September 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by voguette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DiorShow Blackout has been my go to mascara for years, and I never thought anything would replace it. Until....I received a free sample of Le Volume De Chanel. I'm. In. Love.

I have long-ish eyelashes but they're super fine and really blonde. People have always commented on my eyelashes when I go all out with the DiorShow, but it's now on a new level with the Chanel. Literally, I've had ten people in one day ask me if my eyelashes are real or if I'm wearing falsies (hmm, maybe that's not a good thing? Haha). Thickening, lengthening, without being clumpy. LOVE it. And no panda eyes (which I have found to be a problem with the non waterproof DiorShow, and I'm not a fan of the waterproof version because it's so hard to get off). Anyway, have I said I love it enough? Love. And to think if I hadn't received the free sample I would never have converted. I will be buying this as soon as my sample is all gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Walko

One word.PHENOMENAL!! This mascara does everything.To let you understand I have no eyelashes without mascara. You know how you are advised to curl lashes before mascara, well I can't , because there's no way I can get my non existant lashes into a curler.With this mascara I have long , thick dark lashes. And this is only with a couple of coats.My lashes actually look like my own only longer.I don't look like I'm wearing a lot of mascara. If your lashes are long to begin with this could replace falsies.It seperates very well too.No clumping or flaking.Lovely black colour.I've used Dior blackout for years never believing anything could replace it but this may very well do just that.It's a wet mascara but it dries quickly.Packaging great too.There's a little click when you close the tube, so no air is getting in.Removes easily with my usual remover.I've tried all the high end brands over the years, but this is something else.Of coure it's not cheap , but hey.this is Chanel! This is worth every penny. Treat yourself, it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm completely smitten with this mascara, and it's the first that I have tried from Chanel, so I have no previous frame of reference. My lashes are short and curly, so I am perpetually on a journey for a mascara that makes them look super long. I felt that Le Volume de Chanel most certainly fits the bill.

I purchased this in 10 Noir, which is a standard black mascara, that's not a black as Diorshow Blackout, but is darker than Lancome Definicils. The formula is very wet when initially applied, but dries down really nicely. The wand is slim with plastic bristles, in a wavy unusual pattern. I mentioned that my lashes are super short, and I had no issues with the brush grabbing hold of each of them.

With regards to application, I took a tissue and wiped off all of the excess product prior to the first coat. I personally feel as though that is an important but over looked step in preventing clumpy lashes. I didn't find the lash separation to be very good, so I limited myself to 2 coats allowing about 1 minute of drying time between each. I did not experience smudging or flaking throughout the day.

The end result for me were beautiful, long and luscious lashes. If I could describe this product, I'd say it's like a pair of high heels for your eyelashes. I will most certainly be purchasing this again. I bought this at Macy's for $30.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Pixie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can you fall in love with an in animate object? I did, with this mascara. I've been wearing mascara everyday since I was in my teens, a very, very long time ago, and thank god, the perfect mascara (for me) comes out finally. I've worn the low end mascaras, the high end mascaras, the in-between mascaras, but this one is just worth every penny. What amazes me about it most, this is the first mascara that leaves my lashes looking as fresh, full and gorgeous at midnight as they did at noon. All the others have somehow flaked off or wilted after about six hours or so, leaving me with wimpy lashes. Oh, and it goes on so easily, one or two swipes and you're done. No clumping, no sticking. And no porcupine look, even here in the Northeast with our humid, damp, rainy seasons. Okay, when you compare it to Mabelleine, it's expensive. But when you consider how much better it is, you'll be saying "Money is no object." I've been using mine since April (every day, yes) and it's still going strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Missmelisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start, I am a mascara snob.lol. I like to have false looking lashes without the mess of falsies . I've used hypnotic from Lancôme forever and have tried a zillion. Just got this today and all I can say is WOW! 😳❤😊It is a dream come true for people who are searching for their HG or looking for "THAT" mascara with a Wow factor. And it DOES lengthen also, not just for volume and separates magnificently!! And my lashes are not stiff or goopy or stuck together . My lashes are soft and "Light"... Doesn't feel heavy at all. Perfect lashes !! People may say $30 is alot but that's the average price point for a great mascara. And it will last you 3 months. So $10 a month really isn't breaking the bank in my eyes. Haha. You get what you pay for and I can bet ya you won't find anything close to what Chanel offers in this high end luxurious mascara. You only live once... The eyes are the heart to the soul and you are worth every penny! 😉

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by lma127

I am very impressed with this mascara. I was given a sample when I was at the counter just browsing . The sales associate told me it was new and that she had just tried it herself and loved it. She mentioned the price and I thought to myself it would have to knock my socks off to get me to spend $30 on a mascara when there are so many great mascaras for half that price. Well one week later I was back at the counter spending my 30 bucks ! To me it's worth it , it builds beautiful full volume without looking harsh and fake. It goes on smooth and is easy to remove . My new favorite !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by charmedbella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

5-stars all around. This mascara is amazing! I was using Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara, but decided to try Volume De Chanel and really love it. The formula is creamier than Inimitable Intense and I find Volume De Chanel lasts longer and doesn't dry out as fast as. This creates gorgeous, luscious lashes. It gives volume and length and doesn't smear. I think the price point is spot on for the quality you receive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara received a sample when I purchased a lipstick for a wedding. I really wanted to dislike it but it is Amazing!!! I wore it for the wedding and my lashes looked amazing all night. I didn't even have any residue rubbing off all over the place like usual. It stayed put all night along. I have had Lancôme hypnosis and Diorshow but this is probably my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this mascara, and at first I thought I would. It really does add a lot of volume, and my lashes looked great. It does take longer to dry than most, but that isn't a big deal to me.

But, within a few hours, I had raccoon eyes. This mascara flakes like crazy and I had to remove my under eye makeup and re-do. I tried not using moisturizer around my eyes, in case that was the problem, but it didn't matter.

Then, when I wanted to remove the mascara at the end if the day, the last bits clung to my lashes like mad. I tried multiple makeup removers, none of which worked well on this mascara.

This VERY pricy mascara has been discarded.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this mascara from the Chanel SA after telling her I wanted a mascara that didn't require a lash prep or base coat. I wanted something that would deliver some kind of impact without having to use several products or take endless coats to make a difference. This stuff seems to do the job. I have invisible, fine, and weightless lashes, and with Le Volume I can actually get by with just one coat. Makes my lashes dark, thick, and visible - even behind my glasses!