July 31, 2014 | 2167 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice tm with a strong fragrance, andi I agree this is really not a Bb cream. It looked and felt good in terms of texture and glow, but I found the light sample too light and the medium too dark. I am not buying 2 bottles of this to get the right shade for me. I will stick with the Olay 7 cream with foundation added, because of the antiaging benefits and better shade match for me. The Olay has a light but pleasant texture. The Loreal has a richer creamier fee, which thought
I found this to be the bast part of the product, it might be too rich for daily use for my acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by rowlette

I've tried a few BB creams. The first one I gave a shot was garnier. I didn't hate it, but the color was a bit too warm for me (I have alot of redness on my cheeks and around my nose). Next, I decided to try a higher end BB and went with Stilla. I loved it but the price (around $40) is more than I'm willing to spend on a regular basis. The Loreal Youth Code BB is my most recent purchase. To my surprise, I prefer it to both the Garnier and the Stilla ones that I have tried. The color is great (more yellow undertones than garnier), it covers all of my redness and I find that I dont need any concealer on a daily basis. The staying power is phenomenal (I set it with Tarte's Amazonian clay powder). And as a bonus, it makes for a great eyeshadow base. Overall, for $15.00, this is one of the best beauty buys i have ever seen!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lukewarmluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this BB cream at all. Going on, it initially looked and felt good- very creamy and smooth. BUT then the color changed and turned into this grayish mess. I dusted some mineral powder in my shade on over it (I was planning on powdering anyway) and it helped a little tiny bit. I didnt have time to wash and put something else on. So I went to work and at lunch the cream was sliding off of my face and I looked dead.
I tried it a week later just to wear it at home. I didn't put on powder, though. It was a mess a few hours later and the color is just awful.
I got the light because I'm fair.
I don't recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by redhead1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this in Light. It was a couple of shades too dark and also too warm for my pale skin with a pink undertone. I didn't see any illumination, nor did I care for the scent.

However, as an eyelid primer this stuff is AMAZING! I always put foundation and powder on my lids, both to even out skintone and to act as a barrier against my very oily skin. On the day I tried this cream I forgot to use my eyelid primer. At the twelve hour mark my eyeshadow had not budged one iota! I can't remember the last time that happened.

It is, in my opinion, too expensive to purchase so I hope to swap for a tube in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

For those "no make-up" days, I like this product. It goes on easily, with a nice tint (light shade) and good coverage. I add a translucent sweep of powder and it lasts most of the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Was going to try this but not if it has bismuth in it! Its a sure ingredient to cause huge breakouts in an instant.

Using Aveeno's BB cream and loving it....Its THE BEST, esp for fair gals of NC 15 color range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I've tried one other BB creme product (Garnier's version) and this one rocks by comparison. First thing I didn't like about the Garnier was that there was no light, it only starts with light-medium??? I know, very odd, however, I was thrilled to find this one in light which is more appropriate for my skin tone. The YC is also not as greasy and I don't have to powder up every few hours. The creme does exactly as it promises, "skin looks lit from within" and has a new clarity and brightens. I never saw either of these effects with the Garnier, it just made my skin oily and too ruddy (probably due to the wrong color for my skin). This has a beautiful, matte finish and my makeup just slides over it. I absolutely love this stuff and would gladly buy it again!!!

Update. Very surprised at the relatively neg. reviews for this. Try Garnier and Maybelline's versions and you would go back to this one in a heart beat. Still LOVE IT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was pretty pricey for it doing absolutely nothing. I had no problem with the shade, I just had a problem with it looking like I put clear lotion on my face. No noticeable difference at all. I returned it, definitely not worth the money. Pleasant fragrance and texture, but zero coverage or color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another 'drugstore BB cream' disappointment to add to my list. First the fair shade is to dark & orange, second the fragrance is potent and made my eyes water, and finally this contains alcohol, which is a horrible and damaging ingredient for skin. Immediately returned it as it was almost $20 Canadian, which I personally think is a lot for a drug store item.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 4%, Titanium Dioxide 3.6%, Other: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquisterate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glyocl, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearte, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Niacinamide, Triethanolamine, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic Acid, Benzyl Alcool, Ceraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloydiemethyl Taurate, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance; May Contain Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gave me outbreak on my cheek, forehead, and chin the very first time I used it! Three of them! Took over a week to heal. I never have outbreaks, I didn't have skin problems even when going through teenage hormonal changes. My skin is dry to normal, more on the olive side, and luck of healthy pink undertones is the only problem I am attempting to address when looking for light coverage. This certainly gives the healthy tint to my skin. But it brings horrid outbreaks along with the optimized color of the skin. Maybelline Dream Fresh works immaculately on me