Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I got this as a birthday gift, and I was quite excited about it. It really is a great group of colors and a good price for such a tiny palette. However, I do not think I will be buying again simply because there are so many other amazing options I can get in a palette for just $10 more.

Pros: Great neutral shades, the right shades are matte and the right shades are shimmer (for contouring/highlighting), relatively cheap (about $20-22 US dollars), last a long time with primer, good pigmentation.

Cons: Simply not wowing. Nothing extremely special or unique about this product.

on 6/24/2014 11:14:00 PM

Pros: good quality, buttery matte shades, best used with a primer. The colors blend very well.
Good, sturdy packaging with a mirror

Cons: only 4/6 shades show up on my skin tone.

on 6/19/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you've been wanting to get one of the full size Naked palettes but were unsure due to it being out of your price range, consider this instead. But also consider it as a perfect partner to your full sized palettes!
I absolutely love it. One of the weak sides of Naked palettes to me as always been that there's no matte shades, and I think Naked Basics does a good job of remedying that. I wonder if in the future there will be more versions of this like the Naked palettes. These are really nice on their own or in conjunction with the shimmerier eyeshadows from Naked 1/2/3 to soften the look. It's also good for other things. I like to use Venus as a general eyebrow highlight. I also love using Faint and Crave to fill in my eyebrows - I may just buy Faint all on its own. I think my favorite color from this is Crave, though, I wish they sold it as a single shadow! It's the perfect dark brown - almost black, but not quite. Also a really nice color when I want my brows to look a little more dramatic.
Besides that, I also really love the packaging. The nice click of the palette when it shuts is super satisfying, there's a mirror, and it's all nice and sturdy. The size also makes it perfect for throwing into your purse when you're on the go or in your travel kit.

on 6/19/2014 9:23:00 PM

Perfect every day love love love you walk of shame alone i'd buy this palette for but then there's naked, etc.. :)

on 6/16/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. I am a blonde hair and deep brown eyes girl. I used to never apply eye shadow but this one changed my life. It is so easy to use!

Colors can make a natural look for work, or for the most glamorous evening. Shadows can be dimmed for a subtle effect or packed for more intensity. Finally, it is a pleasure to work with this stuff on your face because if you make a mistake, these eyeshadows are super easy to blend so you can fix it up.

This product last all day and night when used with the urban decay original eye shadow primer potion

I've always had my eyes on the Naked palettes ever since the first one came out . This particular palette was the least of my interest .
Finally in January of this year I went to Ulta to take a look at the Naked 3 palette and walked out with the Naked Basics instead .
Honestly the main reason I got it was because of the packaging . I was going on a trip soon and wanted some new make-up and since this comes in a slim compact I figured it'd be perfect for travel .
Neutral & matte eyeshadows are my favorite so this palette has my name written all over it .

I always make sure to use a base . I like MAC Painterly paint pot but a little bit of concealer works fine as well . The shadows are easy to blend .
I love the versatility of this palette . You can create a simple and subtle eye that's perfect for everyday . Or a smokier/more intense eye for the nighttime . And you can add a pop of color to a neutral look .

I've used it almost everyday since I bought it and there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube using this palette . There's a lot of possibilities with this bad boy and I think it should be a staple in every ladies make-up bag !

on 6/9/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE! Perfect for very fair people. In most palettes, the colors are too dark, and I only use the lightest two, but there is much more flexibility here. One shimmery pale color, one warm pale and one cool pale. The warm and cool look very different on me, but on darker skin they probably wouldn't. I got this after watching madmen and realizing I wanted a really subtle shade to my crease a la Joan. I use the two non shimmery pale shades to do it and I really love it!
This is awesome in my bag for touch ups at work too. It goes with all makeup so whatever I put on in the morning I can add a bit of neutral color to fill in any patchy areas and touch up my brows and liner. I'm considering buying a second to keep at my desk.
I have very sensitive eyes and unfortunately these DO irritate my eyes. I don't use the liner much for that reason but the shadows are ok.
The shadow quality is good, not the best I own cough cough dior, but quite good.

on 6/5/2014 10:38:00 PM

This is my HG eye shadow palette. I can play around with the colours: keeping it neutral for an everyday look and really pumping up the smoke factor for evening wear with the black colour. So versatile, this should be a staple in every make-up bag. Love!

Lovely palette. Covers everyday needs. Although I really missed a brush in the box! And one shimmery highlighting shade would be nice. Worth the money, colours are well pigmented and stays on the whole day.

on 6/3/2014 1:31:00 PM

I got this as a Christmas present, and I like it, the pigmentation is great, but there is a lot of light colors in the pallete. But I guess that's why its the basics, right! I do love it and I think its a great pallet and a great value for the money, you def need this pallete in your collection.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products