September 1, 2014 | 1958 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Was looking for small, good price palette with light, nude and brown shades. This seemed good at first: 3 light, 3 darks shades for $28. However, even with eye shadow primer, they do not last long. I applied these at around 3pm and by 6pm it was all gone.
These colors are too matte for me, I dislike Venus and Crave shades. Plus, this palette stinks! I didn't notice at first but reading other reviews, I had to smell it - and it does have a weird smell. I will try Lorac Pro palette at Ulta - heard lots of good reviews about it. But this is going back to the store. Bye bye famous Naked palette!
P.S. I decided to give it another try but no.. I don't even see the colors on my eye lids!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by piercethesassy

This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow palette & I'm in love! The colors are smooth & blend well, & I love how they look in general. I'll definitely be buying this again if I run out (which I hope I don't soon). If you're considering this, get it!! It's an all around wonderful palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Rubystevo

reeeaaally like this pallete alot, it is very multi purpose and versatile, the matte eyeshadows have a really nice texture and are very easy to blend. The only annoying thing I found was it can get a little messy because they are so pigmented and they can sometimes transfer onto their neighbouring pans. Overall I like naked basics alot:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I never thought I'd love this palette as much as I do. I use it on a daily basis and for a multiple of reasons:

Venus: Inner corner highlight
Foxy & WOS: Browbown highlight/blending
Naked 2: Crease and/or brows
Faint: Brows (mixed with Naked 2)
Crave: Liner

For me, this is the perfect companion palette that is a must-have for travel and everyday use. I don't use it alone for an altogether eye look because I go a little more dramatic with my shadows, but I love how versitile it is. In a pinch, you could even use Venus as a cheekbone highlight, Foxy/WOS to set undereye concealer and Naked 2/Faint as a facial contour color.

I will definintely be hitting pan on a few shades soon and will repurchase immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite palette!! I'm definitely a fan of matte colors and I love all of them in this palette! My naked 2 and crave are just about gone! This is a must have for anyone who wears makeup. This palette is great for travel. I'm thinking about already repurchasing this palette or maybe just naked 2 as it's the best blending color I've ever used! If you're thinking about getting this palette I can tell you you won't be disappointed! HG palette for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

Perfect palette to travel with. The colors are beautiful and buttery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Color reference: I am Bourjois 51, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand (but less orange)

What I like about this palette: the size, which I find to be very convenient both for traveling and storage, the colors, which are matte, fairly pigmented and neutral - perfect for an every day no-make up look, the color diversity, because it starts with a highlight 'Venus' and ends with a true black 'Crave' (though I have too much blacks in my stash that I don't use; I'm more or a black gel eyeliner type) shade , the feel of the palette, which is luxurious (rubberized plastic)....

What I don't like about this palette is that 'Foxy' and 'WOS' are too similar on lid and not overly pigmented, both to make a nice all over lid base and to even out the color of your lid skin. I wish they were more different - I like 'WOS' more though I'm yellow undertoned - and obviously, more pigmented.

Though I don't get a lot of use of 'Foxy' or 'Crave', I find that the palette is worth the investment, since the allover pigmentation is more than decent, the palette is sturdy and all matte (except 'Venus'). It is my go to palette when I'm outta time and when I travel. I have too many metallic and shimmer palettes and this one is a nice change.
I have a second one, unopened, which tells you enough how much I like the palette overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beeebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this palette. The matte shadows are great for everyday use. Every makeup lover should def get their hands on this

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG day eyeshadow palette. I adore mattes, but they are normally patchy. These are perfectly blendable and buttery, it's very easy to create a nude look or a dramatic, matte smoky eye.

Venus is a slightly shimmery highlight colour. I know a lot of people question the presence of a "demi-matte" in a matte palette but I am thrilled they put this in there because matte highlighter shades are always awful in my opinion.

Foxy and WOS which are essentially warm and cool equivalents, so you can use one or the other to complement or contrast your overall undertone.

Naked 2, Faint and Crave are all neutral shades: Naked 2 is a pale brown, Faint is a rich brown and Crave is a very dark, essentially black, brown.

I use this daily for my work-suitable make up and also occasionally for nights out. I've never used better matte shadows. Fingers crossed UD make more matte palettes, maybe something with a little more colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome palette for a bold or light neutral look. The colors apply easy and blend wonderfully. Well worth the $27 price tag.