L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

3.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 4% • TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.6% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER • ISONONYL ISONONANOATE • ISOHEXADECANE • GLYCERIN • ALCOHOL DENAT. • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • CETYL PALMITATE • NYLON-12 • CYCLOHEXASILOXANE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CARPRYLYL GLYCOL • LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE • ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE • DISODIUM EDTA • LINALOOL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • LIMONENE • NIACINAMIDE • TRIETHANOLAMINE • CAFFEINE • TOCOPHERYL ACETATE • ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE • OXOTHIAZOLIDINECARBOXYLIC ACID • BENZYL ALCOHOL • GERANIOL • CELLULOSE ACETATE BUTYRATE • POLYPHOSPHORYLCHOLINE GLYCOL ACRYLATE •CITRAL • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYDIMETHYL TAURATE • CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT • POLYVINYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM CHLORIDE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM HYALURONATE • FRAGRANCE MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES • BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this bb cream, I like my 2 faced one, more, but u i do like this for a drugstore one. I have tried several now like 3 or 4. I would use this one before any of the other ds ones. this is one that Is an in betweeny for me... its good, but i would not call it amazing yet.

on 11/1/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my second try at a BB cream, and I like this one better than the Maybelline one I tried. It doesn't provide the coverage of a foundation but its not supposed to. What it does do is hydrate and add a hint of tint. This smells really good and is a pleasure to use. I wouldn't repurchase, though, because I prefer more coverage.

on 10/28/2012 1:56:00 AM

I liked the Youth Code BB cream more than any other drugstore BB cream. The Youth Code L'Oreal version is MUCH better than the regular L'Oreal BB cream. The texture and coverage of the YC BB cream is very similar to the Dr. Jart I have, and a much lower price point. I found that both had just about the same staying power.

I have recently purchased several BB creams from Korea and the Youth Code BB cream is a decent drugstore option.

It is MUCH better than the Garnier BB cream. The Garnier results in a very shiny appearance and did not last as long as the YC BB cream.

on 10/27/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

DUH. Garnier is OWNED by L'oreal. I should have remembered before I put this crap on my face. I knew there was something so similiar, like I've smelled this cream before...yeah that was the first time, when it was called Garnier skin renew miracle perfecter BB cream. That stuff was so overly fragranced and broke me out...this Loreal stuff is IDENTICAL but different packaging. The medium is ORANGE. Gross. Never ever again! Remember Garnier = L'oreal and vice versa!

on 10/25/2012 7:37:00 PM

This cream is way to heavy on the perfume, it also oxidizes & gets too dark on my skin about two hours into wearing it. I'l have to use it up, I'm not willing to throw $14 in the trash, but I won't be buying this again & I left a bad review on their site.

on 10/24/2012 10:51:00 AM

This stuff is gross. It smells like an old lady & the scent stays pretty much until you wash it off. It sat on top of my skin and oxidized fairly quickly, and although it didn't go orange, it turned this weird gray-ish color that made me look like half a zombie. Also, about a half hour after I put this on, my face looked like I was the loser of a cage match with an oil slick. Never again.

on 10/23/2012 3:07:00 PM

Out of the 3 BB creams I have now tried I would say that I like this one the best. It has light coverage so when I have a blemish I just use concealer. I like it a lot better than the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream because it is not as runny and looks better on my skin. It blends well and makes my skin smooth. I have also tried the Clinique BB Cream and I would say that the Loreal Youth Code BB Cream is almost the same texture and quality. I like the Loreal better because it is cheaper, it is slightly less pasty, has a pleasant scent, and has made my skin smoother.

on 10/16/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, let's start at the beginning. I recently stopped wearing foundations because 1) I have extremely acne-prone skin that gets broken out when I leave foundation on for more than a few hours 2) It is SO hard to find a shade of (drugstore) foundation ... if it is too light, I look HORRIBLE...if its is too dark, I look ORANGE ... 3) It is too much work for everyday and 4) Now I am all about the health of my skin and making it more beautiful naturally.

So, I was thinking of what could I use for my face that isn't so heavy and is good for my skin... immediately I thought of BB creams. After perusing around a little, I randomly picked up this one at Walmart.

So... the bottle is nice and convenient. The consistency feels really nice, not too liquid-y, not too thick, easy to spread on my face. It has a light tint, I like that it is not full coverage because that means it is less work to put on, but it still has a tiny bit of coverage.

Now...about the glowy part. If you put on the cream and leave it like that, (at least for me) it makes you shiny. BUT... if you set it with a powder, you really do glow !

So, I give it 4 stars because honestly, the stuff isn't magic in a bottle. It doesn't cover my acne scars, but then again it doesn't claim to cover anything. so I would recommend this for daytime wear and for people who are going for a low-maintenence look as opposed to a full-on made up, nighttime look.

on 10/15/2012 9:54:00 PM

I found this in the bargain bin at my local grocery store for $7.50, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. First, let me say that I can't stand any kind of heavy foundation so I use powders or TMs exclusively, and I'm also a cheap-skate. I tried Garnier's BB cream when it came out last year and returned it - feeling like I want to wash my face all day is not the effect I'm looking for in my TM. This stuff feels marginally better, but not much. I also couldn't keep the Garnier because the "light-medium" was too dark and orange. This product got the color much closer for me, and I've found that mixing it with my moisturizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin) makes the texture bearable. But, it is extending the life of my moisturizer and giving my powder or powder foundation something to cling to. And, since it was on clearance, it will be a hassle to return. So I'll use it up, but I wouldn't repurchse.

on 10/13/2012 7:33:00 PM

I got a sample of this at the drugstore earlier, I tried it today and hated it. It took a lot to build it up but I have to say it applied a lot better with a foundation brush, but the smell.....YUCK!! The scent is way too strong and it hangs on for a long time. The worst part of the cream was that it oxidized after a few minutes and that is my biggest pet peeve about any foundation/face product!! I'm glad I got the sample because I wouldn't purchase this.