April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by clamster

LOVE this. The Perfect brown. It looks so plain and boring at first, but now i think it's the perfect natural shade for the crease, layer it over or under other shadows to add depth and to create a deeper but natural looking crease. Great for day time add an extra layer for night, also works great to fill in my brows because its matte. Also with a tiny brush sometimes I put this under my cheekbones to create a shadowed effect and then put my regular blush or whatever over it. It's also good for lining the eyes because it isn't to dark but just dark enough for day. Definatly repurchase. This color is universally flattering even though it looks so boring. **If you want a natural look just put this in the crease and outter corner of the eye and then apply a light shimmery shadow all over the lid.
UPDATE: If I could marry and e/s it would be this one. I use this almost everytime I wear eye makeup. Always goes on my crease. I have pretty deep creases for an asian but this is just perfect and makes my crease look deeper and this is SUPER blendable. Also perfect for the pin-up look, put vanilla pigment all over your lid+brow, this in the crease and some black liner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't wear most browns, some are too warm, red or orange, end up looking bruised or swollen. Saddle is an interesting color which I never thought of using. I am a MMM, NC30, Stila D and GA #6. I first put on a neutral wash of color like MAC naked lunch, gleam, you get the idea. Then I sweep saddle on my lower lids, from inside to outside. Perfect!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Ick. One more mediocre Mac eyeshadow. When will I learn that their e/s lack pigment and have a chalky texture? Their veluxe pearl is the only formula that is 1/2 way decent--too bad 'cuz their colors rock. I have many more d/s shadows that are of superior quality, therefore I will not buy this again and doubt I'll even use this one up! ****EDIT****

As often happens, I find it difficult to write a truly objective review. I've discovered recently that I actually really like Saddle--in fact, it's become an everyday basic shade for me, I use it all the time. The trick IMO is to use it blended over a very soft, shimmery shade (like Stila)--it isn't so chalky this way and blends out with a nice subtlety. Also, using a different brush (fluffier) made a big difference. It still isn't the best e/s in the world but its worth working with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

NC45 African American with red and green undertones. Saddle is my absolute HG. My favorite professional combination is Naked Lunch on browbone, Soft Brown as a wash, and Saddle in the crease. It is the perfect combination. MACs mattes are the best, and Saddle is no distinction. For most of my MAC addiction, MAs have been recommending colors that have the wrong undertone - Cork, Soba, Era, Patina, are all beautiful colors, but have more of a grayish undertone that don't compliment my skin and undertone, while they may be HGs for others. Not to sound vain, but when I apply colors like Saddle, I love how I look (lol). Saddle is beyond HG, I will buy it again, and again, and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Saddle is one of my favorite, go to crease shades. I find the color to be a good mix of orange, brown, tan and peach. A great neutral shade that I can wear with alot of versatility and different lid shades. It also offers a great wash of color that just gives me a polished look for a simple and easy 5 minute eye. The depth of color is the same as MAC Cork but this one is definately more wearable for a GGG/DDD like myself becuase of the undertones. Saddle is more of a warm orange/brown while Cork is cooler toned and has a greyness about it. I wear this alot in the crease with Texture on the lid and Arena to highlight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shadow on my dark brown eyes and nc42-44/c6 skin. The MA combined this in the crease with gleam packed on to the lid and a lot of black eyeliner and I loved the end result (if only I could subtract some of the black eyeliner). This would make a great everyday look, also, but I actually had it on at night and it still stood out. I highly recommend this to similar complexions. Although it looks boring in the pan, it looks amazing on and the texture is fabulous also.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by melikemochi

A matte version of texture. Very smooth texture! They looked so similar in terms of a brownish taupe with a orangish undertone! Very flatting on my C4 skin. Different from the plain regular neutrals because the orangish undertone gives it an extra kick. Would go well with antiqued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2005 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saddle is a nice, somewhat neutral shade that I can wear when I don't have a lot of time to devote to detailed eyeshadow application. It's a great wash of color that just gives me a polished look. Someone mentioned that this one is similar to Cork, which is very true. The color depth is the same, although the undertones make them different. This one has more of a slight orange undertone to it, whereas Cork had more of a greyness to it and was not quite as wearable (on me anyway). All I have to do is add a nice soft browbone highlighter (Arena is my favorite one right now), and I'm out the door minutes later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by spollie

Saddle is one of my favorites to wear in the crease, with pollen or nylon on the lids lined with bountiful brown. Very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok - i must redeem this color. it is *perfect* for brown-eyed girls when paired with Shroom (and even Paradisco). I use this color ONLY for creasing with a pointed brush on the inside (apply to the creases with your eyes open) and it is LOVELY. i do not think that it is boring at all! it is easy to apply and I am soooo happy that I bought (even though at first I was skeptical) I use Saddle to make my lighter shades darker for night or just with a shimmery shade for a fresh angelic look during the day. and this is one of my HG eyeshadows and I will never get tired of using this shade!