July 24, 2014 | 1472 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG day eyeshadow palette. I adore mattes, but they are normally patchy. These are perfectly blendable and buttery, it's very easy to create a nude look or a dramatic, matte smoky eye.

Venus is a slightly shimmery highlight colour. I know a lot of people question the presence of a "demi-matte" in a matte palette but I am thrilled they put this in there because matte highlighter shades are always awful in my opinion.

Foxy and WOS which are essentially warm and cool equivalents, so you can use one or the other to complement or contrast your overall undertone.

Naked 2, Faint and Crave are all neutral shades: Naked 2 is a pale brown, Faint is a rich brown and Crave is a very dark, essentially black, brown.

I use this daily for my work-suitable make up and also occasionally for nights out. I've never used better matte shadows. Fingers crossed UD make more matte palettes, maybe something with a little more colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome palette for a bold or light neutral look. The colors apply easy and blend wonderfully. Well worth the $27 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Lawlciara

Love this palette to death! The colours are gorgeous! Blendable, packaging is amazing love the feel if it and a nice weight. Convenient for carrying around In your bag. Price is very good for the 6 gorgeous colours you get. GET THIS BEFORE ANY OTHER PALETTE!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

For the most part, I adore this palette. It's a must-have if you're a fan of neutrals!

I believe that the price has actually gone up since it was released, at least here in the UK... I may be imagining this though... I swear I paid 18 with a 10% discount (2 off 20) but now it seems to be retailing at 22 everywhere here? Anyone else noticed this? I think the price is fair value for what you get.

First off, the packaging. I really love the packaging of this one actually. The material is similar to what NARS use, but it never looks as dirty as NARS products as it's a lighter colour. It feels sturdy and is easy to open unlike some packaging! At first I was a little taken aback by how small it was, but the shadows inside are actually fullsize, the same size as in the other Naked palettes.

My gripe with this product is that it's touted as being a matte palette... but the first shade, Venus, is not matte at all lol. UD describe it as 'demi matte' but I disagree... it's a satin finish. It's a very pretty highlight shade, but why is it in a 'matte' palette?!

The shades you get in here are Venus (satiny ivory), Foxy (yellowy beige), W.O.S/Walk Of Shame (light pink beige), Naked 2 (light taupe), Faint (medium cool brown) and Crave (very dark brown). The only shade I don't really get any use out of is Foxy, which is maybe a little unfair because I just don't like how it looks in the pan, too yellow for my tastes...

Anyways. My everyday eyeshadow consists of Venus on my brownbone and inner corner, W.O.S on my lid (very close to my skintone however!) and Faint in my crease. If I want a little more drama, I'll put a little Crave in my outer v. As always with UD, the shadows are a dream to apply, so buttery, smooth and pigmented. Definitely no gripes with the formula here.

As I said, definitely recommended for anyone who loves neutrals and wears them as much as I do! Beautiful formula and some versatile, pretty shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I love the Naked Basic Eye shadow because the colors are Matte and I love that about this palette . I love that it gives me a natural look . It goes on really smooth , feels light on my eyes and the colors are really pretty :) before I never used the color "Crave" on the palette because I don't really use black eye shadow on me but I love using it as an eyeliner because it gives me a nice smokey look but also a soft look if you blend it really well :) The colors really last long when you use a primer ,I don't know how long the color stays on your eyelid if you don't use a primer so that is something I will try because I'm running out of primer already . I love that its a travel size palette because I can fit it in my little everyday makeup bag that i keep in my handbag .... If was to run out of this palette I would buy it again because I'm in love with it and its only cost $27 at Sephora :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect neutral palette. I'm no shadow expert, but the formula is so blendable and the shades are so neutrally perfect that it gives me a perfect look with little effort. The shadows are luxurious, blendable and creamy. I really like the matte colors, as they are much better suited for my more professional office than the more shimmery colors found in the full Naked palettes. I use the W.O.S. as a base, Foxy on my lower eyelid, Naked 2 in the crease, and I mix Naked 2 and Faint for the outer corner, adding more Faint for more intense looks. I use Venus in the inner corner, and as a highlight. Crave is a fantastic liner, and Naked 2 and Faint double as a brow powder. The size of the palette is perfect if I need to take it on the go with me, since it covers me for shadow, liner, and brow powder. I like the slightly rubberized compact and full mirror as well.

The price is perfect, since you get 6 shades of UD eyeshadow for about $27-28. The only thing I don't like is that every so often the shadow tins will pop out of the palette, but otherwise I am extremely happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by laurenhager

I love the Urban Decay palettes. This one is great for travel. Great, rich colors that last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by margaretfarnham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love the size of this palette and the fact that it gives me all of my eye "stuff" in one package. Each of the three lighter neutral colors are very useful in different situations. I used wOs most days with naked 2 in the crease. I use crave on my waterline at night. Faint is both a good day liner and as a brow filler. The lightest color has a tiny bit of shimmer and is a great highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cadwell125

This is the perfect palette. I wear this everyday. The shades are beautiful, highly pigmented, very blendable, and last all day with no fading or creasing. The size is perfect to take on the go. Great value for $27!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been eyeing this palette for some time. I couldn't bring myself to drop $27 on it - just seems overpriced. I waited patiently and lo and behold, ULTA gave me a 20% off coupon to use towards it.

I am so glad I purchased this. It's small but perfect for travel. The shadows are what you come to expect from UD - creamy, highly pigmented, blendable, and long wearing. This palette is pretty versatile because the shades are so neutral. You can do both daytime & evening looks. My first look was a smokey eye using nothing but this palette. I got so many compliments - enough to erase any doubts I had about spending the money. This palette is also good to create a soft eye that's appropriate for work and other more conservative settings.

Overall, it's pricey but it's like any UD Naked palette - an investment. If you can get past the price tag, you won't be sorry.