Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/11/2014 2:42:00 PM

I have this for about a year and been using it almost everyday. This is so PERFECT for an everyday natural look.
If I want to do something very very simple and quick I just mix "Naked 2" and "Faint" and put in on my crease and lower lashes, then just to highlight I just put "Venus" on my brow bone and inner corner and I am DONE!
I love that you can go from day to night look with "Crave" and create a smokey eye.
They're super easy to blend.
Honestly all you need is this palette if your going to travel.

on 10/3/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The palette smells AWFUL. it smells like cat piss. i don't know if i just got a bad batch or something but it smells terrible and it's all i think about when i use the palette. the odor is so strong. the colors aren't that bad and they blend beautifully. it's an above average palette, but the stench is horrid.

on 9/5/2014 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Perfect to pair or to wear alone, this kit contains a nice range of shadows to create demure or dramatic looks, all according to your wishes. I love it in particular when paired with Naked 3, since the lighter shades in N3 aren't exactly what I'm looking for as far as highlights/blending colours. These are perfect to fit in that gap. They also work for adding a bit of an anchor to more dramatic links. I really like it and the fact that I can toss it in my purse is just an added bonus.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so late to this party & I got here in a really roundabout way. First, I always thought I was a shimmer-only eyeshadow person & second, I've held a bit of a grudge against UD since my first high end purchase ever, the Ammo palette, was such a bust. That palette is impossible to use because the fallout is outrageous, and I never thought I would purchase another Urban Decay palette because of it.

So, instead I purchased Lorac. I love Lorac, & I own both Pro's & the Unzipped. I found quickly that the only part of the Pro palette's I was using was the matte shades. Then, the Naked Basics palette started popping up in a bunch of recent blog posts & YouTube favorites videos & it felt like fate. I needed to give this palette a shot.

Bought it as a treat for myself last payday & I've only used it once, but once is enough to know that I'm IN LOVE. I thought Lorac quality couldn't be beat, but these matte shades are incredible. They're soft as butter & so easy to blend, with the added bonus of no fallout whatsoever. I'm visiting home next week & I think this palette will be the only one I take. It's that good.

I'm very happy that UD found it's way back into my heart and now I'm thinking I may need to check out Naked 3. I've been eyeing it for awhile but was so traumatized by the awful fallout from that Ammo palette that I've been avoiding it. Here's to second chances!

on 8/29/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I'm a neutral kind of girl, and this palette is by far my favourite out of all the ones I have so far. The eyeshadows are smooth, the colours are great and they show up nicely. They also stay on all day, even if I don't use an eyeshadow primer. It's also small enough to place into a travel bag. I love this palette and I would recommend this to any new makeup users out there!

on 8/28/2014 5:32:00 AM

Amazing, I use faint on my brows. Venus is my all time fave from the pallet

on 8/27/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

im kind of late on the band wagon for this. i love all things make up related EXCEPT eye shadow. im just not into it. especially shimmery glittery unnatural colors. so when urban decay came out with this simple palette, i was excited. the reason i love this so much is because i use it for so many things! the lightest shade i use as a highlight wherever i want. the next two shades i use as an all over lid wash. and the next beigey shade i use to contour. and not just my eyes. my nose or cheek bones also. the last two shades which are a dark brown and black color i use as eye liners with a wet brush. its just sp practical for someone like me and its the only palette i want and need. the packaging is darling and its great for travel! the color payout is great as well

on 8/25/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let me preface by saying I have never been a big fan of neutral mattes. They have never really done much for my green eyes, dark brown hair and fair cool complexion. I read so many great reviews on this palette that I thought it might change my mind. It didn't. These colors are far too warm for me, and there is nothing wow about them. The formula is nice and pigmented, but looks dry when used with the UD eye primer. Staying power is great. I find myself using the same 3 shades everyday, and it's just boring and doesn't do anything to bring out my eyes. I am giving two lippies though, because the color Venus is gorgeous and I will probably purchase it individually and give my mom this palette.

on 8/18/2014 3:58:00 PM

Love this palette!!!!!!! It was my first e/s palette and it is named perfectly. Everyone needs this in their collection. It works great for a matte eye look or in conjunction with other eyeshadows.

on 8/16/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This palette is the greatest answer to all those shimmer/glittery eyeshadow palettes that need moe depth in their looks. Looks great on my NC42 skin tone. Can't wait for Basics 2 at the end of the month!

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Palettes