September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't tend to stick to one mascara for long, so after I finished my Colossal Volum' Express tube (the stuff flaked on me like crazy) I decided to try this one. I'm a big fan of Maybelline Mascaras, my favorite probably being the One-By-One, so I thought, why not?

This mascara is pretty nice. Gives good volume, doesn't clump much if you don't pile it on, and (thank gosh) doesn't flake on me. My problem with it is the brush. If you're not careful, those sharp, tiny spikes on the brush will brush your eye and it'll be watering for a good ten minutes, getting rid of any progress you made on your makeup on that eye.

It's good, not the best I've ever used. It gives really good volume. But those with sensitive eyes or are a little clumsy with mascara (myself included) should probably skip out because of the brush.

Most likely will not be repurchasing and moseying along to the next mascara after I use up this tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by veromq

I used the regular one everyday for my job and this mascara transferred to my lids every single time. I needed to clean my lids a few times during the day. Its the worst mascara I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by whyyesimreal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While this mascara did give pretty awesome length it did not give me what my main concern was; volume. I tended to get poked in the eye with what to me was a overly large brushe with hardly and defining bristles. The formula is extremely wet which I generally like but with this mascara tended to clump my eyelahes. The only good thing about this mascara is that you can get length and it is a wetter formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Rocket is definitely one of my favorite mascaras: It gives a nice volume but without looking too dramatic or heavy, it separates the lashes beautifully, and makes them look longer.
The plastic wand is a little too fat for me, but Iíve learned to work with it. The product itself is very creamy so it applies very smoothly and leave no clumps! This is not the waterproof one, but itís very long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Britneyc14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this mascara! it makes my lashes super long! I have a picture on my blog - http://everythinggirlbybritney.blogspot.com/ and it makes my lashed super long! But the only downside is, is that it takes a little while to take off but it is so worth it! Check out my blog and request reviews too!(:

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tweetytot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gives good length
Not really fond of the packaging
Huge wand, almost too big
not really volumizing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by alinaah

LOVE this mascara! Separates and volumizes my lashes so well. I can apply one coat or five coats and get a nice clump free look. My go to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the good reviews about this... Youtubers were so thrilled about this mascara... I HAD to try it... So I bought two and I'm sad to say that I was very disappointed with this... I gave the other one to someone else, I couldn't believe how much I didn't liked. The plastic want had too much small ''bristles'' so it doesn't define well. And if you have the bad luck to put just a bit too much... clumpyness overload. And I don't understand... this is so hard to remove... but it flakes like crazy! Ok, it does give great length and ''rocket'' volume in no time as they say but you can't build and you can't come trought because it's not a ''soft'' mascara; it hardens and if you want to build it it becomes a ugly messy mascara mess with globs of lashes. I cried with this and it haven't smudged.. and yes, I read all notes on the packaging, it's the washable version... I wouldn't even bother getting the waterproof one; I guess I could wear it for days! But if you have a coupon, a sell or something like that, I'd say go for it. It's just not the kind for me and for my lashes and I will never repurchase.

WAIT A FEW, AFTER TRYING IT A FEW TIMES I HAVE A NEW OPINION ABOUT IT.

I like this. You just gotta know how to work with it; regardless, it's amazing. It does gives you those nice Rocket separated lashes and, oh my, such amazing length! It's also pretty if you just put alittle amount for a really soft and natural look. One thing tho, don't let dry between coats (it says that on the packaging anyway) and do one eye at a time - it will help. I love this even if it's hard to remove.. even tho I cried but this time it had came off (yay, it was my graduation!) so yeah now I like it a lot more and I can say it does give massive volume but I know not everyone will be a fan of the look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by nikolkuzmin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to mascara, enough said. xD

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LeslieRaven126

This product has had a lot of rave ever since it came out and it deserves all if it!!! This evenly separates your lashes!! Great quality and you won't regret buying!!!