October 22, 2014 | 2051 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think people realize how much we actually depend on mascara in our makeup routine. Heck, for some people that's the only part of their makeup routine. It's the single most sold makeup product on the earth, and comes in a wide selection of shapes and sizes to fit all eyelashes and eye-shapes. Thus, there is really no perfect mascara, is it?

Well, wrong. Because this really is the perfect mascara. I have typical eyelashes - medium in both thickness and length. I love length, and I love volume, and for me this is the ultimate wa-wa-woom mascara. I curl my lashes with my shu uemura, apply three coats of this mascara, and my eyelashes look amazing. You can just build and build, and there is no end to it. If eyelashes could wear high heels, then this mascara would be mile long, jet black Christian Luboutins. It is that good.

Back to the whole "perfect" thing. In my opinion, a good makeup product is a product that can work for a lot of people. This mascara delivers this - My friend with super long lashes loved this, my asian friend with straight and tiny lashes loved this, and I love it! I am convinced that this works for everyone, I even picked it up because the sales lady said she was wearing it, and her eyelashes looked so long and luscious that I couldn't help myself - even if the price-tag was 50 freaking dollars (310 in NOK). The people who dislike it mostly have problems with it in the beginning - it can be a bit on the too wet side when you first use it. Just have patience and play with it, and when the first two weeks of use pass it get the perfect consistency. I actually recommend wiping of the excess product that sort of just stick to the end of the wand the first times you use it. That way you wont apply too much mascara to the lashes or put it down into the tube again.

I am on my third tube of the black one now, and I plan on trying out the other colors too. A quick tip of advice: Buy this on tax free if you're European like me. It's insanely expensive in Norway compared to the US, I bought it for 215 NOK at taxfree, and 310 NOK at home at the local makeup counter. So if this is a HG for you as it is for me, stack up on it when you're traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG mascara for me. On my third tube. Love it. I have used both the Prun (plum) colour and black. It is smooth and glossy. It is wet, but not too wet, and not heavy. It holds a curled lash beautifully but actually curls my lashes too, when I don't want to be bothered with my eyelash curlers. I just apply it in an upward lifting motion, and hold my lashes up while it dries, and voila - curled lashes that hold! The brush grabs and coats every lash. It adds volume, drama, definition, and a bit of length. I do swipe the excess off on a paper towel before applying, but I've never used up all the product in a tube of mascara before it's not longer safe/too dry to use so that's no big deal to me. I find a tube easily lasts 3-4 months and looks as good at the end of its life as when new (don't need to wipe off as much excess when a bit older, as it's a bit drier). It never smudges and never flakes - not even when the tube is 4 months old. The only negative for me is the price. But I love it so much (I've tried so many mascaras and am very picky!) it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Krystinbeauty

Mega volume, doesn't flake and Chanel is always gracious with samples definitely worth asking for one and trying. Does not dry out nearly as fast as Diorshow. My current everyday mascara and I get compliments on my lashes all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. Just...wow. Like some other reviewers, I'm a Dior Iconic user, till I got a sample of this. I just used it for the first time today after it's been sitting on my vanity for a few weeks, and I'm so happy I tried it. My lashes went from blah to whoa with just one coat, and that was without curling. I realized I had a winner, so I did curl the lashes on the other eye before applying and it looks like I have false lashes on - with only one coat! I will definitely be buying this after my Dior is done. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by voguette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DiorShow Blackout has been my go to mascara for years, and I never thought anything would replace it. Until....I received a free sample of Le Volume De Chanel. I'm. In. Love.

I have long-ish eyelashes but they're super fine and really blonde. People have always commented on my eyelashes when I go all out with the DiorShow, but it's now on a new level with the Chanel. Literally, I've had ten people in one day ask me if my eyelashes are real or if I'm wearing falsies (hmm, maybe that's not a good thing? Haha). Thickening, lengthening, without being clumpy. LOVE it. And no panda eyes (which I have found to be a problem with the non waterproof DiorShow, and I'm not a fan of the waterproof version because it's so hard to get off). Anyway, have I said I love it enough? Love. And to think if I hadn't received the free sample I would never have converted. I will be buying this as soon as my sample is all gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Walko

One word.PHENOMENAL!! This mascara does everything.To let you understand I have no eyelashes without mascara. You know how you are advised to curl lashes before mascara, well I can't , because there's no way I can get my non existant lashes into a curler.With this mascara I have long , thick dark lashes. And this is only with a couple of coats.My lashes actually look like my own only longer.I don't look like I'm wearing a lot of mascara. If your lashes are long to begin with this could replace falsies.It seperates very well too.No clumping or flaking.Lovely black colour.I've used Dior blackout for years never believing anything could replace it but this may very well do just that.It's a wet mascara but it dries quickly.Packaging great too.There's a little click when you close the tube, so no air is getting in.Removes easily with my usual remover.I've tried all the high end brands over the years, but this is something else.Of coure it's not cheap , but hey.this is Chanel! This is worth every penny. Treat yourself, it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm completely smitten with this mascara, and it's the first that I have tried from Chanel, so I have no previous frame of reference. My lashes are short and curly, so I am perpetually on a journey for a mascara that makes them look super long. I felt that Le Volume de Chanel most certainly fits the bill.

I purchased this in 10 Noir, which is a standard black mascara, that's not a black as Diorshow Blackout, but is darker than Lancome Definicils. The formula is very wet when initially applied, but dries down really nicely. The wand is slim with plastic bristles, in a wavy unusual pattern. I mentioned that my lashes are super short, and I had no issues with the brush grabbing hold of each of them.

With regards to application, I took a tissue and wiped off all of the excess product prior to the first coat. I personally feel as though that is an important but over looked step in preventing clumpy lashes. I didn't find the lash separation to be very good, so I limited myself to 2 coats allowing about 1 minute of drying time between each. I did not experience smudging or flaking throughout the day.

The end result for me were beautiful, long and luscious lashes. If I could describe this product, I'd say it's like a pair of high heels for your eyelashes. I will most certainly be purchasing this again. I bought this at Macy's for $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Pixie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can you fall in love with an in animate object? I did, with this mascara. I've been wearing mascara everyday since I was in my teens, a very, very long time ago, and thank god, the perfect mascara (for me) comes out finally. I've worn the low end mascaras, the high end mascaras, the in-between mascaras, but this one is just worth every penny. What amazes me about it most, this is the first mascara that leaves my lashes looking as fresh, full and gorgeous at midnight as they did at noon. All the others have somehow flaked off or wilted after about six hours or so, leaving me with wimpy lashes. Oh, and it goes on so easily, one or two swipes and you're done. No clumping, no sticking. And no porcupine look, even here in the Northeast with our humid, damp, rainy seasons. Okay, when you compare it to Mabelleine, it's expensive. But when you consider how much better it is, you'll be saying "Money is no object." I've been using mine since April (every day, yes) and it's still going strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Missmelisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start, I am a mascara snob.lol. I like to have false looking lashes without the mess of falsies . I've used hypnotic from Lancôme forever and have tried a zillion. Just got this today and all I can say is WOW! 😳❤😊It is a dream come true for people who are searching for their HG or looking for "THAT" mascara with a Wow factor. And it DOES lengthen also, not just for volume and separates magnificently!! And my lashes are not stiff or goopy or stuck together . My lashes are soft and "Light"... Doesn't feel heavy at all. Perfect lashes !! People may say $30 is alot but that's the average price point for a great mascara. And it will last you 3 months. So $10 a month really isn't breaking the bank in my eyes. Haha. You get what you pay for and I can bet ya you won't find anything close to what Chanel offers in this high end luxurious mascara. You only live once... The eyes are the heart to the soul and you are worth every penny! 😉

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by lma127

I am very impressed with this mascara. I was given a sample when I was at the counter just browsing . The sales associate told me it was new and that she had just tried it herself and loved it. She mentioned the price and I thought to myself it would have to knock my socks off to get me to spend $30 on a mascara when there are so many great mascaras for half that price. Well one week later I was back at the counter spending my 30 bucks ! To me it's worth it , it builds beautiful full volume without looking harsh and fake. It goes on smooth and is easy to remove . My new favorite !