December 20, 2014 | 1551 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

This cream is way to heavy on the perfume, it also oxidizes & gets too dark on my skin about two hours into wearing it. I'l have to use it up, I'm not willing to throw $14 in the trash, but I won't be buying this again & I left a bad review on their site.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by RickyBobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is gross. It smells like an old lady & the scent stays pretty much until you wash it off. It sat on top of my skin and oxidized fairly quickly, and although it didn't go orange, it turned this weird gray-ish color that made me look like half a zombie. Also, about a half hour after I put this on, my face looked like I was the loser of a cage match with an oil slick. Never again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mpp08

Out of the 3 BB creams I have now tried I would say that I like this one the best. It has light coverage so when I have a blemish I just use concealer. I like it a lot better than the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream because it is not as runny and looks better on my skin. It blends well and makes my skin smooth. I have also tried the Clinique BB Cream and I would say that the Loreal Youth Code BB Cream is almost the same texture and quality. I like the Loreal better because it is cheaper, it is slightly less pasty, has a pleasant scent, and has made my skin smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

Ok, let's start at the beginning. I recently stopped wearing foundations because 1) I have extremely acne-prone skin that gets broken out when I leave foundation on for more than a few hours 2) It is SO hard to find a shade of (drugstore) foundation ... if it is too light, I look HORRIBLE...if its is too dark, I look ORANGE ... 3) It is too much work for everyday and 4) Now I am all about the health of my skin and making it more beautiful naturally.

So, I was thinking of what could I use for my face that isn't so heavy and is good for my skin... immediately I thought of BB creams. After perusing around a little, I randomly picked up this one at Walmart.

So... the bottle is nice and convenient. The consistency feels really nice, not too liquid-y, not too thick, easy to spread on my face. It has a light tint, I like that it is not full coverage because that means it is less work to put on, but it still has a tiny bit of coverage.

Now...about the glowy part. If you put on the cream and leave it like that, (at least for me) it makes you shiny. BUT... if you set it with a powder, you really do glow !

So, I give it 4 stars because honestly, the stuff isn't magic in a bottle. It doesn't cover my acne scars, but then again it doesn't claim to cover anything. so I would recommend this for daytime wear and for people who are going for a low-maintenence look as opposed to a full-on made up, nighttime look.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this in the bargain bin at my local grocery store for $7.50, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. First, let me say that I can't stand any kind of heavy foundation so I use powders or TMs exclusively, and I'm also a cheap-skate. I tried Garnier's BB cream when it came out last year and returned it - feeling like I want to wash my face all day is not the effect I'm looking for in my TM. This stuff feels marginally better, but not much. I also couldn't keep the Garnier because the "light-medium" was too dark and orange. This product got the color much closer for me, and I've found that mixing it with my moisturizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin) makes the texture bearable. But, it is extending the life of my moisturizer and giving my powder or powder foundation something to cling to. And, since it was on clearance, it will be a hassle to return. So I'll use it up, but I wouldn't repurchse.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by TraceyF1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this at the drugstore earlier, I tried it today and hated it. It took a lot to build it up but I have to say it applied a lot better with a foundation brush, but the smell.....YUCK!! The scent is way too strong and it hangs on for a long time. The worst part of the cream was that it oxidized after a few minutes and that is my biggest pet peeve about any foundation/face product!! I'm glad I got the sample because I wouldn't purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice tm with a strong fragrance, andi I agree this is really not a Bb cream. It looked and felt good in terms of texture and glow, but I found the light sample too light and the medium too dark. I am not buying 2 bottles of this to get the right shade for me. I will stick with the Olay 7 cream with foundation added, because of the antiaging benefits and better shade match for me. The Olay has a light but pleasant texture. The Loreal has a richer creamier fee, which thought
I found this to be the bast part of the product, it might be too rich for daily use for my acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by rowlette

I've tried a few BB creams. The first one I gave a shot was garnier. I didn't hate it, but the color was a bit too warm for me (I have alot of redness on my cheeks and around my nose). Next, I decided to try a higher end BB and went with Stilla. I loved it but the price (around $40) is more than I'm willing to spend on a regular basis. The Loreal Youth Code BB is my most recent purchase. To my surprise, I prefer it to both the Garnier and the Stilla ones that I have tried. The color is great (more yellow undertones than garnier), it covers all of my redness and I find that I dont need any concealer on a daily basis. The staying power is phenomenal (I set it with Tarte's Amazonian clay powder). And as a bonus, it makes for a great eyeshadow base. Overall, for $15.00, this is one of the best beauty buys i have ever seen!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Lukewarmluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this BB cream at all. Going on, it initially looked and felt good- very creamy and smooth. BUT then the color changed and turned into this grayish mess. I dusted some mineral powder in my shade on over it (I was planning on powdering anyway) and it helped a little tiny bit. I didnt have time to wash and put something else on. So I went to work and at lunch the cream was sliding off of my face and I looked dead.
I tried it a week later just to wear it at home. I didn't put on powder, though. It was a mess a few hours later and the color is just awful.
I got the light because I'm fair.
I don't recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by redhead1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this in Light. It was a couple of shades too dark and also too warm for my pale skin with a pink undertone. I didn't see any illumination, nor did I care for the scent.

However, as an eyelid primer this stuff is AMAZING! I always put foundation and powder on my lids, both to even out skintone and to act as a barrier against my very oily skin. On the day I tried this cream I forgot to use my eyelid primer. At the twelve hour mark my eyeshadow had not budged one iota! I can't remember the last time that happened.

It is, in my opinion, too expensive to purchase so I hope to swap for a tube in the future.