August 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I never thought I'd love this palette as much as I do. I use it on a daily basis and for a multiple of reasons:

Venus: Inner corner highlight
Foxy & WOS: Browbown highlight/blending
Naked 2: Crease and/or brows
Faint: Brows (mixed with Naked 2)
Crave: Liner

For me, this is the perfect companion palette that is a must-have for travel and everyday use. I don't use it alone for an altogether eye look because I go a little more dramatic with my shadows, but I love how versitile it is. In a pinch, you could even use Venus as a cheekbone highlight, Foxy/WOS to set undereye concealer and Naked 2/Faint as a facial contour color.

I will definintely be hitting pan on a few shades soon and will repurchase immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite palette!! I'm definitely a fan of matte colors and I love all of them in this palette! My naked 2 and crave are just about gone! This is a must have for anyone who wears makeup. This palette is great for travel. I'm thinking about already repurchasing this palette or maybe just naked 2 as it's the best blending color I've ever used! If you're thinking about getting this palette I can tell you you won't be disappointed! HG palette for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

Perfect palette to travel with. The colors are beautiful and buttery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Color reference: I am Bourjois 51, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand (but less orange)

What I like about this palette: the size, which I find to be very convenient both for traveling and storage, the colors, which are matte, fairly pigmented and neutral - perfect for an every day no-make up look, the color diversity, because it starts with a highlight 'Venus' and ends with a true black 'Crave' (though I have too much blacks in my stash that I don't use; I'm more or a black gel eyeliner type) shade , the feel of the palette, which is luxurious (rubberized plastic)....

What I don't like about this palette is that 'Foxy' and 'WOS' are too similar on lid and not overly pigmented, both to make a nice all over lid base and to even out the color of your lid skin. I wish they were more different - I like 'WOS' more though I'm yellow undertoned - and obviously, more pigmented.

Though I don't get a lot of use of 'Foxy' or 'Crave', I find that the palette is worth the investment, since the allover pigmentation is more than decent, the palette is sturdy and all matte (except 'Venus'). It is my go to palette when I'm outta time and when I travel. I have too many metallic and shimmer palettes and this one is a nice change.
I have a second one, unopened, which tells you enough how much I like the palette overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by beeebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this palette. The matte shadows are great for everyday use. Every makeup lover should def get their hands on this

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG day eyeshadow palette. I adore mattes, but they are normally patchy. These are perfectly blendable and buttery, it's very easy to create a nude look or a dramatic, matte smoky eye.

Venus is a slightly shimmery highlight colour. I know a lot of people question the presence of a "demi-matte" in a matte palette but I am thrilled they put this in there because matte highlighter shades are always awful in my opinion.

Foxy and WOS which are essentially warm and cool equivalents, so you can use one or the other to complement or contrast your overall undertone.

Naked 2, Faint and Crave are all neutral shades: Naked 2 is a pale brown, Faint is a rich brown and Crave is a very dark, essentially black, brown.

I use this daily for my work-suitable make up and also occasionally for nights out. I've never used better matte shadows. Fingers crossed UD make more matte palettes, maybe something with a little more colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome palette for a bold or light neutral look. The colors apply easy and blend wonderfully. Well worth the $27 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Lawlciara

Love this palette to death! The colours are gorgeous! Blendable, packaging is amazing love the feel if it and a nice weight. Convenient for carrying around In your bag. Price is very good for the 6 gorgeous colours you get. GET THIS BEFORE ANY OTHER PALETTE!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

For the most part, I adore this palette. It's a must-have if you're a fan of neutrals!

I believe that the price has actually gone up since it was released, at least here in the UK... I may be imagining this though... I swear I paid 18 with a 10% discount (2 off 20) but now it seems to be retailing at 22 everywhere here? Anyone else noticed this? I think the price is fair value for what you get.

First off, the packaging. I really love the packaging of this one actually. The material is similar to what NARS use, but it never looks as dirty as NARS products as it's a lighter colour. It feels sturdy and is easy to open unlike some packaging! At first I was a little taken aback by how small it was, but the shadows inside are actually fullsize, the same size as in the other Naked palettes.

My gripe with this product is that it's touted as being a matte palette... but the first shade, Venus, is not matte at all lol. UD describe it as 'demi matte' but I disagree... it's a satin finish. It's a very pretty highlight shade, but why is it in a 'matte' palette?!

The shades you get in here are Venus (satiny ivory), Foxy (yellowy beige), W.O.S/Walk Of Shame (light pink beige), Naked 2 (light taupe), Faint (medium cool brown) and Crave (very dark brown). The only shade I don't really get any use out of is Foxy, which is maybe a little unfair because I just don't like how it looks in the pan, too yellow for my tastes...

Anyways. My everyday eyeshadow consists of Venus on my brownbone and inner corner, W.O.S on my lid (very close to my skintone however!) and Faint in my crease. If I want a little more drama, I'll put a little Crave in my outer v. As always with UD, the shadows are a dream to apply, so buttery, smooth and pigmented. Definitely no gripes with the formula here.

As I said, definitely recommended for anyone who loves neutrals and wears them as much as I do! Beautiful formula and some versatile, pretty shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I love the Naked Basic Eye shadow because the colors are Matte and I love that about this palette . I love that it gives me a natural look . It goes on really smooth , feels light on my eyes and the colors are really pretty :) before I never used the color "Crave" on the palette because I don't really use black eye shadow on me but I love using it as an eyeliner because it gives me a nice smokey look but also a soft look if you blend it really well :) The colors really last long when you use a primer ,I don't know how long the color stays on your eyelid if you don't use a primer so that is something I will try because I'm running out of primer already . I love that its a travel size palette because I can fit it in my little everyday makeup bag that i keep in my handbag .... If was to run out of this palette I would buy it again because I'm in love with it and its only cost $27 at Sephora :)