November 20, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

one of my favourite brown eyeshadow, however i am not using it every day as it is a bit too heavy for me but for going out it is amazing combined with pigments:DD definately repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Saddle has become one of my staples. Very versatile. Everyday use, I use paradisco all over the lid, soft brown on top of paradisco, saddle in the crease, then charcoal brown or coquette in the inner v. Very pretty for everyday. This can be used as a blending color for smokey eyes. Best paired with purples. I use it above the crease for the gradual fade. Personally I prefer this over soft brown for that effect since soft brown is more skin tone. Yay to saddle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a basic neutral medium brown. It is boring looking in the pot, but this is one of the top three shadows I reach for the most. I wear this when I want a daytime look or when I wear a more colorful lip. I use Shroom as a base, then Saddle in the crease, outer v and lower lashline. Will keep on buying this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I wear this eyeshadow almost everyday. It is the perfect crease color for my NC45 complexion. Even when I want a darker crease I start with this and then deepen the outer corners of my eyes with a darker shadow like Carbon, Embark or Espresso. Saddle is the perfect bridge to blend any color into my skin. Most of the other brownish shades that I've tried have been too red, but this is more of a yellow based brown. It's not an exciting looking shadow in the pan, but it is worth a try.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LUV this matte shadow! It's got a natural red/brown tone to it and looks great as a crease color for my ultra pale skintone. It builds and blends well, has great staying/wear power and enhances my eye color very well. Yet to be disappointed with any MAC matte shadow. ;-) Thumbs up on this shadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great natural shade for the crease. I like using this in my crease and then layering a darker shade in the corner. It's a nice warm brown that looks nice layered with a variety of colors. This is one of my everyday staples!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by clamster

LOVE this. The Perfect brown. It looks so plain and boring at first, but now i think it's the perfect natural shade for the crease, layer it over or under other shadows to add depth and to create a deeper but natural looking crease. Great for day time add an extra layer for night, also works great to fill in my brows because its matte. Also with a tiny brush sometimes I put this under my cheekbones to create a shadowed effect and then put my regular blush or whatever over it. It's also good for lining the eyes because it isn't to dark but just dark enough for day. Definatly repurchase. This color is universally flattering even though it looks so boring. **If you want a natural look just put this in the crease and outter corner of the eye and then apply a light shimmery shadow all over the lid.
UPDATE: If I could marry and e/s it would be this one. I use this almost everytime I wear eye makeup. Always goes on my crease. I have pretty deep creases for an asian but this is just perfect and makes my crease look deeper and this is SUPER blendable. Also perfect for the pin-up look, put vanilla pigment all over your lid+brow, this in the crease and some black liner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't wear most browns, some are too warm, red or orange, end up looking bruised or swollen. Saddle is an interesting color which I never thought of using. I am a MMM, NC30, Stila D and GA #6. I first put on a neutral wash of color like MAC naked lunch, gleam, you get the idea. Then I sweep saddle on my lower lids, from inside to outside. Perfect!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Ick. One more mediocre Mac eyeshadow. When will I learn that their e/s lack pigment and have a chalky texture? Their veluxe pearl is the only formula that is 1/2 way decent--too bad 'cuz their colors rock. I have many more d/s shadows that are of superior quality, therefore I will not buy this again and doubt I'll even use this one up! ****EDIT****

As often happens, I find it difficult to write a truly objective review. I've discovered recently that I actually really like Saddle--in fact, it's become an everyday basic shade for me, I use it all the time. The trick IMO is to use it blended over a very soft, shimmery shade (like Stila)--it isn't so chalky this way and blends out with a nice subtlety. Also, using a different brush (fluffier) made a big difference. It still isn't the best e/s in the world but its worth working with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

NC45 African American with red and green undertones. Saddle is my absolute HG. My favorite professional combination is Naked Lunch on browbone, Soft Brown as a wash, and Saddle in the crease. It is the perfect combination. MACs mattes are the best, and Saddle is no distinction. For most of my MAC addiction, MAs have been recommending colors that have the wrong undertone - Cork, Soba, Era, Patina, are all beautiful colors, but have more of a grayish undertone that don't compliment my skin and undertone, while they may be HGs for others. Not to sound vain, but when I apply colors like Saddle, I love how I look (lol). Saddle is beyond HG, I will buy it again, and again, and again.