April 16, 2014 | 1819 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

Was going to try this but not if it has bismuth in it! Its a sure ingredient to cause huge breakouts in an instant.

Using Aveeno's BB cream and loving it....Its THE BEST, esp for fair gals of NC 15 color range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I've tried one other BB creme product (Garnier's version) and this one rocks by comparison. First thing I didn't like about the Garnier was that there was no light, it only starts with light-medium??? I know, very odd, however, I was thrilled to find this one in light which is more appropriate for my skin tone. The YC is also not as greasy and I don't have to powder up every few hours. The creme does exactly as it promises, "skin looks lit from within" and has a new clarity and brightens. I never saw either of these effects with the Garnier, it just made my skin oily and too ruddy (probably due to the wrong color for my skin). This has a beautiful, matte finish and my makeup just slides over it. I absolutely love this stuff and would gladly buy it again!!!

Update. Very surprised at the relatively neg. reviews for this. Try Garnier and Maybelline's versions and you would go back to this one in a heart beat. Still LOVE IT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was pretty pricey for it doing absolutely nothing. I had no problem with the shade, I just had a problem with it looking like I put clear lotion on my face. No noticeable difference at all. I returned it, definitely not worth the money. Pleasant fragrance and texture, but zero coverage or color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another 'drugstore BB cream' disappointment to add to my list. First the fair shade is to dark & orange, second the fragrance is potent and made my eyes water, and finally this contains alcohol, which is a horrible and damaging ingredient for skin. Immediately returned it as it was almost $20 Canadian, which I personally think is a lot for a drug store item.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 4%, Titanium Dioxide 3.6%, Other: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquisterate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glyocl, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearte, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Niacinamide, Triethanolamine, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic Acid, Benzyl Alcool, Ceraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloydiemethyl Taurate, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance; May Contain Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It gave me outbreak on my cheek, forehead, and chin the very first time I used it! Three of them! Took over a week to heal. I never have outbreaks, I didn't have skin problems even when going through teenage hormonal changes. My skin is dry to normal, more on the olive side, and luck of healthy pink undertones is the only problem I am attempting to address when looking for light coverage. This certainly gives the healthy tint to my skin. But it brings horrid outbreaks along with the optimized color of the skin. Maybelline Dream Fresh works immaculately on me

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

This is a gel type bb cream, it's light weight and hydrating, it contains vitamin c, hyaluronic acid, and a few other beneficial ingredients. I have combination oily skin and this provides light coverage and it gives a nice dewy finish. I prefer this to the garnier bb cream (owned by loreal, identical ingredients) because the color medium matches me better. My only complaint is that it only has an SPF of 15.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never been interested in BB Creams before, Asian or western versions, but after testing out a sample of L'Oreal's version from a magazine and wearing it out for a day, I decided I liked it enough to purchase a full-sized version of the product. I'm still not buying into the "BB Cream" hype I view this product simply as a tinted moisturizer with some sun protection thrown in. It's a bit expensive for a tinted moisturizer, especially one from the drugstore, but I like the product. While I do have acne-prone skin, I don't break out too frequently, and my skin is pretty even on its own most of the time. My face, however, is a lot lighter than the rest of my body (thanks to AHA Souffle), so I find that this product does a pretty good job at evening out my skin tone overall. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, according to my boyfriend it just looks natural and dewy. Currently, I do have a few somewhat reddish zits, and while this doesn't completely cover them, it does reduce the appearance of it a little. I didn't expect full coverage, however. Overall, it makes my skin look REALLY nice, and I'm very pleased. I don't really have large pores to begin with, but it looks like it dramatically smoothed out the appearance of my skin.

As for staying power, I think it stays pretty well throughout the day. Whenever I use a napkin or a tissue, I've noticed that the product doesn't rub off as it would with some foundations I've used before. The product may look a wee bit shiny if you wear a moisturizer underneath, but I've found that if I wear this product alone, it gives a sort of matte yet dewy look... not greasy as others have described. I don't have oily skin, however. I probably will not wear this without my daily Cerave AM, however, simply because it has higher SPF and more active ingredients for sun protection (whereas the L'Oreal BB cream has only two physical ingredients).

I use the medium shade, and I have tan/olive skin. It doesn't look orange or ashy on me at all, and I haven't found that it oxidizes, either.

Overall, I would buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with MsPsylocke. Its not a BB cream its actually its just an expensive tinted moisturizer. L'oreal are so misleading labelling it a BB when its only benefit is color tint and sunblock. No illumination, no wrinkle care, no coverage, no evening of skin tone, no oil control, no anti-inflamatory benefits that all the Asian BB creams do. L'Oreal jumped on the bandwagon and are ripping us off. I tried fair which is way too dark and orangey looking - better for light to light/medium skins who want to tint their skin to add a bit of peach to their colo. (Although who would want to? There'sa million different better TM's out there.)

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by psforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this stuff. I am hooked. Love the texture, the effect it gives of getting rid if unevenness and redness, and I need to apply less foundation once I have this on. I even wear it alone by itself to the gym or when I'm out to run some errands. Love love this stuff. It reminds me of a very light coverage tinted moisturizer. Love the scent too. I have this in light and I am an NC30 in MAC. It seems light at first but then blends right in to my skin within a few minutes. I apply bronzer to even things out afterwards.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

For me, this is an almost exact dupe of the Garnier BB Cream in texture, moisturizing properties, SPF and fragrance. I happen to love that one and this is just a bit more expensive. The coverage is good with these, and it does help my skin appear more illuminated. My husband said I look gorgeous when just wearing this, so that's good! :)