Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 3/27/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favourite volume mascara besides this is Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. That one clumps easier though and is drier. This one doesn't clump easily at all and is much wetter. They are both very good if you want alot of volume and a little length.

If mascara usually smudge on you, if you can't handle wet formulas and/or have oily eyelids, this may not be for you. Mascara usually don't smudge on me at all, but this one smudges a little. This one is the only one besides L'Oreal Million lashes that smudge on me. It's not alot and not always, though, so it's not a huge problem.

Though if you don't usually have a problem with smudging, if you want a non-clumping mascara and love loads of volume, this is one of the best mascaras you can find! Really expensive, but makes my lashes look incredible.

on 3/25/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok so I tried this mascara in the sample size and I am not sure what the heck happen here. While I will admit it make my eyelashes long, really black and they stood out like crazy, they also clumped like it was nobodies business. I had to clean the wand off because so much came out that it was gross. When I applied it, it made my lashes clump right away in a very unattactive fashion. It dried very quickly so I had a hard time trying to separate my lashes. I even tried combing them with a eyelash comb brush and that did nothing but made it worse. It really just looked gross. I do have the sample size so I thought it was the wand. However after reading reviews here, I realize that other people got the same results even with the full size tube.

I will stick with my L'oreal mascara for the moment. I don't see how I would pay $30 for this mascara. While it does make your lashes long and really black, the Tammy Faye Bakker look of clumpy lashes is no longer in.

on 3/22/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I Agee $30 for mascara! I decided to splurge in particular because the new urban decay $52 pallet had to much sparkle for me. First attempt over other mascara yuck. Second attempt on bare lashes after cleaning brush of a lot of product and I'm wowed! I have blue eyes and the plum color really popped. I have normal lashes not long and not full but with a good coat if this stuff long slight curl and full enough but not enough to brush the lens of my glasses! Whether I buy again will be a test of time but right one I think it's worth the price.

on 3/7/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't get it. I just don't get it. This stuff is terrible. I read all the great reviews, did my research before shelling out $32 for a mascara and ended up very disappointed. This is so clumpy and wet. I couldn't even brush it out with a lash comb. Terrible. My 7$ cover girl lash blast volume is 300% better then this stuff. Don't understand all the glowing reviews. Maybe bc it's Chanel I don't know but don't waste your money.

on 3/7/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Cannot fault this mascara. A godsend, even at $52. Volume, colour and length without looking cheap or clumpy or spidery.

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. My lashes are a moderate length, but lack volume. I'm always hunting for a new and better mascara, and I saw this one mentioned randomly in a YouTube video. The results were fantastic! Although I admittedly spend much more than I should on cosmetics, one of the things I refuse to spend big bucks on is mascara for the obvious reasons. This was my first high end mascara purchase and I wasn't disappointed! It really does give your lashes an intense look. It volumizes fairly well, but it lengthens even better. The brush is very nice, and the formula is very wet. It reminds me of a more intense version of L'oreal's Carbon Black, which is one of my favorite mascaras.

I will say that this needs to be applied with care. I normally curl my lashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara. It is 100% necessary to PRIME YOUR LASHES before using this mascara. I can't stress this enough. It has the tendency to make your lashes stick together, and it will clump slightly. One coat is all you need. Seriously. That's it! I would never go beyond 2 coats max. If you overdo it, it will turn out terrible. I rub this into the roots of my lashes well on the first swipe, and turn the wand a little as I work it up. Normally I'd do short quicker strokes, but this one takes a little more finesse.

For the price, I think I may pass on purchasing it again, just because I'm pretty satisfied with my drugstore mascaras. L'oreal has some great ones and Maybelline has a couple that are nice as well. If you have $30 to spend on mascara, I say go for it. Just be careful when applying!

on 3/2/2014 3:56:00 PM

I bought this mascara even though $30 is more than I have ever spent on a mascara, because I was so sure I'd like it. Man was I wrong! I can't understand why this mascara has such positive reviews. My lashes were all clumpy and there was a blob of mascara on the end of almost every lash. When I tried to comb them, it didn't really do much to help, but now I had flakes everywhere--in my eyes, on my face, even on my lids. I had somewhere I had to go, so I cleaned it up the best I could and left it on. I am really looking for a mascara that will not flake and will darken them so that they stand out more and look more finished. So far, I've had the best luck with Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes and Lancôme Definicils. I think I'll just stick with those.

on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My ABSOLUTE favourite! I couldn't believe my eyes literally! Such a drastic difference to all the mascaras I used before, as if everything was a kind of parody compared to this! This mascara's worth its weight in gold!

on 2/22/2014 8:25:00 AM

One of the best mascara I've used! I find a lot of 'volumizing' mascaras end up clumping my lashes together and weighing them down but this one is fantastic. The big brush coats every lash and gives my lashes length as well as lots of volume! I like to apply 2 coats of this for big dramatic eyelashes!

I'd definitely recommend this! I actually bought another one recently and after just a week of using it, I misplaced it and couldn't find it anywhere so ended up running out to buy another one as I couldn't be without it!

on 2/21/2014 12:26:00 PM

Love love love. Received a sample of this and it's amazing makes lashes longer and fuller in one sweep!!! X