Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 2/27/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is 2nd of my three BB creams I own, and the one I like the most. It comes in 3 shades (I don't know if there's any other shade than these 3 I find in Indonesia), and I wear the light-medium one. The main reason why I love this BB cream is the shade. This light-medium really match my skin, not being too fair or too dark, and rarely I find BB cream in local stores that offer this light-medium tone (perks of having skin tone at the cut-off, sigh).
This BB cream is, of course, 4x more expensive than Garnier BB cream (the youngest of my collection, and the one I run to for daily wear) but it has better staying power. It stays for about 6 hours in normal condition, and doesn't really fade when exposed to mild rain (I'm not saying that this product is waterproof, but rain doesn't make this BB cream fade easily). It provides moisture and helps to even my skin blemishes very well. I usually wear this with a primer, and the result is better than BB cream worn alone (pores are less visible with the help of primer, thank goodness!).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love using this when I'm short on time or when I want to go to for a more casual, natural look. It's BB cream, it's supposed to supply light and sheer coverage. Get foundation if you want full coverage.

I have oily skin, so after a few hours my skin does get a sheen but I fixed that by setting the BB cream with a mineral powder- this also helps makes the BB cream last longer too.

I wouldn't buy it again because I just love buying new BB creams.

on 2/24/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to think that this was a decent BB cream- but then i delved into the obsession of Asian BB creams and i never looked back! I felt that this BB cream was too greasy on my skin and it left my skin oily, but perhaps that's just my skin. What i liked about this BB cream was its SPF rating (but then again, that's nothing too uncommon amongst BB creams) and its packaging which allows you to see its colour. Like other drugstore BB creams, i don't think this product lasts long, maybe around 4-5 hours???
After my trip back from Asia (where it's currently winter), i found that this BB cream was too dark for my skin. I won't purchase this product again as it's quite expensive in Australia and i'll probably try using the rest up by mixing it with a lighter foundation.

on 2/23/2014 8:06:00 PM

I'm not sure why there are reviews about it being oily. In my experience it's more dry. I have combo skin and I found this more like a foundation then a lotion. It clung to dry skin, especially on my nose, and I really had to work to get it to absorb without my face looking like I had some kind of scaly foundation. The quest continues....

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Too greasy. It's not buildable for better coverage. Just gets more oily. There are much better ones out there. Currently loving PF with a light dusting of Milani's mineral powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! Great light coverage for a natural look, but it can be greasy so a nice matte powder sets the look. Sadly, I'm really pale, so right know, since I haven't got any Sun, the lightest shade, 010 pale, is to dark for me. so I can only use it during the summer. oh well! Yes I will repurchase, in July!

on 2/17/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this did not work on my skin, it looks too greasy. still, this does not mean its a bad bb cream. Its quite thick, easy to apply, covers just enough, not too much, but blurred my acne scars. it didnt broke me out. overall i reccomend it to people with normal to dry skin, or combination skin (only on the cheeks)

on 2/9/2014 3:10:00 PM

I love the packaging on the photoready revlon collection... just thought I would put that out there. I find a lot of their packaging to look cheap but this looks very clean and classy.

I bought this product light (010). This (out of the 2 bb creams I own) is hands down my favorite. The finish is a healthy dewy finish and is hydrating. It blends right into my skin color and provides a nice medium coverage... I would say this product would not be the first choice for someone with acne or oily skin, but bc I have dry skin and no blemishes, this is a great product for me... Very happy with it and will definitely buy it again. The one thing I would say is that it is not as long lasting as loreal's magic skin beautifier bb cream

on 2/8/2014 9:01:00 PM

I have tried many BB Creams in the past. Some of them were expensive, department store brands, some were drugstore brands, but this is the only one I have purchased more than once. I found it on sale at Ulta several weeks ago and bought two more. The finish is just perfect, and if I throw on a sheer powder I find that it lasts all day. The coverage is sheer to light, which is fine for me. I just need to look acceptable enough to go to the bus stop, the grocery store and run some errands. It blends in easily and never looks streaky.

I wear the lightest shade and have yellow undertones. It is actually one of the only BB Creams I have found that doesn't look too peachy on my skin.

My ONLY complaint is that it gets a little runny toward the end of the bottle. Oh well. It's a small price to pay for something that works so well for my needs and is so kind to my wallet.

As a dupe for Smashbox, I just don't rate this bb cream. The shades weren't great (I'm NC25-30 and couldn't find one anywhere close), the texture thinner and oilier than Smashbox and having rubbed it onto the back of my hand, within ten minutes it had almost disappeared.