awful product just not something I would recommend, especially at $15 (a bit too expensive for a drugstore product).