Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 4/25/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First review:

I bought this yesterday hoping it would be as wonderful as reviewers said it was. Still looking for a perfect mascara, I spent the $41.44 willingly. Well, although it's good, it's not perfect for me. I can see how it could be if someone already had long lashes. It was said to work with only one coat, but it didn't.

Pros:
- very black
- nice consistency
- not as spidery looking as 3 coats of other mascaras
- does a better job than most products on lower lashes
- brush is easy to use
- lashes can be built up carefully without looking too fake

Cons:
- one coat does not do the miraculous job it did for some people
- it did flake when I put it on, but after wiping off the flakes it didn't flake again
- didn't make my lashes spectacular or extra long
- costs as much as ten regular mascaras on sale

I'm giving this 4 stars because it is the best mascara I currently own, better than Diorshow Iconic Overcurl which cost almost as much.

Edit May 6, 2014: I have since tried out numerous new mascaras including Hypnose Star, and they were all failures compared to this. I may not find this to be perfect, but it is better than everything I've tried so far. It's just not the ultimate.

Edit May 18, 2015: I am upgrading this to holy grail status. After one year this is still working, not dried out, and gives me stunning lashes. Thus it is better than my previous HG, Miss Manga, because that one dries out after a few weeks.

I have bought several mascaras since this including some new releases which were dry right out of the package. I can't believe how this one has held up.

As for my new mascaras, I just use them for a base if I bother with them at all. I get mile long lashes after applying Le Volume De Chanel, and they do not look spidery or fake. But the main thing is how it is still like the day I bought it. It has not dried out at all!

on 4/25/2014 10:35:00 AM

Oh my goshhh.. isn't this like the best mascara ever!!!! got a sample 2013 Thanksgiving and have it still , April 2014. Its so black yet so volumizing and lengthening. Doesn't clump my lashes together, doesn't make them hard and unbearable to take off, don't flake. The best mascara I'v ever used. Always get compliments about my eyelashes when I wear it .

on 4/24/2014 11:17:00 PM

This mascara creates an impact not only with volume, but depth of color. This is an intense black. I feel comfortable wearing no liner with this mascara. Only negatives are price and how wet the product is, especially when the tube is new. It gets better, but I found it hard to deal with a first (almost gave up). I've concluded you have take the good with the bad since the wetness gives you time to work with your lashes and the curl holds. My lashes have a mind of their own apparently need a bit more product to hold the shape I build.

on 4/24/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is hands down the best Mascara I have ever used. It volumizes and thickens lashes perfectly. I even got complimented by a girl that worked at Sephora and she asked me if my lashes were real. Worth every penny!

on 4/8/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL!!

I have used this mascara for about a year now, and have run through several tubes. Everything about this mascara is perfect. It makes my lashes so incredibly long, and gives them such AMAZING volume! I swore to Maybellines mascaras for several years, untill a blogger recommended this.

I have very stick straight lashes. I first curl my lashes, then use a waterproof mascara, then this one. It looks like I have false lashes every time! Even my boyfriend asked me if I was wearing falsies one day!

It does clump a little, but thats the whole illusion that makes it look so voluminous. It stays ALL day, and does not smudge! You wont regret trying this :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Do I have issue with this mascara clumping? Yes. BUT truly I would rather comb it out a bit for the AMAZING volume it gives me. I have plenty of natural length but my lashes are so thin and this mascara makes a huge difference with just one coat! It is very wet but I think it will dry out a bit with a few more uses and be perfect. It's also gentle and washed off easily. All in all I love it. The only thing I don't love is paying $30 for a tube of mascara but it's worth it!

on 4/3/2014 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this mascara after trying a sample and it is the BEST mascara I've used. The brush is quite thick but it really creates voluminous lashes. I have thin straight Asian eyelashes so I notice the volume. It also lengthens eyelashes which again is noticeable on Asian lashes :) It curls the lashes slightly depending how you work the brush upwards and out to the side to create a winged effect. If you have straight lashes, try curling your lashes and the look is va va voom!! It is more expensive than your drugstore mascara (it is Chanel after all) but for the difference it makes, its a good investment.

on 3/28/2014 3:21:00 PM

A beautiful volume mascara for me but unfortunately I was given a waterproof one that I don't like

on 3/27/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favourite volume mascara besides this is Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. That one clumps easier though and is drier. This one doesn't clump easily at all and is much wetter. They are both very good if you want alot of volume and a little length.

If mascara usually smudge on you, if you can't handle wet formulas and/or have oily eyelids, this may not be for you. Mascara usually don't smudge on me at all, but this one smudges a little. This one is the only one besides L'Oreal Million lashes that smudge on me. It's not alot and not always, though, so it's not a huge problem.

Though if you don't usually have a problem with smudging, if you want a non-clumping mascara and love loads of volume, this is one of the best mascaras you can find! Really expensive, but makes my lashes look incredible.

on 3/25/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok so I tried this mascara in the sample size and I am not sure what the heck happen here. While I will admit it make my eyelashes long, really black and they stood out like crazy, they also clumped like it was nobodies business. I had to clean the wand off because so much came out that it was gross. When I applied it, it made my lashes clump right away in a very unattactive fashion. It dried very quickly so I had a hard time trying to separate my lashes. I even tried combing them with a eyelash comb brush and that did nothing but made it worse. It really just looked gross. I do have the sample size so I thought it was the wand. However after reading reviews here, I realize that other people got the same results even with the full size tube.

I will stick with my L'oreal mascara for the moment. I don't see how I would pay $30 for this mascara. While it does make your lashes long and really black, the Tammy Faye Bakker look of clumpy lashes is no longer in.