October 20, 2014 | 1929 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is literally the best palette I own (out of about 4 or 5). First let's start with the packaging: all black, matte-material and a magnetic closure. Not crazy about the material as it does get really dirty very easily (compare to NARS packaging, if you own NARS products you'll understand). But on to the product, the shadows are AMAZING. You get 16 shades (8 matte shadows, 8 shimmer shadows). The formulation of the shadows is so smooth and silky on the eyelids, not to mention super pigmented. I don't really experience any fallout issues personally, so this is great for me. The shadows are such a good color range(from light matte and shimmery highlights to great neutral browns for crease to darker intense shimmers). Overall, great palette and I would so repurchase but it'll take me forever to use it up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually compelled to write a review unless I think something hasn't gotten a lot of coverage or I feel strongly one way or another. This.....it just frustrates me.

It was after many months and reading TONS of positive reviews that I finally purchased this palette in hopes of finding one that could be my go-to travel set, instead of a half-dozen quads. I was doubly excited because my Ulta had the only one in town, and they were sold out everywhere else.

In theory, the concept of this palette is fantastic: A whole range of colors in various intensities, with both matte and shimmer options. How can you go wrong with the color choices? You can't, I think they cover all the bases for what one would need for an all-in one palette, and they appear to be dupes of many of my favorite high-end shadows. The Gold, Pewter, and Slate shades are absolute stunners!

However, either I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to shadow application or I'm just picky (or both), but I just can't make this work for me. It's not the colors or the matte vs. shimmer, it's the unfreakingbelievably crappy fallout, and weird adhesion to my lids that is making me put it back in my makeup bag and reach for something else.

Some specifics:
-The lighter matte shades go on buttery smooth and have great coverage, but even on my light (NC-25-ish) skin they look chalky.

-The darker matte shades have TONS of fallout, and I have a real problem blending them. If I tap the brush to get rid of excess shadow, there isn't much left, and I can't get a decent intensity.

-In addition to the fallout, mostly from the medium-dark matte shades, once the stuff attaches to your skin (under the eyes, of course), it is practically impossible to get off without a makeup remover, so I'd have to do my eyes first, which I usually do anyway, but I can't even blend this stuff off with fdn or a brush, I have to actually use remover. The same goes for when I apply these shades to the crease - they apply rather unevenly, and once on, just cannot be blended or cleaned up without a lot of effort or remover.

I've played with all sorts of combinations, ALWAYS use the NARS primer, use very high quality brushes, and the same general techniques as for the likes of Tom Ford and CdP (my staples), and every time I try this LORAC palette it looks "muddy", and that it STILL needs blending and cleaning up, and I just don't have that kind of time.

I don't want to have to WORK to make my makeup work.....

I'm going to skip a review of the packaging (typical LORAC short-sightedness) since it's been covered before, and it isn't half as important to me as the actual product and product delivery.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this pallete as a gift for my birthday after hearing so much about it on YouTube.
I have to say it does live up to it's reputation. The shawdows are some of the most buttery on the market. I own the UD Nakes palletes 1 and 2 and a few MAC shawdows, and I must say this one is way more buttery than the UD shadows.

The colour selection and colour payoff is wonderful like all the other reviews have mentioned before me.

However, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't like the packaging. The main reason is due to fallout. The shadows are buttery, but they do tend to fall out a bit. I like to do my make up in bed, and I started to notice my sheets were stained with black shadow. I realised that the black shadow had somehow trasnferred from the cardboard pallete onto my sheets and pretty much anything I put it on top of. These days, I set it on top of a magazine or dark towel so it won't stain anything.

I think the pallete should be in a better quality cardboard, for example UD, or even better a better casing like the UD Naked 2. It reduces the mess from the fall out. I would love to take this pallete with me on holidays but I don't think I will because I don't want the shadows to crumble in my bag and get shadows everywhere.

Other than the packaging, I love the pallete, colour and quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I made this purchase! The only other palette I own is Naked Basics, which I am very happy with. But I wanted some more options. After much research -- this was the palette to buy. I love all the colors. I'm still experimenting with color combos but I love using Mauve and Taupe in the crease. I love Champagne for all over the lid and especially Light Bronze. Black has been my go to eyeliner lately. I love Gold and Garnet but I'm still trying to figure out how to make those colors work for me -- they pull a little warm. Slate is BEAUTIFUL smudged over some black liner for a quick, smokey eye. I keep looking up different looks on youtube --- there are endless options with this palette. Definitely worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the first palette I ever bought, and it is amaze-balls! If I HAD to choose only one palette to keep forever - this is the one.

The colors are SO buttery, it's ridiculous. I live that there are as many matte as shimmery shadows, and the selection of colors really is beautiful.

I love this so much, and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this palette. Beautiful colors and great pigmentation. Just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. Perfect for everyday AND nights out. I can do so many different looks with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I've only tried the Stila Trio, Urban Decay Naked 1, Mac, before this, looking for an eye shadow that I will actually like.
- Stila is too overwheming with the shimmers, but did blend really well
- Urban Decay's was too pigmented and the shimmers were metallic. lasted a long time though
- Mac's color payoff was just right. not too strong and overwhelming and not too "nothing". lasting power was pretty impressive too. The texture wasn't as smooth as I'd like it to be and the base colors like the rice paper made my eyes look really bad. like wrinkly and bad (I'm in early 20s)

The Lorac pro has a very nice texture to it, buttery smooth and soft. The color pay off was great too. unlike the UD, the color it gives actually look like the color on the pan.
The packaging is lovely and chic.
Price is very reasonable for what you get

and "cons" are..
1. I've tried all the primers I have - UD, NArs, Too faced, and Lorac but non of them kept it from fading.
2. It looks like there's so many colors to choose from and use, but there really isn't when you try to use it. Its either highlight or crease. nothing natural and sheer to use as a base color especially for Asian eyes

I don't think I'm going to purchase this when I run out, but I will continue to use it. I don't hate it, but the color fading and it being not versatile for Asian eyes is a big deal breaker for me.
The colors also kind of look like middle/high school colors.. not high end professional

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Such a great palette. The colors are gorgeous and there are so many variety of looks this palette can create. Ever since I got this palette, my Naked palette has been chillen' in the back of the drawers. Every single day when I go to do my eye makeup, it's a struggle. I just sit there and stare at this palette because there is such an endless amount of looks I could wear whether it's matte, shimmery, smokey, natural, "I-don't-want-to-look-like-im-trying-to-hard" or "I-want-to-go-all-out", you name it. The shadows can have quite a bit of fallout especially if you're picking up the color with a fluffy crease brush but it's nothing too crazy. I would recommend this palette over the Naked palettes any day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have never previously owned any of Lorac's products simply because they are near impossible to come by here in the UK, however, by some miracle I was given this wonderful palette as a gift and so now am able to do a review!
This is a very sleek, sophisticated little palette and I think what sets it apart from most other palettes that I own or have come across is that this palette offers a bigger selection of mattes as well as shimmers, which I think definitely makes all the difference. I'm sure many of you already know the shades, but I'll run through them anyway, the eight mattes are:
. White- Pretty self explanatory, its a matte white although I do see a little bit of shimmer, although that could be fall out from the colour below
. Cream- This is a matte peachy cream colour, similar to my all time favourite W.O.S from Urban Decay, perfect to go all over the lid to open the eye up a bit
. Taupe- This shade is a medium warm brown, really blendable making it a good crease colour
. Lt Pink- I'm not a lover of pinks, but this is a pale pink that's quite a cool, sheer pink but when paired with the browns it can be warmed up a bit if used all over the lid
. Mauve- This is a nice plum kind of colour, not too deep though, it reminds me of 'Nooner' from UD
. Sable- A deeper, warmer brown than taupe as we move down to the darker spectrum of the palette, a good outer v colour when doing a smoky look
. Espresso- This is pretty much the exact colour of espresso coffee, a deep, dark matte brown again perfect for intensifying the crease or outer v if doing a smoky look
. Black- I wouldn't actually say this is a true black, I definitely own more pigmented or 'blacker' shades of black if you will, it comes off a little grey but its still perfectly wearable and usable especially if you prefer your blacks to be a little less intense

Moving onto the shimmers:
. Nude- A pearly pink silvery shade, perfect for highlighting the brow bone or even for use on the face, it reminds me of a powdered version of Benefit's 'High Beam'
. Champagne- Once again pretty self explanatory, a champagne shade that is good for highlighting or using all over the lid, very shimmery and pretty
. Gold- This is actually quite an intense gold, it comes off a little bronzy when swatched, very warm toned and haven't got a lot of use out of it yet
. Lt Bronze- A very pale, shimmery bronze/taupe shade with a little tiny bit of a pink undertone, a very pretty understated sort of shade
. Pewter- Another bronzy shade, a little bit like 'Smog' and 'Darkhorse' from the Naked palette, only a little more brown I would say
. Garnet- A truly beautiful rust colour, a very warm tone with copper and red undertones, truly gorgeous
. Deep Purple- Yet another straightforward colour, a very deep violet shade I would say with the same sort of copper shade as garnet but its in the glitter if that makes any sense at all
. Slate- This is very similar to 'Gunmetal' from UD its a grey/silver shade, though definitely not a bright metallic silver, with a slightly cool, blue tone through it

Overall you've got a wonderful wide selection to choose from and work with, but I would say my most used and most favourite shade would have to be Garnet. I think it is a simply stunning shade and I have nothing else in my collection that I could compare it with, its quite a unique one for me although I'm sure there will be a dupe out there somewhere. I love the way it looks with or without a base, and it works well with purple and browns. I like to use it with UD 24/7 glide on pencil in 'Rockstar' with a bit of 'Deep Purple' in the crease plus a little black just to intensify and deepen the outer v.
My least used shade would have to be either the 'White' or 'Gold'. White is simply because I don't much like matte white on my brow bone, I'd only ever really use it on my inner tear duct but generally I would reach for my NYX jumbo pencil in 'Milk' for that. Gold just personally doesn't do much for my skin tone, though it can be incorporated for a fun summer look, but we are a while away from that season yet!
To finish off my review of this palette, I'd say it is perfect for those who maybe are first timers in the world of eye shadows as you pretty much have every shade you would need, from a neutral day time to a dark smoky for night time. Its obviously one of the best neutrals palettes if you love neutrals as much as I do. Would definitely recommend and buy again, even if only for the Garnet shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by LexiKaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the LORAC Pro Palette. It's my go to palette for everyday eye shadows, because it has both shimmer and matte colors. I reach for it more than my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and even though it has a hard case my black broke while I was traveling and it got over all my makeup...I can take this one and it doesn't brake and it doesn't even have a hard case that snaps shut..plus the urban decay naked 2 palette has I think too many same neutral colors that I have to reach for more than that palette and with the pro palette I can do so many looks with that one palette that I am definitely getting my moneys worth for this palette.