October 22, 2014 | 1916 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First off: hi, my name is Danielle, and I'm an Urban Decay junkie. That addressed, I have the worst kind of love-hate relationship with this specific palette, because I use the blasted thing almost every day...but only three out of six shades. Faint and Crave have all the power and pigmentation of chalk dust, and I haven't even acknowledged Foxy (my Naked2 palette told me all I needed to know about that yellow monster). However, Walk of Shame is seriously my Holy Grail blending shade, and I'm quite happy with Naked2 as a transition colour. So what it boils down to is, I paid a bomb for that pair, plus the lovely and talented highlighting shade Venus. Still cost less than three UD singles, but still...Walk of Shame is really the only one in there that gets me flailing like a fangirl. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by dancer4544

This product is actually quite amazing and the eyeshadow quality is good because of the creamy and bold texture.. the only thing that bothers me is the Price!! I mean I know this is a good product and I mean the brand urban decay cosmetics is a high end brand but for 5 eyeshades for $40.00 is a little much! But, otherwise I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

This eyeshadow palette is just... wow! I absolutely adore it! With it, you can create natural, neutral or a little bit more complete look! I also love that they're all mate (the first one, Venus, looks a little bit me glittery, but again, it's really natural) It is perfect for me since I don't wear a lot of glittery eyeshadow. There are six colors which is enough for a “basic” palette. I think that yes, the price is high, BUT since the product is so fabulous it's okay to pay a little bit more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by CassLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Urban Decay's quality in eyeshadows. Creamy & smooth & nicely pigmented (for the most part).
I have yet to purchase any of the Naked 1-3 Palettes but this one I love. It's small and shadows that can create multiple looks. From subtle day time looks to night time looks. It's also perfect to take on the go for touch ups if need be.
My only complaint is that they shouldn't placed a shimmer shadow like Half Baked Or Smog instead of WOS or Foxy. You don't need two base shadows.
But all in all I love this little palette. Venus is a iridescent shimmer shade that I am OBSESSED with. Another fav of mine is Faint. Nice taupe brown shade that looks amazing with my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by nunyabiness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I resisted buying Urban Decay eyeshadows due to the price, despite all the rave reviews.

I've always thought eyeshadow is eyeshadow....

But I tested Naked 3 at Ulta and was impressed by the color payoff. But there were too many shimmers in that palette for me (older), and the colors seemed to lean mauvey/pink, it seems.

The Naked Basics palette had exactly what I was looking for...a range of matte neutrals for daytime/work.

So I caved and bought it.

Soooo glad I did, because the amount of color/shadow you get when you apply it is impressive.

People might complain the colors are boring, but like the name says it's mean to be "basics."

I read this palette was released due to customer requests for a neutral matte palette. So I think it's unfair to give it a lower rating for being "boring"...it's MEANT to be neutral.

Great starter for a person to try Urban Decay, and very work-appropriate.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can see where some of the negative reviews of this palette are coming from, since this palette consists of 2 very light shades and a very light, barely mid tone taupe. I can't imagine that this works well for everyone. But since I'm very pale, this has worked fabulously and I have no complaints. I can get a natural light look all the way to a deep smokey dramatic eye from this one palette. My only real complaint is that there are two very light shades, one leaning pink and one leaning yellow. I understand that this makes the palette more versatile for more people, but find that with my neutral cool skin, I only ever use the pale pink shade and the pale yellow has seen little to no use at all. For a mid-price range palette, I'd like to get use out of all the shades. The shadows are creamy without too much fallout, blend well, and work well together. I would definitely repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for small, good price palette with light, nude and brown shades. This seemed good at first: 3 light, 3 darks shades for $28. However, even with eye shadow primer, they do not last long. I applied these at around 3pm and by 6pm it was all gone.
These colors are too matte for me, I dislike Venus and Crave shades. Plus, this palette stinks! I didn't notice at first but reading other reviews, I had to smell it - and it does have a weird smell. I will try Lorac Pro palette at Ulta - heard lots of good reviews about it. But this is going back to the store. Bye bye famous Naked palette!
P.S. I decided to give it another try but no.. I don't even see the colors on my eye lids!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by piercethesassy

This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow palette & I'm in love! The colors are smooth & blend well, & I love how they look in general. I'll definitely be buying this again if I run out (which I hope I don't soon). If you're considering this, get it!! It's an all around wonderful palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Rubystevo

reeeaaally like this pallete alot, it is very multi purpose and versatile, the matte eyeshadows have a really nice texture and are very easy to blend. The only annoying thing I found was it can get a little messy because they are so pigmented and they can sometimes transfer onto their neighbouring pans. Overall I like naked basics alot:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I never thought I'd love this palette as much as I do. I use it on a daily basis and for a multiple of reasons:

Venus: Inner corner highlight
Foxy & WOS: Browbown highlight/blending
Naked 2: Crease and/or brows
Faint: Brows (mixed with Naked 2)
Crave: Liner

For me, this is the perfect companion palette that is a must-have for travel and everyday use. I don't use it alone for an altogether eye look because I go a little more dramatic with my shadows, but I love how versitile it is. In a pinch, you could even use Venus as a cheekbone highlight, Foxy/WOS to set undereye concealer and Naked 2/Faint as a facial contour color.

I will definintely be hitting pan on a few shades soon and will repurchase immediately.